• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newport @ HWH

Started by dhen, September 22, 2014, 10:44:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

dhen

This should be a good one. The Cougars lost a close one last week to FC. I got the Cougar pulling this one off. 

Full-get-it

I got the Cougars easy....Coaches and Players should be fired up after the robbery in FC last week

westhelena1

"Not so fast my friend."  The Cougars will be motivated after what happened in Forrest City (felonious theft).  HWH will also have the added motivation of reopening Cad Polk Stadium after a $400000 renovation to the stadium seating.  However, Newport isn't the preseason favorite for no reason at all.  They are an excellent football team with talent and experience.  This is going to be a war.  The Cougars must eliminate mistakes.

Bulldog92

Just hope you all get your shots before you CatchTheGreyhound to HWH!!!  Don't want any excuses this week!!

cuckoobird

NoRetreat

I'm taking HWH they have alot of athletes at skill ed positions.

phdefense

Quote from: NoRetreat on September 24, 2014, 10:02:54 am
I'm taking HWH they have alot of athletes at skill ed positions.
You do not know much about Newport do you? The cougars will not out athlete them.

MoChedda

Quote from: westhelena1 on September 22, 2014, 12:21:12 pm
"Not so fast my friend."  The Cougars will be motivated after what happened in Forrest City (felonious theft).  HWH will also have the added motivation of reopening Cad Polk Stadium after a $400000 renovation to the stadium seating.  However, Newport isn't the preseason favorite for no reason at all.  They are an excellent football team with talent and experience.  This is going to be a war.  The Cougars must eliminate mistakes.
I totally agree. If we eliminate the turnovers and don't come out slow we should have success and win a close one against a great team. Go Cougars

whippersnapper

The Greyhounds are fairly solid at the skill positions. The game will be won the line of scrimmage. Hounds by 2

biker_harley87

Special teams win for HWH and Hounds kicking game is a disaster. If Hounds can get past the kicking game they can win.

Big Fan

HWH by 7.  Should be a great game. 

redneck365

If the hounds can battle the refs & win they should win by 9

phdefense

Quote from: redneck365 on September 25, 2014, 09:49:19 pm
If the hounds can battle the refs & win they should win by 9
In the 4A-2 officials are assigned not hand picked by the home team.

redneck365

Yes I know that , but it seam to me that there is a lot of home cookin goin on in the past few years whether they are asinged or not !!!

CounterPunch

I'll be keeping an eye on the score of this one. Should be a good one.

CatchTheGreyhound!

After last week's devastation,  going with hounds by 14 in a attempt to regain some pride and move foward to what appears to be a promising season.

Bulldog92

Quote from: CatchTheGreyhound! on September 26, 2014, 12:32:38 am
After last week's devastation,  going with hounds by 14 in a attempt to regain some pride and move foward to what appears to be a promising season.
I like this more humble CatchTheGreyhound, LOL!!!

Infamous

I'm a Newport alum and a Greyhound fan through and through, and I admire your confidence, but this team isn't that good.

It starts with Gunner Bullard. He's a three-year starter, and he's yet to show to he's capable of winning a road game of this caliber. No, Bateville Southside, Marianna, Clinton or whatever other bottom feeder don't count. The passing game has become pedestrian since Crite exhausted his eligibility, and it shows through Bullard's stats.

Turner can make up for the lack of a passing game and carry the load against lesser competition, but he shuts it down against quality teams like Booneville, Dollarway and Sylvan Hills. I've seen it far too often. True, the offensive line was exposed last week, but good running backs find a way to get their yardage.

MoChedda

HWH wins 40-20! Go Cougars

Razorhummer

Quote from: Infamous on September 26, 2014, 06:51:42 pm
I agree! I'm actually a Tuckerman alumni and been a Greyhound fan ever since I went to my 1st game back in 1988 and as for the Greyhounds there was a lot of excitement going into the season but I just didn't think they would be as good as they were in the last 2 seasons and Crite made a big difference. Especially last season when Turner was hurt and if it wasn't for Crite the Hounds could've ended up a 4th or 5ht seed last season. The rest of the season is going to be tough. Lonoke, Stuttgart, and CAC are going to be some tough games and looks like Heber Springs is starting to make some noise. As for Riverview and Southside I still wouldn't overlook them either.

I'm a Newport alum and a Greyhound fan through and through, and I admire your confidence, but this team isn't that good.

It starts with Gunner Bullard. He's a three-year starter, and he's yet to show to he's capable of winning a road game of this caliber. No, Bateville Southside, Marianna, Clinton or whatever other bottom feeder don't count. The passing game has become pedestrian since Crite exhausted his eligibility, and it shows through Bullard's stats.

Turner can make up for the lack of a passing game and carry the load against lesser competition, but he shuts it down against quality teams like Booneville, Dollarway and Sylvan Hills. I've seen it far too often. True, the offensive line was exposed last week, but good running backs find a way to get their yardage.

Bulldog92

Wow!!!!  CatchTheGreyhound what happened, did y'all not get your shots again this week?

playmaker04

CatchTheGreyhound!

September 28, 2014, 09:51:37 am #22 Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 10:01:40 am by CatchTheGreyhound!
Quote from: Infamous on September 26, 2014, 06:51:42 pm

Impossible to get yardage when the line doesn't hold! Its simple math, Good Offensive line "adds" to the running game, when a team respects your running game they stack the D line, when the stack the D line, your Passing game opens up........I think the problem isn't talent, but confidence. Last year we played all 4 quarters this year Im seeing lack of effort in the second half, maybe due to fatigue.

CatchTheGreyhound!

September 28, 2014, 09:57:37 am #23 Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 10:03:19 am by CatchTheGreyhound!
Quote from: Bulldog92 on September 26, 2014, 10:55:54 pm
Wow!!!!  CatchTheGreyhound what happened, did y'all not get your shots again this week?
Still working out the kinks, but you can bet your bottom dollar coach Harrison will be ready for the loony toon Wabbits this week.
my prediction:
Newport 21
Lonoke 14

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas