• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bentonville vs aledo(Tx)?

Started by tazz, February 03, 2018, 08:58:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

tazz

I heard Bentonville was playing playing Aledo in the BOB in Shreveport.

Anyone else heard  this?

Razorback Red

I haven't heard that, but hope it's true.  The Battle on the Border is a great event and that would be a matchup of two great programs. 

I will try to confirm. 

Reddies75

If it's true...I'm calling a 28 point spread in favor of aledo. And that may be too nice haha.

tazz

February 03, 2018, 10:47:08 am #3 Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 10:48:52 am by tazz
I hope so too.  I think it's be a great matchup.
I haven't seen much of Bentonville the last couple years,
I saw a lot of them between 10-14.  Those were really stout teams. 

I'm not that familiar with Aledo  next year, but I think they're
supposed to be pretty next year.

Razorback Red

Aledo is generally always pretty strong.  They are one of the top 5A programs in TX, and most years of late could compete with many of the top-tier 6A programs.  Aledo lost this past season in the 5AD2 title game, 20-19. Different level overall in TX, but if I were to compare Aledo's success in TX to an AR school I would use GW.  2nd largest class, but Coaching and athletes to compete with highest class.  Just to be clear, I am not saying GW is at the level of Aledo, just simply offering an AR vs TX comparison of their success. 

Bentonville is still one of the strongest programs in AR, but not quite what they were before the split.  If this game ends up happening, It would take a very good game by BHS to pull this one out. 

tazz

Looking around, the only info I could find is for 2107.  It looks like the team's for last year were announced around mid summer.  I heard this on the nationall board. Those guys usually have pretty good  info.

Hope this game happens.

TigerHawg

According to aledoisd.org (district website) it is an official match up against Bentonville in Shreveport.

Razorback Red

This game is now officially scheduled for Sat, Sept 8 at 3pm in Shreveport. 

Two great programs, looking forward to a battle. 

NLR also plays in Shreveport on Fri, Sept 7 at 8:30pm vs Shreveport Evangel. 

Good luck to both AR programs!!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas