• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clarendon Football

Started by Panther87, April 19, 2014, 02:35:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Panther87

Look for a big turn around In coach Thrashs 2nd year. Increased participation and enthusiasm.

MomaLion

I sure hope so.  We all knew it'd take a few years to start seeing some progress and we all support what Coach Thrash is doing  :)

Lions84

April 21, 2014, 12:15:57 pm #2 Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 08:26:50 am by Lions84
Thrash and his staff are working hard and trying to get numbers up so I hoping we will return to being a feared and respected Football Program.

MomaLion

April 22, 2014, 12:34:38 am #3 Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 12:36:23 am by MomaLion
Quote from: Lions84 on April 21, 2014, 12:15:57 pm
Tanner and his staff are working hard and trying to get numbers up so I hoping we will return to being a feared and respected Football Program.
Tanner won't be there this summer though because he has basic training...will be back just before school begins in the fall.  He is a good salesman though at talking kids into participating...did you mean Thrash?

Lions84

He will be ready to go after coming out of boot.  The kids better be ready.

MomaLion

He isn't doing infantry boot camp but he should still be very physically fit.  He is my daughter's boyfriend.

Lions84

Quote from: MomaLion on April 23, 2014, 12:59:54 am
He isn't doing infantry boot camp but he should still be very physically fit.  He is my daughter's boyfriend.

Boot is just about the same unless he is in the Air Force.

MomaLion

Quote from: Lions84 on April 23, 2014, 12:26:20 pm
Quote from: MomaLion on April 23, 2014, 12:59:54 am

Boot is just about the same unless he is in the Air Force.
LOL, not Army infantry...they don't play.  My son went through a few years back and it was full on all the time.  At the same time my niece was in Army bootcamp in a mulitgender facility and they got to keep their phones and have a ton of free time...it was like summer camp.

jbtiger73

Well, we got yall early in the season for some reason. like week 4 or 5 I think. at yall's place, again. but I remember starting my 10th grade year, we started playing the lions the first game after years of playing yall the last game. then they switched it back to the last 2 years ago. but now to switch it again, but to the middle now. every team is different, depending on what time of year it is. I know for the past couple years, we've gotten off to slow starts. mainly due to a tough non conference schedule. (4A Brookland, Cross County, 3A Episcopal). but this coming season should be different for us, as far as starting wise.

Lions84

It should be a great game between the 2 schools.

jbtiger73

MomaLion

It may be better for us to play y'all earlier since we are prone to so many injuries lol...hopefully we can have a little better luck in that department  :)

Lions84

Quote from: MomaLion on April 24, 2014, 11:57:35 pm
It may be better for us to play y'all earlier since we are prone to so many injuries lol...hopefully we can have a little better luck in that department  :)

Yes last year at CHS reminded me of the 81 and 82 seasons when we had the walking wounded with 5-8 having cast or crutches.

Lions84

81 was tough year with injuries but I expect Tanner to have the team in better shape this fall.

MomaLion

He will be fresh out of boot camp lol...maybe he can drill them.

Lions84

Yep with another good summer of 7-7 and fall camp Those ole Lions ought to be ready to ROAR!

Lions84

What the latest from down on the River????

MomaLion

I know that they have been out practicing...not sure on numbers or any specifics. From the pics I can tell that size will be an issue as usual but I know that they have been hitting the weights in the off season and have some speed.

Lions84

MomaLion

I'll be honest and say that i'm not sure how this rates with other teams but they do have a handful in the "1,500 club" with weights...sounds impressive to me lol but like I said i'm not sure.  Participation isn't great numbers wise right now but there are other factors that influence that this time of year.  We will just have to see what happens over the summer  :)

jbtiger73

That means total weight lifted between bench, power clean, squats, and dead lift

Lions84

Summer is always filled with Church Camps, Trips and such.  I just worked and worked out during the summer.

MomaLion

Quote from: jbtiger73 on June 02, 2014, 09:46:01 am
That means total weight lifted between bench, power clean, squats, and dead lift
Yea, what I meant was that i'm not sure if that is as impressive as it seems to me lol...I don't know what other teams are doing in weights...thanks for explaining though  :)

Lions84

Have a great summer at 7 on 7.

Lions84

Lions84

I was home a few weeks ago and about 30 boys were up working out at the Field House.

MomaLion

They had their first official practice today...not sure about the turnout but Thrash has been working them this summer  ;D

Bearden_Bear72

They are in one of the best conferences.  Set a goal first to make it to playoffs

MomaLion

Lions84

I believe we can at least make the playoffs this year. I personally think we win 7 this year then win a playoff game then finish 8-4.

cav2012

Quote from: Lions84 on August 06, 2014, 02:45:42 pm
I believe we can at least make the playoffs this year. I personally think we win 7 this year then win a playoff game then finish 8-4.
You shouldn't be dranking this early

Cheek

Quote from: cav2012 on August 06, 2014, 04:52:38 pm
Quote from: Lions84 on August 06, 2014, 02:45:42 pm
You shouldn't be dranking this early

I agree.  Clarendon may be improved, but the playoffs are a long shot.   I think they are two years away.

Lions84

We seen some changes and coaching changes can be good or bad. I remember how bad Barton fell after Pappa Frank left, How we nosedived after Hart left and the list could go on.

MomaLion

That's one thing about Clarendon, if the guys get it in there head to fight, they can do amazing things...the problem is getting them motivated and keeping the injuries down.  The coaches are doing their part, now it's up to the players.

Lions84

It usually up to the players and level of TALENT.

Pit Bull

What are you guys doing for a scrimmage this year?

Dogg

Coming to Earle. The game will be played at the old Bulldog Staidum.

MomaLion

Quote from: Dogg on August 07, 2014, 07:24:56 pm
Coming to Earle. The game will be played at the old Bulldog Staidum.
Yep, we are headed to Earle on the 26th for scrimmage.

Lions84

Stay Healthy Loins Brookland waiting for You!!!

Lions84

Hope Your ready Lions Brookland wants to take you down.

big E

Can a bearcat beat up a lion and just what is a bearcat? Should cats and bears be mingling just having a hard time figuring this out.

MomaLion

The Bearcats are walking into the Lion's Den so I say no, they can't beat up a Lion  :)

Lions84

1 Question why are Ark HS starting Football a week later this year?   We had our first game down here last week.

Proud Buckaroo

We played the same time last year. Smackover played it's first game September 5th last season.

Lions84

OK I missed the change we always played our first game the last friday in August.

Proud Buckaroo

Most teams played scrimmages last Friday.

Lions84

Yes we used to start early and play only one scrimmage the got the season going.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas