• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dixon

Started by rattlerfan24, October 01, 2011, 11:27:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bleudog

TD for KD. 

Tech 28-7 over Rice with 9:15 left in the 2nd.

bleudog

TD for KD.

Tech 35-14 over Rice with 2:55 left in the half.

bleudog

TD for KD.

Tech 49-23 over Rice with 13:45 left in the game.

bleudog

September 15, 2012, 11:54:59 pm #53 Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 09:56:17 am by bleudog
KD's rushing stats from Tech's 56-37 win over Rice:

No.   Gain  Loss    Net   TD   Lg   Avg.
Dixon, Kenneth     14     113     0     113    3    17    8.1

ESPN3 game replay link (should be available for 7 days):  http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index#type/replay/sport/football/

bleudog

ESPN highlight video from Tech-Rice game:  CLICK HERE

bleudog

September 22, 2012, 07:53:06 pm #55 Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 10:19:18 pm by bleudog
TD for KD

Tech with a 21-7 lead after one over Illinois.

Correction:  This TD was Tevin King's.  The radio crew misidentified #26 as #28.

bleudog

Game photo of the Tech-Illinois game that ran in the EDNT:  CLICK HERE

bleudog

The running back KD has been splitting time with, Tevin King, is out for the season with an ACL injury.

CLICK HERE

bleudog

KD was the Bulldogs' leading rusher in Tech's 44-38 win at Virginia.

simply stated

Quote from: bleudog on September 29, 2012, 09:09:02 pm
last time I looked it was middle of 3rd qtr and he had 12 attempts and was averaging 6.3 yrds per carry (didn't do the math and going by memory) I would say he was right at the century mark if not over by the end of the game.

QuartzCachers

Lovin' this thread. Impressed, but not surprised by this young man.

bleudog

September 30, 2012, 09:56:45 am #61 Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 08:47:07 am by bleudog
Quote from: simply stated on September 30, 2012, 09:34:19 am
Quote from: bleudog on September 29, 2012, 09:09:02 pm
last time I looked it was middle of 3rd qtr and he had 12 attempts and was averaging 6.3 yrds per carry (didn't do the math and going by memory) I would say he was right at the century mark if not over by the end of the game.

Didn't get to 100, but that 33 yarder sure came at the right time.

RUSHING              No.       Gain      Loss     Net     TD       Lg      Avg.

Dixon,Kenneth       16          82          4       78       0        33     4.9
Holley,Ray             14          72          3       69       2        16     4.9

Dixon was ruled on the field to have scored a touchdown but, "after further review," the call was reversed and the ball placed on the one half yard line. >:(

One thing about Dykes' and Franklin's system at Tech, it's a one primary back system where two players rotate.  Just like with King (the back who was injured), KD and Holley were rarely in the game at the same time.

Love what they call the Big Bone formation.  Basically a pistol but there are two huge guys lined up in the guard/tackle slots about a yard behind the O-line.  One is a #99. :o

Tech is 4-0 with road wins over Houston, Illinois and Virginia along with a home win over Rice.  KD is a contributing member of an offense that has scored 56, 56, 52 and 44 points in those 4 games.  They'll be back in Ruston this Saturday for their first conference game against UNLV.

simply stated

If Tech can manage to keep the big schools (ARK) from casting lures at their coach can only belief the next 3 or 4 years will be great times in Ruston.

DogsWin7

I didn't realize how truly talented this young man is until reading the stat's since bleu has started posting them.

I imagine he is something to behold on the football field, and would imagine with continued numbers like these, and hopefully being exempt from injury he could very well possibly be on TV on Monday nights one day.

Wish him all the success he can get.  +1 bleu as always with the stats! :)

bleudog

October 03, 2012, 07:28:09 pm #64 Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 07:49:27 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Lions84 on August 26, 2012, 07:20:10 pm
UA miss a good one due to their 2A bais that had bit them over the years. My HS in TX sent a kicker to LATECH and I hope Dixion keeps him busy kicking PATS!

Here's a blog by that kicker's dad you might get a kick out of:

http://collegefootballdad.blogspot.com/

bleudog

TD for KD. 

Tech 27-7 over UNLV with 8:25 left in the second. 

bleudog

TD for KD.

Tech 34-24 over UNLV with 10:42 left in the third.

bleudog

TD for KD.

Tech 44-24 over UNLV with 4:39 left in the third.

bleudog

TD for KD.

Tech 51-24 over UNLV with 12:07 left in the game. 

bleudog

October 06, 2012, 11:48:52 pm #69 Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 09:26:09 am by bleudog
RUSHING (vs UNLV)

No.    Gain    Loss   Net   TD    Lg   Avg.
Holley,Ray          22      140      1     139    1     17    6.3
Dixon,Kenneth    16      106      4     102    4     15    6.4

About 10 months ago, Junction City and Carlisle coaches were looking at video of Kenneth Dixon to figure out how to stop him.  This week, Texas A & M coaches will be doing the same thing.  ;D

CLICK HERE

WMSbound

he also had a reception for 10 yards. Now la tech plays a much better team this Saturday.

bleudog

October 07, 2012, 10:10:08 am #71 Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 11:21:23 am by bleudog
Quote from: WMSbound on October 07, 2012, 07:35:21 am
he also had a reception for 10 yards. Now la tech plays a much better team this Saturday.

The game replay is on ESPN3.

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index/_/channel/espn3#type/replay/

Didn't result in big yardage, but take a look at the downfield block KD throw at the 9:31 mark of the second quarter.

No doubt TAMU will be the marquis game of the season so far for the Bulldogs.  I haven't seen much on the Aggie-Ole Miss game, but from the score it sounds like the Aggies aren't 10 feet tall and bullet proof.  Maziel (spl?) is certainly a wildcard though.  Maybe with KD's help, Tech can win a shootout in Shreveport.

AP Poll has the Aggies at #22 with Dixon and the Dawgs at #23.

Geaux Dawgs!

knightpride

As an Alumni of LA Tech-Glad this young man choose to play there!  Ar/LSU/Ole Miss recruited but missed out.  Very impressive performace against UNLV! Hope to see him play well against A&M.  LA Tech had very good year last year and a few rumors were out that Coach Dykes was a possible target recruit for UofA job.  That would be interesting!     

MburgDragons32

Wow, really impressive season he's having as a true freshman.  I'm also starting to warm up to Dykes as a coach and wouldn't be too upset with him being the next Arkansas coach as a plan C or D. 

But back to Dixon...wow.  I mean he's doing some of this against schools from "BCS" conferences, too.  Granted they're pretty weak BCS conference schools, but still.  The U of A may have missed on a player here.  I wasn't sure on him even after I saw what he did to us in the state playoffs but I knew he was a D1 caliber back. Just didn't know if it was SEC/Big 12/Pac-12, etc. caliber, or C-USA/Sun Belt/MAC, etc. caliber back.  Impressive stuff so far, though.  Hope he keeps it up and LA Tech continues to have a successful season.  Their game against A&M this weekend is an intriguing one. 

WMSbound

Yeah it will be airing on EspnU I believe at 6pm. La Tech can't seem to stop anybody and that is going to fall into the hands of Jonny Football and the Aggies. A&M has the 15th ranked scoring defense in the country. Let's see what Tech can do against a good D. It would be awesome if Dixon could put together a 100 yard game against them. Arkansas' coaches and administrators would be just shakin their heads more than they already are if he could do that.

bleudog

Quote from: WMSbound on October 08, 2012, 06:02:46 pm
Yeah it will be airing on EspnU I believe at 6pm. La Tech can't seem to stop anybody and that is going to fall into the hands of Jonny Football and the Aggies. A&M has the 15th ranked scoring defense in the country. Let's see what Tech can do against a good D. It would be awesome if Dixon could put together a 100 yard game against them. Arkansas' coaches and administrators would be just shakin their heads more than they already are if he could do that.

8:15 kickoff

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index/_/channel/espn3#type/upcoming/sport/football/startDate/20121013/

bleudog

October 08, 2012, 07:32:23 pm #76 Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 07:40:41 pm by bleudog
"Louisiana Tech running back Kenneth Dixon was named the Offensive Player of the Week by both the Western Athletic Conference and the Louisiana Sports Writers Association on Monday."

http://www.latechsports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/100812aag.html

bleudog

TD for KD

Bad news is Tech is down 39-16 to TAMU at the half

Bearden_Bear72

I been watching game whole time, and when I change it He scores......Just my luck was it run or catch?

bleudog

Bearden_Bear72

LA Tech sure can recruit thou for a small program, Standing better then Arkansas did.  But they did beat Arkansas so I would say their Great for a smaller program

godgiven999

Quote from: Bearden_Bear72 on October 13, 2012, 10:58:35 pm
LA Tech sure can recruit thou for a small program, Standing better then Arkansas did.  But they did beat Arkansas so I would say their Great for a smaller program
LA Monroe was the team that beat Arkansas

Bearden_Bear72

Oh dang,  I done made a similar mistake today.  I gotta start checking before I type.  Thank you godgiven

bleudog

TD for KD on a helluva run.

TAMU. 46
Tech. 38

12:29 left in the game.

Bearden_Bear72

You beat me to this post lol.  Wow Arkansas missed out on him.  it was bout 30 yds wasn't it?

godgiven999

He looks good 2 TD's and over 100 yds rushing. This game is about to get intresting. A&M is in trouble.

AB™

Heck of a game by Dixon.  Heck of a comeback by LTU.  They were down 27-0.  Dixon has 111 yards on 18 carries (6.2 ypc) and 2 TD.

LTU down 46-44 now after the failed 2-pt conversion after a pick-six.

godgiven999

I'm loving it. I moved to College station 3 months ago and A&M is all Ive heard about. I hope KD takes them down. ;D

Bearden_Bear72

October 14, 2012, 12:04:59 am #88 Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 12:07:45 am by Bearden_Bear72
Heck Yeah

bleudog

October 14, 2012, 12:37:39 am #89 Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 10:30:33 am by bleudog
And the ruling on the field stands on the onside kick. It's still a game!

Bearden_Bear72

Great Game!! Came down to a 2 pt conversion

AB™

Thought LTU got hosed on what looked like a fumble but the side-judge ruled the A&M running back down at the one yard line.

From down 27-0 and 46-23 to dang near winning.  Arkansas really missed out on Dixon and I hope we at least consider going after Dykes to be the next HC.

bigworm

no doubt LA Tech got hosed in that one. some of the first half penalties on 3rd down plays were rediculous. Dixon is a bad man. i loved the 22 yard TD with his chin strap over his eyes. B E A S T!!!

ISU7

Well they can continue  becuase Dixon went over 100yds rushing and Latech only lost on a missed 2pt conversion 59-57 great job KD.

bdubyab60

If Dixon keeps on like this. Hes gonna be making a lot of money in a couple of years.

bleudog

Manziel is the real deal, but I believe you can make that TAMU 'had' the 15th rank scoring defense in the country.

http://www.latechsports.com/sports/m-footbl/stats/2012-2013/latech6.html

Tough loss but Dixon and those Bulldogs have the hearts of champions.

bleudog

October 14, 2012, 11:31:05 am #96 Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 09:33:31 pm by bleudog
KD at the press conference after scoring 4 TDs in the UNLV game: 

KD thread on the Tech board with pics from the TAMU game:  http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showthread.php?112757-Some-Dixon-Pix

bleudog

October 15, 2012, 08:14:23 pm #97 Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 08:35:16 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Bearden_Bear72 on October 13, 2012, 11:55:31 pm
You beat me to this post lol.  Wow Arkansas missed out on him.  it was bout 30 yds wasn't it?

From Dykes' post game press conference:

On Dixon adjusting his helmet on the touchdown run:

"Yeah, I have not seen that before. I have some buddies that coach at West Virginia and they watched our game Saturday night and they were really impressed with that run."

"The guy gets his helmet pulled off and his head almost turned around backward and breaks a tackles and is fixing his helmet as he is making guys miss and running over people."

"He is kind of one of those freshman now that kind of goes and that is what I like about him. He does not really know that you are not supposed to put your helmet back on when you are running for a touchdown. We are certainly not going to tell him any differently."

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:8503320

godgiven999

KD has 5 rushing TD's in the first half against Idaho. Just broke LT record. He now leads the nation in rushing TD's. Arky missed this kid

AB™

QuoteESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo
La Tech leads Idaho 56-21 at half. RB Kenneth Dixon 3rd player in 2012 with 5 rush TD in a game and he did it all before halftime

So cool seeing that pop up in my Twitter feed.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas