• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lincoln open?

Started by beach bum, April 01, 2015, 10:26:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DogInTheHat

You've been gone for a year and still hating on Lincoln, Hammons. SMH @catinthehat

catinthehat

Doesn't matter what Davenport coaches at FHS. He's better off. LOL! Blessing in disguise, you could say.  And if you you are OK with "losers", Beach Bum, stick with Lincoln. They'll deliver! And when they do, you be sure to congratulate the coach for a  "GOOD TRY!" Could have had Laird...Should have kept Davenport...Fired Meyers from DC and Track...Bad decision on top of bad decision. And so it goes...and so it goes... My compliments to all the so-called fans who are OK with mediocrity. Because that's what you have and that's all you'll get.

beach bum

Quote from: catinthehat on December 12, 2015, 08:49:37 pm
Doesn't matter what Davenport coaches at FHS. He's better off. LOL! Blessing in disguise, you could say.  And if you you are OK with "losers", Beach Bum, stick with Lincoln. They'll deliver! And when they do, you be sure to congratulate the coach for a  "GOOD TRY!" Could have had Laird...Should have kept Davenport...Fired Meyers from DC and Track...Bad decision on top of bad decision. And so it goes...and so it goes... My compliments to all the so-called fans who are OK with mediocrity. Because that's what you have and that's all you'll get.

He may make more money working for Fayetteville public schools but a loser takes the easy route in life. Not everyone has a connection to somebody to get their dream jobs in NWA in the 7A as a positions coach. I respect people like Coach Harrison taking a risk a Lincoln. I am not a Lincoln poster btw. Just hoping the best for them. If Davenport was so great have him go to Decatur and tell me how he does. A loser runs from tough situations so I stand by what I previously posted.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on December 12, 2015, 09:24:30 pm

He may make more money working for Fayetteville public schools but a loser takes the easy route in life. Not everyone has a connection to somebody to get their dream jobs in NWA in the 7A as a positions coach. I respect people like Coach Harrison taking a risk a Lincoln. I am not a Lincoln poster btw. Just hoping the best for them. If Davenport was so great have him go to Decatur and tell me how he does. A loser runs from tough situations so I stand by what I previously posted.

Decatur isn't a fair analogy

Big Papa Wolf

December 13, 2015, 09:13:17 am #304 Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 10:42:02 am by Big Papa Wolf
There is no doubt that both sides won in this. I have said before that it just wasn't a good fit for either side. We have moved on. Hopefully he has moved on. Both were obviously more successful this year and should be in better shape moving forward.

Tigerdad2

Quote from: Sweetfeet on December 09, 2015, 01:05:47 pm
371 points scored on the defense (33-34 per game), I'd say it was a bad decision.  The head coach seems to be doing go and the offense seems explosive.
The defense gave up 35 points per game in 2014 so it was slightly better
Lincoln made the playoffs and made the right decision with the current head coach
I'm not saying they're great but they made a step in the right direction at least

catinthehat

Quote from: HF on December 12, 2015, 10:46:04 pm

Davenport was fired.  He's not a "loser". He was fired, so he looked for another coaching job and got pretty lucky. Did you not know that when you accused him of running from a challenge?? Now Harrison, on the other hand was running from one of the most ghetto towns in Arkansas. Have you ever been to Newport?? Now you can't blame him for running away from a place where he didn't want to raise his family. At least call it what it is. If you think Harrison came to Lincoln because he was "looking for a challenge", you're a moron, beach bum!

Lumberjackfan1978

Lincoln is more of a challenge than Newport

4AWhistler

Quote from: catinthehat on December 14, 2015, 09:16:54 pm

Davenport was fired.  He's not a "loser". He was fired, so he looked for another coaching job and got pretty lucky. Did you not know that when you accused him of running from a challenge?? Now Harrison, on the other hand was running from one of the most ghetto towns in Arkansas. Have you ever been to Newport?? Now you can't blame him for running away from a place where he didn't want to raise his family. At least call it what it is. If you think Harrison came to Lincoln because he was "looking for a challenge", you're a moron, beach bum!
Whew!   I hope Heber Springs never has to play Newport, catinthehat.  They might hold a grudge against you for dissing their town.

Sweetfeet

Quote from: Tigerdad2 on December 14, 2015, 04:42:35 pm
371 points scored on the defense (33-34 per game), I'd say it was a bad decision.  The head coach seems to be doing go and the offense seems explosive.
Lincoln made the playoffs and made the right decision with the current head coach
I'm not saying they're great but they made a step in the right direction at least

I was only referring to the decision to relocate Meyers away from the wolves defense.  I've heard good things about Harrison and he seems to get a lot of community support.

catinthehat

Quote from: 4AWhistler on December 14, 2015, 10:39:12 pm

Whew!   I hope Heber Springs never has to play Newport, catinthehat.  They might hold a grudge against you for dissing their town.

Well, good try, but I am certainly not Garrett Hammonds! By the way, WHEW! They do play Newport...and they beat them.

Tigerdad2

Quote from: Sweetfeet on December 14, 2015, 10:58:46 pm
Quote from: Tigerdad2 on December 14, 2015, 04:42:35 pm

I was only referring to the decision to relocate Meyers away from the wolves defense.  I've heard good things about Harrison and he seems to get a lot of community support.
With the relocation of Meyers, looks like the D got slightly better this year by the numbers

catinthehat

The "relocation" of Meyers????? Is that what they're calling it in Lincoln these days? Too funny! Well, the "relocation" of Meyers, or more accurately put, the "firing" of Meyers was rather stupid and uncalled for. Was it REALLY about a losing season in 2014? Is that why he was jerked from track AS WELL? Because Lincoln had state champions/state qualifiers every year that he was the head track coach. Hmmm. I guess that's not it. I wonder what it was? Heck, if you want to criticize a defense for losing, look no farther than PG. Disappointing as heck. All that talent this year and Laird couldn't stop Nashville. Meyers did... in 2013...when Lincoln had a lot of talent. If I remember correctly, put them out of the play-offs that year. Maybe PG's D Coordinator should be "relocated" as well?

whippersnapper

Just cant drop it can you?? Well in other news Lincoln has moved on from Meyers in coaching. They are looking to get some new uniform options and return an all conf qb and rb along with honorable mention wr. Go Wolves!

Tigerdad2

Quote from: catinthehat on January 19, 2016, 07:51:30 pm
The "relocation" of Meyers????? Is that what they're calling it in Lincoln these days? Too funny! Well, the "relocation" of Meyers, or more accurately put, the "firing" of Meyers was rather stupid and uncalled for. Was it REALLY about a losing season in 2014? Is that why he was jerked from track AS WELL? Because Lincoln had state champions/state qualifiers every year that he was the head track coach. Hmmm. I guess that's not it. I wonder what it was? Heck, if you want to criticize a defense for losing, look no farther than PG. Disappointing as heck. All that talent this year and Laird couldn't stop Nashville. Meyers did... in 2013...when Lincoln had a lot of talent. If I remember correctly, put them out of the play-offs that year. Maybe PG's D Coordinator should be "relocated" as well?
Meyers or Lincoln hasn't beat PG in over 20 years . PG is doing just fine and so is there D Coordinator. He's the best in the 1 4a.

Infamous

As a lifelong Newport resident, all I can do is laugh and nod my head.

bvillehawg

Lincoln is getting their man soon

doober3

bvillehawg

alot of woods to clear but Paul Bunyan is choppin with babe behind him

whippersnapper

Quote from: bvillehawg on February 02, 2016, 03:34:36 pm
Huh???

theoleballcoach

May be the best post in Fearless Friday history.  I opened this account just so I could quote it!

Wpsformerqb

Lumberjack reference? Someone from Warren?

whippersnapper

Quote from: Wpsformerqb on February 03, 2016, 12:28:10 pm

Lumberjack reference? Someone from Warren?
I am sure the Lincoln coaches would be fine with that!   ;D

Wpsformerqb

From what I hear, it ain't anybody from Warren. Bvillehawg, care to drop another hint?

bvillehawg

I here its a cowboy ridin in from the west off the ridge

whippersnapper

Well it isn't a new coach because Harrison isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Could only mean a new player for the wolves...??

Tigerdad2

Quote from: bvillehawg on February 08, 2016, 12:32:18 pm
I here its a cowboy ridin in from the west off the ridge
Heard it has been in the works for a few months

legendarywolf

I have never posted before but decided to create an account because of what I have been reading on here. Some people get on here and just put things down and they have no idea what is really going on. So since I've had two boys go through the Lincoln wolves football program I feel I have a little more truth to the matter. My youngest and I have endured three head coaches in three years. My first point is that Cat in the Hat fails to realize that last year there were only 22 boys that were planning on playing football for the 2016 season. It was not all because of the head coach. Some of it was because of one specific assistant, who is no longer there. Then we got our new coach and within 2 weeks we had over 45 players coming out for spring football. Why won't anybody talk about that? Also, why won't anybody talk about how in the middle of the season last year we changed offensive and defensive! That was one of the most frustrating things I've ever been through as a parent.  Not just as a fan or a parent before the boys.  They were so confused, they did not understand. And then they would go out there and you can tell they have no confidence and what was going on and they didn't play with any passion.  Who does this?  Has anybody else ever heard of a successful football program, or a successful football coach doing this? Yes My second thing, is that I do not care why coach Harrison came to Lincoln. But my son and I are extremely grateful that he did. My son senior year was the best time he ever had in athletics. He was not one of the star players, nor did he score a lot of touchdowns for the team. But what he learned from Coach Harrison he will carry with him forever.  And the at the end of the day,  is that not what we want for our children in athletics . Just hearing him talk about it made my oldest son very jealous that he did not get the same experience. Without him in my opinion, we would not have beaten Berryville, Huntsville or Gentry this season. Much less even come close to making the playoffs. If our administration, school board, and community will get behind this coach we have now, Lincoln could become very relevant in 4A football in Arkansas. It is very easy to get on here and say things when you have an agenda. I do not have an agenda, I am a parent who is upset and saddened that my son got one good year of high school football. He was eligible for 3 but he only got one. When you get on something like this, and you start saying this you start saying that. You need to really be careful because you don't know the whole story. Then other people read this and think they know the whole story. The only people that know the whole story are those boys. Those are the ones that you should be asking those are the ones that should be on here telling people what really happened.

Nip/Tusk

^^^

Post more, but could we have a few paragraphs next time?

beach bum

Great post legendarywolf... I think what you spoke about Coach Harrison speaks volumes of him as a person and that is what makes kids work hard for a coach first off.Also, on your other point I have heard nothing but the same for the assistant who was previously there and saying he was a Negative Nancy would be an understatement. Best of wishes to Lincoln and Coach Harrison moving forward from a PG follower and welcome to fearless  :)

Oldbadger

Sometimes it takes only one bad apple to spoil the bunch.  I am privy to all the LegendaryWolf and Beachbum are saying.  I won't elaborate, except to say, I feel that Lincoln has some great days ahead of it.  The last time they were able to attract 45 players they made some noise.  It can happen again.  Go Wolves!

Wpsformerqb

Kind of refreshing to see an admitted parent speak well of a coach, especially coming from an adverse situation. usually trends the other way. Good on you sir.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: legendarywolf on February 09, 2016, 06:41:48 pm
I have never posted before but decided to create an account because of what I have been reading on here. Some people get on here and just put things down and they have no idea what is really going on. So since I've had two boys go through the Lincoln wolves football program I feel I have a little more truth to the matter. My youngest and I have endured three head coaches in three years. My first point is that Cat in the Hat fails to realize that last year there were only 22 boys that were planning on playing football for the 2016 season. It was not all because of the head coach. Some of it was because of one specific assistant, who is no longer there. Then we got our new coach and within 2 weeks we had over 45 players coming out for spring football. Why won't anybody talk about that? Also, why won't anybody talk about how in the middle of the season last year we changed offensive and defensive! That was one of the most frustrating things I've ever been through as a parent.  Not just as a fan or a parent before the boys.  They were so confused, they did not understand. And then they would go out there and you can tell they have no confidence and what was going on and they didn't play with any passion.  Who does this?  Has anybody else ever heard of a successful football program, or a successful football coach doing this? Yes My second thing, is that I do not care why coach Harrison came to Lincoln. But my son and I are extremely grateful that he did. My son senior year was the best time he ever had in athletics. He was not one of the star players, nor did he score a lot of touchdowns for the team. But what he learned from Coach Harrison he will carry with him forever.  And the at the end of the day,  is that not what we want for our children in athletics . Just hearing him talk about it made my oldest son very jealous that he did not get the same experience. Without him in my opinion, we would not have beaten Berryville, Huntsville or Gentry this season. Much less even come close to making the playoffs. If our administration, school board, and community will get behind this coach we have now, Lincoln could become very relevant in 4A football in Arkansas. It is very easy to get on here and say things when you have an agenda. I do not have an agenda, I am a parent who is upset and saddened that my son got one good year of high school football. He was eligible for 3 but he only got one. When you get on something like this, and you start saying this you start saying that. You need to really be careful because you don't know the whole story. Then other people read this and think they know the whole story. The only people that know the whole story are those boys. Those are the ones that you should be asking those are the ones that should be on here telling people what really happened.

+1

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas