• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who is your team opening with next season?

Started by jbtiger73, March 01, 2014, 11:38:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbtiger73

The Brinkley Tigers open at home against Western Yell County. I know Clarendon opens in the hootens kickoff classic at UAPB against 4A Brookland

Ventman

Lions84

This will be a good showcase for Clarendon in Coach Thrash 2nd year.

jbtiger73

Yea 84, but we've played them the last 2 seasons , and they are no push over. And very deep as well. With a huge and physical o-line. They ran a 2 qb system against us the past two years. They run no huddle the entire game. But they are slow as dirt tho. And u can score on them. But they were so deeper than us, the fatigue was in affect. And u remember how humid it was at the beginning of the season. The might bring around 60-65 players. I know they had close to that both times we played them. And their jr high is even bigger in numbers.

Lions84

I got a ton of Faith in Coach Thrash and his staff to be ready . I also believe they will not be way laided by the Injury Bug this year.

jbtiger73

Yea. That killed them. Plus guys quitting mid season to concentrate on hoops. Alot of them not used to the work that he makes them do.

Donnie Jamon

jbtiger73

Wonder will they be the favorite along with hazen to win the 6 2A conference.

Donnie Jamon

Quote from: jbtiger73 on March 12, 2014, 09:48:22 pm
Wonder will they be the favorite along with hazen to win the 6 2A conference.

Hazen should win but it will be tough

jbtiger73

Brinkley will be alot better also. Might contend for the #2 spot. Hopefully we will be better than that.

wireman41

jbtiger73

I started this topic because i know alot of teams had to make changes to their openers due to new confrences or being involved in kickoff classics. I know at Brinkley, we were slated to open at home with LR Epispocal. but had to change due to Augusta and McCrory being added to our conf. which means we could only add two non confrence games. so western yell county was one of the only few schools that we could schedule at the time.

Lions84

jbtiger73

me too 84. i know coach thrash told me at regionals that clarendon was supposed to open at dewitt. but like i mentioned. our and their conf schedule had conflicts. so much so that dewitt cancelled and he was gonna have an open date to open the season along with another one later in the season. plus everyone in the leauge's second game is a conf. game. until hootens called about the game with brookland at UAPB. although its a much tougher opponent, it worked out better for him and the kids for getting some exposure and getting to play on a college campus.

Lions84

Yep Coach Thrash wanted to eat some Dragon Meat  but he will get to naw on Brookland instead.

jbtiger73

surely hope so. it will be tough from a depth standpoint. like i said, they will be able to score on them. but how much will that lion D be on the field, is the X factor like it was for us the past couple years facing them. the o-line will definitely be a problem for Thrash and company. they average around 275 and up and are extremely physical. i'll definitely be there to check it out since Brinkley doesn't play on that day.

MomaLion

Quote from: jbtiger73 on March 01, 2014, 11:38:42 am
The Brinkley Tigers open at home against Western Yell County. I know Clarendon opens in the hootens kickoff classic at UAPB against 4A Brookland
Yea, somebody got a good chuckle when they scheduled that one lol.

MomaLion

Coach Thrash has already "encouraged" the basketball team to play football lol.  He is good for them and they really like him so i'm optimistic. I know he was giving them a week off then they get to hit the weights hard.

jbtiger73

yea. im just hoping they dont quit on him mid season like last season due to lack of wins. the kids have to have alot of patience, and realize that winning in football takes time and effort. just hoping he can get it together. he's a really good guy, and tries to expose those kids to things that they have never or probably would ever experiece.

MomaLion

I guess there will always be some to quit when it gets hard but most of ours were injured lol. Hopefully those guys are taking their calcium this season lol.

HorseFeathers

....hmm...Don't know who we open with....But hearing that Hector has picked up Hampton as a non-conference opponent...

jbtiger73

I know we have a tough homecoming date with mccrory in week 5. we had another team scheduled for homecoming, but the week we had scheduled was the same week our FFA has to be at the state fair. this is the second year in a row that this has happened. lol. some date, huh.

MarionBlueDevil

Earle plays Highland, I believe. Away from home as well.

jbtiger73

Highland is a very tough matchup for the bulldogs. but that's why they play the game.

big E

Pw opens with rector if they lose that one im gonna plant some tomatoes on the field.

jbtiger73

I feel ya on that one big E. I probably would do the same if we lost to western yell. no offence to them tho. but we ought to win that one pretty easily.

big E

Jb at this point I dont know if we will beat anyone evidently the head dont think he should be reassigned after marvell beat him man if that dont open your eyes you are on crack.

jbtiger73

heck, he should have been fired at halftime for that game even being that close. I remember being at barton that night for the barton vs. ha game. and the news got down there that quickly. they were announcing it over the pa and everything.

big E

Trust me jb if the board had their way I dont think he would be head coach but the sup doesnt seem to want to do anything and it has to come from him

jbtiger73

I even heard rumors about farmer coming back. But he confirmed at regionals that he would be staying at England. Apparently some of the parents at England don't like him either. Maybe just a rumor tho.

big E

Farmer is goin to always have some parents that dont like him he does things thats a little differnt but he wins not many coaches can start fall drills with 9 kids and  make it to the second round of the playoffs.

big E

Oh yeah I got off subject the pw situation , the people that have talked to me and there has been a bunch have all said that they would like to see Sims promoted to head football but like I said not my call im stayin away from it me and my five year old are goin to watch the games no matter who the coach is.

Lions84

jbtiger73

yea. he does have some odd ways. but he gets it done. and they were dead and buried by everyone, until the season starts. I don't think it was the kids that had a problem with him in my opinion. just think we have some soft parents. that don't like when someone yells at their kid.

keohog

Quote from: jbtiger73 on March 26, 2014, 01:35:05 pm
yea. he does have some odd ways. but he gets it done. and they were dead and buried by everyone, until the season starts. I don't think it was the kids that had a problem with him in my opinion. just think we have some soft parents. that don't like when someone yells at their kid.
Are you still talking about England?

big E

Hey hog how you been missed you at the baseball game the other day.

keohog

Been doing good big E , I had to work , that 4:30 start time makes it hard. I knew my son wasn't going to play because he had been sick so I saved that gas money. I heard it was a good game. 

big E

Lions84

ISU7

Quote from: MarionBlueDevil on March 24, 2014, 01:52:42 pm
Earle isnt afraid to play anyone no matter the classification. Go Luck in 2A doggs. I think yall get the Crest in week two, It will be weird playing Earle in a non-conference game, but you can bet the game will still be fierce...

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: ISU7 on April 09, 2014, 08:03:58 am
Quote from: MarionBlueDevil on March 24, 2014, 01:52:42 pm
Earle isnt afraid to play anyone no matter the classification. Go Luck in 2A doggs. I think yall get the Crest in week two, It will be weird playing Earle in a non-conference game, but you can bet the game will still be fierce...

This is true. It'll be at the Cotton Patch as well.

Last year's game was pretty good. Hope the same for this year, except with the Dogs pulling it out.

Lions84

Can't wait to see how we stack up against Brookland.

jbtiger73

Im ready to see that as well. It's gonna be tough tho 84.

Burpsnart

Quote from: MomaLion on March 20, 2014, 06:35:48 am

Brookland vs Clarendon?? Come on, man. Who called in favors for that one?

MomaLion

Quote from: Burpsnart on April 10, 2014, 02:29:05 pm
Quote from: MomaLion on March 20, 2014, 06:35:48 am

Brookland vs Clarendon?? Come on, man. Who called in favors for that one?
Coach Thrash believes in playing the harder teams when he can and I'm sure he had some contacts. It'll probably be brutal to watch BUT will benefit them in the long run as the program is rebuilt. I trust that he knows what he is doing  :)

Lions84

Coach Thrash is rebuilding a Program that was pretty solid through most of the 1980's  The 90's were up n down and by 2000 We were up when Hart Left and have never recovered.

jbtiger73

Actually from what he told me at the regional basketball tourney, they were scheduled to play DeWitt in week 1. DeWitt ended up changing it so one of the Hooten boys called him and asked if they wanted to play Brookland at UAPB. That's how that all came about. And that's straight from his mouth.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: jbtiger73 on April 10, 2014, 09:58:35 pm
Actually from what he told me at the regional basketball tourney, they were scheduled to play DeWitt in week 1. DeWitt ended up changing it so one of the Hooten boys called him and asked if they wanted to play Brookland at UAPB. That's how that all came about. And that's straight from his mouth.

Didn't Thrash graduate, or maybe coach at Pulaski Academy before going to Clarendon? Could that might have had something to do with Hooten's offering them the spot?

BigLion10

Thrash graduated from pa was a all state QB there where he threw 77 tds his Sr year

MomaLion

Yes, he graduated there and holds several state and national records.  Apparently he was quite the athlete. I'm sure he does have contacts.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas