• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mineral Springs @ EPC. Rd 1

Started by Donnie Jamon, November 09, 2013, 01:28:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnie Jamon

Mineral likes the spread n looks to have some athletes. Langston was solid last year n is prob faster. They are getting better n hear look good the last two games.  EPC better come to play n not over look them. Shaping up to be a good game n possibly a high scoring matchup

tacklethis...

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on November 09, 2013, 01:28:02 am
Mineral likes the spread n looks to have some athletes. Langston was solid last year n is prob faster. They are getting better n hear look good the last two games.  EPC better come to play n not over look them. Shaping up to be a good game n possibly a high scoring matchup

Other than Gurdon this was our hardest conference test. This game was alot close than the score. I can't figure why this team lost so many games. They have low numbers and got tired towards the end. Watch them they are quick!

Reflexn

EPC plays just above the competition in the first half and, after a locker room heck raising, they open a big can smash mouth football. They have been that way ever since Weathers took over.  They play hard for him. Looking forward to extending the winning streak.

bdubyab60

I hear the QB can play. Should be a good game. Safe travels to MS. Lets keep rolling Warriors.

Donnie Jamon

Def don't see how they are a 5 seed..  The offense mimic's (sp) Oregon's..

Jaybo

MS had a down year but are coming around. They will play hard. Safe travels to the guys from south Howard.

godgiven999

MS has a couple of speed guys that can burn a Defense but I see EPC big or I would hope, don't Let the 2a-7 #5th seed beat y'all #1 seed.

The_Devil_Himself

Mineral is hard to figure. Play their butts of against Dierks and Gurdon, then turn around and lose one or two they should win. How do you lose to Foreman and Murfreesboro and then beat Spring Hill? Losing to a much improved Fouke team opening week may have damaged their confidence early. Depends on how Mineral rides the bus, how seriously, they take their opponent, and whether or not they are ready for basketball season.
Either way, I'm gonna have to laugh if Mineral gives them a game after the way some of the EPC faithful have been running their heads about Gurdon.

bdubyab60

Haven't been running our heads about Gurdon. Just about their cocky fans. Don't think I've said one bad word about gurdon football. Think I said one time that we would whoop gurdon and that's it. You guys are the ones that said you couldn't be beat.
Now as for MS I think we will handle business. But I will wait til after we win to brag or boast. We have to come out just like Gurdon does and play to our potential. Nothing wrong with giving the opponent a little respect before a game and that's all we are doing.

Unlike you Gurdon fans

Donnie Jamon

A win is a win..  I'll take a 1 pt win any day in the playoffs..  But I would love to be up 20 at the half. 

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 09, 2013, 11:11:24 am
Haven't been running our heads about Gurdon. Just about their cocky fans. Don't think I've said one bad word about gurdon football. Think I said one time that we would whoop gurdon and that's it. You guys are the ones that said you couldn't be beat.
Now as for MS I think we will handle business. But I will wait til after we win to brag or boast. We have to come out just like Gurdon does and play to our potential. Nothing wrong with giving the opponent a little respect before a game and that's all we are doing.

Unlike you Gurdon fans

Never said Gurdon was unbeatable. I said one team in 2A stands a snowball's chance the way Gurdon is playing right now. Gurdon plays that team round 2.

the_whitester_21

Very good team in Mineral Springs just don't think they matchup with the Warriors. Epc wins 42-20

Blue

I advise all Mineral fans to go early, Lepanto has one lil bar on main street you will find very accommodating. We stopped by and talked football with the locals over some cold beer the year we went up to face EPC.

bdubyab60

tellitlikeitis

Mineral could surprise EPC if they aren't on their A game....But I see EPC winning this one....

Donnie Jamon

Do not wear green in Mikes Place. My uncle will body slam you thru a pool table n that's no lie.

bdubyab60

Take em out to the little river and let em float down. Wear home colors fellas

Cheek

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on November 10, 2013, 12:46:49 am
Do not wear green in Mikes Place. My uncle will body slam you thru a pool table n that's no lie.
[/qu

So this Mike is a big fellow.

Donnie Jamon

No it was a joke. Friendly place.

Blue

Mike's is a very friendly place, they bought us a round on the house before we left, unique little place I liked it. I honestly doubt Mineral will have over 10 fans there, they brought about 15-20 to Dierks this year

HORNET-MAN

Quote from: Blue on November 10, 2013, 12:29:19 pm
Mike's is a very friendly place, they bought us a round on the house before we left, unique little place I liked it. I honestly doubt Mineral will have over 10 fans there, they brought about 15-20 to Dierks this year
Taking 2 buses for the (fans) both buses already full 36 on each so thats 72.

Elvis

Don't know much about Mineral Springs, but usually all teams from the south part of the state are pretty dang good even if you are a # 4 seed. EPC should win, but I don't know if they want to see Hazen a 2nd time. Never good to play someone that you have already beaten. Look for all the teams in the 2 3A conference to exit out of Friday night, and EPC might survive Hazen again, and if they do the Friday after Thanksgiving will be all for this conference. Good luck to all hope you make me eat my words.

Blue

Quote from: HORNET-MAN on November 10, 2013, 12:50:03 pm

Thats more than they usually have at a home game then. Good job Hornet fans you should show that kind of support for every game.

HORNET-MAN

November 10, 2013, 02:39:06 pm #23 Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 02:51:49 pm by HORNET-MAN
Quote from: Blue on November 10, 2013, 02:21:15 pm

Thats more than they usually have at a home game then. Good job Hornet fans you should show that kind of support for every game.
When Mineral is winning we pack the stands..when your losing the stands get thin which is sad got the support the kids win or lose..... 

highstrung

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on November 10, 2013, 12:46:49 am
how about black & orange.

The_Devil_Himself

I somehow can picture in my mindseye two Mineral Springs school buses parked in front of this bar.

Blue

Quote from: The_Devil_Himself on November 10, 2013, 03:55:31 pm

I somehow can picture in my mindseye two Mineral Springs school buses parked in front of this bar.

lol I didn't know they were just taking 2 vehicles when I suggested Mike's, The ones who didn't need a drink after riding the school bus across the state can eat across the street, nice little restaurant I believe Mike's wife owns it

Panther85

Is Maters & Taters still open on Main Street in Lepanto?

gmac

Mineral will smack you in the mouth, then its up to you to do or don't

Ball Hawk

I like #1,#2,#5, and #52. Those cats can play.

bdubyab60

#1 brother just cam back form injury in the Salem game. Against MT 4 carries 74 yards, 2 TD's and about a dozen tackles. Didnt throw the ball much in that game didnt have to but we have a good core of receivers as well.

Ball Hawk

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 11, 2013, 09:33:07 am
#1 brother just cam back form injury in the Salem game. Against MT 4 carries 74 yards, 2 TD's and about a dozen tackles. Didnt throw the ball much in that game didnt have to but we have a good core of receivers as well.

They don't play the ball well but whatever you want to say.

#1 is a STUD. I can see why EPC is undefeated.

Ball Hawk

I should rephrase that, they didn't play the ball well in the games I saw. I didn't see every game so you have a better idea than me.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Ball Hawk on November 11, 2013, 09:38:32 am
Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 11, 2013, 09:33:07 am

They don't play the ball well but whatever you want to say.

#1 is a STUD. I can see why EPC is undefeated.
No we didnt play the ball well at all that night. Should have set a state record for picks on that game. LOL. Got to turn and find the ball and we usually do that.

Donnie Jamon

#52 most dierks fans will know..  Some came on here and said he was a better linebacker than AJ Turner..  He has since moved to DE and he likes to hit pretty hard..  We have a good team..  Our fans have a right to be excited this year

bdubyab60

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on November 11, 2013, 11:03:14 am
#52 most dierks fans will know..  Some came on here and said he was a better linebacker than AJ Turner..  He has since moved to DE and he likes to hit pretty hard..  We have a good team..  Our fans have a right to be excited this year
Like most fans we are proud of our boys. I will continue to support them even after my boy graduates next year. Nothing better than friday night football and then we get going in basketball.

Blue

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on November 11, 2013, 11:03:14 am

I remember him, he was a sophomore when we played EPC and I thought was the best soph I had ever seen in 2A on defense.

Donnie Jamon

We have 6 or 7 starters on defense when we played Dierks that are are Either jr's or seniors now..  The qb was a 9th grader and started at Safety.. 

COACH-Mike

Been studying up on the players from EPC and it appears the QB is NotQuiteHuman,#18 is Moss like,#1 likes the razorbacks and his girlfriend got him tickets to a game,#5 is a Yes Man, # 8 likes things too live and #11 likes some zebra cakes.  And they can play some football too.  It pays to study your opposition if you want to know what makes them tick.  Man I got 3 more days till friday and yes we will know all the details.

bdubyab60

Study, study youll need to, to pass this test. Didn't know about the zebra cakes. lol. Im the guys have been watching plenty of film.

jomo

Quote from: Blue on November 10, 2013, 07:19:03 pm

lol I didn't know they were just taking 2 vehicles when I suggested Mike's, The ones who didn't need a drink after riding the school bus across the state can eat across the street, nice little restaurant I believe Mike's wife owns it
There is also rack me up  pizza and such behind sonic, Mexican on main, Poppys on main BBQ and unique sandwiches in there.

COACH-Mike

I have seen alot of simple things that make me believe that Mineral has a real chance in this match up.  And thanks Carlise coaches for the game plan you shared with us.

Donnie Jamon

Everyone has a chance before the coin flip.  You guys should give us some fits. Just hope y'all blitz every play like what I have been seeing

Bearden_Bear72

EPC's defense against MS's offense.  Gonna clash HARD. but EPC will take it if can play smart and calm.  Mistakes loses games

COACH-Mike

BLITZ, BLITZ and MORE BLITZ!!!!  Coming to a place near you real soon or sudden! Which films have you guys watched?  When you got speed sick'em and if they get by you run 'em down.  Big plays are made both ways no doubt but in a fight have a plan or come out swinging like no tomorrow.

whoknows

COACH-Mike

bdubyab60

Quote from: jomo on November 11, 2013, 10:49:29 pm
Quote from: Blue on November 10, 2013, 07:19:03 pm

There is also rack me up  pizza and such behind sonic, Mexican on main, Poppys on main BBQ and unique sandwiches in there.
at Poppys I recommend the Reuben, Cuban or the Poppy burger can't go wrong with either. If you finish the poppy you've done some work.

bdubyab60

Quote from: COACH-Mike on November 12, 2013, 12:13:13 am
I have seen alot of simple things that make me believe that Mineral has a real chance in this match up.  And thanks Carlise coaches for the game plan you shared with us.
Unfortunately Ricks and Weddle will be playing for Carlisle Friday night and not in lepanto. Which was Carlisles game plan. That and they played good defense. Not very complex but effective. Also only so many yards you can run guys down before they score.

HORNET-MAN

Ready for Friday Night if MS play like they have the past few games this will be a good game.With a young team who Knows.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas