• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Razorback Basketball 2016-2017

Started by WPWells, November 12, 2016, 09:49:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

beach bum

Quote from: bigworm on March 12, 2017, 06:17:17 pm
Wont matter. He will be a millionare before the realize it. Hahaha.

That money won't help him guard the top 5 shooting guards in the NBA.....

AirWarren

Quote from: itdontcare on March 12, 2017, 03:51:10 pm
How can you talk trash, you non athletic horn blowing band nerd!

Haha.

I wouldn't know what a musical instrument if you handed it to me.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: beach bum on March 12, 2017, 06:36:01 pm
you won't make millions in the D league after three years.

beach bum

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 12, 2017, 08:25:10 pm
you won't make millions in the D league after three years.

His scoring ability is too high to ever fall that far.... He won't ever be an elite player in the NBA though like his fans think he will be though. He is just a scorer. He doesn't make the players around him better though which is what separates the best from the rest.

mack

Excellent points beach bum....

I just hope we don't forget his actions and welcome him back to Arkansas.

He's no Keith Jackson....

mack

Quote from: AirWarren on March 12, 2017, 07:09:08 pm
Haha.

I wouldn't know what a musical instrument if you handed it to me.

Well, if you're ever interested, I teach guitar😜

AirWarren

Quote from: mack on March 12, 2017, 08:44:24 pm
Well, if you're ever interested, I teach guitar😜

Playing like synyster Gates of avenged sevenfold would be awesome...

Ha

mack

Quote from: AirWarren on March 12, 2017, 09:45:07 pm
Playing like synyster Gates of avenged sevenfold would be awesome...

Ha

I'm not a miracle worker😉

LRRandy

Quote from: ricepig on March 12, 2017, 08:02:36 am
Bert, such childish bravado from a Suckeye fan...... ;D
so you counter with childish bravado of your own. I see. I would say you are more brave being that my statement of your coaches inability to compete is accurate.

ricepig

Quote from: LRRandy on March 13, 2017, 08:12:16 am
so you counter with childish bravado of your own. I see. I would say you are more brave being that my statement of your coaches inability to compete is accurate.

Our "coaches" can compete, thus our nice ranking in the Director's Cup.

mack

March 13, 2017, 09:19:16 am #560 Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 09:22:25 am by mack
Dang it..... what are these carpet bagging Yankees doing down here anyway....

Trump ought to build the wall along the Mason Dixon line. 

beach bum

Quote from: ricepig on March 13, 2017, 08:22:16 am

He is talking about our football coach who can not compete. He is stuck 10 years in the past with his style that can not win anymore. The game is revolutionizing and Bert isn't adapting.

LRRandy

Quote from: ricepig on March 13, 2017, 08:22:16 am
yea gymnastics! Way to go track! Those coaches do well to pull up the directors cup ranking since the football coach doesn't hold up his end of the bargain.

ricepig

March 13, 2017, 09:56:37 am #563 Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 10:02:13 am by ricepig
Quote from: LRRandy on March 13, 2017, 09:44:09 am
yea gymnastics! Way to go track! Those coaches do well to pull up the directors cup ranking since the football coach doesn't hold up his end of the bargain.

Well, if you're going to argue, try and learn to do it correctly. "Coaches" is plural, or was it as a noun?

ricepig

March 13, 2017, 09:58:53 am #564 Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 10:01:07 am by ricepig
Quote from: beach bum on March 13, 2017, 09:34:24 am
He is talking about our football coach who can not compete. He is stuck 10 years in the past with his style that can not win anymore. The game is revolutionizing and Bert isn't adapting.

He shouldn't have used the plural of coach, or was it as a noun?  MA is stuck in a system that won a NC 23 years ago, correct?

mack

Randy suffers from Bucknut withdrawal syndrome.  He needs to retire and move back to Columbus.

ricepig

If Bielema doesn't win a sufficient number of games by year 6, there will be a change, that's been understood by most. Everyone deserves 6 years, right? I guess Jimmy didn't, but he was going to have a hard time filling a roster at the rate it was going this season.

LRRandy

Quote from: ricepig on March 13, 2017, 09:56:37 am
Well, if you're going to argue, try and learn to do it correctly. "Coaches" is plural, or was it as a noun?
i guess I would resort to being a grammar nazi too if I didn't care to defend the mediocrity of my football coach. I mean, you have to try to win something, don't you ricepig.

ricepig

Quote from: LRRandy on March 13, 2017, 10:52:25 am
i guess I would resort to being a grammar nazi too if I didn't care to defend the mediocrity of my football coach. I mean, you have to try to win something, don't you ricepig.

I guess you didn't read this......
Quote from: ricepig on March 13, 2017, 10:47:31 am
If Bielema doesn't win a sufficient number of games by year 6, there will be a change, that's been understood by most. Everyone deserves 6 years, right? I guess Jimmy didn't, but he was going to have a hard time filling a roster at the rate it was going this season.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: beach bum on March 12, 2017, 06:36:01 pm

You don't necessarily have to guard to play in the NBA. See James Harden. But I digress...

Monk has the ability to be a great scorer in the NBA. But has been pointed out here, he has no heart and is only out for himself. Zero leadership abilities and definitely not a team player. He's cool win or lose as long as he gets his points.

beach bum

March 13, 2017, 11:19:31 am #570 Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 11:22:50 am by beach bum

No, if we go 5-7 or 6-6 next year he has had enough time.... bye bye. That means he will only win 2 or 3 games against meaningful competition next year if we go 5-7 or 6-6. He has 3 given wins against Coastal Carolina, Florida A&M, and New Mexico State. Those three teams could combine rosters and should not beat us so he must go 4-5 at least in the remaining meaningful games to it even remotely be considered a half way respectable year. 6-6 is never acceptable for any major program when 3 cupcakes are on the schedule every year.

ricepig

Quote from: beach bum on March 13, 2017, 11:19:31 am
No, if we go 5-7 or 6-6 next year he has had enough time.... bye bye. That means he will only win 2 or 3 games against meaningful competition next year if we go 5-7 or 6-6. He has 3 given wins against Coastal Carolina, Florida A&M, and New Mexico State. Those three teams could combine rosters and should not beat us so he must go 4-5 at least in the remaining meaningful games to it even remotely be considered a half way respectable year. 6-6 is never acceptable for any major program when 3 cupcakes are on the schedule every year.

Well, you'll just have to moron for another season.

LRRandy

Quote from: ricepig on March 13, 2017, 12:23:52 pm
and unfortunately the fan base will have to muddle through the mire of mediocrity for another year.

beach bum

Quote from: ricepig on March 13, 2017, 12:23:52 pm

The definition of a moron is getting the same negative result over and over and not wanting to change anything so the shoe fits for you apparently. You only called me a moron because you know you support a loser who won't ever win more than 8 games maximum in a year in the regular season. Have fun wasting your money for another year. I'd rather wipe my butt with 75 bucks than pay that to watch mediocre football for one game.

beach bum

Quote from: LRRandy on March 13, 2017, 04:04:48 pm
and unfortunately the fan base will have to muddle through the mire of mediocrity for another year.

He will ride a loser to the grave....

ricepig

Quote from: beach bum on March 13, 2017, 04:08:46 pm
The definition of a moron is getting the same negative result over and over and not wanting to change anything so the shoe fits for you apparently. You only called me a moron because you know you support a loser who won't ever win more than 8 games maximum in a year in the regular season. Have fun wasting your money for another year. I'd rather wipe my butt with 75 bucks than pay that to watch mediocre football for one game.

Type in b i t c h, it comes out as moron on the filter. I didn't call you anything, I said that's what you'll do for another season. Seeing how we haven't average over 8 wins a season since joining the SEC that's not bad, lol. Lucky for me, I'll never notice the money. I've been going to games since 1967, I'm not going to stop now.

ricepig

Quote from: beach bum on March 13, 2017, 04:09:29 pm
He will ride a loser to the grave....

Nope, I'm just not from the me now group, it sometimes takes time, and sometimes, it doesn't work out. We'll know for sure in two more years.

mack

Quote from: ricepig on March 13, 2017, 04:18:18 pm
Nope, I'm just not from the me now group, it sometimes takes time, and sometimes, it doesn't work out. We'll know for sure in two more years.

Yup.....

AirWarren

What do ya know. A razorback thread taking a turn for the worst haha

Lumberjackfan1978

it used to be five years didn't it

AirWarren

Mike Anderson going after "dick" vitale. I like it.

ricepig

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on March 13, 2017, 11:10:25 pm
it used to be five years didn't it

I was told he was "promised" 6 years when he was hired, I guess we're a little slower in Arkansas.......

LRRandy

Quote from: AirWarren on March 14, 2017, 08:11:46 am
Mike Anderson going after "dick" vitale. I like it.
I agree. They need to put Vitale out to pasture.

ricepig

So, back to basketball, will "one and done" satisfy your requirements for this year? For me, it was always, make the tournament this year, so yeah, just barely.

Redwolves8526

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on March 13, 2017, 11:05:27 am
You don't necessarily have to guard to play in the NBA. See James Harden. But I digress...

Monk has the ability to be a great scorer in the NBA. But has been pointed out here, he has no heart and is only out for himself. Zero leadership abilities and definitely not a team player. He's cool win or lose as long as he gets his points.

Not true. He is a team player.

zebradynasty

Mike has more than done what is necessary to keep his job. In fact the talk that he may be on the seat was dumb and it hurts the program. The coach from Vandy deserves a lot credit and he deserves COY. But MA would be a strong second!

Monk will be have a decent pro career. He will learn to play better defense as it's not that he can't he's never had to. I don't wish him bad luck even though how he did Arkansas was crappy! IMO he's burned too many bridges even if he develops into like a NBA-All Star very few here will forgive him.

mack

He lacks heart.  He won't make those around him better.   He'll score some points and  be a defensive liability.  Defense takes heart.

He will make millions.  Gotta give him that.

smallybells

March 14, 2017, 11:19:57 am #587 Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 01:42:34 pm by smallybells
Quote from: LRRandy on March 14, 2017, 09:33:46 am
I agree. They need to put Vitale out to pasture.

I concur. Dick Vitale is the Lee Corso of college basketball, the only difference being is that Corso has figured out it is about time to hang it up and relax. Dickie V on the other hand still feels his rambling on national TV is somehow relevant.

Redwolves8526

Quote from: mack on March 14, 2017, 10:50:02 am
He lacks heart.  He won't make those around him better.   He'll score some points and  be a defensive liability.  Defense takes heart.

He will make millions.  Gotta give him that.

How do you know the kid doesn't have heart? Lol

SUGARTOWN

AirWarren

BannerMountainMan

Redwolves8526

Quote from: AirWarren on March 14, 2017, 04:01:38 pm
Let the little puppy fan be.

I support a kid from Arkansas. Just because he didn't go to your choice of school doesn't mean the people who support him are puppy fans. Do I root for Kentucky over U of A? No, I really couldn't care less. But it's ignorant for people to get on here and say he has no heart, doesn't play hard, isn't a team player, etc.

This would not be the conversation if he played for Arkansas. This is comical

Redwolves8526

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on March 15, 2017, 09:30:36 am
When Arkansas makes the Sweet 16 again

Shouldn't you be worried about finding a coach who doesn't leave after one year?

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on March 15, 2017, 09:30:36 am
When Arkansas makes the Sweet 16 again
i was talking about you and Malik's date since your stuck up his butt

bdubyab60

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 15, 2017, 10:55:56 am
i was talking about you and Malik's date since your stuck up his butt
Most of you are more truly upset by him. Go get some counseling.

Im just about positive if Monk had done everything for the Hogs that he has done at Kentucky none of you would be talking crap. As far as the pros who knows. The kid can score and the NBA likes that. The good news is we will only have to face him for this one year, probably.

He didn't choose us and never was going too, maybe if our program had been in better shape. Hes on a title contender, will be a lottery pick and all of you will still be griping about it and downing the kid.

ricepig

Quote from: bdubyab60 on March 15, 2017, 11:11:13 am
Most of you are more truly upset by him. Go get some counseling.

Im just about positive if Monk had done everything for the Hogs that he has done at Kentucky none of you would be talking crap. As far as the pros who knows. The kid can score and the NBA likes that. The good news is we will only have to face him for this one year, probably.

He didn't choose us and never was going too, maybe if our program had been in better shape. Hes on a title contender, will be a lottery pick and all of you will still be griping about it and downing the kid.

Truthfully, most can understand Malik, what they don't appreciate is what Marcus did. I realize Marcus was just taking care of himself, but he used his connections and didn't do it honestly.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: ricepig on March 15, 2017, 11:24:01 am
Truthfully, most can understand Malik, what they don't appreciate is what Marcus did. I realize Marcus was just taking care of himself, but he used his connections and didn't do it honestly.
oh we understand what he did, but what is bad is asking for donations and stuff while fans thinking he was going to Ark but them two knew the whole time.

bdubyab60

Quote from: ricepig on March 15, 2017, 11:24:01 am
I cannot deny that. But the hate needs to be directed accordingly one would think. I as a Hog fan knew from the beginning, around 8th grade where he was going. I did hear rumors of a Nike school. But many on here and another board didn't believe me when I said where he was going and for folks not to get their hopes up. Now the folks that forked over $$$$ have a reason to be mad. But college recruiting is a cutthroat business and I would say there was attempts to use on both sides.

Marcus to get his name out there and whatever other benefits. And NWA to get the services of his brother to take that risk, in return.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas