• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

>>>>5A SCORES FRIDAY<<<<

Started by Brian G, March 07, 2014, 12:23:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian G

Titan Spirit

you there today alma to give us updates?

AT

I meant to post this yesterday but I can't give updates until after 3 sorry

Titan Spirit

via twitter
girls
PA 41 Dequeen 20 at half....anyone there that can post updates it would be appreciated

Titan Spirit

Titan Spirit

Titan Spirit

wiseman3

AB™

AB™

AB™

AB™

I'm going to eat during the White Hall/Jacksonville girls game so I may only have a final score update.

Lionheart88

Boo.

I got people there, if I hear from them I'll post it.

Lionheart88

28-28 at the half between White Hall and Jacksonille.

Lionheart88

Jacksonville leads 48-37 after 3.

AT

March 07, 2014, 08:57:20 pm #15 Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 09:26:14 pm by Almatrackster
Pulaski Academy is VERY well coached. They ran a zone defense against CF tonight to perfection. I expect we'll see much of the same against Clarksville.

PA has two very good players (#11 and #5) and everyone else knows their role to a T. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see the upset for the Bruins against Clarksville.

AB™

Jacksonville girls won 68-57.

Track15

score to Watson Chapel/McClellan game?

AT

Boys

Watson Chapel - 18
McClellan - 17

end of 1st

AB™

Watson Chapel - 34
LR McClellan - 31

HALF

McClellan starts two 9th graders and one 10th grader. Both teams are very talented and well coached.

Lionheart88

Chapel starts a freshman as well I think.  I know they've got one who plays a lot, even if he doesn't start.

AB™

March 07, 2014, 10:16:03 pm #21 Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 10:18:40 pm by AB™
Watson Chapel - 38
McClellan - 49

End of 3rd

Turnover city for Chapel in the 3rd. Had a 37-31 lead then turned the ball over probably 5 or 6 straight turnovers and McClellan went on an 18-1 run to close the quarter.  Seriously, WC had probably a 10 possession stretch where they turned it over 8 or 9 times.  McClellan's press ate them alive.

Titan Spirit

Elvis Hoggoblin

Lionheart88

PB Commercial twitter says McClellan 73, WC 60, Final.

AB™

Sorry, I thought I had posted a late game update before I left.  I was walking out and typing it up on my phone as I left and I guess I just forgot to click "Post" when I was done.  I left with about 2:00 to go and McClellan had a 16 or 17 point lead.  Watson Chapel never really made a run in the 4th. 

How did McClellan only finish 3rd in their conference?  I thought maybe after Alma's showing against Forrest City that the West was the best conference, but after seeing PA and McClellan today, I actually think maybe the Central is the best conference since I know Jacksonville is supposed to be pretty good, too.  And I guess after seeing PA today I can see how they maybe are/were better than McClellan but I thought McClellan had more talent and was a lot deeper than PA.  And maybe this was just a one game thing, but after seeing him tonight, I have to think #20 for McClellan (Andre Jones) is already or will start to get some looks from some D1 schools.  I mean a 6'3" guard who's just a 10th grader?  The kid can really play.  They may not win state this year, but given how young McClellan is, I have to think they'll be among the favorites the next couple of years to win state. 

Complete Biased PoV

The Central is a tough conference.  PA split with both Jacksonville and McClellan.  #11 and #5 for PA are very good and #5 is only a Soph.  The other guys most definitely know their role.  Crazy thing about yesterday's game, PA only had 3-4 3pt attempts, which is very uncharacteristic.

AT

Quote from: Complete Biased PoV on March 08, 2014, 01:49:35 pm
The Central is a tough conference.  PA split with both Jacksonville and McClellan.  #11 and #5 for PA are very good and #5 is only a Soph.  The other guys most definitely know their role.  Crazy thing about yesterday's game, PA only had 3-4 3pt attempts, which is very uncharacteristic.

From what I've heard, the Bruins can knock down the 3 pointer with the best of them, but no one could contain #11 and #5 so they didn't need to.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas