• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mike Cox

Started by bleudog, May 13, 2014, 09:22:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bleudog

May 13, 2014, 09:22:19 pm Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 09:24:04 pm by bleudog
Former Bearden Bear head coach Mike Cox is leaving Hamburg to take the head coach position at Camden-Fairview.

ArkVar is reporting the hire was formally approved tonight.

HorseFeathers

Bright side for Cox? Still won't have to contend with Junction City to win state :D Downside? Program he's taking the reigns at, already has a history of being 2nd best team in class...

cuz

Sorry bleu didn't see this when I posted the other............Didn't mean to duplicate..........

Lions84

Lateral move at best. But he gets away from Carpenter and JC!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Lions84 on May 14, 2014, 10:17:24 am

Moving from Hamburg to Camden Fairview is a Lateral move? Really?

AirWarren

That I disagree with and I don't normally disagree with you lion.

CF has been to the state title game what, 3 in the last 4 years if I am not mistaken. Won it once. Facilities at CF are some of if not the best in the state. Larger population to pull from. Much more to do in town and much more choices for a family. CF has nearly 12K people in population.

The most Hamburg has won in seven years was 7 games until Cox took them to 9 last year. His first year he won six. Most of those seasons were 2-5 win seasons since 2001. Hamburg as a town offers nothing. You have to go to crossett or Monticello for anything. And I mean anything. Or Bastrop. Facilities are mediocre at best at hamburg with a town a little of 3K people. The only reason Hamburg stays alive is because the farmers send their kids from east Ashley county to avoid them having to go to Lake Village or Dermott. 

bleudog

May 14, 2014, 02:36:52 pm #6 Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 02:38:46 pm by bleudog
No problem cuz. You know what they say about great minds.

Here's an ArkVar article on Cox's move:
  https://arkansasvarsity.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1640953

Youngsta71701

Is this a joke!

Dragon I

BUCK FEVER

This should prove to be a good move for Cox and CF....................best of luck to all.

cuz

Cox will have the players and will make a statement at CF. They've been in the top ten several times in the last 10 years and should do good this year..............

Lions84

They are so excited about Cox that there is thread on it at Hogville.

Lions84

Quote from: HF on May 13, 2014, 09:37:35 pm
Bright side for Cox? Still won't have to contend with Junction City to win state :D Downside? Program he's taking the reigns at, already has a history of being 2nd best team in class...

Well some Coaches left the 6AA back in the 80's to escape those Barton Bears. So that is nothing new.

green-eagle

Quote from: Lions84 on May 20, 2014, 09:33:19 am

Well some Coaches left the 6AA back in the 80's to escape those Barton Bears. So that is nothing new.

not quite...some schools was moved up in classification and never returned to the AA classification...

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Lions84 on May 20, 2014, 09:33:19 am

hamburg 4a and junction city is 2a

60Hog

Cox still has a home in Fairview from his previous coaching stay at CF.

cuz

Quote from: HF on May 14, 2014, 11:17:43 am

Moving from Hamburg to Camden Fairview is a Lateral move? Really?
Must of never been to Hamburg............. ;)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas