• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mountain Home Sends 4 to the All-Star game.

Started by SingleWingGuru, February 02, 2006, 02:19:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SingleWingGuru

February 02, 2006, 02:19:04 pm Last Edit: February 02, 2006, 02:22:32 pm by Jeremy2653
Shane Patrick-  Will coach beneath Frank McClellan

Defensive back- Kevin Plumlee

Center- Anthony Gower

Punter- Zach Proctor

http://www.baxterbulletin.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060202/SPORTS/602020318/1006

"It's just unbelievable to have three players in the football game," added MHHS Athletics Director Janet Wood. "Two is actually the maximum, but we have a third because Zach Proctor is such a good punter. It's a reward for a great season."

Who else is going from the 6A?  And where can we get a roster?

Patrick will spend the week working under retiring Barton head coach Frank McClellan, one of the winningest high school football coaches in history. McClellan has led Barton to eight state championships and a national record 111-game regular-season winning streak.

McClellan left Barton with a 367-59-3 record and is one of only eight Arkansans to be inducted into the National High School Hall of Fame by the National Federation of State High School Association.

"What a great honor," said Wood. "He (Patrick) gets to be an assistant for Frank McClellan, who is the winningest high school football coach in the state of Arkansas. McClellan is in the Sports Hall of Fame, so he's had a phenomenal career."

I'd like to say it once again, since it hasn't been said enough... Frank McClellan is Bad-A!

mhhsjd4

Congratulations to these guys and all the other guys around the state who made it!!

oldfootballfan

Great honor for the kids from Mountain Home, but how can the AAA justify this action.  Last year's LR Central team had at least 6 kids that deserved to be All Stars, due to the rules only 2 were taken excluding player's like Micky Dean and Kevin Thornton!!!  With Mountain Home getting 2 does this mean Springdale will place say 6 or 8 kids? 
They definitly have that many that deserve the honor!

SingleWingGuru

Quote from: oldfootballfan on February 02, 2006, 10:29:55 pm
Great honor for the kids from Mountain Home, but how can the AAA justify this action.  Last year's LR Central team had at least 6 kids that deserved to be All Stars, due to the rules only 2 were taken excluding player's like Micky Dean and Kevin Thornton!!!  With Mountain Home getting 2 does this mean Springdale will place say 6 or 8 kids? 
They definitly have that many that deserve the honor!

The limit is two...

It is my understanding the selection committee selected 3 punters all of which had prior obligations or did not want to participate.... i would suspect soccer?  i dunno...

either way, they were in a bind and he is going.

Wish someone could verify the reasoning behind this.

JvilleDevils

Congrats to the MH kids....say hi to Neely from JAX.

WBF †

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas