• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Softball Openings?

Started by softballfan22, March 23, 2018, 10:54:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

softballfan22

Anyone know any softball jobs that might be opening after this season?

HorseFeathers

WHITEchicken

Didn't morrilton hire a new coach last year?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: WHITEchicken on April 06, 2018, 01:54:46 pm
Didn't morrilton hire a new coach last year?

Idk, current one was also an assistant football coach and he was named the new Head Football Coach at Hector a couple weeks back.

WHITEchicken

I thought I remembered that. I could be wrong. Would be a nice place to live. I don't know a lot about their softball program?

HorseFeathers

Looks like they're usually sub.500...but they're 16-8 this year

NEASPORTSFAN

he does a good job and has a good team. great pitcher. freshman.

Mulerider4Life

I'm sure Fountain Lake will be. They are terrible.

softballfan22

way2go

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on April 26, 2018, 03:49:29 pm
I'm sure Fountain Lake will be. They are terrible.

Baseball and softball success usually depends on players having played for many years prior to high school. Players in the really good programs play year round and have played since they were four years old. They take special batting and pitching instruction outside the school program. They are obsessed with playing ball. If that's not happening, changing coaches won't help.

NEASPORTSFAN

Quote from: way2go on April 28, 2018, 09:03:57 pm
Baseball and softball success usually depends on players having played for many years prior to high school. Players in the really good programs play year round and have played since they were four years old. They take special batting and pitching instruction outside the school program. They are obsessed with playing ball. If that's not happening, changing coaches won't help.
bingo

Mulerider4Life

NEASPORTSFAN

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: PioneerSoftball on May 09, 2018, 10:28:22 am
Dierks to Coach Basketball

Pioneer Softball, that's crazy! They have a great softball program!

leftymom

Ashdown has an opening that was just posted.

JacketFan

I heard today that H. Hawk is taking over the coaching duties for Softball and Volleyball at Palestine-Wheatley next season.  Can anyone verify this, or is this just a rumor?

softballfan22

Wouldn't be surprising at all. Had to hire her or they risk losing the Hawk sisters.

WHITEchicken

Blytheville and flippin both open.

HorseFeathers

So....
Bald Knob
Morrilton
Flippin
Blytheville
J.C Westside

WHITEchicken

HorseFeathers

Quote from: HorseFeathers on May 30, 2018, 10:44:23 am
So....
Bald Knob
Morrilton
Flippin
Blytheville
J.C Westside
Ashdown

WHITEchicken

HorseFeathers

Interestingcall

Quote from: HorseFeathers on May 31, 2018, 02:54:36 pm

[/quote
Morrilton has been open for a while. I figured it would have been filled by now.Is it just a bad place to work or just not very competitive?

HorseFeathers

I haven't seen one way or the other....I know it was attached to a football assistant position last couple years

NEASPORTSFAN

NEASPORTSFAN

Quote from: JAC08 on May 31, 2018, 07:13:26 pm
Quote from: HorseFeathers on May 31, 2018, 02:54:36 pm

[/quote
Morrilton has been open for a while. I figured it would have been filled by now.Is it just a bad place to work or just not very competitive?
Tough gig, attached to Alternative school teaching position.

PUDGEMVP99

Quote from: WHITEchicken on May 31, 2018, 03:18:58 pm
Carlisle just opened.

Carlisle athletics is a dumpster fire.  Their softball program does have some
Good young talent though.  Their coaches turnover is ridiculous.  Looks like an admin problem...

WHITEchicken

Carlisle did just get a new athletic director. Maybe they are looking to turn things around now.

PUDGEMVP99

Quote from: WHITEchicken on June 02, 2018, 10:33:40 am
Carlisle did just get a new athletic director. Maybe they are looking to turn things around now.

I saw that...sure hope so

razorbackrob

Carlisle is not a dumpster fire.  Head coach retired, DC got a job at Bald Knob (his Alma Mater), one had to part ways, and the last one had performance issues.  With that said, the softball talent looks bright at Carlisle, needing a good coach to take them to the next level.

softballfan22

Quote from: razorbackrob on June 13, 2018, 10:15:33 pm
Carlisle is not a dumpster fire.  Head coach retired, DC got a job at Bald Knob (his Alma Mater), one had to part ways, and the last one had performance issues.  With that said, the softball talent looks bright at Carlisle, needing a good coach to take them to the next level.

That may be true, but the softball coaching job is tied to football coaching. So that means they will find a football coach that will be forced to coach softball at a district like Carlisle. That is the unfortunate truth for most schools in Arkansas. Going to be hard to find a good softball coach.

NEASPORTSFAN

Lavaca head job open
Fouke assistant

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas