• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Congrats to Treylon Burks on being named USA Today AA

Started by prHOG13, December 29, 2017, 01:35:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

prHOG13

STUNNA

SUGARTOWN

Oldbadger

Thanks, Sugartown, looked as if Burkes was alone on the team.  Congrats to the whole team.

prHOG13

Guys, my link is an all American team

The link SUGARTOWN posted is the all Arkansas team. Wasn't trying to slight anyone, just recognizing that a junior making an AA team from Arkansas is amazing.

SUGARTOWN

December 30, 2017, 08:14:59 am #5 Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 08:16:46 am by SUGARTOWN
Quote from: prHOG13 on December 29, 2017, 11:16:29 pm
Guys, my link is an all American team

No it's not. It says "All USA Arkansas team" just like my link does.

Jack1990

ST is right. I didn't see any Arkansan's on the ALL USA team. Treylon made the USA Today All-Arkansas Team.

prHOG13

Lumberjackfan1978

cuckoobird

We already knew you lacked intelligence. You've been telling us for a couple years how PeeRidge was going to win a title

prHOG13

Quote from: cuckoobird on January 03, 2018, 06:56:20 am
We already knew you lacked intelligence. You've been telling us for a couple years how PeeRidge was going to win a title
No, I haven't.

Big Fan

January 03, 2018, 09:44:42 pm #11 Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 09:50:20 pm by Big Fan

Quote from: prHOG13 on January 03, 2018, 07:26:53 pm
No, I haven't.

What we have here, is a failure to communicate. 
The Captain 1967

LAfootball fan

The pot calling the kettle black.  lol  The one poster that has been guilty of pumping Stuttgart non stop calling out another poster.  Classic.

cuckoobird

Show me one post where I said Stuttgart would win the title

LAfootball fan

Pea Ridge has been in the running for a state title the last two years.  A fan believing they should win it or could win it should not have been ridiculed.  They have been right there and they had the talent and coaching to go with it.  Just ran into two teams that were loaded with talent and speed that were just bad match-ups for them.   As much as you have been touting the "Machine" is back the last few years only to see them flame out, you should have been the first to give PR13 some slack is all I am saying.  Pea Ridge was a "legit" contender to win the state title last year and this year.  Stuttgart may be a legit contender in the coming years.  They have a solid program, but they too have run into a "loaded" Warren team the last couple years and may have to deal with them again this coming year.  Sometimes a team that is good enough to win  a state title has the bad luck of a couple other teams having one of their best teams in program history and just having to play them early in the playoff brackets.

hogfan10

Quote from: LAfootball fan on January 04, 2018, 04:52:56 pm
Pea Ridge has been in the running for a state title the last two years.  A fan believing they should win it or could win it should not have been ridiculed.  They have been right there and they had the talent and coaching to go with it.  Just ran into two teams that were loaded with talent and speed that were just bad match-ups for them.   As much as you have been touting the "Machine" is back the last few years only to see them flame out, you should have been the first to give PR13 some slack is all I am saying.  Pea Ridge was a "legit" contender to win the state title last year and this year.  Stuttgart may be a legit contender in the coming years.  They have a solid program, but they too have run into a "loaded" Warren team the last couple years and may have to deal with them again this coming year.  Sometimes a team that is good enough to win  a state title has the bad luck of a couple other teams having one of their best teams in program history and just having to play them early in the playoff brackets.

Pea Ridge was a pretty solid team this year and last, but there were only 4 legit contenders in 2017; and they were Arkadelphia, Warren, Robinson & Ashdown (b/4 injuries). Those 4 teams were just athletically superior to the rest.

Jacketman65

Quote from: LAfootball fan on January 04, 2018, 04:52:56 pm
Hate to say this but "I agree with Cookturd"  You have no freeking clue! Just because you have that one special team in your short program history, does not mean that you can win a championship!  The last thing you need to do is compare your team to Warren or Stuttgart! There is no comparison, the speed from the south is a difference maker/killer!  IMO!  I think that Brett Biellmia can attest to that!  Being from the north part of the state, you will always be a slave to the south part!  In other words ------ It Ain't gonna happen for PR!

LAfootball fan

Your first mistake was agreeing  with cuckoobird.   Yours second was assuming I  am affiliated in anyway with Pea Ridge.  Explain to me how they beat Nashville last year, a team loaded with south arkansas speed year after year??  Explain to me why they were within a td of Warren at halftime in the championship game last year briiliant one?   They were LEGIT contenders if they are playing in the title game and in the semi's the next year no matter how you look at it. 

Booneville won several titles by beating south arkansas teams and they did it through precision on offense and toughness on defense.  Pea Ridge wins the same way, except they DID have a rb with speed that  could  have played on ANY team in south arkansas. 

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Wasn't Winn from Ridge one of the fastest kids in the state?

STUNNA

Ridge had 3-4 guys that could have started on any team in 4a this season.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on January 05, 2018, 11:25:48 am
Wasn't Winn from Ridge one of the fastest kids in the state?

According to the Pea Ridge people...

cuckoobird

January 05, 2018, 12:09:20 pm #21 Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 12:20:32 pm by cuckoobird
There were a couple teams that played warren a heck of a lot closer than PeeRidge did and had to do it on warren's home field. Matter of fact, Stuttgart played warren twice last year and the margin of victory added together was less than PeeRidge's one game with them. Having the luxury of being on a weaker side of the bracket doesn't make you any more of a contender than other schools who lost to the eventual champion. Oh, and everyone knew Nashville was not going to win it all with the horrendous defense they had.

beach bum

I am the only poster in the 1-4A who has figured it out cause I have seen it for 20 years now. Outside of a private school doing it the small towns in NWA do not have the talent to win state titles when they face a superior gifted team with a good coach and school with tradition too. I think that is why some people on here including me like to pick at the posters of Pea Ridge sometimes thinking they were ever real legitimate state title contenders. They were good the last few years but fell just short. There isn't anything wrong with that either. But its just the reality of the situation that even if you have stacked teams in NWA eventually you will hit a buzz saw of superiority and end up being between the #2 and #5 team. That is the ceiling for the public schools in NWA 2A through 6A... I have seen it with my own eyes from about 5 or 6 really great Prairie Grove teams the last two decades who just eventually hit that buzz saw in the semifinals or finals. 

hogfan10

Quote from: STUNNA on January 05, 2018, 11:36:45 am
Ridge had 3-4 guys that could have started on any team in 4a this season.

They had some good athletes, unfortunately it takes 11 to play a down of football. Hard to win when you're out athleted at all positions but 2,3, or 4; especially when those 2,3, or 4 are a push at best. With that said PR was a very good team, but they're just not going to match up athletically with the Warrens & Nashvilles year in and year out, or the Robinsons & Ashdowns (at least the last few years).

STUNNA

Lumberjackfan1978

The Hogs coaches better start camping out in warren

Big Fan

Quote from: STUNNA on January 09, 2018, 04:40:51 pm
LSU offered Burks today
Remind him they haven't had a QB since ..... well ... since... he11 I can't remember.  #careerender

Jimbo Morphis

Big Fan

STUNNA

Quote from: Big Fan on January 09, 2018, 07:32:24 pm
Remind him they haven't had a QB since ..... well ... since... he11 I can't remember.  #careerender

But they have 2 very good receivers in the NFL regardless of it. I have heard LSU will be Arkansas biggest competition due to being close to home. Have also heard someone mention Clemson also.

Romeo

I think LSU and Florida State, when they potentially offer, will be Arkansas's best competition for getting Burks.

cuckoobird

He can play QB at LSU. He's the best qb at warren now

STUNNA

Quote from: Romeo on January 09, 2018, 10:22:44 pm
I think LSU and Florida State, when they potentially offer, will be Arkansas's best competition for getting Burks.

Florida State will definitely offer. At least i would think since he had an offer from Oregon while Taggart was their. Coach Hampton needs to stay away!! Lol

prHOG13

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on January 09, 2018, 07:13:18 pm
The Hogs coaches better start camping out in warren
They have been. They've sent a coach there as much as the NCAA allows. Lunney will be at the bball game tomorrow, and Stepp will be there on Tuesday next week.

AirWarren

Quote from: prHOG13 on January 11, 2018, 08:02:12 pm
They have been. They've sent a coach there as much as the NCAA allows. Lunney will be at the bball game tomorrow, and Stepp will be there on Tuesday next week.

Ole Lunney has been to warren so many times lol.

Overdahill

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: cuckoobird on January 10, 2018, 09:27:16 am
He can play QB at LSU. He's the best qb at warren now
He did lead Warren past the Ricebirds pretty easily

cuckoobird

beach bum

Even our 1/2 star QB shredded the Ricebird defense up....

Oldbadger

Shoot guys, I think he should skip college and go straight to the Pros.  Cleveland will take him for sure!lol. It's hard to understand how an athlete so good couldn't beat the 160 pound, 5'10" dback from Arkadelphia one on one on that last play where he ran the  ball.  Open field man to man. Play of the game IMO. Don't get me wrong, great player, but it takes 11.  Remember, we're talking Power 5 football, where everybody is good!  He won't look as good as against high school players.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: cuckoobird on January 13, 2018, 01:16:49 pm
Easily?
Honestly yes. I don't think the Ricebirds played us as close as they have the last couple years.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on January 13, 2018, 03:35:59 pm
Honestly yes. I don't think the Ricebirds played us as close as they have the last couple years.

Not sure what game you saw last year. It was a one score game when the Birds fumbled at the Lumberjack 20 yd line mid-way through the 4th qtr last year. Warren then scored a few minutes later to seal the win. It was definitely not an easy win.

cuckoobird

That's the same story I remember. Now I don't believe in moral victories but I wouldn't say warren beat us easily.

Trojanbird

It will be interesting to see if AW and the Warren faithful can keep him in Arkansas when he is done in HS!

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: cuckoobird on January 13, 2018, 05:18:28 pm
That's the same story I remember. Now I don't believe in moral victories but I wouldn't say warren beat us easily.
The game was easier than either game from '16 in my opinion. I'm one of the only dudes on here saying Stuttgart is always a tough matchup for Warren. Not saying you guys suck.

Jacketman65

STUNNA

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: STUNNA on January 16, 2018, 01:11:29 pm
Michigan offered today

It must be Arkansas offer day, Michigan offered Hudson Henry today as well.

prHOG13

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on January 16, 2018, 03:06:49 pm
It must be Arkansas offer day, Michigan offered Hudson Henry today as well.
Dan Enos is Michigans OC now, so that's the reason for the recent offers to both (other than both being elite talents obviously)

SUGARTOWN

January 18, 2018, 07:47:28 am #49 Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 09:51:47 am by SUGARTOWN
Quote from: prHOG13 on January 17, 2018, 08:56:15 pm
Dan Enos is Michigans OC now, so that's the reason for the recent offers to both (other than both being elite talents obviously)

Enos is the WR's coach, not OC.

Edit: Enos is now the QB coach at Bama

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas