• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Week 0 - Nashville vs Watson Chapel

Started by ~WPS~, August 14, 2018, 10:38:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

~WPS~

Nashville Scrappers vs. Watson Chapel Wildcats
War Memorial Stadium, Little Rock, AR
August 20, 2018 @ 7:30 PM

Video:  http://www.nfhsnetwork.com/schools/nashville-high-school-nashville-ar
Audio:  www.southwestarkansasradio.com

Nashville Scrappers
Head Coach:  Mike Volarvich
Record at Nashville:  34-5 (4th Year)
Offense:  Multiple
Defense:  3-4
2017 Record:  8-4
2017 Conf. Record:  5-2 (3rd 7-4A)
2017 Playoffs:  1-1 (2nd Round)
2017 PPG Scored:  43.1
2017 PPG Allowed:  25.9
Returning Starters:  5 offense / 5 defense

Watson Chapel Wildcats
Head Coach:  Jared Dutton
Record at Watson Chapel:  25-21 (5th Year)
Offense:  Spread
Defense:  4-3
2017 Record:  8-3
2017 Conf. Record:  7-0 (1st 5A South)
2017 Playoffs:  0-1 (1st Round)
2017 PPG Scored:  31.4
2017 PPG Allowed:  17.9
Returning Starters:  8 offense / 8 defense

Top Returners
Passing
Nashville:  Jake Moorer - 6/8, 78 yards, 1 TD
WC:  Devin Curry - 59/114, 623 yards, 8 TD, 1 INT

Rushing
Nashville:  Carmillias Morrison - 85-550 yards, 11 TD
WC:  Devin Curry - 136-759 yards, 6 TD

Receiving
Nashville:  Levester Gillard - 21-317 yards, 2 TD
WC:  Berkarian Black - 24-256 yards, 5 TD

Tackles
Nashville:  Jordan White - 129 tackles
WC:  Lekevion Winston - 55 tackles

Sacks
Nashville:  Darren May - 4 sacks
WC:  Keandre Kendal - 4 sacks

Interceptions
Nashville:  Jamarta Gilliam - 3 INT
WC:  Javeon Jackson -5 INT

Series History
All-Time:  Nashville 3-1
Last Meeting:  September 18, 2015 (Nashville won 69-48)
First Meeting:  September 15, 2012 (Watson Chapel won 30-28)

bulldoghistorian

Based on what I saw from Chapel tonight, Nashville wins this one.

OrangeCrush.

A lot of sophomores going to be starting their first high school game next Monday.  Tons of young players everywhere in the two deep.  Nashville looked pretty good Monday against El Dorado, defense especially.  Still a lot of unknown about this team.

scrapman

Watson Chapel is returning a bunch of all conference defensive players and 8 starters off of a defense that allowed 17 ppg last year. Nashville had to replace all of their offensive production from last year loosing 6 seniors. This will be an interesting matchup. Kind of worried about 16 returning starters off of a team that was undefeated in their conference last year. We will see.

zebrafan

There top WR is at PB now, I'll be checking this game out!

scrapman

Quote from: zebrafan on August 15, 2018, 09:00:09 pm
There top WR is at PB now, I'll be checking this game out!
Which one was that?

zebrafan

OrangeCrush.

The game will be on TV. KARZ out of Little Rock will broadcast it along with the other 103.7 Buzz games.

GuvHog

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on August 14, 2018, 11:50:10 pm
Based on what I saw from Chapel tonight, Nashville wins this one.

The Cats do have some work to do this week. Star City's TD pass caught the Cats by surprise and caught Chapel's DBs sleeping on the job. The DC chewed them out pretty good for not paying attention.

~WPS~

Lots of ways to catch this game.

To watch:
TV - KARZ (Little Rock)
Online - 103.7 The Buzz (Facebook Live), NFHS Network (Nashville)

To Listen:
103.7 The Buzz (Little Rock), 99.5 (southwestarkansasradio.com)

Or of course you could actually go to it.

Sports Guru

I may listen to this one seems to have potential to be a good game. Good luck to both teams an hope for a injury free night tomorrow!

Lumberjackfan1978

I'll be watching this game.Ready to get the season underway

scrapman

Any WC fans out there. How will y'all travel?  Think there will be a good fan support?

Digger#23

WC wins this game tonight. Could be wrong could be right.  We will see.  Definitely going to listen to the game though.  Good luck to both teams.

zebrafan

AirWarren

Digger#23

How many fumbles does WC have? Got to be 5+

zebrafan

Quote from: AirWarren on August 20, 2018, 10:48:43 pm
It's awful.

Chapel coaching. Abysmal.
Omg I know right!😬 they have to change....whew it's gonna be horrible when they PB.

zebrafan

AirWarren

Quote from: zebrafan on August 20, 2018, 10:52:48 pm
Omg I know right!😬 they have to change....whew it's gonna be horrible when they PB.

Nashville brings their entire rush up the middle, so let's run a draw. Had one big play on a slant....so let's run a slant every other play.

OrangeCrush.

Ugly game but got the W to start the year. Defense was impressive and helped out the offense having QB1 out. Clean up the mistakes and should be a pretty good year.

zebrafan

Quote from: AirWarren on August 20, 2018, 10:55:35 pm
Nashville brings their entire rush up the middle, so let's run a draw. Had one big play on a slant....so let's run a slant every other play.
I spent half the game confused and half the game laughing.

zebradynasty

Treason756

Radio Broadcast said WC ended up with 7 total fumbles with 4 being lost

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: Treason756 on August 20, 2018, 11:08:02 pm
Radio Broadcast said WC ended up with 7 total fumbles with 4 being lost
3 of them deep in Nashville territory.

polksalet

Kudos to the new nashville dc. That's best I've seen the d look since 2015. That oline tho. At the end of the day winning is all that matters.

Lumberjackfan1978

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: zebrafan on August 20, 2018, 10:58:02 pm
I spent half the game confused and half the game laughing.
Did you see Dway running their qb from the huddle to the sideline every play? Kid must have ran 15 miles.

zebrafan

Quote from: Oldman on August 21, 2018, 06:23:54 am
Did you see Dway running their qb from the huddle to the sideline every play? Kid must have ran 15 miles.
I missed that game! How bad was it?

AirWarren

August 21, 2018, 08:12:33 am #29 Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 08:14:42 am by AirWarren
Quote from: zebrafan on August 21, 2018, 07:52:30 am
I missed that game! How bad was it?

I never would have throught I would see a team like Dollarway look so inept in my life. Like, it literally floors me.

zebrafan

Quote from: AirWarren on August 21, 2018, 08:12:33 am
I never would have through I would see a team like Dollarway look so inept in my life. Like, it literally floors me.
Me either 😓

Gray lizard

Dollarway was painful to watch.
I thought the Nashville WC game was fun to watch.  I saw a lot of first game mistakes on both sides.  Nashville played up very well.
WC could develop into a good team.  They have good size and plenty of skill players. It sure was fun getting to watch a game. 
Thanks to the folks that put it on the TV for all to view.

zebradynasty

Quote from: AirWarren on August 21, 2018, 08:12:33 am
I never would have throught I would see a team like Dollarway look so inept in my life. Like, it literally floors me.

Believe it or not...Dollarway looked worse or at least just as bad the last couple of years. I might be the only one to believe it but to me I think this coach might rebuild the program. It's just now he's got so far to go and very limited resources but with the move down in class and the coaching change I can see them being competitive WITHIN their classification in year 2 or 3. I doubt we'll ever see the Dollarway that once dominated nearly everyone but they can at least be competitive again. They have no business playing teams that are state title contenders that are 2 classes larger!

AirWarren

Quote from: zebradynasty on August 21, 2018, 12:42:54 pm
Believe it or not...Dollarway looked worse or at least just as bad the last couple of years. I might be the only one to believe it but to me I think this coach might rebuild the program. It's just now he's got so far to go and very limited resources but with the move down in class and the coaching change I can see them being competitive WITHIN their classification in year 2 or 3. I doubt we'll ever see the Dollarway that once dominated nearly everyone but they can at least be competitive again. They have no business playing teams that are state title contenders that are 2 classes larger!

I don't know man. His kids looked completely unprepared. But I'll take your word for it.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

I thought the O and D line for WC has horrible. Both offenses were evenly matched but man, those Scrappers on D swarmed to the football. They looked small but they went and made tackles. I might have been leaning towards the WC side until they showed a little lack of character early in the game. After that it was all orange and black as usual. I was also impressed by how hard and fast Nashville hit the hole on kickoff return. Think they'll house a few by the time this year is over.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: zebradynasty on August 21, 2018, 12:42:54 pm
Not buying

OrangeCrush.

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on August 21, 2018, 01:30:52 pm
I thought the O and D line for WC has horrible. Both offenses were evenly matched but man, those Scrappers on D swarmed to the football. They looked small but they went and made tackles. I might have been leaning towards the WC side until they showed a little lack of character early in the game. After that it was all orange and black as usual. I was also impressed by how hard and fast Nashville hit the hole on kickoff return. Think they'll house a few by the time this year is over.

I think everyone down here is excited about the new DC and scheme. The offense will get going more consistenly.  Started 4 or 5 on offense that had never started a Sr. high game before.  And interested to see the other QB play when he gets healthy.

scrapman

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on August 21, 2018, 01:30:52 pm
That WC O line was bad. The DL has 2 returning all staters and 2 other all conference guys on it. With that being said it looked like we pushed them around at times running the ball downhill. 

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: scrapman on August 21, 2018, 03:53:01 pm
That WC O line was bad. The DL has 2 returning all staters and 2 other all conference guys on it. With that being said it looked like we pushed them around at times running the ball downhill.
They certainly didn't play like it. Or that's my take.

zebrafan

Quote from: scrapman on August 21, 2018, 03:53:01 pm

They most certainly did, that's what surprised me the most!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas