• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Baseball Coaching Jobs 2018-2019

Started by OB11, April 18, 2018, 01:36:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bondfan4ever

It is my understanding that Steven Tew, assistant coach at Bauxite, has been hired as the new Head Baseball Coach at Carlisle.

Nomad1324

So Westside, Brookland, and Gosnell all needing new coaches. That's a lot of turnover at the top of that old conference.

elvis26

:D trumann is also looking for a coach.

Big Dave

Quote from: Bondfan4ever on June 12, 2018, 09:41:54 pm
It is my understanding that Steven Tew, assistant coach at Bauxite, has been hired as the new Head Baseball Coach at Carlisle.
That is correct

Pantherdaddy

Quote from: Nomad1324 on June 14, 2018, 10:40:43 am
So Westside, Brookland, and Gosnell all needing new coaches. That's a lot of turnover at the top of that old conference.

Where did all those coaches go??

Nomad1324

Quote from: Pantherdaddy on June 15, 2018, 07:46:42 am
Where did all those coaches go??

Despain to Nettleton
No clue on Burnside or Moore

Informant

Hearing that Bill Taylor took over baseball at Brookland

Nomad1324

Quote from: Informant on June 19, 2018, 02:41:44 pm
Hearing that Bill Taylor took over baseball at Brookland

That's very interesting...wasn't he rumored for a couple basketball jobs in NEA?

JohnMarkTomayo

Quote from: RabidWolf on June 02, 2018, 11:48:35 pm
Genoa HC Trent Cox informed his players he is leaving for a position with FCA.

Who got the GC baseball job?

Informant

Quote from: Nomad1324 on June 19, 2018, 09:24:27 pm
That's very interesting...wasn't he rumored for a couple basketball jobs in NEA?

Rumored was about it.  I never heard of him even interviewing anywhere.

neaguru

Quote from: Nomad1324 on June 19, 2018, 09:24:27 pm
Did brooklands assistant coach not want it?

Nomad1324

Quote from: neaguru on June 22, 2018, 10:45:09 pm

Not sure. If he did, and didn't get it, wonder what the thinking was...

neaguru

Quote from: Nomad1324 on June 23, 2018, 01:58:17 pm
Not sure. If he did, and didn't get it, wonder what the thinking was...
He's been there for several years I believe, I would imagine that he would've been interested in it and applied for it. Do you know if he applied nomad?

Nomad1324

Quote from: neaguru on June 23, 2018, 11:07:08 pm
He's been there for several years I believe, I would imagine that he would've been interested in it and applied for it. Do you know if he applied nomad?

I don't know. Not sure how I would...but you're probably right. If he's been there a while it would seem likely.

neaguru

Quote from: Nomad1324 on June 24, 2018, 06:56:53 pm
I don't know. Not sure how I would...but you're probably right. If he's been there a while it would seem likely.
You just seem to be very knowledgeable about that conference by your posts so I didn't know if you are from there or from another school in that conference and had heard who all applied.

Informant

Quote from: neaguru on June 22, 2018, 10:45:09 pm

Bill Taylor was the assistant coach.

neaguru

Quote from: Informant on June 25, 2018, 09:49:33 am

Bill Taylor was the assistant coach.
They have another assistant coach that has been there for several years, last year was bill Taylor's first year at brookland that's why I was wondering why they skipped the other coach if he wanted it.

OB11

I heard Taylor was getting out of basketball completely and just doing baseball.

GosnellBall

Gosnell is just looking for a coach that can be bullied to do what they want them to do.  So the teacher and coaches kids can have play time. They did the same thing a few years ago to a basketball coach. So if anyone is wanting to apply to Gosnell just know if you dont play the employees kids or u tell the kids how it is, you wont be there long.

athletic supporter

HorseFeathers

Quote from: athletic supporter on June 27, 2018, 03:15:31 pm
Atkins is open

No it's not

Jeff haralson from Hector took it

Which means Hector is now open

athletic supporter

Quote from: HorseFeathers on June 28, 2018, 11:09:05 am
No it's not

Jeff haralson from Hector took it

Which means Hector is now open

When was he hired?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: athletic supporter on June 28, 2018, 12:21:59 pm
When was he hired?

Idk...it was announced on Hector Baseball Facebook page,and on his personal Facebook.

athletic supporter

Quote from: HorseFeathers on June 28, 2018, 12:24:39 pm
Idk...it was announced on Hector Baseball Facebook page,and on his personal Facebook.

No problem. I just hadn't heard. I texted him after I saw that. Welcome home Jeff!

Sports1511

Quote from: GosnellBall on June 26, 2018, 05:55:31 pm
Gosnell is just looking for a coach that can be bullied to do what they want them to do.  So the teacher and coaches kids can have play time. They did the same thing a few years ago to a basketball coach. So if anyone is wanting to apply to Gosnell just know if you dont play the employees kids or u tell the kids how it is, you wont be there long.

Not sure you're knowledgeable about the situation.

https://www.blythevillecourier.com/story/2532142.html

GosnellBall

I do know the situation. They baited him to act up. They didnt like that he was truthful to the kids and made them mind. He didnt take crap off any kids or parents. The team started off looking like the Bad News Bears and then ended up at state, there arent many coaches that can do that. He is strict and demands respect and if you dont give it he then he won't give it. He had my son and he did a great job with him. Bc of the things he did my son was able to attend college and play ball while there.

arkansasFBscoop

Quote from: GosnellBall on June 30, 2018, 08:01:24 pm
I do know the situation. They baited him to act up. They didnt like that he was truthful to the kids and made them mind. He didnt take crap off any kids or parents. The team started off looking like the Bad News Bears and then ended up at state, there arent many coaches that can do that. He is strict and demands respect and if you dont give it he then he won't give it. He had my son and he did a great job with him. Bc of the things he did my son was able to attend college and play ball while there.

He's a grown man.  They baited him?  Cussing your boss gets you fired from working at the gas station, WalMart, everywhere man.  Article makes it sound like a dude upset he did not get his way.  Things his attorney was citing all seemed petty and pointless, as well.  Really bad look for him.  I can't imagine anybody trying to justify the actions of a grown man who cussed his employer and threw a fit in their place of business.

GosnellBall

When he goes in asking for a few things to help with the baseball program and has EVERYTHING turned down. They knew how he would react so they could get rid of him. It just all sucks. The kids are the ones that will suffer and that is not fair. I hope it isn't going to turn into a Daddy ball program. Bc that is the fear most of the players have.

neaguru

He made it to the state tournament not because of coaching, but because he had one of the better pitchers in 4a in Andy Roberts. He is a lefty that throws 84-87 that kind of pitcher will win you a lot of games.

GosnellBall

A pticher alone doesnt make a team. There has to be a defense behind them and bats in front of them. Yes Amdy is a good player but there are for sure others better. The team was ROUGH to start but was able to pull it together bc of coaching and 2 great seniors who stepped up to lead the team. I am sorry you agree with this schools bad decision. There are coaches that do way worse than this one did and they keep their jobs. This coach was fighting for his kids so he could work with them more and get equipment he needed and was denied it all. He was denied bc he wasnt going to play Daddy ball with the kids coming up and EVERYONE knew he wouldn't. So they made sure they had enough to fire him so their kids would get play time. Remember this in 3 years, the basketball and baseball teams are going to struggle at the High school level at Gosnell and it is going to me bc employees kids are going to be in those grades and their parents think they hang the moon. They are ok players but they are all small and are going need other kids, not in the employee click, to help snd they are running them off.

OB11

So who is Gosnell looking at for that job?

GosnellBall

There has been no publication of a name. There are many rumors but none that can be confirmed

dirtbagbaseball

Any updates on any of these jobs?  Haven't heard anything on Gosnell, Westside, etc.

OB11

Quote from: dirtbagbaseball on July 31, 2018, 10:31:06 am
Any updates on any of these jobs?  Haven't heard anything on Gosnell, Westside, etc.

That conference is going to look a lot different come Spring.

OB11

Saw where BIC's baseball job was open. Who was there and where did they go?

GosnellBall

Gosnells old coach has come back. Coach Jackson isnwho will be with the baseball program again after being out for 4 years.
He likes to play kids of coworkers so it will be interesting to see what happens

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: OB11 on August 11, 2018, 06:52:28 pm

Coach Ballard has been pulling double duty.
They have changed things up. The basketball coaches now have JR & SR high as Roundtree has moved on to Harrisburg. 

so now they are looking for baseball Coach I know  & I'm not sure what they are planning on soccer & Golf.

leaderofthepack10

Quote from: OB11 on August 11, 2018, 06:52:28 pm
Brandon Ballard has been the baseball coach the last 2 years but if I understand right, they are trying to move him to boys basketball only and hire a baseball only coach. With it being this late they may not find anyone and I would assume that Ballard would be the baseball coach again if that is the case.

dirtbagbaseball

Quote from: GosnellBall on August 12, 2018, 08:15:18 pm
Gosnells old coach has come back. Coach Jackson isnwho will be with the baseball program again after being out for 4 years.
He likes to play kids of coworkers so it will be interesting to see what happens

Honestly...this is laughable.  Jackson had a lot of success at Gosnell. 

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: leaderofthepack10 on August 13, 2018, 11:25:08 am
Brandon Ballard has been the baseball coach the last 2 years but if I understand right, they are trying to move him to boys basketball only and hire a baseball only coach. With it being this late they may not find anyone and I would assume that Ballard would be the baseball coach again if that is the case.

I heard they hired Tyler Herring for BIC Baseball.

Head Lion

Mustang, name doesn't strike a bell, give us the low down. 👍🏼

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: Head Lion on August 20, 2018, 07:15:12 pm
Mustang, name doesn't strike a bell, give us the low down. 👍🏼

I haven't met him. I'm not sure of any details 

Head Lion

Quote from: BICMUSTANG4LIFE on August 21, 2018, 12:13:37 pm
I haven't met him. I'm not sure of any details
They have some talent coming thru, it is a good job for a good coach.

beach bum

Prairie Grove is looking for a new coach

CageMonsterNWA

ricepig

Reddie20

Reddie20

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas