• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dover vs Subiaco Academy Week 4

Started by Billy the Kid, September 22, 2014, 11:09:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Billy the Kid

Dover is 3-0 for the first time since 2004 and looking to go 4-0. The Pirates racked up 540 rushing yards against Mayflower and 300 of them coming from Luke Price on 30 carries.
Subiaco Academy sneaked out a win at Western Yell County 20-18 in Week 3. I'm hearing the QB from Subi is pretty athletic and runs the offense well.

I'm going with the Pirates in this one. I don't think the Trojans stop the Pirates rushing attack.
Dover-42 Subiaco Academy-14

WPWells

Billy the Kid

I lied the Pirates racked 730 yards and Price ended up 430 himself.

TBone70

Quote from: Billy the Kid on September 22, 2014, 11:17:23 am
Whaaat? Are you serious?

Billy the Kid

Yes sir. It is a score fest Friday. Mayflower had a quick score offense. Back and forth the whole game.

TBone70

Quote from: Billy the Kid on September 22, 2014, 11:29:21 am
Yes sir. It is a score fest Friday. Mayflower had a quick score offense. Back and forth the whole game.
So Price had 430 on the ground, Did he have 300 in the Air? Good performance I would say.

KOJACK

Lacerta agilis

I look for Dover to be 4-0 after this week. Dover is improved this year, but week 5 and 6 will tell the tale. If you're 4-2, there's a lot of work left to make the playoffs. 5-1 or 6-0, then Dover's headed to the post season this year.

Billy the Kid

Quote from: TBone70 on September 22, 2014, 11:33:39 am
So Price had 430 on the ground, Did he have 300 in the Air? Good performance I would say.
No passing yardage for Price. QB Ethan Davis had a passing TD and some rushing yards.

thatoneguy

430 yards?... How did you find that out? I'm not down grading the kid but that's hard to believe.

Lacerta agilis

Quote from: thatoneguy on September 22, 2014, 12:31:45 pm

430 yards?... How did you find that out? I'm not down grading the kid but that's hard to believe.
Sounds like someone got season stats confused with single game stats. 430 yards is still good season stats after 3 games.

Billy the Kid

430 all purpose yards yes. Had 140 returning yards with a kickoff return for a TD. I guess I should've been clear about that. My mistake. He had 31 carries with 3 rushing TDs and 3 two pt conversions. He had a good night.

thatoneguy

Quote from: Billy the Kid on September 22, 2014, 12:44:36 pm

430 all purpose yards yes. Had 140 returning yards with a kickoff return for a TD. I guess I should've been clear about that. My mistake. He had 31 carries with 3 rushing TDs and 3 two pt conversions. He had a good night.
man that is still a great night!  I wasn't trying to be a jerk. I was wanting to make sure what was up. Congrats to Dover. I think they'll roll over scoobyaco this week

Billy the Kid

September 22, 2014, 01:03:52 pm #13 Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 01:07:27 pm by Billy the Kid
Quote from: thatoneguy on September 22, 2014, 12:52:38 pm
Quote from: Billy the Kid on September 22, 2014, 12:44:36 pm

man that is still a great night!  I wasn't trying to be a jerk. I was wanting to make sure what was up. Congrats to Dover. I think they'll roll over scoobyaco this week
No I completely understand! I feel good about it this week. It would be nice to be 4-0 going into week 5 against Robinson at Dover.

thatoneguy

I agree with you and Dover has a good chance against Robinson as well. I can see them going 8-2 on the season...maybe even better than that. what do you think?

Billy the Kid

Quote from: thatoneguy on September 22, 2014, 01:14:55 pm
I agree with you and Dover has a good chance against Robinson as well. I can see them going 8-2 on the season...maybe even better than that. what do you think?
That's a pretty bold prediction. I don't think I'm quite ready for that. Got to take care of business this week. They're just taking it one week at a time and this week Subi. I'll just say Dover is excited about football for the first time in a long time.

The Coach

They should win this week and that's what they should worry about.

Jacketman65

Quote from: The Coach on September 22, 2014, 08:12:26 pm

They should win this week and that's what they should worry about.
The Trojans will get used Friday night!

soldier

I don't think Dover will face another offense like Mayflower's this season, and as long as you all can pound and ground, you'll be fine. In my opinion, if Dover faces a defense that can stop the run, they might be in trouble. I'm sure the coaches realize that , and good luck to y'all.

Gray lizard

Who's played who should give you the answer who wins this game.  Dover by a few TDs.

Billy the Kid

1964 Hogs

Dover wins this one by 21.  Subiaco won't be able to handle the run attack from Dover.  With that being said, yes, Dover will face offenses as good or better than Mayflowers this year.  With the likes of 5 games in a roll for Dover when they face; Robinson, Clinton, Pottsville, Ozark and Dardanelle.  It's early still yet but I think they lose all 5 of those games. 

Billy the Kid

Quote from: 1964 Hogs on September 26, 2014, 09:17:25 am
Dover wins this one by 21.  Subiaco won't be able to handle the run attack from Dover.  With that being said, yes, Dover will face offenses as good or better than Mayflowers this year.  With the likes of 5 games in a roll for Dover when they face; Robinson, Clinton, Pottsville, Ozark and Dardanelle.  It's early still yet but I think they lose all 5 of those games. 
I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. I seriously doubt any of those teams have a better QB or RB better than Mayflower's. Don't know if you have seen them play yet. The Bailey kid can go. Now by no means am I saying that Dover will go undefeated just because they beat Mayflower. I realize that Robinson has great overall team speed and probably has a good offense but Bauxite picked them off 3 times and Dover has just as much team speed at Bauxite. Clinton and Pottsville run a good ground attack with good backfield speed. I'm actually hearing Clinton had some success this summer spreading it out in 7 on 7 so they are mixing that in also. Really don't know much about Ozark but seriously doubt their offense is as good or better than Mayflower's. And lastly Dardanelle who is the front runner in the conference and supposedly has it all. But we'll see what they do tonight going into Pottsville.

RTF

Dover has good team this year, they roll Subi

Gray lizard

[/quote]
I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. I seriously doubt any of those teams have a better QB or RB better than Mayflower's.   what they do tonight going into Pottsville.
[/quote]

Dardanelle's QB is looking pretty good to this point.

Billy the Kid

Quote from: Gray lizard on September 26, 2014, 12:17:29 pm

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. I seriously doubt any of those teams have a better QB or RB better than Mayflower's.   what they do tonight going into Pottsville.
[/quote]

Dardanelle's QB is looking pretty good to this point.
[/quote]
I agree. Haven't seen him yet but saw him in 7 on 7 and looked good. I wasn't trying to take anything away from him. I just think Dacus and Bailey from Mayflower are pretty good.
Feeling pretty good about the game tonight Lizard?

Gray lizard

Well I now have black Blood so this will be a tough game for me. Played for the Lizards and live in Dardanelle, but now support Pottsville.  5th grader goes to Pottsville and I coach Pee Wee in Pottsville. Pottsville also writes my wife a pay check each month.

Hugo Sanchez

shouldn't you also be a Cyclone supporter since you sell insurance there?

armchajrhog5

I don't think I will even worry about the 5 in a row until we get past Subi. Dover is not good enough to take anything for granted. They don't play their A game they don't win.
With that being said Baily the RB all  the sports  shows in LR keep saying  is a D-1 back and Dacus[spelling?] was  a great quarterback, BUT  I think every offense will look good against Dover unless they learn to play better pass defense and learn how to contain the corner. The middle is not a problem as the Dover D line is  solid.
But I really believe that the Dover running game will be a load for any team they face.The O-line is a beast ,big-strong - physical and a bit of a mean streak. They  completely dominated a big fast Mayflower defensive line like they have every team they have seen included the ones in the scrimmages before season. The backfield led by Davis and Price will get theirs- either around you or thru you. Dover will not be an easy night for anyone .
Getting into conference  will separate reality from imagination for Dover and just maybe a lot of other teams...

Gray lizard

Quote from: armchajrhog5 on September 26, 2014, 02:16:16 pm
I don't think I will even worry about the 5 in a row until we get past Subi. Dover is not good enough to take anything for granted. They don't play their A game they don't win.
With that being said Baily the RB all  the sports  shows in LR keep saying  is a D-1 back and Dacus[spelling?] was  a great quarterback, BUT  I think every offense will look good against Dover unless they learn to play better pass defense and learn how to contain the corner. The middle is not a problem as the Dover D line is  solid.
But I really believe that the Dover running game will be a load for any team they face.The O-line is a beast ,big-strong - physical and a bit of a mean streak. They  completely dominated a big fast Mayflower defensive line like they have every team they have seen included the ones in the scrimmages before season. The backfield led by Davis and Price will get theirs- either around you or thru you. Dover will not be an easy night for anyone .
Getting into conference  will separate reality from imagination for Dover and just maybe a lot of other teams...

From what I know and think which is not a whole lot.  I think Dover will take this game and be right in the mix for 4th or 5th playoff spot.

Gray lizard

Quote from: Hugo Sanchez on September 26, 2014, 01:58:43 pm
shouldn't you also be a Cyclone supporter since you sell insurance there?

Kimosabe your mask is off.

BIG_K

Who did Mayflower loose to the week before Dover? I believe it was Gravett. Who mercy ruled Gravett the first game of the year? Just sayin! ;D

Billy the Kid

Quote from: BIG_K on September 26, 2014, 05:16:51 pm
Who did Mayflower loose to the week before Dover? I believe it was Gravett. Who mercy ruled Gravett the first game of the year? Just sayin! ;D
36-10 is not a mercy rule.

Basketball13

Billy the Kid

Basketball13

Sorry.. Phone acting up.

Dover with a 67 yard bomb.

Dover - 22

Subi - 6

1:10 in third b

tesnow23

Quote from: Basketball13 on September 26, 2014, 08:43:07 pm
Sorry.. Phone acting up.

Dover with a 67 yard bomb.

Dover - 22

Subi - 6

1:10 in third b

subi needed to capitalize on that turnover in 1Q.  They can't leave points on field.

Basketball13

tesnow23

Quote from: Basketball13 on September 26, 2014, 09:01:11 pm
Dover - 22

Subi - 12

5:52 in 4th.

those points left on table are relevant now.   Trojans hanging tough.  They play hard.

Basketball13

BIG_K

Hey bill the little kid it was 36 -0 and Gravett scored 10 on the second/third team with the continous clock running. Look up the rule son(think before you speak)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas