• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shot Clock

Started by JacketBB, October 25, 2010, 08:46:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JacketBB

I understand that some states have a shot clock for high school.  Sounds like a fun idea to me.  What do we have to do to get it for Arkansas?

TacoFranco

I would love it. I go to alot of games around the state and watch alot of high school basketball and see alot of team hold the ball the last 2 min of the game with a 5 or so point lead wich could change the whole outlook of the game if there was a shoot clock. I love the idea of a shoot clock in high shcool.

AJS

I agree with the idea of a shot clock. For all of the guys that have ever played high school basketball, you know how it feels to be down 4 or 5, still very in to a game, and have the other team hold the ball for the last 2 minutes. It is not fun.

Bergman1820

I think it would be good also. You lose a minute of every quarter by teams holding the ball and then taking the last shot. I would like to see those extra 2 or 3 possesions each period.

johnharrison

Quote from: AJS on December 02, 2010, 10:12:57 am
I agree with the idea of a shot clock. For all of the guys that have ever played high school basketball, you know how it feels to be down 4 or 5, still very in to a game, and have the other team hold the ball for the last 2 minutes. It is not fun.

Yeah, it's much more fun to spend a whole game watching a bunch of 17% 3 point shooters, throwing up an off balance shot every 40 seconds.

Billyo62

1977----Final Score 6-4... One team got the ball and just stood there, the whole game, it was 4-2 at half time...The team that won that game 2 days later won 105 to 19... ;)

johnharrison

You may have made my point.  Here is a game that a shot-clock could have made a 80-20 mercy rule blow out.

Instead, you remember it 33 years later.
Like Molly says in Tin Cup,  "Who cares if you lost.  It's immortal"

Billyo62

Quote from: johnharrison on December 17, 2010, 03:33:42 pm
You may have made my point.  Here is a game that a shot-clock could have made a 80-20 mercy rule blow out.

Instead, you remember it 33 years later.
Like Molly says in Tin Cup,  "Who cares if you lost.  It's immortal"

It was unbelievable Ray-South actually sat down on the court for almost an entire Quarter...

JacketBB

How about experimenting with it at the All Star game?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas