• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"Rise of the Machine" 2015 Stuttgart Ricebird Football

Started by phdefense, July 28, 2015, 12:09:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lions84

RUSH

phdefense

With the 2015 season beginning today. This thread has served it purpose. So I will concluded it the same way I began it.

"I told you so"

SUGARTOWN

I posted this on the Jr. High board as well but for the benefit of those Ricebird fans that don't check out that board, the Jr. Birds beat P. Robinson 30-0 last night. And by all accounts they may be better than last year's undefeated team. The QB had a heck of a game.

Sorry for posting this on the high school board.

cuckoobird

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 04, 2015, 09:08:29 am
I posted this on the Jr. High board as well but for the benefit of those Ricebird fans that don't check out that board, the Jr. Birds beat P. Robinson 30-0 last night. And by all accounts they may be better than last year's undefeated team. The QB had a heck of a game.

Fun times coming for the next 5 or so years

phdefense

September 04, 2015, 01:58:02 pm #405 Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 06:54:53 pm by phdefense

When those two classes are reunited in HS it is going to get rough for a lot of other teams.

AirWarren

tank

I am guessing that when you post about your Jr. High team on the high school board, this means your Sr. High team is not doing too good.  At least you have something to look forward to in the future (unless some of them start to move to other schools).

AirWarren

People that brag about their "junior high dominance" usually are pretty void of anything to talk about at the high school level.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: AirWarren on September 12, 2015, 08:36:24 pm
People that brag about their "junior high dominance" usually are pretty void of anything to talk about at the high school level.

You mean those the same people who were dogging our Sophomore running back before he even played a game?

195 yards in game 1, 241 yards and 3 td's against Warren. I think he's acclimated to the high school game pretty well.

PrivateLesson

Good point.   Sometimes people say that because they respect the kids and school too much to be so critical.

tank

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 12, 2015, 09:06:16 pm

You mean those the same people who were dogging our Sophomore running back before he even played a game?

195 yards in game 1, 241 yards and 3 td's against Warren. I think he's acclimated to the high school game pretty well.

He sounds like a hoss.  How big is this kid, and does he have D1 speed?  Sounds like the Hogs could use some help. 

phdefense

Quote from: tank on September 13, 2015, 06:46:08 pm

He sounds like a hoss.  How big is this kid, and does he have D1 speed?  Sounds like the Hogs could use some help.
Right now he has good balance, vision and acceleration. He is what you hear people call a "one cut" runner.  He doesn't have high top end break away speed though. At least not yet.

AirWarren

You better hope he doesn't get hurt. Because after that, the ricebirds are mediocre at best.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: AirWarren on September 13, 2015, 07:11:50 pm

You better hope he doesn't get hurt. Because after that, the ricebirds are mediocre at best.

I don't anyone to get hurt. The best player on defense is already out, probably for a few more weeks anyway.

transplant

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 06, 2015, 08:18:38 pm
I can't speak for anybody else but I'll try to explain my thoughts so everyone...
...As far as Warren is concerned, if you think that with losing 19 starters you'll still be in the mix to win the conference (as you stated earlier), just because of the magic of Bo then that's your deal. I just don't see it. I think you'll be 4th in the conference, possibly 3rd depending on the tiebreakers.

Is that clear enough?  8)

Clear enough, yes very clear.

LJ06

Quote from: transplant on November 02, 2015, 07:12:14 pm
I can't speak for anybody else but I'll try to explain my thoughts so everyone...
...As far as Warren is concerned, if you think that with losing 19 starters you'll still be in the mix to win the conference (as you stated earlier), just because of the magic of Bo then that's your deal. I just don't see it. I think you'll be 4th in the conference, possibly 3rd depending on the tiebreakers.

LOL

SUGARTOWN

Looks like I overestimated the rest of the 8-4A. I thought the conference would be better...especially Star City.

LJ06

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 02, 2015, 07:15:55 pm

Looks like I overestimated the rest of the 8-4A. I thought the conference would be better...especially Star City.

We all did

LAfootball fan

Don't know if you overestimated the conference or underestimated Warren.  The playoffs will help sort that out more.   Sometimes in conference results don't really show the strength or weakness until they start playing out of conference at the end of the year.  Last year there were several teams that were being touted as teams to watch that just tanked it in the playoffs and several that were so so that turned it on.   Will be interesting to see how Warren fares this year.  They are extremely young but they have some difference makers that can take over a game.
BTW, the sophomore rb at Stuttgart, if a pup is going to bite he will bite young.  He will be one to watch for sure.

RUSH

+ infinity

RUSH

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 02, 2015, 07:15:55 pm

SC can't defend the sweep or out routes!

SUGARTOWN

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 09, 2015, 09:48:01 am
Thanks to KATV for covering this story. BTW, it's the Jr. High team, not JV.

http://katv.com/sports/content/beyond-the-game-stuttgarts-strength

Thanks for sharing!  Great to see the kids and community show support like this... How is he doing?

Prayers from Fayetteville...

SUGARTOWN

November 09, 2015, 10:01:31 am #424 Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 12:51:26 pm by SUGARTOWN
Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on November 09, 2015, 09:56:26 am

Thanks for sharing!  Great to see the kids and community show support like this... How is he doing?

Still undergoing treatment at St. Jude is what I'm hearing.

AirWarren

Prayers. Sometimes we all forget about the things that are more important than football.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: AirWarren on November 09, 2015, 10:05:30 am
Prayers. Sometimes we all forget about the things that are more important than football.

True and to me it seems we are seeing it more and more with childhood cancer... Could be social media causing more awareness but it seems it is everywhere we go...  We have a boy at Shiloh fighting Neuroblastoma (played Pee Wee)... 

Lumberjackfan1978

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on November 09, 2015, 09:56:26 am

Just an update: It seems this fine young man is not doing well in his battle with cancer. His family is calling for prayers from everyone.

AirWarren

Lumberjackfan1978

SUGARTOWN

This young man, Price Hancock, went to be with the Lord yesterday. His family would appreciate your prayers. So very sad for the family and town.

WPWells

Prayers to the family. It's times like these when we remember that there are so many things bigger than football

Bulldog92

Lumberjackfan1978

I'm so saddened to here this news, I pray to the Lord to lift this family up and give them strength and comfort

PA Dad

Football is lots of fun but unimportant in the grand scheme of things.  My thoughts are with the family.

panthers fan

bigchief72455

So sorry for your loss. Its these times that really give us all perspective on what is truly important.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas