• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Southside @ Stuttgart

Started by cuckoobird, September 22, 2014, 07:36:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

cuckoobird

LakeRat

Wouldn't staying in-flight be more desirable?

birdman24

Stuttgart-45
Southside-6
#FlockTheSoutherners #MaroonGoons #DirtyBirds ;D

cuckoobird

SUGARTOWN

Well this was supposed to be the year that the Southerners turned the corner and made the playoffs, but after going 0-3 in their weak non-con schedule, it looks like the same old team.

I guess we'll see Friday night...

DogsWin7

Quote from: birdman24 on September 22, 2014, 10:53:58 am
Stuttgart-45
Southside-6
#FlockTheSoutherners #MaroonGoons #DirtyBirds ;D

Welcome to FF!   You will fit in nicely.....I like your hashtags;) lol

DogsWin7

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 22, 2014, 11:12:36 am
I'm not that witty lakerat

It's all that rice consumption, isn't it??  :)

cuckoobird

razorhogs72501

After the depressing non-conference start to the season, I would be happy with losing by less than 21.

cuckoobird

I bet you arent very happy on the long drive home

razorhogs72501

Happiness is subjective! Expectations are low, so while I would be happy to lose by less than 21, I will not be upset when we lose by 35+. Bright side is getting home earlier!

The_Pioneer

Jacketman65

Yawn, another pillow fight between 2 of the weaker teams of the 2-4A.  Did notice that last week the Demzett had SS ranked above Stuttgart for what ever that is worth!

BannerMountainMan

SUGARTOWN

September 22, 2014, 09:52:35 pm #14 Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 09:54:52 pm by SUGARTOWN
Quote from: Jacketman65 on September 22, 2014, 09:17:34 pm
Yawn, another pillow fight between 2 of the weaker teams of the 2-4A.  Did notice that last week the Demzett had SS ranked above Stuttgart for what ever that is worth!
No they didn't. They only rank the top 6 in each class. Nice try.

SS is ranked 47 out of 48 in 4A by Hootens this week, "for what ever that is worth."

Jacketman65

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 22, 2014, 09:52:35 pm

SS is ranked 47 out of 48 in 4A by Hootens this week, "for what ever that is worth."
Poor deflection on your part there Sugar! Conference standings last week on the 18th in the demzett, your Birds were ranked LAST in the 2-4A.  Go check it out and NICE TRY! ::)

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Jacketman65 on September 22, 2014, 10:55:51 pm

Poor deflection on your part there Sugar! Conference standings last week on the 18th in the demzett, your Birds were ranked LAST in the 2-4A.  Go check it out and NICE TRY! ::)
Conference standings? I hate to disappoint you but there hasn't been any conference games played yet. Every team is tied for first AND last place. Even Clinton can claim first in their conference, lol. And you'd better claim it now because you won't be there for long.  :)

Jacketman65

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 22, 2014, 11:12:50 pm

Conference standings? I hate to disappoint you but there hasn't been any conference games played yet. Every team is tied for first AND last place. Even Clinton can claim first in their conference, lol. And you'd better claim it now because you won't be there for long.  :)
It is very obvious that you don't read the newspaper much less keep up with the news, I guess it is only what Cuckoo tells you.  EVERYONE knows that no conference games have been played so I won't tell you how the paper arrived at these rankings, you will have to figure that one out on your own, if you are capable.  By the way Clinton was ranked at #6 in the 4-4A, your Birds were ranked at #8 in the 2-4A.  I'm sure this has changed since last weeks games however.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Jacketman65 on September 22, 2014, 11:23:39 pm

It is very obvious that you don't read the newspaper much less keep up with the news, I guess it is only what Cuckoo tells you.  EVERYONE knows that no conference games have been played so I won't tell you how the paper arrived at these rankings, you will have to figure that one out on your own, if you are capable.  By the way Clinton was ranked at #6 in the 4-4A, your Birds were ranked at #8 in the 2-4A.  I'm sure this has changed since last weeks games however.
You have no idea how they arrive at those "rankings" do you? Otherwise I'm sure you  would attempt to explain to me what I already know.

Anyway, I'm glad we have still have a fan in Clinton. Be sure to cheer on the Birds this Friday! Do you need the radio link so you can listen? There's a smart phone app as well, but I'm thinking you still have flip phone so it wouldn't do you any good...

Jacketman65

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 22, 2014, 11:32:32 pm

You have no idea how they arrive at those "rankings" do you? Otherwise I'm sure you  would attempt to explain to me what I already know.

Anyway, I'm glad we have still have a fan in Clinton. Be sure to cheer on the Birds this Friday! Do you need the radio link so you can listen? There's a smart phone app as well, but I'm thinking you still have flip phone so it wouldn't do you any good...
So now that you have been proven WRONG, you are going to get chippy and turn into a smart Arse like most of your other buddies!  So just what DO you know and WHO is your fan in Clinton?  Cause brother, I know of NONE! ;D

cuckoobird

cuckoobird

September 23, 2014, 07:48:02 am #21 Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 09:24:31 am by cuckoobird
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 22, 2014, 11:32:32 pm

Him owning a "Smart" phone, now that's funny right there......

Jacketman65

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 23, 2014, 07:20:19 am
Alphabetical order?
Keep guessing and you might get lucky! Wrong anyway

DogsWin7

One simply does not just have a smart phone, with many apps...:)

LakeRat

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 22, 2014, 02:31:59 pm
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on September 22, 2014, 01:32:41 pm
Quote from: cuckoobird on September 22, 2014, 11:12:36 am
I'm not that witty lakerat

It's all that rice consumption, isn't it??  :)
I've sniffed too much rice dust.

I'd figure it was the bug juice y'all get constantly sprayed with...

Speaking of which I'm thankful the Ricebirds will be traveling up to Heber this season... this allows me to avoid my usual rant about getting chemically assaulted while having to endure your nasty visitors stands!!

I'll go with the Ricebirds by 14 in this one... I expect the Southerners to bring more to the game than y'all anticipate.

razorhogs72501

IF the playoffs started today, Southside would be tied for a playoff spot!! 0-0 baby! Undefeated in district play so far! On a serious note, I would not be suprised if the score is close at halftime. By close I mean within two scores. Southside has the ability to hang for a half in my humble opinion. However, even being close at the half I still expect the 4th quarter clock to run uninterupted.

cuckoobird

Just for you lakerat I will be bringing the mosquito truck to heber next week. I figured a couple laps around the track and you will feel right at home

LakeRat

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 23, 2014, 12:44:11 pm
Just for you lakerat I will be bringing the mosquito truck to heber next week. I figured a couple laps around the track and you will feel right at home

You better bring in the Stuttgart Air Force... Heber just upgraded their turf and resurfaced the track. No way they'd let a truck near it!!

Here's the plan for the Southerners... Send in a crew 2 hours before game time and buy up all of PhDefense's secret "Spicebird" pizza in town and let the team feast. This will cripple their 12th man and give the Southerners that extra kick needed to go totally Marianna on them birds!!  :o

mr.b@sc

Quote from: LakeRat on September 23, 2014, 01:25:13 pm

You better bring in the Stuttgart Air Force... Heber just upgraded their turf and resurfaced the track. No way they'd let a truck near it!!

Here's the plan for the Southerners... Send in a crew 2 hours before game time and buy up all of PhDefense's secret "Spicebird" pizza in town and let the team feast. This will cripple their 12th man and give the Southerners that extra kick needed to go totally Marianna on them birds!!  :o
Quote of the week "Go totally marianna on them birds"...lol

mr.b@sc

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 22, 2014, 07:36:14 am
Birds stay on a roll
does not take much to get ya'll on a roll if defeating dewitt counts as on a roll..

bullseye

Quote from: mr.b@sc on September 23, 2014, 02:13:39 pm

Quote of the week "Go totally marianna on them birds"...lol
now that's good snuff right there!!

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: mr.b@sc on September 23, 2014, 02:14:59 pm
Birds stay on a roll
does not take much to get ya'll on a roll if defeating dewitt counts as on a roll..
Sorry, we can't all schedule Lake Village...

mr.b@sc

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 23, 2014, 02:57:58 pm
Quote from: mr.b@sc on September 23, 2014, 02:14:59 pm
Birds stay on a roll
Sorry, we can't all schedule Lake Village...
marianna..

cuckoobird

Im sure they will be on your schedule next year too

The_Pioneer

It's possible SS can hang for a while.  But, they are tiny on defense.  Anyone with decent size and speed will wear them down quickly. 

mr.b@sc

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 23, 2014, 03:30:36 pm
Im sure they will be on your schedule next year too
we would have had stuttgart on our schedule but they chose to go with the better team, Lake village. lol

SUGARTOWN

phdefense

Have you no shame sir.

LakeRat

Quote from: phdefense on September 23, 2014, 04:49:38 pm

Have you no shame sir.

My wife claims that's a trait that rarely makes it's way to the surface in me...

Back onto football... Has there been any changes in the offensive schemes for the Ricebirds this year and a new coach at the helm?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: LakeRat on September 24, 2014, 11:24:03 am
Quote from: phdefense on September 23, 2014, 04:49:38 pm

Have you no shame sir.

My wife claims that's a trait that rarely makes it's way to the surface in me...

Back onto football... Has there been any changes in the offensive schemes for the Ricebirds this year and a new coach at the helm?
No huddle spread, 4-5 wide sets.

hasenpfeffer

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 22, 2014, 04:14:58 pm
I bet you arent very happy on the long drive home
Stuttgart by 83 points

Jacketman65

Stuttgart should feel fortunate that they have this one at home!  It could be tough for them to have to play on that new turf at SSB!  I did see where the Demzett had the Birds ranked ahead of SS though. Go check it out Sugar!!!! :)

birdman16

Some things never change Southside is still horrible.  Good to know.

SUGARTOWN

Yeah it was tough to play on that turf last year, the Birds only won 41-3. ::)

cuckoobird

Gameday fellas, and there's Nothing like a Friday during football season. Birds win by 20

phdefense

September 26, 2014, 01:26:10 pm #45 Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 01:33:16 pm by phdefense
Wishing a safe travel to all the people making the trip from Batesville.

cuckoobird

phdefense

Southside had some fight in them tonight. Southerner fans should be proud of they way they showed up and battled.

SouthernerPride

A coaching change may be in the near future in Batesville and it's not the Pioneers.

cuckoobird

There were some good athletes on the field for them. Im amazed they are 0-4

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas