• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PA will be bigger and better than Catholic sometime after 2008

Started by hornet2, February 01, 2006, 11:41:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hornet2

I almost fell out of my seat at church when our pastor announced that Pulaski Academy was going to pay around 19 million to buy our church property and buildings at Fellowship Bible Church. That means PA will now have around 30 million dollars tied up in buildings and that will give them more assets and property than Catholic High has. It is obvious that PA is not going to be hurt by the multiplier at all if they become the largest private school in Arkansas history. I can see the handwriting on the wall and PA is going to attempt to be bigger and better than Catholic High and that means they will be able to do like Christian Brothers Highschool and Brentwood have done in Tennessee and dominate highschool football at the highest level.

JLHB

Enrollment may increase in some areas of the school, but it is not going to increase substantially.

PA is growing more in square feet but not necessarily in enrollment. I doubt we get as big as Catholic/MSM.  That's not the current goal of the administration nor the reason for buying FBC.

hornet2

Quote from: JLHB on February 02, 2006, 01:51:24 pm
Enrollment may increase in some areas of the school, but it is not going to increase substantially.

PA is growing more in square feet but not necessarily in enrollment. I doubt we get as big as Catholic/MSM. That's not the current goal of the administration nor the reason for buying FBC.

That is not what the PA people I know are telling me.

mudturtle

Well I am glad they are buying it so I can drive to get coffee and donuts on Sunday morning without having that danged policeman stop me (going both ways) soooo sommmmmmmmme fammmmmiiillllllllyyyyyy   cannnnnnnnn sloooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwlllllllyyyy  waaaallllllllkkkk acrossss thhhhhhhhhhhhe parrrrrrkkkkkkinggggggggg lot and cross the street without waiting even 2 secs.

JLHB

Quote from: hornet2 on February 02, 2006, 10:33:44 pm

PA is growing more in square feet but not necessarily in enrollment. I doubt we get as big as Catholic/MSM. That's not the current goal of the administration nor the reason for buying FBC.

I'm only telling you what has been said in faculty meetings.  Take it or leave it.

Tony the Tiger

Quote from: hornet2 on February 02, 2006, 10:33:44 pm

Sounds like you know the wrong people....

PURPLEandGOLD66

Everyone has a bigger school/athletic program and facilities than Catholic, but i recall that we went 11-2 last year.....Hmmmmm and PA is like what -2A....oh, ok i gotcha!!

old timer

Tony the Tiger

Quote from: old timer on February 22, 2006, 06:56:59 am
PA would give Catholic all they want in 2007.
Are you talking about money? Catholic always accepts donations to the school. Very tight budget.

old timer

Im talking about on the field.  Catholic lost 20 starters and very few underclassmen touched the field in 2005.  PA returns Loucks, Green, Williams, and others.

Tony the Tiger

Quote from: old timer on February 22, 2006, 12:14:28 pm
Im talking about on the field. Catholic lost 20 starters and very few underclassmen touched the field in 2005. PA returns Loucks, Green, Williams, and others.
***************JOKE ALERT***************************

Tony the Tiger

Quote from: old timer on February 22, 2006, 12:38:22 pm
What an idiot.
You are the one who answered a joke seriously. Must be a self description. Go get the Geritol....

rocket62

catholic could just run the ball with dukes the whole game against pa and we would win at least 34-0

key_stone12

OLDGOLD

I almost fell off my bar stool, when the bartender told me, that PA will never even make it past 5A in enrollment, and if they do they will have a hardtime competing against real teams. Somebody Smite me! Please just don't be God.

Tony the Tiger

Quote from: OLDGOLD on March 13, 2006, 01:14:05 pm
I almost fell off my bar stool, when the bartender told me, that PA will never even make it past 5A in enrollment, and if they do they will have a hardtime competing against real teams. Somebody Smite me! Please just don't be God.
They showed they can play against anybody when they faced Springdale in 2003.

not ray

Quote from: Tony the Tiger on March 13, 2006, 01:43:15 pm

That was a close one at kickoff.

Tony the Tiger

Quote from: S.D. Jones on March 13, 2006, 02:01:02 pm
Quote from: Tony the Tiger on March 13, 2006, 01:43:15 pm

That was a close one at kickoff.
Imagine if they had played Central, Conway or West Memphis......we would have been in record breaking territory.

OLDGOLD

By the way I like private schools, just messing with you PA peoples. My kids went to Catholic schools through 9th grade.

Tony the Tiger

Quote from: OLDGOLD on March 13, 2006, 04:33:25 pm
By the way I like private schools, just messing with you PA peoples. My kids went to Catholic schools through 9th grade.
That's a totally different animal. The Catholic schools tend to take the high ground.

Tony the Tiger

Quote from: OLDGOLD on March 13, 2006, 06:25:03 pm
High like?High?
Catholic High isn't expensive and the coaching staffs don't get any favors from the administration. The Mount is expensive but again, the coaching staffs get NO favors.

OLDGOLD

Thanks Tony for the insight. Up here in NWA. Our only Catholic choices past 9th is Subiaco for boy's.

Tony the Tiger

Quote from: OLDGOLD on March 14, 2006, 09:23:16 am
Thanks Tony for the insight. Up here in NWA. Our only Catholic choices past 9th is Subiaco for boy's.
Same deal at Subiaco. It would sure be tough to be a recruiter for that place.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas