• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Farewell 2016 Season

Started by BasketballNeverStops, March 13, 2016, 02:57:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BasketballNeverStops

Just like that, another season has come and gone. Congrats to the Bay Yellowjackets on their 4th title in 6 years and the Nemo Vista Lady Red Hawks on clinching their 3rd straight title! I was listening to 103.7 and as much emphasis they seem to put on the bigger classifications at times, they did show appreciation for the smaller schools, saying that to some schools that basketball means so much to those small towns and communites and it really brings them together. They definitely hit the nail straight on with that statement. There's nothing like a packed house on any given night in 1A basketball. Growing up in a small town, I quickly realized and appreciated that, but even if I was from North Little Rock or Cabot I believe I still would appreciate it. Looking forward to another great season in 2017!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BasketballNeverStops on March 13, 2016, 02:57:00 pm
Just like that, another season has come and gone. Congrats to the Bay Yellowjackets on their 4th title in 6 years and the Nemo Vista Lady Red Hawks on clinching their 3rd straight title! I was listening to 103.7 and as much emphasis they seem to put on the bigger classifications at times, they did show appreciation for the smaller schools, saying that to some schools that basketball means so much to those small towns and communites and it really brings them together. They definitely hit the nail straight on with that statement. There's nothing like a packed house on any given night in 1A basketball. Growing up in a small town, I quickly realized and appreciated that, but even if I was from North Little Rock or Cabot I believe I still would appreciate it. Looking forward to another great season in 2017!

The whole community showing up and getting rowdy is why I quit going to Hector games, and started going to 1a games...

Oldref

So what is the final top ten in 1A boys? Was not in the Demazet this morning. Max preps is really useless for rankings in my opinion.

Here is my guess.

1. Bay
2, Emerson
3. Guy
4. County Line
5. Nevada
6. Kirby
7. ICC
8. Norfork
9, Western Grove
10. Jasper

BasketballNeverStops

Quote from: Oldref on March 13, 2016, 08:33:39 pm
So what is the final top ten in 1A boys? Was not in the Demazet this morning. Max preps is really useless for rankings in my opinion.

Here is my guess.

1. Bay
2, Emerson
3. Guy
4. County Line
5. Nevada
6. Kirby
7. ICC
8. Norfork
9, Western Grove
10. Jasper
I'd say that's pretty fair.

PuddlePirate12

Yeah. Maybe Kirby ahead of Nevada. They beat them in regionals

Oldref

MaxPreps finally got around to updating their final rankings.....for what it is worth here is how they ranked everyone.

1. Bay
2. Emerson
3. Guy-Perkins
4. County Line
5. ICC
6. Nevada
7. Shirley
8. Kirby
9. Norfork
10. Calico Rock

In the overall rankings Bay was #20, Emerson #23 and Guy was #26.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas