• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All tournament teams

Started by neds, January 01, 2011, 04:40:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

neds

How is this information released/obtained for the holiday tournaments?
Sure would be a good way to keep up w/the top players around the state.

Brian G

All tournament teams are based only for the the 2 or 3 games in that particular event.  Not all tournaments name one when it's over.  Now the custom seems to be that the winning team gets 3 with the MVP, the runner-up gets 2 and all the others get one player named.

Also, it's become more common for each coach to pick his on representatives.  Though there are some tournaments that take up ballots from coaches and media that have been there the entire event.

However, with less media coverage occuring nowadays it's typically a coach pick deal.

I like when coaches vote on all the players.  But more often than not coaches don't see all the other teams and are not qualified to vote due to this new wave of mixing girls and boys together with every other game being boy/girl/boy/girl.  In that format, many coaches just can't see every game in order to have an informed vote.

neds

Is there a source for the info?

Brian G

Quote from: neds on January 01, 2011, 06:20:49 pm
Is there a source for the info?

You need to be more specific as to which event.  But the answer is the host team/school for each event is the source.  There is no centralized source that compiles that data for all tournaments.

neds

ricepig

Some tournaments have a committee, some have the coaches vote, and some use the media. As BG said, almost all are different with numbers, voting, who gets what. I've found that most coaches don't want to choose the players off their team, but when you ask them to choose between to players they always do. It's like most all-something teams, somebody who deserves to be on it will get left off.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas