• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A Girls Bracket

Started by Brian G, February 28, 2016, 09:21:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustangfans

Quote from: chickasaw fan on February 29, 2016, 11:49:52 pm
I'm going to make my sleeper pick to make the finals!!!  WESTSIDE
That's not a bad pick, chickasaw.

chickasaw fan

Redwolf, I've been doing my homework. If the Lady Rebels can squeak by the 1st round, i believe they got a realistic shot to play for the championship. I heard the Wagner girl is doing full workouts in practice. Any chance to see her??!! My connect is not saying.

Cheek

How are they a sleeper.  They won their conference. Were runner-up in regional and were ranked No 1 in 2a.   They are what you call a favorite.

RedWolf275

Quote from: chickasaw fan on March 01, 2016, 12:24:37 am
Redwolf, I've been doing my homework. If the Lady Rebels can squeak by the 1st round, i believe they got a realistic shot to play for the championship. I heard the Wagner girl is doing full workouts in practice. Any chance to see her??!! My connect is not saying.

Anything is possible Chickasaw, but I don't really see a path to the finals. Granted they are in the weaker side of the bracket it appears. But I got to believe these teams are a lot better than Sloan and Salem. Lady Rebels get behind late they can't catch up running that spread out offense. One and done for Lady Rebels as they play a good Mountain Pine team. Maybe next year in 3A.

hogfan32

Can someone give me infor on the hector girls?

Bulldog4life

@ mr.trill that's your opinion i can guarntee you that one player is a team player.

Mj4465

Quote from: hogfan32 on March 01, 2016, 08:58:49 am
Can someone give me infor on the hector girls?
Hector has 2 or 3 good 3 point shooters.  They have been hot and cold all year long.  #12 is their best player.  If on, they can hit 3s all day long 4 feet behind the 3 point line.

Cheek

Quote from: RedWolf275 on March 01, 2016, 07:28:20 am
Anything is possible Chickasaw, but I don't really see a path to the finals. Granted they are in the weaker side of the bracket it appears. But I got to believe these teams are a lot better than Sloan and Salem. Lady Rebels get behind late they can't catch up running that spread out offense. One and done for Lady Rebels as they play a good Mountain Pine team. Maybe next year in 3A.

Mt Pine will win this game with ease.

bighurt411

Do you mean JC Westside?

Mustangfans

candy

Westside plays Mineral Springs not Mt. Pine

Mustangfans

MC drove a long way just to get mercy ruled by Doggs from Earle

BoxNOne

Anybody know Magnet Coves record. Were they a upset winner in district or what. They have been mauled by Earle.

bdubyab60

keohog

March 01, 2016, 02:08:37 pm #64 Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 02:39:13 pm by keohog
Quote from: BoxNOne on March 01, 2016, 01:54:48 pm
Anybody know Magnet Coves record. Were they a upset winner in district or what. They have been mauled by Earle.
They came in 4th in District and Region.

Mustangfans

bdubyab60

bigworm

Quote from: keohog on March 01, 2016, 02:08:37 pm
They came in 4th in District and Region.

they were a 4 seed coming out of district and a 4 seed out of east region. won by 1 over 1 seed Carlisle in regional.

Mustangfans

I will say this about Roe, she's a good sport. She gave MC the lead with the first bucket. Then she took it back with a 3 pointer on her end of the court. She won't live that one down I'm sure. Lol

mtindian42

Bulldogs 27 wildcats 8 3:32 till half

bbfan89

Quote from: Cheek on March 01, 2016, 06:18:50 am
How are they a sleeper.  They won their conference. Were runner-up in regional and were ranked No 1 in 2a.   They are what you call a favorite.
Riverside was not conference champion. They lack depth and have a shooter who is now injured(foot). As for the Wagner girl, she may not be eligible this year because she was a late move in. All that said, if they get the shooter back they still may stand a chance at Cinderella's slipper. 3A might want to take notice next year with Wagner, size coming up, and who knows how many move ins, depth will not be an issue and they will still consist of all underclassman.

NEAscout100

Sloan girls are really good when they don't get lazy or down on themselves. And if there hitting the 3pt shot along with inside game and defense isn't lazy. Gonna be hard matchup

BigLion10

Quote from: bbfan89 on March 01, 2016, 10:15:57 pm
Riverside was not conference champion. They lack depth and have a shooter who is now injured(foot). As for the Wagner girl, she may not be eligible this year because she was a late move in. All that said, if they get the shooter back they still may stand a chance at Cinderella's slipper. 3A might want to take notice next year with Wagner, size coming up, and who knows how many move ins, depth will not be an issue and they will still consist of all underclassman.
he was talking about Johnson county Westside

BoxNOne

East should take they rest of the girls first round games. Earle was the best of the north by a good bit.

redrider30

Hey bbfan89. I'm assuming Wagner not playing for Riverside is due to injury since I heard she played at the end of the Pocahontas game. Surely the AAA doesn't wave eligibility rules for even 30 seconds at the end of games.

RedWolf275

Quote from: bbfan89 on March 01, 2016, 10:15:57 pm

I must admit that I had never heard of the Wagner girl until this season on FF. never seen her play but have seen her warm up with Riverside. She is very small but that doesn't mean she can't be a very good player. We will find out next year. The Riverside folks I know don't know much about her either.

redrider30

I don't know but I heard from a Riverside parent that she did play at the end of Pocahontas.

BoxNOne

I'm thinking I heard the Pocahontas game was a "scrimmage game". I did not see that game.

Mustangfans

This England and Tuckerman game ought to be a good one. A lot of fans from both sides. Here we go tip off!!

BoxNOne

I'll go with England by 25

redrider30

I'm not sure it's legal to scrimmage other teams during the season. That's a way of trying to get around the AAA game limit. Plus they usually don't report scrimmage scores on fast break Friday night.

Mustangfans

England is running away with this one. After seeing them play I really like Earle's chances. The only reason Enland will win by 30 points is because of bad passes. Roe will run circles around that defense.

keohog

Quote from: Mustangfans on March 02, 2016, 02:11:52 pm
England is running away with this one. After seeing them play I really like Earle's chances. The only reason Enland will win by 30 points is because of bad passes. Roe will run circles around that defense.
Roe will run circles around England D?

Countryboy5

She better get some help she want beat them by herself bad passes that was good D

Bigditchlion

Wow! Let's don't put the cart before the horse there. Don't think she will dribble circles around England. Simply too much experience on the floor and well coached.

BoxNOne

All we know for sure is that they both have to win another game before meeting, and they have both pounded Tuckerman easily.

BigLion10

Yep and mineral springs or Johnson county will be a test for my lady lions so we are taking it one game at a time

BoxNOne

If Foreman wins, I look for them to test Earle as well.

keohog

Quote from: BoxNOne on March 02, 2016, 03:59:56 pm
If Foreman wins, I look for them to test Earle as well.
What  :o that's crazy talk nobody's going to test Earle Girls or Boys ::)

HYPERPIPER

stop 25 and 23 on foreman and you shut the whole team down

RedWolf275

Quote from: keohog on March 02, 2016, 04:13:01 pm
What  :o that's crazy talk nobody's going to test Earle Girls or Boys ::)

Lol!!

Mustangfans

England scored 90% of their points off of turnovers. That is the reason they beat Tuckerman so bad. Tuckerman didn't have a good ball handler. Roe is gonna take England to school. I'm pickin Earle by 18!!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Mustangfans on March 02, 2016, 06:25:26 pm
England scored 90% of their points off of turnovers. That is the reason they beat Tuckerman so bad. Tuckerman didn't have a good ball handler. Roe is gonna take England to school. I'm pickin Earle by 18!!

Defense never has anything to do with turnovers...never

Bigditchlion

Tell that to some of the teams we have beat that don't turn the ball over. Defense and pressure has a lot to do with what england does but hitting shots has more to the W total. When Our girls hit the 3 then watch out because they have several that can shoot lights out. Can't guard just one!

Mustangfans

Quote from: HF on March 02, 2016, 06:31:45 pm
Defense never has anything to do with turnovers...never
Ok, let me rephrase that. England's defense forced Tuckerman to make bad pass decisions.

bdubyab60

I'll say this. One player is not going to guard Roe. No other team in our region has a player like her. You can say what you want about England's D. But you do not want Roe one on one or let her in the open floor. She will make you look stupid.

I'm not saying England won't win, I'm not saying Roe is going to win the game single handily. But you are not going to force her in to easy turnovers. Watched her dribble through presses and man defense like they are pee wee teams.

Believe me, don't believe but you will see. You won't get many turnovers off of her.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Mustangfans on March 02, 2016, 06:53:57 pm
Ok, let me rephrase that. England's defense forced Tuckerman to make bad pass decisions.

Just giving you a hard time.....lol

Mustangfans

Mustangfans

Quote from: bdubyab60 on March 02, 2016, 07:03:07 pm
I'll say this. One player is not going to guard Roe. No other team in our region has a player like her. You can say what you want about England's D. But you do not want Roe one on one or let her in the open floor. She will make you look stupid.

I'm not saying England won't win, I'm not saying Roe is going to win the game single handily. But you are not going to force her in to easy turnovers. Watched her dribble through presses and man defense like they are pee wee teams.

Believe me, don't believe but you will see. You won't get many turnovers off of her.
Also, she has 4 solid teammates that are no slackers either. Without Roe a Earle vs England game would be a close game. With her a double digit win. Maybe England was holding back today and didn't show their real hand. Anything can happen though. Cross County proved that today.

BigLion10

Didn't have to show too much today since we got most of our points off of TOs

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas