• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

class AAA from 1993

Started by tmycjy, January 10, 2017, 07:12:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tmycjy

January 10, 2017, 07:12:49 pm Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 07:20:29 pm by tmycjy
Saw this on the 2A board here class AAA teams from 1993
AAA east
Marianna
Ridgecrest is now paragould
Batesville
Green county tech
Marion
Newport
Osceola
Wynne

AAA West
Alma
Greenwood
Searcy
Harrison
Morrilton
Siloam Springs
Pulaski oak Grove now maumelle
Pulaski Robinson

AAA Southeast
Stuttgart
Dumas
Monticello
Watson Chapel
White Hall
Crossett
LR Mills
Lake Village I think if I'm wrong please tell me

AAA southwest
Ashdown
Hope
Magnolia
Malvern
Arkadelphia
Lake Hamilton
HS Lakeside
Hot Springs

Iknewthemwhen

Is this from when 4A was the highest class?

tmycjy

birddawg1986

Think 5A was the highest. All your LR schools & NWA schools

Made

Quote from: birddawg1986 on January 12, 2017, 01:50:53 pm
believe it was 4 as the highest then also had a class B for basketball only schools. For some reason class B was degrading so they upped everyone around 1999-2000 to 1a-5a, not sure when they moved up to 7a

beach bum

Quote from: birddawg1986 on January 12, 2017, 01:50:53 pm

5A was not created until they went away from having the name "B" schools which then became 1A schools shortly after so everyone had an "A" in their classification. Those B schools are still 1A schools today.

beach bum

January 12, 2017, 05:42:59 pm #6 Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 05:45:37 pm by beach bum
Wow, Marianna may go down to 2A next cycle putting them as one of the smallest 48 schools playing football.....

rpr

I believe it was Hamburg instead of Lake Village in the Southeast.

tmycjy

Quote from: rpr on January 12, 2017, 07:06:45 pm
I believe it was Hamburg instead of Lake Village in the Southeast.
No hamburg came in 1996 and 1997 season I don't reamber them before that

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Made on January 12, 2017, 01:58:37 pm
believe it was 4 as the highest then also had a class B for basketball only schools. For some reason class B was degrading so they upped everyone around 1999-2000 to 1a-5a, not sure when they moved up to 7a

6a/7a was first used in 2006

SUGARTOWN

January 16, 2017, 11:26:45 am #10 Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 02:27:59 pm by SUGARTOWN
Quote from: tmycjy on January 10, 2017, 07:12:49 pm
Saw this on the 2A board here class AAA teams from 1993

AAA Southeast
Stuttgart
Dumas
Monticello
Watson Chapel
White Hall
Crossett
LR Mills
Lake Village I think if I'm wrong please tell me

Stuttgart's never been in a conference with Lake Village. Beebe was in their conference for a few years around that time.

tmycjy

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on January 16, 2017, 11:26:45 am
Stuttgart's never been in a conference with Lake Village. Beebe was in their conference for a few years around that time.

Then who was the team then

The_Pioneer

Hamburg seems correct.  I recall them from my high school days.

Rob Van Winkle

Quote from: beach bum on January 12, 2017, 05:42:59 pm
Wow, Marianna may go down to 2A next cycle putting them as one of the smallest 48 schools playing football.....
Back in the mid-late 80 when there were only 4 football classes Marianna was in the AAAA along with Helena-West Helena.

Rulesman

Quote from: Rob Van Winkle on January 22, 2017, 07:36:43 pm
Back in the mid-late 80 when there were only 4 football classes Marianna was in the AAAA along with Helena-West Helena.
Along with West Memphis, Forrest City, Jonesboro and Blytheville.

Dawgfan

AAA Southeast would have included Sheridan that year not Lake Village or Hamburg. 100% sure.

tmycjy

Quote from: Dawgfan on February 01, 2017, 09:45:54 pm
AAA Southeast would have included Sheridan that year not Lake Village or Hamburg. 100% sure.

It can't be Sheridan don Campbell was coach at Wynne that year and he left Sheridan because there were move up to 4A  and couldn't compete back then

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Dawgfan on February 01, 2017, 09:45:54 pm

Hamburg was in the AAA SE for a cycle, Beebe was too...don't recall Sheridan, but I could be wrong. HS Lakeside was in there also, not sure what years though.

EDIT: Beebe was in there right after I graduated in '89, so early 90's. But I think it was still 5AAA North then. That's what I was when I played.

My senior year it was:

Stuttgart
White Hall
Watson Chapel
Robinson
Oak Grove
Morrilton
Batesville
Searcy

tmycjy

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on February 02, 2017, 11:07:24 am
Hamburg was in the AAA SE for a cycle, Beebe was too...don't recall Sheridan, but I could be wrong. HS Lakeside was in there also, not sure what years though.

EDIT: Beebe was in there right after I graduated in '89, so early 90's. But I think it was still 5AAA North then. That's what I was when I played.

My senior year it was:

Stuttgart
White Hall
Watson Chapel
Robinson
Oak Grove
Morrilton
Batesville
Searcy

I'm talking about the 93 season I just don't know who was there in that spot

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: tmycjy on February 02, 2017, 12:15:21 pm
I'm talking about the 93 season I just don't know who was there in that spot

My guess is that Beebe was still in there at that time. I know they were in '90-'91.

Dawgfan

Fall of 1993 I was a senior at White Hall. We lost all of our running backs to injury part way through the season. Picked a guy out of the defensive secondary and taught him to run a sweep. Racked up 204 yards on the ground against Sheridan. Never forget that. Our non conference schedule that year was Hot Springs, Malvern with Madre Hill and Dollarway. I graduated in the spring of 1994 and threw the shot put and discus at the district meet at Sheridan.

Sheridan would have replaced Searcy that year in our conference. We had played searcy two years in a row. In 1991 Searcy beat us at home when we made t to the semi finals and got beat by Newport. Bit of trivia. Hot shot running back on that 1991 team was a Sprinkle. In 1992 we went to Searcy and won.

rpr

Mills yearbook confirms Sheridan.

Dawgfan

tmycjy

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Dawgfan on February 02, 2017, 03:04:26 pm
Our non conference schedule that year was Hot Springs, Malvern with Madre Hill and Dollarway.

That '93 Dollarway team was legit.  Studs all over the field.

Dawgfan

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on February 03, 2017, 12:56:48 pm
That '93 Dollarway team was legit.  Studs all over the field.

Kevin Williams was no joke as a QB. They had a fullback named Eric Jenkins that was a stud too. Irvin Tisdale was another good one on that team. I still see those guys around town. Irvin Jr. played at White Hall a few years back. I think we lost by a touchdown at Dollarway in 1993. One heck of a program there with Hardman in the late 80's early 90's. I think Hardman had moved onto UAPB by the 1993 season.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Dawgfan on February 03, 2017, 04:06:49 pm
Kevin Williams was no joke as a QB. They had a fullback named Eric Jenkins that was a stud too. Irvin Tisdale was another good one on that team. I still see those guys around town. Irvin Jr. played at White Hall a few years back. I think we lost by a touchdown at Dollarway in 1993. One heck of a program there with Hardman in the late 80's early 90's. I think Hardman had moved onto UAPB by the 1993 season.

Yeah I believe that may have been Jordan's first year. At least I think that's his name.

Burks

February 04, 2017, 09:09:06 am #27 Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 09:16:09 am by Burks
The Southwest flex their muscle in the 93 playoffs with 3 of the 4 Semi-finalist. Lake Hamilton was the Defending State Champion and looking to repeat. The Malvern Leopards led by Madre Hill avenged their 2 conference losses beating a loaded Magnolia in the Semifinals before dethroning LH for the Championship. Stuttgart, Wynne, Newport, Alma and Monticello also fielded teams that could have won State. The most competitive playoff division I have ever seen!

tmycjy

Here a fun little thing here the playoffs for that year 93

Lake Hamilton 14
Searcy 10

Monticello 14
Marrianna  0

Alma 42
Hot Springs 0

Newport 21
Watson Chapel 14

Osceola 30
Dumas 38

Harrison 22
Malvern 48

Stuttgart 12
Wynne 21

Magnolia 38
Siloam Springs 0

Quarter finals
Lake Hamilton 35
Monticello 7

Alma 0
Newport 7

Dumas 20
Malvern 35

Wynne 29
Magnolia 33

Simi finals
Lake Hamilton 28
Newport 6

Malvern 21
Magnolia 14

Final
Lake Hamilton 9
Malvern 20

tmycjy

Another fun one here the 1995 playoffs

alma 22
Marrianna 16

Monticello 20
Magnolia 0

Osceola 28
Harrison 21

Arkadelphia 2
White hall 3

Malvern 27
Crossett 8

Newport 27
Siloam Springs 3

Watson Chapel 14
Hot Springs 7

Morrilton 18
Wynne 14

Quarter finals

Alma 21
Monticello 28

Osceola 36
White hall 0

Malvern 21
Newport 28

Watson Chapel 21
Morrilton 20

Simi finals

Monticello 14
Osceola 31

Newport 24
Watson Chapel 47

Finals

Osceola 27
Watson Chapel 0

incogneto

Quote from: tmycjy on January 13, 2017, 07:12:44 pm
No hamburg came in 1996 and 1997 season I don't reamber them before that
It was Hamburg.  They were teetering between 2A and 3A around these years. 

Hoghead2

The AAA has offered up some strange conference alignments over the years. In Southwest Arkansas for a few years Crossett, Arkadelphia, Ashdown, Camden, CF, Hope, Magnolia and Malvern were togather. They even split the conference into a East and West Division with a Conference Championship game between two at the end of the season.
West.                             
Arkadelphia
Camden Fairview
Camden Lincoln
Hope
Malvern

East
Camden High
Magnolia
Crossett
Smackover
Warren