• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Earle Bulldogs

Started by Pit Bull, March 08, 2014, 07:40:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pit Bull

Back! Time, time, time for some action!

How is the 2A-3 looking, who will be the team to beat? For what it's worth, we've missed you guys, lol!

Elvis

My prediction for 2 3A football.

1. Cross Co
2. Earle
3. Marked Tree
4. EPC
5. Walnut Ridge
6. Salem

Don't think Rector or Midland will field teams unless they are JV.

Wolfman34

What about Cedar Ridge football? They'll be pretty good...

Elvis

They will be moving up a classification next season.

Pit Bull

Quote from: Elvis on March 09, 2014, 01:09:21 pm
My prediction for 2 3A football.

1. Cross Co
2. Earle
3. Marked Tree
4. EPC
5. Walnut Ridge
6. Salem

Don't think Rector or Midland will field teams unless they are JV.

Yea I heard that CC was tough, this brings back some old rivary memories...,

MarionBlueDevil

There will be some way shorter road trips with this set-up. That's kinda nice too.

MarionBlueDevil

Earle should be fine next year. They're losing their top two rushers, but are bringing back a 1,000 yard rusher and will probably let Gerry Bohanon play varsity as well.

Markus Lane will be back as well and he was dominant last year.

Bulldogs will be tough.

bdubyab60

March 10, 2014, 03:13:09 pm #7 Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 01:47:30 pm by bdubyab60
Here is how I think it will play out.

1. Earle- Final four of 3A with decent returning squad will have them in the mix.
2. Cross County- If davis has the same year as last they will be tough
3. Walnut Ridge- QB coming up is the real deal and their system.
4. EPC- 3 transfers that moved in this year will play big minutes this coming year. Lost some skill position players but still plenty here.
5. Marked Tree- Brody football gone but should be stubborn as usual
6. Salem- Not sure how much they lost but had a good squad of seniors leave. Lots of turmoil last season held them back. can they get that straightened out.
Rector and Midland I dont know much about. Only got to see rectors Junior squad and they got work to do. heard Midland was competitive.

Pit Bull

Quote from: MarionBlueDevil on March 10, 2014, 02:11:39 pm
Earle should be fine next year. They're losing their top two rushers, but are bringing back a 1,000 yard rusher and will probably let Gerry Bohanon play varsity as well.

Bulldogs will be tough.

Richard Meridith (Funky) will more than likely be the Top Back if he comes out and work hard but what Coleman really needs to do is stabilize the Black Mamba "Marquiez!" That kid could be lethal at the slot reciever if he works hard, bottom line the Buldogs will return a ton of talented weapontry that should make them multi-dimensional on offense and defensively they will be simply vicious....

playmaker04

Quote from: bdubyab60 on March 10, 2014, 03:13:09 pm

1. Earle- Final four of 3A with decent returning squad will have them in the mix.
2. Cross County- If davis stays, rumors of transferring but just rumors for now.
4. EPC- 3 transfers that moved in this year will play big minutes this coming year. Lost some skill position players but still plenty here.
6. Salem- Not sure how much they lost but had a good squad of seniors leave. Lots of turmoil last season held them back. can they get that straightened out.
Rector and Midland I dont know much about. Only got to see rectors Junior squad and they got work to do. heard Midland was competitive.
cc has to start having a better off season system in place. They have been behind other teams in the weight room for years. Heard after Salem crushed them in last game last year that they were gonna start weights that coming Monday. Davis brother is the star running back at Wynne.

bdubyab60

Quote from: playmaker04 on March 12, 2014, 10:00:58 am

2. Cross County- If davis stays, rumors of transferring but just rumors for now.
cc has to start having a better off season system in place. They have been behind other teams in the weight room for years. Heard after Salem crushed them in last game last year that they were gonna start weights that coming Monday. Davis brother is the star running back at Wynne.
Ran for 1800 at Wynne didnt he. Had a really good year. CC has the talent line play would be the main thing. If they get those backs any blocking it could be a very good year for them and I could see them contending for the conference crown. If not then they will be down at the 4 to 5 range again.

playmaker04

Quote from: bdubyab60 on March 12, 2014, 10:42:35 am
Quote from: playmaker04 on March 12, 2014, 10:00:58 am

Ran for 1800 at Wynne didnt he. Had a really good year. CC has the talent line play would be the main thing. If they get those backs any blocking it could be a very good year for them and I could see them contending for the conference crown. If not then they will be down at the 4 to 5 range again.
I believe Earle is probably the frontrunner. Epc will be in mix too. 3-5 wide open just like last year. I thought last year there is no way cc doesn't finish in top 5 but somehow they found a way not too.

Pit Bull

Hasn't Salem been dominate the last few years and Walnut Ridge been having good teams as well?

Donnie Jamon

I think EPC will have a good shot at winning the conference. Just depends on what happens in the next few months tho.  Return a bunch of lineman counting a couple big boy transfers

Elvis

Quote from: Pit Bull on March 11, 2014, 11:01:23 am

Bulldogs will be tough.

Richard Meridith (Funky) will more than likely be the Top Back if he comes out and work hard but what Coleman really needs to do is stabilize the Black Mamba "Marquiez!" That kid could be lethal at the slot reciever if he works hard, bottom line the Buldogs will return a ton of talented weapontry that should make them multi-dimensional on offense and defensively they will be simply vicious....
Walnut Ridge has lost tons of players the last 2 years off very good teams. If you are counting on a Jr team moving at 10th graders it aint going to happen this year in this league. Just ask Cross Co.

Idoknow

Quote from: Elvis on March 13, 2014, 07:44:57 am

Bulldogs will be tough.

Walnut Ridge has lost tons of players the last 2 years off very good teams. If you are counting on a Jr team moving at 10th graders it aint going to happen this year in this league. Just ask Cross Co.
The Ridge lost only 4 starters on off. and 3 starters on def. with an Undefeated Jr. Team moving up, so I think they will be tough again. This is basically the same team EPC had to go into overtime to beat at EPC. See y'all at the Ridge next Yr.!

hssportfan

Yea, everybody knows the officiating crew at the ridge, tough for even anyone to win there. Great reputation for the worst officials in the conference and are always the same ones.

itdontcare

Quote from: hssportfan on March 13, 2014, 04:22:24 pm
Yea, everybody knows the officiating crew at the ridge, tough for even anyone to win there. Great reputation for the worst officials in the conference and are always the same ones.
up until 2 years ago, Treadway,Dunn, Williams and yes weathers used the same officials. As a matter of fact, these officials called at epc for years before they ever arrived at walnut ridge.  And correct me if iam wrong, but epc has won the last three sr high meetings and two of those three were at walnut ridge ( with the worst officials in the conference..right?). Blaming the officials is quickly becoming epc's battle cry..football and basketball.

Donnie Jamon

EPC fired them bc they were bad so we didn't have to hear from other teams. They cheat and we knew it here so i guess that's what y'all want. We don't have to cheat to beat someone

itdontcare

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on March 14, 2014, 12:20:50 am
EPC fired them bc they were bad so we didn't have to hear from other teams. They cheat and we knew it here so i guess that's what y'all want. We don't have to cheat to beat someone
Stop crying about the officials and get back to recruiting for your brother. Your high school coach would be ashamed of all the crying you do about officials.

bdubyab60

WE won despite the poor officiating. The last meeting WR had probably 3 drives that they scored on where they didnt earn a first down, all penalty aided. We ran those boys out of town they jobbed us just as bad at home as they did at WR.

Usually we only complain about the officiating when it is bad and when you go to WR its bad.

You guys can keep thinking the tides a turning but EPC will still be very competitive. we cant help that players want to come here and play for us. Most of the kids that have moved in used to live here before. And WR shouldnt be talking about getting players either with the way they get them from Hoxie. i mean how the crap are you guys even still 2A when you have more students than a 3A school.

itdontcare

Quote from: bdubyab60 on March 14, 2014, 10:52:15 am
WE won despite the poor officiating. The last meeting WR had probably 3 drives that they scored on where they didnt earn a first down, all penalty aided. We ran those boys out of town they jobbed us just as bad at home as they did at WR.

Usually we only complain about the officiating when it is bad and when you go to WR its bad.

You guys can keep thinking the tides a turning but EPC will still be very competitive. we cant help that players want to come here and play for us. Most of the kids that have moved in used to live here before. And WR shouldnt be talking about getting players either with the way they get them from Hoxie. i mean how the crap are you guys even still 2A when you have more students than a 3A school.
Every Hoxie kid that transferred to Walnut ridge ...lived in Walnut ridge.  And yes Walnut Ridge will probably move up in two years (closing black rock School) . And remember that I did not say that epc will drop off. I personally think that weathers will be pretty good.

MarionBlueDevil

Bulldogs will be tough.

It'd be nice to have Claude back to go with Jarius at receiver for Gerry as well.

Defensively, they're going to be stacked with Tavarres, Markus and Tevin roaming.

itdontcare

Bulldogs will be tough.

Saw you guys in the playoffs...You are the real deal. The talk will be interesting with jc and bearden. Earle will put as much talent on the field as anybody in 2a football. Good Luck

Greyhound#1

Salem lost a lot.  Basically every skill position and more.  I do know were gonna have a really good RB.  He was the 9th grader that tore up CC in 2nd half.   At QB,  We do have a 10th grader(Junior Next Year) that did not get to play this year because he moved off and moved back so he wasn't elig.  He about 6' 4" and got a arm but hasn't played since 9th grade.    Other then that i'm not for sure were we stand.  I suspect the coaches will have him ready to compete but it will take some work to replace the talent that will graduate this year.  Sometimes its not talent that wins but the players with the most heart.  So we will see what happens.

Elvis

I knew Salem & Walnut Ridge have been hit hard by graduation. Plus I know how good WR junior high was last year, but in real world those future 10th grade kids aren't competing for a top stop in this league in 2014. Lots of butt whooping for the orange/white next season. Earle has had a dominate youth & Jr High program the last 4 years, and you about to see it pay of on the 2A level. Cross Co is loaded with what they have plus they always gain a transfer or two. MT has a move it to play QB from Mississippi so they may have solved there issues. Should be a fun 2014 football season.

bdubyab60

MT has more issues than just a QB Elvis. They should be competitive though. Main thing EPC will have to have is some guys step up on defense. Still plenty of play makers but lost starting DE and 2 linebackers who were in on about every tackle.
I WR lost a lot and its asking a lot of 10th graders to step up but the one thing that WR has is that they are well coached. They are out athleted most nights even when they had the players they have had over the past couple of years. They run there offense very well and it might keep them in some games.

Pit Bull

Bulldogs will be happy to be back in the old conference...

Bias

Why do some of the other 2-a schools in the conference not have football? BIC and Riverside between 2 towns a piece could put together teams.

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: itdontcare on March 16, 2014, 10:54:32 am

Bulldogs will be tough.

Saw you guys in the playoffs...You are the real deal. The talk will be interesting with jc and bearden. Earle will put as much talent on the field as anybody in 2a football. Good Luck

Thanks! Which game did you watch?

ISU7

Davis to EPC.....ssssshhhhh! :-X

bdubyab60

April 09, 2014, 02:53:20 pm #31 Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 01:49:17 pm by bdubyab60
Quote from: ISU7 on April 09, 2014, 07:58:30 am

Davis to EPC.....ssssshhhhh! :-X

MarionBlueDevil

Bulldogs are wrapping up spring ball this week!

Pit Bull

Quote from: MarionBlueDevil on May 27, 2014, 11:26:02 pm

How do they look?

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: Pit Bull on May 27, 2014, 11:35:12 pm
Quote from: MarionBlueDevil on May 27, 2014, 11:26:02 pm

How do they look?

Looked strong when I went out there. A lot of guys working hard.

Downside is that there not be a scrimmage because AAU basketball is cutting into practice time and it being so close to the end of school.

Will have more information tomorrow afternoon about the Bulldogs' spring.

Hornetzone

Heard the Qb Tye was leaving too? This true?

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: Hornetzone on June 01, 2014, 12:52:10 pm
Heard the Qb Tye was leaving too? This true?

Who? Earle's starting a freshman this year, and his mom is the principal. Can't see him going anywhere unless she does.

Elvis

Is it Bohanaon? Earle had kis in 6 the grade bigger than most Jr High teams. They are loaded if no one moved off.

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: Elvis on June 19, 2014, 09:16:40 pm
Is it Bohanaon? Earle had kis in 6 the grade bigger than most Jr High teams. They are loaded if no one moved off.

It is Bohannon. They're gonna get him to a quarterback camp or two this summer.

Hornetzone

My bad. Tye the Qb for Cross County. But I think Davis and Him both are staying now.

playmaker04

Quote from: Hornetzone on June 21, 2014, 10:23:16 pm
My bad. Tye the Qb for Cross County. But I think Davis and Him both are staying now.
their both staying

Hornetzone

I've just been told that he was moving. He signed all the papers the other day.

Donnie Jamon

Who signed?  QB or Davis

Hornetzone

Bodyguard

Dogs should be Hard Chargers this season, Coleman should have the capability and tools to get er done this year....

Pit Bull

June 26, 2014, 07:01:48 pm #45 Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 08:47:29 pm by Pit Bull
Quote from: Bodyguard on June 26, 2014, 07:09:18 am
Dogs should be Hard Chargers this season, Coleman should have the capability and tools to get er done this year....

Go Dogs..

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: Pit Bull on June 26, 2014, 07:01:48 pm

Go Dogs..

What you said.

Pit Bull

Quote from: MarionBlueDevil on July 08, 2014, 10:46:19 pm
Quote from: Pit Bull on June 26, 2014, 07:01:48 pm

Go Dogs..

What you said.

I heard that the Bulldogs looked pretty good a few weeks ago in 7 on 7 against West Helena...  The Doggs took the Cougars in the best of 3 with a freshman QB but a lot of speed to burn....

BoxNOne

Quote from: Bias on March 26, 2014, 10:28:36 pm
Why do some of the other 2-a schools in the conference not have football? BIC and Riverside between 2 towns a piece could put together teams.

I think they look down the road at Manila's football program and don't want to go that route.

Pit Bull

Earle kicks off 2014 against Hazen, what do we know about Hazen and how do we think this will end?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas