• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dardanelle @ Pottsville

Started by apache_alum_90, September 22, 2014, 06:46:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

apache_alum_90

Pottsville hosts Dardanelle this week. Last week Dardanelle cruised to an easy win over Clarksville a bottom of the barrel 5A team. Pottsville lost in a hard fought battle against a good 6A team in Russellville and gave up a halftime lead. So how do you see this game folding out. If Pottsville can keep from turning the ball over and get their strong power run game going early and get a good lead I believe they might pull it off at home even though Dardanelle is the favorite to win.

beach bum

Great game. Pottsville 28 Dardanelle 21

OLDSCHOOL82

This should be and excellent game for the fans.  I'm going with Dardanelle 28, Pottsville 14.

Gray lizard

I am going to stick with my preseason pick that Dardanelle will go 10-0. Pottsville is much stronger than I first thought.  If Pottsville can control the ball and clock, and not turn the ball over, they could prove me wrong.   Pottsville has to limit the number of times Dardanelle gets the ball to 3 or less times per half.
I will be sitting on the Pottsville side wearing black.

thatoneguy

This will be a great game for both teams! Pottsville comes in after the heartbreaking loss to Russellville last week and they'll be ready to hit some Lizards in the mouth. Pottsville has some key players with Duggar, Waddell, and Moore. Dardanelle definitely has to step up and stop the dead T offense that they run. Which speaking of stepping up their starting defense has yet to allow any points scored on them so far this season. They too have play makers with Thompson, Kershner, and Tucker. I'm very excited about this game coming up but I think Dardanelle has too much for Pottsville to overcome. Dardanelle takes it 35-14. What do yall think?

marine

I will go with Pottsvillle on this one.  21 to 14

apache_alum_90

I feel it can go either way, it'll be a battle like last year. I'm going Pottsville 24 Dardanelle 21

mossflyer

Quote from: apache_alum_90 on September 22, 2014, 03:57:38 pm
I feel it can go either way, it'll be a battle like last year. I'm going Pottsville 24 Dardanelle 21

Does Pottsville have a field goal kicker or will they go for 2 on three touchdowns? 

BIG_K

The team that holds on to the ball and limits the penalty yards wins this one(same as last year).

Big Fan

It will be a great game for a while, but I think Dardnelle wins by at least two scores.  Sand Lizards are pretty stout this year. 

apache_alum_90

Quote from: mossflyer on September 22, 2014, 04:00:53 pm
Quote from: apache_alum_90 on September 22, 2014, 03:57:38 pm

Does Pottsville have a field goal kicker or will they go for 2 on three touchdowns?
They have a good kicker but They will go for 2 on 3 TDs.

The Coach

Quote from: apache_alum_90 on September 22, 2014, 06:46:33 am
against a good 6A team in Russellville

This is debatable.

A good 6a team is Greenwood, Pine Bluff, El Dorado etc.  Russellville isn't near any of these teams.

apache_alum_90

Quote from: The Coach on September 22, 2014, 07:52:14 pm

This is debatable.

A good 6a team is Greenwood, Pine Bluff, El Dorado etc.  Russellville isn't near any of these teams.
Those teams are Great 6A teams! Russellville looked good, ya they would of lost to a top or great 5A team. But I would put Russellville about middle of the pack as good.

The Coach

Quote from: apache_alum_90 on September 22, 2014, 08:00:22 pm

This is debatable.

Those teams are Great 6A teams! Russellville looked good, ya they would of lost to a top or great 5A team. But I would put Russellville about middle of the pack as good.

Middle of the pack is not good. Average but not good.

apache_alum_90

Quote from: The Coach on September 22, 2014, 08:06:18 pm

This is debatable.

I'm sorry I don't see things the way you do, average to you is good to me. I rate them bad, good and great. I guess you probably know more than me cause you gave yourself the the title The Coach, which means you more than likely coach peewee or flag football I'm guessing.

The Coach

September 22, 2014, 09:09:20 pm #15 Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 09:11:38 pm by The Coach
Quote from: apache_alum_90 on September 22, 2014, 08:42:17 pm

This is debatable.

I'm sorry I don't see things the way you do, average to you is good to me. I rate them bad, good and great. I guess you probably know more than me cause you gave yourself the the title The Coach, which means you more than likely coach peewee or flag football I'm guessing.

Middle of the pack is average. Russellville is a average 6a team. You would be wrong on your assumption.

BannerMountainMan

Pottsville has really surprised me. Pottsville by 18

apache_alum_90

Quote from: The Coach on September 22, 2014, 09:09:20 pm

This is debatable.

Middle of the pack is average. Russellville is a average 6a team. You would be wrong on your assumption.
I'm sure glad the way you see things is all that matters! But the way I see it good and average are the same, an average team is good but not great and not bad. But I'm sure you'll debate that also. Good thing I don't base my decisions on how someone just thinks they know better than me!

Jacketman65

This should be one heck of a game, being at Pottsville caused one to scratch the head, however something just says Dardanelle in this one!  This is one of those games that you wish was later in the season!

The Coach

September 22, 2014, 11:55:53 pm #19 Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 12:06:53 am by The Coach
Quote from: apache_alum_90 on September 22, 2014, 11:02:15 pm

This is debatable.

I'm sure glad the way you see things is all that matters! But the way I see it good and average are the same, an average team is good but not great and not bad. But I'm sure you'll debate that also. Good thing I don't base my decisions on how someone just thinks they know better than me!

Well you are the only person I've ever seen that considers average and good as the same. Middle of the pack literally means average. There are what 16 teams in 6a and they are average or right in the middle of the pack. A good 6a team beats Pottsville 3 or 4 TD's or more just by having more talent and depth.

Doveman

Quote from: The Coach on September 22, 2014, 11:55:53 pm

This is debatable.

Well you are the only person I've ever seen that considers average and good as the same. Middle of the pack literally means average. There are what 16 teams in 6a and they are average or right in the middle of the pack. A good 6a team beats Pottsville 3 or 4 TD's or more just by having more talent and depth.

"The Coach" would argue with the wall, so don't worry about him.  And yes he's the kinda guy that his opinion is the only one that matters.  I'm w you, bet he can't coach his way out of a wet paper sack.  Moving along......

I'm going w Dardanelle in this one, after knowing how they treated Booneville.  Dardanelle was much more physical that game and I think they are on a mission to prove themselves this year.

BIG_K

The Coach of what? By the way who won the game last year? ;D ;D ;D

The Coach

Quote from: Doveman on September 23, 2014, 08:13:47 am

This is debatable.

"The Coach" would argue with the wall, so don't worry about him.  And yes he's the kinda guy that his opinion is the only one that matters.  I'm w you, bet he can't coach his way out of a wet paper sack.  Moving along......

I'm going w Dardanelle in this one, after knowing how they treated Booneville.  Dardanelle was much more physical that game and I think they are on a mission to prove themselves this year.

My opinion matters to me when dealing with people that obviously don't know the meaning of what's good and what's average. 

Doveman I've already proven you know nothing and you have yet to prove otherwise.     

The Coach

Quote from: BIG_K on September 23, 2014, 10:51:45 am
The Coach of what? By the way who won the game last year? ;D ;D ;D

Is this 2013 or 2014? 

BIG_K

;D2014 ;D Turnovers will be the deciding factor this year, the same as it was last year.

apache_alum_90

Pottsville won last year in close one 21-18 at Dardanelle. And ya I came to the conclusion that he would argue with a wall till he was blue in the face!

Lacerta agilis

Quote from: BIG_K on September 23, 2014, 11:39:10 am
;D2014 ;D Turnovers will be the deciding factor this year, the same as it was last year.

Turnovers was a deciding factor last year, along with penalties and botched extra points (and Perry). I don't think it will be the same this year.

Gray lizard

I am sure Pottsville would love to have Perry back but as good as he was. This team may very well be better by the end of the season.  Pottsville's system with a few good players is very strong at this classification.  They have a few good players and I expect 8-7 wins.  On any given night they could take down a team with much more tallent.  With out some major change to their program.  I see Pottsville putting up many years of winning seasons.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Gray lizard on September 23, 2014, 01:53:27 pm
I am sure Pottsville would love to have Perry back but as good as he was. This team may very well be better by the end of the season.  Pottsville's system with a few good players is very strong at this classification.  They have a few good players and I expect 8-7 wins.  On any given night they could take down a team with much more tallent.  With out some major change to their program.  I see Pottsville putting up many years of winning seasons.

I said something to that nature last year and got scolded.  Last year he was all they had.  He was extremely talented but there wasnt enough around him.  A team full of decent players that are driven and play hard is better than a team of lower end players and one superstar.  This game will be good but i think the ole sandgizzards will be too much for the apaches.  That is if dardanelle doesnt pull a dardanelle. 

apache_alum_90

From what I've seen from the Apaches this year is a team that has a very strong running game and a very strong defense. Last week they lost to AVERAGE but I say good Russellville team by one touch down cause Russellville couldn't stop Pottsville from running the ball except to stop the runner up and strip the ball. Russellville scored once on a kick off return by a very fast return guy, twice on good pass plays, an twice on interceptions if I remember right. Pottsville had 5 turnovers and only 2 resulted in a scores. They dominated offensively and defensively against Morrilton and Gravette. Not taking nothing away from Dardanelle, they are a very good team this year and was also last year. They have what it takes to Win this game, but so does Pottsville, and I know they remember how close it was last year and are prepared and ready. It's gonna be a war between two if not the two top teams in 4-4A! And I'm still going with Pottsville by 3!

Gray lizard

September 23, 2014, 02:46:44 pm #30 Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 02:49:24 pm by Gray lizard
You mean like make a team kick off again, and get pinned deep then fumble the ball, when you could have taken the ball on the 35.

BIG_K

phdefense

Quote from: The Coach on September 23, 2014, 11:26:57 am
Quote from: Doveman on September 23, 2014, 08:13:47 am

This is debatable.

My opinion matters to me when dealing with people that obviously don't know the meaning of what's good and what's average. 

Doveman I've already proven you know nothing and you have yet to prove otherwise.     
By all means then give us the exact definition to the subjective word "good".

APACHE

I said something to that nature last year and got scolded.  Last year he was all they had.  He was extremely talented but there wasnt enough around him.  A team full of decent players that are driven and play hard is better than a team of lower end players and one superstar.  This game will be good but i think the ole sandgizzards will be too much for the apaches.  That is if dardanelle doesnt pull a dardanelle.
[/quote]

Oh Geez, I guess if Pottsville wins it is because Dardanelle pulled a Dardanelle.

mastiff

If pottsville pulls a pottsville and gets personal fouls (or even some ejected) then should be good for the Lizards.

GO WILDCATS!!!!!

Gray lizard

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: APACHE on September 24, 2014, 12:11:18 pm

Oh Geez, I guess if Pottsville wins it is because Dardanelle pulled a Dardanelle.
[/quote]

Not necassarily.  I'm going off many years of watching dardanelle play ball every year.  They, in the past, have always found a way to squander talent and lose ball games they shouldnt have.  I know many teams will play their best ball of the year against us but i think this lizard team is different.  They are my wild card in the 4A at this time.  I know roughly what pottsville does.  They have a booneville boy at the helm and he creates disciplined teams that will keep the ball out of the oppositions hands through clock management.  Much like booneville.  This will be a great game to watch but im sticking to Dardy pulling out the W.

Billy the Kid

Lizardfan92

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on September 26, 2014, 08:23:20 am

Not necassarily.  I'm going off many years of watching dardanelle play ball every year.  They, in the past, have always found a way to squander talent and lose ball games they shouldnt have.  I know many teams will play their best ball of the year against us but i think this lizard team is different.  They are my wild card in the 4A at this time.  I know roughly what pottsville does.  They have a booneville boy at the helm and he creates disciplined teams that will keep the ball out of the oppositions hands through clock management.  Much like booneville.  This will be a great game to watch but im sticking to Dardy pulling out the W.
[/quote]

You apparently missed what happened to the "disciplined Booneville team"!!!

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Lizardfan92 on September 26, 2014, 10:38:59 am

[/quote]

Man, I've given props to the lizards for the team they are and took the beating with grace and moved on.  I didnt miss a minute of our discipline because it was no where to be found that night.  You can now go back to all the conference and state championships that dardy has one over the years. 

whippersnapper

Now it was a big night week 2 when I watched the Dardanelle Booneville game. But that night Dardanelle completely shut down the triple option game. The lizards were fired up but I think they are also fired up for this rivalry game. The lizard defense is what surprised me
most so far this year. The starting defense hasnt given up a score yet I think I heard or read somewhere. Dardanelle wins to keep on its path for the conference championship.

Gray lizard

Whippersnaper I agree with you.  If Dardanelle D puts Pottsville in 3rd and long it will be the game difference.  I think Dardanelle will do this, But if Pottsville moves the ball and controls the clock they are very likely to pull off the win.

On a side note I see where Perry returned a kick off for a TD last week for Tech and aslo has a int.

Lacerta agilis

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on September 26, 2014, 10:42:21 am

Man, I've given props to the lizards for the team they are and took the beating with grace and moved on.  I didnt miss a minute of our discipline because it was no where to be found that night.  You can now go back to all the conference and state championships that dardy has one over the years.
[/quote]
You have given props to Lizards this year, and while I don't always agree with your takes you are a solid poster on FF, not just on here to spew nonsense. Most longtime Lizards fans have nothing but respect for the Booneville football program.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Lacerta agilis on September 26, 2014, 12:40:59 pm
Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on September 26, 2014, 10:42:21 am

You have given props to Lizards this year, and while I don't always agree with your takes you are a solid poster on FF, not just on here to spew nonsense. Most longtime Lizards fans have nothing but respect for the Booneville football program.
[/quote]

+1

BIG_K

When a football program had some average years and begin a year undefeated 3 & 0 they tend to go a little over the top with excitement(Razorbacks). Let the dardy fans have their day in the sun because evening's a coming and someones gonna be first the other last in the conference tomorrow mornin.

Lacerta agilis

Quote from: BIG_K on September 26, 2014, 03:15:38 pm
When a football program had some average years and begin a year undefeated 3 & 0 they tend to go a little over the top with excitement(Razorbacks). Let the dardy fans have their day in the sun because evening's a coming and someones gonna be first the other last in the conference tomorrow mornin.

Same can be said of a program that's had a couple of good years after a history of football irrelevance. Evening is coming and you are correct about the conference standings tomorrow morning.

Gray lizard

Quote from: Lacerta agilis on September 26, 2014, 03:33:55 pm
Quote from: BIG_K on September 26, 2014, 03:15:38 pm

Same can be said of a program that's had a couple of good years after a history of football irrelevance. Evening is coming and you are correct about the conference standings tomorrow morning.

I do not think either of these teams will be on the bottom tomorrow.  One team will just have a loss.

BIG_K

apache_alum_90

That was an impressive win by Dardanelle, they were the much better team. They were a lot bigger on the line and plumb wore us out. Pottsville put up a good fight they were able to put up two tds and should have been 2 more if not for turnovers and shooting there self in the foot with stupid penalties. I can see Dardanelle ruining quite a few teams dreams and think they can make it to LR!

whippersnapper

Quote from: apache_alum_90 on September 26, 2014, 11:34:58 pm
That was an impressive win by Dardanelle, they were the much better team. They were a lot bigger on the line and plumb wore us out. Pottsville put up a good fight they were able to put up two tds and should have been 2 more if not for turnovers and shooting there self in the foot with stupid penalties. I can see Dardanelle ruining quite a few teams dreams and think they can make it to LR!
I agree although I think just semifinals.  Not sure I've seen enough yet to say LR.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas