• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Turf has been approved for Lumberjack Stadium.

Started by Superjack45, January 12, 2016, 10:48:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OB11

Quote from: Oldman on January 14, 2016, 10:37:49 am
Quote from: OliverBoy11 on January 14, 2016, 09:35:39 am
Quote from: Oldman on January 14, 2016, 09:32:06 am
Quote from: OliverBoy11 on January 14, 2016, 09:07:25 am
Quote from: ~WPS~ on January 13, 2016, 03:36:40 pm
Quote from: TIGER101 on January 13, 2016, 12:42:35 pm
Turf sucks.  Stay traditional and fix what you have.  A turf field will make you soft.
How many 4A or below public schools that had turf won a state title? Charleston is the only one I can think of off the top of my head.

Harding Academy plays on turf.
it's not theirs.

Ok....I read the question as what 4A or below teams play on turf. 
I know, wans't picking on you just making the point they didn't pay for turf.

Yeah I see now that the point of the question was what smaller schools actually paid for the turf they play on.  In northeast Arkansas there are not many small schools that have turf.  Hoxie, Brookland, and Gosnell all just got turf this year.  I can't think of any more schools 4A or smaller that have turf in this area.   

HeberFan

AirWarren

Jimbo Morphis

AirWarren

~WPS~

Do Warren fans ever think that Bo doesn't want to be at Warren since he applies for almost every opening? And do you think there's a reason nobody hires Bo?

AirWarren

Quote from: ~WPS~ on January 17, 2016, 02:46:40 pm
Do Warren fans ever think that Bo doesn't want to be at Warren since he applies for almost every opening? And do you think there's a reason nobody hires Bo?

Quote from: Coach DePriest, Elmwood Middle School on January 17, 2016, 05:06:34 pm
Text from Coach Hembree:

"No. I did not apply nor have I talked to anyone there" Followed by "You can say you talked to me."

Again. I'll believe all the "I hear Bo Hembree applied" the day he leaves Warren.

~WPS~

Quote from: AirWarren on January 17, 2016, 07:37:49 pm
Quote from: ~WPS~ on January 17, 2016, 02:46:40 pm

Quote from: Coach DePriest, Elmwood Middle School on January 17, 2016, 05:06:34 pm
Text from Coach Hembree:

"No. I did not apply nor have I talked to anyone there" Followed by "You can say you talked to me."

Again. I'll believe all the "I hear Bo Hembree applied" the day he leaves Warren.
Maybe he applies but doesn't get the jobs.

STUNNA

maybe he applies and warren ups his salary everytime...seems kinda smart... Hembree is not leaving warren with what he has the next three seasons

Hootie

I was saying a couple years ago that Warren needs a new gym ASAP. If the youngin's need a new school, that should be #1. It's all about dem kids mane.

AirWarren

Quote from: Hootie on January 18, 2016, 07:52:48 pm
I was saying a couple years ago that Warren needs a new gym ASAP. If the youngin's need a new school, that should be #1. It's all about dem kids mane.

Warren needed a new gym in 1995.

Eastside elementary needed to completely rebuilt in 1990. I remember my mom's old classroom there.

The thing with charter school status, the gym and school can get available money from grants. As well as the soccer field. The turf, someone must have said they would poney up some money to get the ball rolling.

Romeo

Warren's first basketball state championship was in 1931. I think that gym has been there since that time. Raymond Scogin Gymnasium needs to start up like.. now.

AirWarren

Quote from: Romeo on January 19, 2016, 07:46:37 am
Warren's first basketball state championship was in 1931. I think that gym has been there since that time. Raymond Scogin Gymnasium needs to start up like.. now.

I agree.

Jacks990

Quote from: dc24 on January 12, 2016, 11:23:59 pm
Personally, I would rather put that money towards a new basketball gym.  It's about need, not want.

I do think turf will happen though and it is probably better than natural grass and would end up saving us money in the future.

Why would you want to upgrade a losing program. Why not upgrade a winning program. Plus it is cheaper.

AirWarren

Quote from: Jacks990 on January 19, 2016, 11:30:01 am
Personally, I would rather put that money towards a new basketball gym.  It's about need, not want.

I do think turf will happen though and it is probably better than natural grass and would end up saving us money in the future.

Why would you want to upgrade a losing program. Why not upgrade a winning program. Plus it is cheaper.

Classy post.

SUGARTOWN

Most schools aspire to be good at more than one sport.

Bulldog92

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on January 19, 2016, 12:54:28 pm

So when is Stuttgart going to build a new bowling ally?? I would almost bet it's the winningest program y'all got!!

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Bulldog92 on January 19, 2016, 03:13:10 pm

So when is Stuttgart going to build a new bowling ally?? I would almost bet it's the winningest program y'all got!!

And if you made that bet it would just be another thing you Star City folks lose at...  :D

dc24

I think part of the reason it's a losing program is because we don't really commit any resources towards it.  The girls' team has been to regionals a couple of times over the last few years, and I think the boys went once a couple of years back.  It's not as if it's completely barren.

Agree, and we should aspire to be good in more than one sport, but too many people are ok with just being good at football.

Not too terribly long ago, about 10 years, we were making the state tournament in all three major boys' sports and won a state championship in baseball.  We also had several people in the state track meet, which is another thing we've let go by the wayside.  Nobody cares enough to put any time into the track program and with the athletes we have, we should be good at track and field year in and year out.  It's not just the school though, the kids, the parents, and the community only care that we are good at football.  They don't encourage their kids to play other sports and the kids, if they do play another sport, just use it to pass the time and get ready for next football season.  There are some exceptions to that obviously, but still.

You can argue about who deserves what, but our football team has all the resources it needs already, our other sports do not.  Although, resources aren't the only problem.  It starts with the attitude of the decision makers at the top.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Warren has gone to regionals the last two years.

Lumberjackfan1978

Yea they have, we really need a new large modern Gym more people would go to the games then

Superjack45

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on January 21, 2016, 07:49:48 pm
Yea they have, we really need a new large modern Gym more people would go to the games then
Our gym is really bad the bleachers will kill your back. If you don't get there early enough to sit at the very top against the wall you are in for a long night, I will be so glad when they start something and stop doing all this talk. They talk about doing something every year and nothing happens.

Lumberjackfan1978

Agree the gym is terrible they need to take action on a new modern gym that Warren will be proud of

AirWarren

Romeo

A new Eastside school and gym are a priority, but like what was said in the article would take either more students or a millage increase. The turf would cost the taxpayers nothing. As a juggernaut program, we should also strive to have the best facilities.

Jimbo Morphis

who will pay for the new turf in 12 years?

AirWarren

Quote from: Oldman on January 26, 2016, 09:11:48 am

The budget in the post office operates in the red.

LJ06

AirWarren

Quote from: LJ06 on January 26, 2016, 09:46:25 am
Quote from: Oldman on January 26, 2016, 09:11:48 am

The paper mill

That's right. I'll be in Warren tomorrow. I'll drive by it.

Jimbo Morphis

I know you're not used to me asking serious questions. but...

AirWarren

Quote from: Oldman on January 26, 2016, 11:12:11 am
I know you're not used to me asking serious questions. but...

The answer is....don't know. Maybe someone on the school board can answer that.

We live in a want it now society. Sometimes decisions are made and the future isn't well thought about. I think turf is great for the lumberjack program. I'm one of the indifferent ones that likes a beautiful grass field just as much as a beautiful turf field. But I am no longer a parent in the district, tax payer to the town, or tax payer to the schools so my opinion is null and void. I just know that as a proud Warrenite and Warren alum, I would like to see a new eastside school for elementary kids and a new gym for the basketball team before I die. It's well past time.

Lumberjackfan1978

Yea it's time they get a new modern gym past time ,and a new school for eastside now if they've got someone lined up who is going to pay for turf than I say go for it!

AirWarren

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on January 26, 2016, 01:14:17 pm
Yea it's time they get a new modern gym past time ,and a new school for eastside now if they've got someone lined up who is going to pay for turf than I say go for it!

If someone is putting the money for it then full speed ahead!

KASH dba The Lumberjack

I love our grass field but honestly it takes up so much time to keep it as nice as it is. It'll be nice to never work repairing divots on Monday and Tuesday after a sloppy Friday night game.
As far as the gym and elementary school, you can put several sets of tires on a paid off vehicle before you have to buy a new one. When my daughter was in the 6th grade, they said the district was getting ready to break ground for a new gym, she's now 22yrs old. They all but promised that age group they would play in a new gym for their 11th and 12th grade seasons, didn't happen.

AirWarren

It's not a priority to the district. But I suppose that is ok.

Superjack45

Hear Yee, Hear Yee to all that want to know Warren School Board has voted and unanimously approved the go ahead for funding Turf on Lumberjack field. I know we need a Basketball Gym but the Board has spoken. What do you think.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Superjack45 on February 04, 2016, 01:02:04 pm
Hear Yee, Hear Yee to all that want to know Warren School Board has voted and unanimously approved the go ahead for funding Turf on Lumberjack field. I know we need a Basketball Gym but the Board has spoken. What do you think.
Good for Warren

Superjack45

Quote from: cuckoobird on February 04, 2016, 01:02:47 pm
Good for Warren
I don't know if I should thank you or what CB but hopefully we get a new scoreboard and whole 9. Lol!!

cuckoobird

Quote from: Superjack45 on February 04, 2016, 01:06:27 pm
Good for Warren
I don't know if I should thank you or what CB but hopefully we get a new scoreboard and whole 9. Lol!!
paint those bleachers something other than orange if you really want to class up the stadium.

Superjack45

Quote from: cuckoobird on February 04, 2016, 01:07:11 pm
Quote from: Superjack45 on February 04, 2016, 01:06:27 pm
Good for Warren
paint those bleachers something other than orange if you really want to class up the stadium.
Ha Ha! We like that orange come on I believe deep down you got a thing for orange. Lol! Yeah I hope nobody got hurt at the factory in Stuttgart this morning.

SUGARTOWN

Will this be for the 2016 season or ready in 2017?

Superjack45

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on February 04, 2016, 01:26:45 pm
I haven't found out all the particulars yet, could be this year once everything get rolling and if so should be starting on it soon if it's going to be this year though.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Superjack45 on February 04, 2016, 01:54:04 pm
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on February 04, 2016, 01:26:45 pm
I haven't found out all the particulars yet, could be this year once everything get rolling and if so should be starting on it soon if it's going to be this year though.

They didn't start on Stuttgart's last year until after graduation in May so there's plenty of time for construction, but the bidding process may take some time.

Romeo

The cost of the turf would be approximately $500,000-$700,000. More than likely, Athletic Surface Plus will be the company that installs the turf. They installed turf for Alma, Van Buren, PA, and other schools in AR. Realistically, I can see the funds being raised for the turf to be installed for the 2017 or 2018 season.

Jack1990

Got a feeling it may be sooner than that.  I think playing on it this fall is a very realistic possibility.

AirWarren

Any other updates going to happen along with the turf? Or is the money solely going to the turf?

Jack1990

There has been discussion but nothing concrete yet. 

Superjack45

Quote from: Romeo on February 04, 2016, 02:30:25 pm
The cost of the turf would be approximately $500,000-$700,000. More than likely, Athletic Surface Plus will be the company that installs the turf. They installed turf for Alma, Van Buren, PA, and other schools in AR. Realistically, I can see the funds being raised for the turf to be installed for the 2017 or 2018 season.
yeah that's sounds about right though

AirWarren

I figure the thing now to talk about is the field design. What would you guys like to see at midfield and how would you like the end zones done? I wonder if special designs are extra money or if whatever you design is included in price?

Jack1990

February 05, 2016, 07:06:40 am #99 Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 07:09:31 am by Jack1990
Design has already been created, or at least a proposed design.  It was presented during the school board meetings.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas