• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

JD's report on the state tournament @ ICC.

Started by J.D., March 02, 2016, 12:40:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

J.D.

The cheese fries are phenomenal. 

....and that concludes JD'S report of the state tournament! (What? You wanted something more?)

J.D.

OB11

Quote from: J.D. on March 02, 2016, 12:40:33 pm
The cheese fries are phenomenal. 

....and that concludes JD'S report of the state tournament! (What? You wanted something more?)

Does anything else really matter??

audiogirl

J.D.

J.D.

bluegrassboy75

Quote from: J.D. on March 02, 2016, 12:49:14 pm
Cheese fries > BBQ nachos.  C'mon now!

What about BBQ on Fries covered with cheese?

J.D.

Quote from: bluegrassboy75 on March 02, 2016, 12:55:50 pm
What about BBQ on Fries covered with cheese?

I'm a cheese only guy, but hey, whatever floats your boat!

Batman44

So, J D, my question is, are you actually at the game, or just reporting and answering questions?

J.D.

Quote from: Batman44 on March 02, 2016, 01:33:26 pm
So, J D, my question is, are you actually at the game, or just reporting and answering questions?

I was there for most of the day yesterday.  I can't make it today unfortunately. 

I'm aiming to get up there tomorrow and Saturday. Hopeful for Friday, however, we shall see

HorseFeathers

Wth....j.d said something nice about icc and bay in the same week?

J.D.

Quote from: HF on March 02, 2016, 02:07:12 pm
Wth....j.d said something nice about icc and bay in the same week?

ICC won my heart with the cheese fries. I'm a fan.  (On a basketball related note, it's nice to see a couple of girls on the team who can help Cooper carry the load.)

Speaking of Bay, hats off to #20 on the Boy's team.  The kid played extremely well last night.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: J.D. on March 02, 2016, 02:15:36 pm
ICC won my heart with the cheese fries. I'm a fan.  (On a basketball related note, it's nice to see a couple of girls on the team who can help Cooper carry the load.)

Speaking of Bay, hats off to #20 on the Boy's team.  The kid played extremely well last night.

Omg...just stop lol

On a side note....cheese fries and bbq nachos sound like a good dinner for Friday night..

One more thing....j.d, whats your thoughts on the antics of guy-perkins?

Batman44

It seems to me that Bay has transferred some of the hate for them over to G-P. I'm in a state of confusion. Just can't tell where the answer lies.

PuddlePirate12

These cheeseburgers are good as well. Heard lots of compliments about the cheese on the nachos and fries. Only complaint on concessions is its $2 for a 16.9 oz drink and at most places it's $2 for a 20 oz lol

deep purple

Quote from: HF on March 02, 2016, 02:18:59 pm
Omg...just stop lol

On a side note....cheese fries and bbq nachos sound like a good dinner for Friday night..

HF stirring the pot again.

J.D.

March 02, 2016, 03:29:17 pm #16 Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 05:12:27 pm by J.D.
Quote from: HF on March 02, 2016, 02:18:59 pm
Omg...just stop lol

Well, people obviously seem to be salty as heck about it. 

First and foremost, these are high school kids we are talking about. Kids are 'acting out' and doing these things because they see what their idols (and what these kids consider role models) do and the fact that this kind of behavior is condoned by parents/coach or any other individual that might present themselves as an authority figure. 

This 'behavior' is what fuels this Guy-Perkins team and it's kids.  The players seem to have a blast out on the court and the parents are loving it. So if you're a Guy-Perkins fan/parent, what more could you want? Your team is highly successful and the kids are having the time of their lives.

However, I think this kind of thing is striking a nerve with people because most people, myself included, have been brought up in a way in which this sort of stuff is not tolerated so therefore most people don't want to see the game of basketball tainted with excessive celebrations an 'show-offs.'   

I, personally, will always want to see the game played with class and dignity, and of course I like players that handle themselves in a professional manner.

I think as adults though, people have to understand that it's not their place in the world to determine what's right or wrong for other people's kids and how they act.  It is obvious that the parents of Guy-Perkins are completely ok with this behavior so what we think/believe doesn't really matter

Coaches can indeed have a ton of influence and impact on kids. However, even coaches would struggle changing the attitudes of teens when the community supports the teens over the coach.  Most of the time, I would think the community would back coaches 100% but that's not always the case. 

Opinions on this topic will change depending on who you ask, and that is perfectly ok.  As time goes on, I think we will see an upward trend of teams like Guy-Perkins, and we might as well get used to it. Until the rules change on the matter, there is not just a whole lot that can be done. Getting on a forum and discussing the matter in the way that has been done so far is not going to get us very far. 

audiogirl

Antics or not, Guy's student section is full of organized spirit.  Good for them, because too many HS kids are too cool to cheer nowadays.

What bothers me is that somewhere along the way, Guy has morphed from a really strong program into a machine.  Not sure where the line is, but it seems as though they have crossed it. 

HorseFeathers

BannerMountainMan

Central Ark

Hey JD. How's the popcorn? Mac &a cheese? Bet you ate a great juicy steak too.

HorseFeathers

PuddlePirate12

Norfork up 45-38 4:30 in 4th. This Lewis kid can play

J.D.

Quote from: Central Ark on March 02, 2016, 06:24:15 pm
Hey JD. How's the popcorn? Mac &a cheese? Bet you ate a great juicy steak too.

if they had Mac an Cheese in the concession, I would move to Brockwell. 

Silky Johnson

Basketball4life10

J.D.

Central Ark

J.D.

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: Basketball4life10 on March 02, 2016, 06:42:30 pm
How many points does Lewis have

16 but I'm more impressed with his vision and ball handling. He's prolly got 15 asisists

Silky Johnson

Puddle if you can post the final you'll be getting a clap haha

Thechosen1

He's a good player. Gained some weight since last year but still could be trouble when he gets hot.

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: Silky Johnson on March 02, 2016, 06:49:02 pm
Puddle if you can post the final you'll be getting a clap haha

I left before it was over lol

Silky Johnson

Haha it's all good I found it. You still get a clap lol

playhard

I think the class &  sportsmanship that most teams show is what most people love about Class A ball. When you have teams showboat like Guy does it comes off as disrespectful, & most fans don't like it.

HorseFeathers

Bet none of yall like steph curry either....

J.D.

Quote from: HF on March 03, 2016, 09:03:12 am
Bet none of yall like steph curry either....

Anyways, whats on tap today?

Any reason to drive up?

Moonshiner

I'll state my opinion and leave it alone.  I think a high school coach is supposed to be concerned with more than just winning.  Most of them have morals that make sure they follow the rules set down by the AAA.  Some very good coaches will probably never win a state title because of that.  High School coaches are supposed to mold young men into better young adults.  Set the example by not cheating.  Set the example on how a man is supposed to act.  On and off the court. I've not seen Guy play yet, so I'm not sure what's going on.  But it sounds like possibly people are tired of a known cheater letting his kids act less than sportsmanlike.
Just my opinion.  Doesn't mean it's right.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Moonshiner on March 03, 2016, 09:10:29 am
I'll state my opinion and leave it alone.  I think a high school coach is supposed to be concerned with more than just winning.  Most of them have morals that make sure they follow the rules set down by the AAA.  Some very good coaches will probably never win a state title because of that.  High School coaches are supposed to mold young men into better young adults.  Set the example by not cheating.  Set the example on how a man is supposed to act.  On and off the court. I've not seen Guy play yet, so I'm not sure what's going on.  But it sounds like possibly people are tired of a known cheater letting his kids act less than sportsmanlike.
Just my opinion.  Doesn't mean it's right.

I'm more concerned about the parents/fans in the crowd belittling the refs/coaches/players, than a kid shaking his head, or high fiving after made shots....

...and that's my two cents

Moonshiner

StateChamps09

Why do you guys think hutch is a cheater? What makes you think he recruited? Cause I can really kill and lay down your hole theory in that right now?

PuddlePirate12

Idk if you would consider this cheating or just smart heads up coaching but the other day there was an intentional foul and the person who is intentionally fouled is suppose to shoot. That person started off at the line but hutchcraft put a better FT shooter at the line. He knows the rules after 30+ years I'm guessing. Half the fans around me considered it cheating half said it was good coaching to try to sneak that by the refs. I imagine most coach's would try to do that given the opportunity. As far as recruiting etc I can't speak on that. Unless they hired Ballards brother in law to some position lol

StateChamps09

Lol I caught the little throw in their. I talked to him about that acctually cause I played for him and it took me by surprise that he tried that and he said I quote "could have swore I watched one throw up the T... so I got Tim (pg) ready to shoot." It wasn't intentional(on his part) Lol because if it were he would have came straight out and told me that's what he was doing. Honest mistake. But as you said alot of coaches would try it too, so not to big of a deal to be honest. Smart coaching really or atleast the way I look at it.

HorseFeathers

Okay okay....let's give this a break until...let's day Saturday?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas