• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas Democrat-Gazette - Rankings Boys & Girls 2016

Started by NEArkie, January 11, 2016, 08:44:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportzman12

So I'm guessing the district championship loss Emerson gave Nevada made them drop  ???

PuddlePirate12

It shouldn't have. To me they're better than the county line Emerson beat earlier in the season. But county line is probably better than they were. Still think Nevada would win in a matchup between the two. I'd say
1. Guy
2. Emerson
3. Bay
4. Nevada
5. County Line
6. Kirby or ICC

PuddlePirate12

I'm not an expert on girls basketball but I spend a little time in 2a and 3a board and have seen comments on how tough 1a girls teams always are. How would 1a girls teams such as Nemo, Kirby, Bay etc. compare to 2a-7a. Seems like there wouldn't be as great of a difference between 1a and 7a girls as there would be boys. Obviously 7a has a bigger talent pool but there's some 1a girls this year and last that have/had D1 talent. Surely they could atleast compete with a higher class girls team?

Central Ark

Nemo beat Sylvan, Greenbrier, Benton, and Vilonia right?

Ice Water

Nemo and Kirby would still be top 3 teams in 2A and 3A. And they would be contenders in 4A, 5A, and a very down 6A this year.

WhatsUrRingSize

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on February 21, 2016, 03:02:47 pm
I'm not an expert on girls basketball but I spend a little time in 2a and 3a board and have seen comments on how tough 1a girls teams always are. How would 1a girls teams such as Nemo, Kirby, Bay etc. compare to 2a-7a. Seems like there wouldn't be as great of a difference between 1a and 7a girls as there would be boys. Obviously 7a has a bigger talent pool but there's some 1a girls this year and last that have/had D1 talent. Surely they could atleast compete with a higher class girls team?
1a girls Is loaded with good teams this yr. Bay has beat 5a Valley View by 25 and split 2-2 with 2a champ Marmaduke

Silky Johnson

Bay girls could've won the 2a,3a and maybe the 4a district in their area. I know they beat Pocahontas and they won the 4a-3.

no mascot

That could be taken 2 ways. Bay is really good this year, or the rest of the area is down...

WhatsUrRingSize

Quote from: no mascot on February 21, 2016, 05:02:49 pm
That could be taken 2 ways. Bay is really good this year, or the rest of the area is down...
Bay also went to a  Missouri  tournament and beat 3 quality teams.

RedWolf275

Quote from: no mascot on February 21, 2016, 05:02:49 pm

No doubt girls are down in NEA but Bay is very good.

no mascot

how much of an impact are the ninth graders at bay having after moving up from junior high?

Silky Johnson

I think 3 freshmen moved up and saw minutes in district. There are 2 that start and 1 is next off the bench.

Oldref

Bay has had three freshmen playing on Sr girls team all year. At least two start every game and sometimes all three start. There have been 4 more move up since Jr season is now over so now  they have 7 freshmen on Sr team. Jr team won conference and district without the three best freshmen since they have played on sr team all year. They have two sophomores, 1 junior and 1 senior plus the 7 freshmen on the team. The  4 new additions moving up will help with depth and are good players.

NEA Razorback olfan

Bay has Good young group!!!
Should make some noise at State!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas