• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A Top Ten Sign-Up

Started by HorseFeathers, May 29, 2014, 10:30:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pit Bull

Quote from: bdubyab60 on June 20, 2014, 09:37:36 am
I sense some sarcasm or maybe a bulldog fan trying to pull the wool over our eyes. lol

Down year....

playmaker04

Quote from: HF on May 29, 2014, 10:30:36 pm
Looking for at least 1 person from every conference....I'll do the 4-2A if nobody else signs up for it....

It'll still be open to everyone...Just that my worthy 6ish(Might be more depending on who's willing to participate) will be weighted.(We Don't want Marvell int eh top 10 do we'll? LoL)

Sooo Who's Up for it?

3--Bdub--DJ
4. HF
5--Biglion
6--BrianFromCarlisle--Pick Da Eagles
7--Mohawk---
8--Dragon I, Tha Truth..
I'll do 3-2a

playmaker04

Quote from: bdubyab60 on June 16, 2014, 04:36:18 pm
1. JC- Nothing new here.
2. Earle- Semi final run in 3A was a surprise. A lot of returning parts, did lose playmakers but always plenty to fill the spots.
3. Rison- We be solis as ususal, can they beat Bearden to get that 2 spot this year. Doing that coul dmean a little deeper run fo rhte Wildcats.
4. Gurdon- Lost their do everything QB and coach. Think losing the QB hurts worse than the coach according to the Go-Devil fans. Maybe they get off the same side of the bracket with JC and Bearden to make a run.
5. Bearden- Got one of the best QB's in 2A and play defense like crazy. Both can win you some ballgames. Depth may be the issue for the Bears unless numbers come up.
6. Dierks- Solid returning group, had some injuries last year at the wrong time. Program on the rise.
7. Hazen- Pretty young team last year and it showed when they played their big games. Many believe this is the year for the Hornets to get over that second round hump. Should be favored in the 6
8. England- dont know much about the Lions but beleive they have a good returning squad by reading on here.
9. McCrory- Discipline and turnovers hurt the young Jags last year. If they clean up their act they have one the best running back combos in 2A. this is one team I think can be really good or not live up to expectations from their performances in JR high.
10. Hector- By the way HF talks they got a good coach and new life in the program. maybe a return to the playoffs will keep that going.

Right on the door step.
Cross County- Definetly have 2 of the best backs in 2A. Davis and Turner boht over 1400 yards last year I believe. If their line has grown up watch out. By the way Davis got 300 of his 1500 yards on a bum ankle the last 3 games.

East Poinsett County- Did lose 7 seniors that played big minutes. Believe they will still have plenty of offense. Believe the line play will be better this year with a couple of transfers that moved in last year and a couple of sophomores that should help some. Defense will be the week point as the Warriors lose 2 linebackers, 2 corners and defensive end. Big shoes to fill.
turner for CC was a senior

playmaker04

3-2a
1 earle- moving to 2a will help an already experienced team who peaked at right time in playoffs last year.
2. Epc- lost some SRS but seem to always reload. Should have plenty of offense.
3. CC- after last years beat down by Salem in the season finale cc dedicated themselves to the weight room in an effort to get stronger. Something that had been lacking for awhile. Big numbers and a big quick line should spell bi numbers for Davis if he stays healthy.
4. Walnut ridge- they always seem to find a way to plug in guys to run that crazy misdirection offense they run.
5. MT- lost some guys but had some pretty good younger players last year. Should get in playoffs.
6. Salem- lost tons! Rebuilding
7 Rector- welcome back!
8. Midland- gonna take a few years

amehr36

1. JC
2-10. Does it matter???

bdubyab60

For discussion purposes yes. It probably won't happen but I really hope someone knocks them off this year. Your about the fourth JC poster to come up with a statement like that on various threads. Either vote or go talk you smack on the 40 page long JC thread.

bdubyab60

Quote from: playmaker04 on June 21, 2014, 11:28:50 am
Quote from: bdubyab60 on June 16, 2014, 04:36:18 pm
1. JC- Nothing new here.
2. Earle- Semi final run in 3A was a surprise. A lot of returning parts, did lose playmakers but always plenty to fill the spots.
3. Rison- We be solis as ususal, can they beat Bearden to get that 2 spot this year. Doing that coul dmean a little deeper run fo rhte Wildcats.
4. Gurdon- Lost their do everything QB and coach. Think losing the QB hurts worse than the coach according to the Go-Devil fans. Maybe they get off the same side of the bracket with JC and Bearden to make a run.
5. Bearden- Got one of the best QB's in 2A and play defense like crazy. Both can win you some ballgames. Depth may be the issue for the Bears unless numbers come up.
6. Dierks- Solid returning group, had some injuries last year at the wrong time. Program on the rise.
7. Hazen- Pretty young team last year and it showed when they played their big games. Many believe this is the year for the Hornets to get over that second round hump. Should be favored in the 6
8. England- dont know much about the Lions but beleive they have a good returning squad by reading on here.
9. McCrory- Discipline and turnovers hurt the young Jags last year. If they clean up their act they have one the best running back combos in 2A. this is one team I think can be really good or not live up to expectations from their performances in JR high.
10. Hector- By the way HF talks they got a good coach and new life in the program. maybe a return to the playoffs will keep that going.

Right on the door step.
Cross County- Definetly have 2 of the best backs in 2A. Davis and Turner boht over 1400 yards last year I believe. If their line has grown up watch out. By the way Davis got 300 of his 1500 yards on a bum ankle the last 3 games.

East Poinsett County- Did lose 7 seniors that played big minutes. Believe they will still have plenty of offense. Believe the line play will be better this year with a couple of transfers that moved in last year and a couple of sophomores that should help some. Defense will be the week point as the Warriors lose 2 linebackers, 2 corners and defensive end. Big shoes to fill.
turner for CC was a senior
I thought he had one year left. Hopefully Davis will hold up then. Fun player to watch.

THA TRUTH

Quote from: bdubyab60 on June 21, 2014, 04:00:26 pm
For discussion purposes yes. It probably won't happen but I really hope someone knocks them off this year. Your about the fourth JC poster to come up with a statement like that on various threads. Either vote or go talk you smack on the 40 page long JC thread.

We got a sensitive lil guy here now don't we hahaha it's amazing how talking about a winning team winning more get u guys all riled up

bdubyab60

Every thread same thing Truth. Every thread on every team some JCfan tries to high jack it with basically the same statement.

Why are you talking about your team JC is better. Who will finish second in the 8 JC will they are that great. The arrogance if some if you HC posters is annoying. And I'm not sensitive about it it's just getting old. Can't even talk about another conference without a JC poster talking about it doesn't matter.

THA TRUTH

I see ur just unable to ignore posts

amehr36

All I heard was "waaaaahhhhhh".

Coach Mac D

Quote from: bdubyab60 on June 21, 2014, 06:31:48 pm
Every thread same thing Truth. Every thread on every team some JCfan tries to high jack it with basically the same statement.

Why are you talking about your team JC is better. Who will finish second in the 8 JC will they are that great. The arrogance if some if you HC posters is annoying. And I'm not sensitive about it it's just getting old. Can't even talk about another conference without a JC poster talking about it doesn't matter.

Your right. Fearlessfriday.com 2a threads has been infected with a dragon virus.

THA TRUTH

It's such a hassle to the weak board members

HorseFeathers

Quote from: playmaker04 on June 21, 2014, 11:26:09 am
Quote from: HF on May 29, 2014, 10:30:36 pm
Looking for at least 1 person from every conference....I'll do the 4-2A if nobody else signs up for it....

It'll still be open to everyone...Just that my worthy 6ish(Might be more depending on who's willing to participate) will be weighted.(We Don't want Marvell int eh top 10 do we'll? LoL)

Sooo Who's Up for it?

3--Bdub--DJ
4. HF
5--Biglion
6--BrianFromCarlisle--Pick Da Eagles
7--Mohawk---
8--Dragon I, Tha Truth..
I'll do 3-2a

Looking for a 2A top ten...not a run down of the 3-2A :D...

THA TRUTH

1 jc
2 Earle
3 bearden
4 rison
5 dierks
6 hazen
7 da
8 England
9 mccrory
10 Carlisle

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: THA TRUTH on June 22, 2014, 07:48:02 am
1 jc
2 Earle
3 bearden
4 rison
5 dierks
6 hazen
7 da
8 England
9 mccrory
10 Carlisle

This coming from the guy who claims the 6 is down this year? You have more teams from the 6 in your top 10, than you do from the 8.  ;D

Mohawk 54

Come on truth, I know JC beat Gurdon last year, but no vote this year for the top ten

THA TRUTH

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on June 22, 2014, 09:03:28 am
1 jc
2 Earle
3 bearden
4 rison
5 dierks
6 hazen
7 da
8 England
9 mccrory
10 Carlisle

This coming from the guy who claims the 6 is down this year? You have more teams from the 6 in your top 10, than you do from the 8.  ;D

Ok well let's all start by being honest 2a ball is weaker than it used to and the 6 will be down but I also never said the 8 would have great teams top to bottom it's top heavy with three teams that win conference in every other conference so that's why the 8 is better that can't be said about the top 3 of other conferences

THA TRUTH

Quote from: Mohawk 54 on June 22, 2014, 11:52:21 am
Come on truth, I know JC beat Gurdon last year, but no vote this year for the top ten

I truly don't think they will be as good because of their qb loss

Mohawk 54

I sure hope your wrong, but who knows.

Coach Mac D

1 jc
2 Earle
3 bearden
4 rison
5 dierks
6 hazen
7 da
8 England
9 mccrory
10 Carlisle

Not bad for a preseason ranking. It will all come down to the seeding for playoffs. Who ever wins their conference always has a better chance obviously. It's hard to finish third in conference and still reach final 4. It does happen but you got to be really good to climb from the 3 seed cause your gonna be on the road allot.

Week 1 match up between Hazen & Earle will be a good match up early.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: THA TRUTH on June 22, 2014, 12:50:28 pm
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on June 22, 2014, 09:03:28 am
1 jc
2 Earle
3 bearden
4 rison
5 dierks
6 hazen
7 da
8 England
9 mccrory
10 Carlisle

Ok well let's all start by being honest 2a ball is weaker than it used to and the 6 will be down but I also never said the 8 would have great teams top to bottom it's top heavy with three teams that win conference in every other conference so that's why the 8 is better that can't be said about the top 3 of other conferences

The only team from the 8, that could win the 6, is j.c. that has been proved on the field. J.c. is the only team d.a. has had a problem with, albeit last seasons game with j.c. was ugly to say the least.  We beat 3 other teams from the 8.

And I would say that carlisle would also say that j.c. is the only team to be able to just win the 6. Your other 2 of your top 3 in the 8, could not just roll in and win the 6.

Saying the 2A is weak is taking away from j.c.'s legacy, which is deserved.

MomaLion

THA TRUTH

Last year ur right but this is a new year and also I'm not gonna sit here and act like the road is as tough for jc to do what it has done like it would've been in the earlier years teams aren't as good now as they were in 08 and 08 wasn't as good as the years before hand the competition level is down

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: THA TRUTH on June 23, 2014, 06:53:44 am
Last year ur right but this is a new year and also I'm not gonna sit here and act like the road is as tough for jc to do what it has done like it would've been in the earlier years teams aren't as good now as they were in 08 and 08 wasn't as good as the years before hand the competition level is down

All we have to go on is last year, nobody knows what this season will bring.

THA TRUTH

When u lose people ur not better off and rison returned close to everyone so that helps them

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: THA TRUTH on June 23, 2014, 05:12:31 pm
When u lose people ur not better off and rison returned close to everyone so that helps them

That would depend on who you lose, just because some kids start, doesn't mean there is not a comparable or better kid after a year of practice waiting for his chance to start. Do you know what every team in the 6 returns? I sure don't.

THA TRUTH

I'm really just going off Carlisle i dont really recognize DA

Pick_DA_EAGLES

June 24, 2014, 08:19:39 am #78 Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 08:33:16 am by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: THA TRUTH on June 23, 2014, 07:28:35 pm
I'm really just going off Carlisle i dont really recognize DA

You do not have to recognize us, seeing how we have had 3 coaches in 6 years, and still won 2 conference titles and played in 2 state title games (lost the best team in 2A both times and beat Bearden in route to that game both times), our success speaks for itself.

I bet it's safe to say that the people that matter, the coaches from the 8, recognize des arc.

THA TRUTH

The coaches recognize them cause that's the team that they put a state record on and nothing more

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: THA TRUTH on June 24, 2014, 11:30:06 am
The coaches recognize them cause that's the team that they put a state record on and nothing more

you are either to ignorant, or to blind to see that des arc beat 2 of the other 3 final 4 teams. You do realize Bearden has not beaten des arc in a meaningful game, so I'm sure they respect des arc, same for strong, so I'm sure that you are one of the 2 options I listed in my first sentence.

Dragon I

I think we had this same argument at the end of last year pick.  A lot of people don't believe Des Arc was the second best team last year.  Not even top 4. 

amehr36

I remember when not winning state made someone a good team.... NOT.

bdubyab60

You can be a good team and not win state. Usually the best team wins it. Sometimes you just have to be the best that day.

THA TRUTH

Well DA sure as heck wasn't that day and wouldn't have been any other day

BrianfromCarlisle

HF, how long til you post that WAY early poll?? 

THA TRUTH

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on June 24, 2014, 01:04:49 pm

you are either to ignorant, or to blind to see that des arc beat 2 of the other 3 final 4 teams. You do realize Bearden has not beaten des arc in a meaningful game, so I'm sure they respect des arc, same for strong, so I'm sure that you are one of the 2 options I listed in my first sentence.

DA was awful in the game I saw and the game I saw is the last game of the year and it's the most meaningful and in that game DA showed they don't deserve respect from jc in any way form or fashion just let it go it doesn't matter what u did the other games u mentioned everyone's season is based on what they do in their last game

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: THA TRUTH on June 24, 2014, 05:41:38 pm

DA was awful in the game I saw and the game I saw is the last game of the year and it's the most meaningful and in that game DA showed they don't deserve respect from jc in any way form or fashion just let it go it doesn't matter what u did the other games u mentioned everyone's season is based on what they do in their last game

Then by that comment nobody gets respect because everyone but j.c. lost.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Dragon I on June 24, 2014, 02:00:06 pm
I think we had this same argument at the end of last year pick.  A lot of people don't believe Des Arc was the second best team last year.  Not even top 4.

So it was just pure luck to beat 2 of final 4 teams head to head? Ok I get it, it only works that way if it helps out the all mighty 8.  :o

Dragon I

Luck and circumstance.  It happens.  I'm not mad.

Backwoods Bart

THA TRUTH

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on June 24, 2014, 06:35:28 pm

No i stated the showing DA gave deemed no need for respect and of u believe it does u got problems

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: THA TRUTH on June 24, 2014, 10:04:07 pm
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on June 24, 2014, 06:35:28 pm

No i stated the showing DA gave deemed no need for respect and of u believe it does u got problems

If you base a teams performance in one game instead of the whole season, you are the one with a problem.

THA TRUTH

I bet y'all players felt real good about their prior wins after that title game

BrianfromCarlisle

1. J.C.
2. Rison
3. Earle
4. Dierks
5. Bearden
6. Gurdon
7. Hazen
8. Mccrory
9. Cross County
10. England

Donnie Jamon

1. JC
2. Bearden
3. Earle
4. Hazen
5. Rison
6. EPC
7. Gurdon
8. Dierks
9. England
0. Des Arc

Others: McCrory, Cross County, Mt Ida, Walnut Ridge, Strong, Magnet Cove, Woodlawn, Hector

Cheek

1. JC
2. Earle
3. Rison
4. Hazen
5. Dierks
6. Bearden
7. Gurdon
8. England
9. McCrory
10. Hector

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas