• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Next year's state finals boys predictions

Started by no mascot, March 13, 2015, 09:42:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Silky Johnson

Heard Nix has asked about some jobs up north. Don't know that he's actually looking though there was also a rumor that Jefferson was trying to move for his senior season.

smackdat014

March 14, 2016, 12:43:09 pm #51 Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 12:46:04 pm by smackdat014
As a coach you ways look just to see what is available  but I seriously doubt Nix goes anywhere. I know him personally and he has had several offers and could have been gone (especially with what the admin pulled last year during the finals) but he stayed for the kids. It's about more then just ball for him.

As for Jefferson I am pretty sure it's just a rumor but you never know. It would probably be in his best interest to stay where he is though.

PuddlePirate12

It would be foolish for Jefferson to leave. Doesn't mean he won't but he's always wanted to play lead fiddle. Next year is his chance

PuddlePirate12

Coach Nix isn't going to go to a school where basketball is second best to football or something else. He dedicates a lot to his players and wants them to do the same. I know he's had offers from much larger schools but he likes Emerson

Thechosen1

By talking to him my bet is Nix won't be there next year. Don't know for sure just a guess

PuddlePirate12

Yeah that's my bet too. And I kind of hope he does leave. It'll suck for Emerson but I'm as much a fan of Nix as I am Emerson. He could make much more with a much better job and put up with much less administration crap else where. If I have kids I'll be school choicing them to where ever he is coaching lol

Silky Johnson

Whatever he choices best of luck to him. Obviously he didn't want to lose but I felt he was definitely upset for his kids on the team and not worried just about himself. Having lost a state title game I know it's a tough feeling, losing to the same team in the title game in back to back years is a tough pill to swallow but Emerson proved they belonged to be in Hot Springs. Had Bay lost I couldn't complain too much because it would've been to a very good team.

pioneers

I heard that cross county coach just took an elementary pe job at bay and is bringing his son and number 0 from cross county and also that they had a move in from nettleton so they will be loaded again next year.

Silky Johnson

Oldref

Quote from: pioneers on April 05, 2016, 11:06:48 am
I heard that cross county coach just took an elementary pe job at bay and is bringing his son and number 0 from cross county and also that they had a move in from nettleton so they will be loaded again next year.

This is a old rumor concerning the Cross County coach and not true. Besides he teaches math from what I understand. I did hear there is at least one student moving to Bay from Nettleton not sure what grade he is in.

pioneers

Quote from: Oldref on April 05, 2016, 01:55:23 pm
This is a old rumor concerning the Cross County coach and not true. Besides he teaches math from what I understand. I did hear there is at least one student moving to Bay from Nettleton not sure what grade he is in.
You sure it is not true? A bat fan told me this last Friday.

Oldref

Quote from: pioneers on April 05, 2016, 08:31:54 pm
You sure it is not true? A bat fan told me this last Friday.

Yes I am sure the coach from CC has not been  hired to coach PE at Bay. I do think he wants his son to play for coach Brannen but they would have to move into the district for that to happen. Have no idea if they will do that or not. Strictly rumors at this point.

AirWarren

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on March 14, 2016, 12:14:46 pm
Junior high was decent. Average at best really. They won't be state finals contenders prolly but they'll compete. Expect them to win 20-25 games next year with Jefferson returning. Emerson's coach is a Sparkman graduat. He drives 1.5 hours one way everyday to coach these boys. He's really dedicated his life to this team since he became the coach 5 years ago. A really good young coach. Hes good enough to coach much bigger schools but I think they've really enjoyed Emerson and don't want to leave

Looks like he left. Program name and more talent speaks sometimes. He is about to inherit a jr high team that went undefeated and will be led by Treylon Burks. The 9th grader that was offered by the hogs for football. He will have a gold mine of talent over the next 4 years.

Welcome to Warren, coach Nix.

Real deal

Quote from: AirWarren on April 13, 2016, 02:41:19 pm
Looks like he left. Program name and more talent speaks sometimes. He is about to inherit a jr high team that went undefeated and will be led by Treylon Burks. The 9th grader that was offered by the hogs for football. He will have a gold mine of talent over the next 4 years.

Welcome to Warren, coach Nix.

Congratulations to Warren!!  You just got a great young coach!!  Good luck Coach Nix!!

Backboard Shattered

BigLion10

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas