• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 Farm Bureau Award Winners

Started by Garo, December 15, 2015, 10:15:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Garo

Farm Bureau is pleased to announce the winners of the 2015 Farm Bureau Awards.

4A Offensive player of the year: LEONARD SNELL, NASHVILLE
4A Defensive player of the year:D'ANGELO MCCOY, WARREN
4A Coach of the Year:DANNY ABSHIER, PRAIRIE GROVE

Congratulations to all for your accomplishments and thank you from the fans for another great season.

STUNNA

all three of those schools are led by great coaches!!!

AirWarren

Romeo

Hembree should have received coach of the year.

AirWarren

Quote from: Romeo on December 15, 2015, 10:48:40 am

I think the PG coach is well deserving. Possibly what threw him over the top was him taking pg to the finals.

What coach Hembree did after losing 17 seniors that played in back to back state title games, was remarkable. 10-2 was something that I didn't foresee especially when the two losses were 5a state champion PA and 4a state champion Nashville.

scrapman

All good coaches. Abshier did a good job. When is the last time all 3 coaches for the final coach of the year all lost to the same team?

Garo

You are correct.  That never hit me all three finalists lost to one team within a 2 week period.  It would be interesting research but not for me to do.

Danny Abshier, Prairie Grove
Tony Travis, Pea Ridge
Bo Hembree, Warren

WPWells

I'd guess not very often because usually the state championship-winning coach is a finalist

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: AirWarren on December 15, 2015, 10:54:53 am
Quote from: Romeo on December 15, 2015, 10:48:40 am

I think the PG coach is well deserving. Possibly what threw him over the top was him taking pg to the finals.

What coach Hembree did after losing 17 seniors that played in back to back state title games, was remarkable. 10-2 was something that I didn't foresee especially when the two losses were 5a state champion PA and 4a state champion Nashville.
agree never thought the jacks would go 10-2 this year,wonderful job

Pokey03

How can Volarvich not be coach of year? I mean no offense to coaches mentioned they are all great, but to come in your first year go undefeated and win state that speaks for it's self, and to not be even on the ballot is a slap in the face. I'm I missing something here have the rules changed if you win state are you not eligible?

hawgfan15

Quote from: Pokey03 on December 17, 2015, 12:03:54 am
How can Volarvich not be coach of year? I mean no offense to coaches mentioned they are all great, but to come in your first year go undefeated and win state that speaks for it's self, and to not be even on the ballot is a slap in the face. I'm I missing something here have the rules changed if you win state are you not eligible?

Politics. They want to make everyone happy and not give multiple awards to one school. Same reason our DE didn't win defensive player of the year. It is ridiculous but expected.

DE Billy Stewart
110 tackles
20 TFL
24 sacks (state leader and 2nd most in a season all time)

AirWarren

McCoy had 187 tackles and he had numbers like this his whole career.  More deserving than Stewart. This is best defensive player that won. Now if it was best defensive unit then Nashville in a landslide.

Nashville's coach walked into a gold mine. Let's see what he can do without Leonard snell.

Pg made it to the state title for the first time led by coach Ashbier.

I'm a orange and black homer just like you but come on man. Nashville was the well deserved champion, the coach of the year was well deserved, as was the kids that won offensive and defensive player of the year. Has nothing to do with politics, but who had the best performances as an individual at their respected positions.

~WPS~

AW you mention tackles and that broke a tackles record for a career. But this isn't a career award, it's an award for this season, and there are more stats on defense than tackles. What did the McCoy kid do outside of tackle the guy that ran his way? I find it hard to believe that he had a bigger impact on defense this year than Stewart.

And the fact that Volarvich wasn't even nominated is a joke.

STUNNA

Quote from: ~WPS~ on December 17, 2015, 09:17:38 am
AW you mention tackles and that broke a tackles record for a career. But this isn't a career award, it's an award for this season, and there are more stats on defense than tackles. What did the McCoy kid do outside of tackle the guy that ran his way? I find it hard to believe that he had a bigger impact on defense this year than Stewart.

Warren does not go 11-2 without McCoy. Nashville still wins state without Stewart.

hawgfan15

Quote from: AirWarren on December 17, 2015, 07:34:30 am
McCoy had 187 tackles and he had numbers like this his whole career.  More deserving than Stewart. This is best defensive player that won. Now if it was best defensive unit then Nashville in a landslide.

Nashville's coach walked into a gold mine. Let's see what he can do without Leonard snell.

I'm a orange and black homer just like you but come on man. Nashville was the well deserved champion, the coach of the year was well deserved, as was the kids that won offensive and defensive player of the year. Has nothing to do with politics, but who had the best performances as an individual at their respected positions.

It has everything to do with politics. If you think McCoy was more deserving then that is your opinion. Stats don't lie

hawgfan15

Quote from: STUNNA on December 17, 2015, 09:21:41 am
Quote from: ~WPS~ on December 17, 2015, 09:17:38 am

Warren does not go 11-2 without McCoy. Nashville still wins state without Stewart.

This isn't the "most valuable player to a team" award. It's the best defensive player in 4A

whippersnapper

I think Abshier getting COY is a simple nod to his all around career at PG. Then the fact you look at the run PG has had since 2011, a record of 50-13. Also lets be honest how many people had Nashville penciled in @ WM in the preseason as opposed to having PG?

hawgfan15

Quote from: whippersnapper on December 17, 2015, 09:25:06 am
I think Abshier getting COY is a simple nod to his all around career at PG. Then the fact you look at the run PG has had since 2011, a record of 50-13. Also lets be honest how many people had Nashville penciled in @ WM in the preseason as opposed to having PG?

I'm with Abshier winning coach of the year for the record. No problem with that at all.

AirWarren

Quote from: hawgfan15 on December 17, 2015, 09:21:54 am

It has everything to do with politics. If you think McCoy was more deserving then that is your opinion. Stats don't lie

Well it's a good thing that 187 tackles was enough "stat" to win the award!

And it's also a good thing that we weren't on the panel of voting, we would have messed the whole thing up and needed a tie breaker! Ha.

STUNNA

If Hargis wouldn't have went down he would have put up some dang good numbers also. McCoy has been one of the best defensive players in 4a for the last 2-3 years.

hawgfan15

Quote from: AirWarren on December 17, 2015, 09:32:11 am

Well it's a good thing that 187 tackles was enough "stat" to win the award!

And it's also a good thing that we weren't on the panel of voting, we would have messed the whole thing up and needed a tie breaker! Ha.

Obviously stats don't win these awards lol

I do want to say that I think McCoy was a very good player.

AirWarren

As is Stewart. He is a senior right? Any scholarship offers?

hawgfan15

Quote from: AirWarren on December 17, 2015, 09:44:33 am
As is Stewart. He is a senior right? Any scholarship offers?

Yes he is a senior. Im not 100% sure but I think he is still waiting on a test score. When that happens the offers from the instate D2 schools will come flooding in. He has received heavy interest.

Lumberjackfan1978

exactly everything you said AW the right people won

Lumberjackfan1978

dc24

McCoy's stats are very deserving as well.  Not that Stewart's weren't, but McCoy is very deserving based on just this season alone, not to mention the career.

Lumberjackfan1978

Lionheart88

Quote from: Garo on December 15, 2015, 04:23:56 pm
You are correct.  That never hit me all three finalists lost to one team within a 2 week period.  It would be interesting research but not for me to do.

Danny Abshier, Prairie Grove
Tony Travis, Pea Ridge
Bo Hembree, Warren
Considering their major turnaround and deep playoff run with (IIRC) a very young team, I'm surprised Arkadelphia's Coach Eldridge didn't get any consideration.

AirWarren

He had a great turnaround this year. Another excellent candidate.

SCRAPPER MOM#1

So glad I have been gone so long and yet things still remain the same..... congrats to the winners.....

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Political how? I guess Nashville has their bags packed now that they are World Champs and are getting ready to go to the White House to give President Big-Eared Barry his honorary team jersey!

Lumberjackfan1978

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas