• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mena @ Ashdown

Started by Bigredhog1971, September 21, 2014, 10:07:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigredhog1971

hawgfan15

Can Mena keep up with Ashdown's speed? That is the question of the game.

Hoghead

28 to 14 Ashdown. Bearcats run out of gas chasing the Panthers.

hogdiggity

Mena struggled mightly against HS, and should have lost that game.  They never stopped HS, HS shot themselves in the foot on one drive at Mena's 10 and took penalties and I believe a fumbled snap to loose all the way back to the 40 or they would have scored.  HS QB got the edge all night long and ripped off 10 yds at time.  If they watch Friday's film they will see a QB with more speed and a lot more moves than the one that was killing them in that game.  Mansfield gave them about all they could handle with the run game too, I predict a big night for B. Northcross and Lamontrick Turner.  Ashdown by 20.

I do give 20 and 44 a lot of credit for Mena, those two are pretty good ball players.

FootBallar21

Quote from: hogdiggity on September 22, 2014, 07:12:26 am
Mena struggled mightly against HS, and should have lost that game.  They never stopped HS, HS shot themselves in the foot on one drive at Mena's 10 and took penalties and I believe a fumbled snap to loose all the way back to the 40 or they would have scored.  HS QB got the edge all night long and ripped off 10 yds at time.  If they watch Friday's film they will see a QB with more speed and a lot more moves than the one that was killing them in that game.  Mansfield gave them about all they could handle with the run game too, I predict a big night for B. Northcross and Lamontrick Turner.  Ashdown by 20.

I do give 20 and 44 a lot of credit for Mena, those two are pretty good ball players.

HAHA, what games have you been watching.      Mena's defense bends, and does give up some yards but rarely breaks,   and Mena has been killing people in the 2nd half .   If Mena can play a complete game they can pull the upset.     Either way it will be high scoring Mena won't stop Ashdown that well but I don't think they stop Mena either.

Mena 28
Ashdown 35

hogdiggity

Quote from: FootBallar21 on September 22, 2014, 01:45:13 pm

HAHA, what games have you been watching.      Mena's defense bends, and does give up some yards but rarely breaks,   and Mena has been killing people in the 2nd half .   If Mena can play a complete game they can pull the upset.     Either way it will be high scoring Mena won't stop Ashdown that well but I don't think they stop Mena either.

Mena 28
Ashdown 35

I have watched the entire season for Mena on film. 

Hoghead

Yep, the QB for HS Anthony Goffigan ran wild on Mena. HS blew that game. Northcross will do as he pleases and lead Ashdown to victory. Question ? Has there not been a Northcross & Gulley on every Ashdown team in the past 40 years ?

polksalet

redeye819

hogdiggity

Quote from: polksalet on September 22, 2014, 03:08:16 pm
Gold cans 3
Purple cans 4

Good grief give it a rest.  It ain't like we didn't get orange paint everywhere too.  Besides you were painted with green from what I saw, I would think we would use school colors.  Your coaches were in on that deal

hogdiggity

Quote from: Hoghead on September 22, 2014, 02:42:40 pm

Yep, the QB for HS Anthony Goffigan ran wild on Mena. HS blew that game. Northcross will do as he pleases and lead Ashdown to victory. Question ? Has there not been a Northcross & Gulley on every Ashdown team in the past 40 years ?

I honestly can't think of a Gulley this year.....we have two Northcross'though :)

polksalet

You're right. We recruit our coaches from Shiloh. The refs were in on it all well. They always cheat for Nashville. So was Bigfoot and Obama.

hogdiggity

Quote from: polksalet on September 22, 2014, 06:45:18 pm
You're right. We recruit our coaches from Shiloh. The refs were in on it all well. They always cheat for Nashville. So was Bigfoot and Obama.

well at least you admit it now polk!  LOL 

polksalet

polksalet

Well, this thread ran out of gas.

whippersnapper

Mena is salty this year and ashdown shouldn't look over them. If mena can keep it close and keep in it they can win it late. But if mena doesn't stay disciplined on defense ashdown can run free

Scooter2121

Mena will see the back of Northcross and Turners jerseys all night and it won't be close in the 4th qrt.Ashdown by 28

redeye819

Quote from: Scooter2121 on September 25, 2014, 11:45:36 am
Mena will see the back of Northcross and Turners jerseys all night and it won't be close in the 4th qrt.Ashdown by 28
Interesting.....

hawgfan15

Very impressive Mena. Looks like Ashdown played like Ashdown.

polksalet

Hoghead

Quote from: hawgfan15 on September 26, 2014, 10:46:48 pm
Very impressive Mena. Looks like Ashdown played like Ashdown.

The playoff spots just got tight !!!  Mena !!!!!

scrapdawg

Didn't see this coming what happened?

redeye819

redeye819

Thing that make you go hmmm

Bigbossman

Quote from: Scooter2121 on September 25, 2014, 11:45:36 am
Nailed it.........oh wait no you didn't.

hogdiggity

congrats Mena, they were ready to play Ashdown wasn't.  I am not sure we win another game.  There are some serious issues on this Ashdown team that I don't see getting fixed anytime soon.

redeye819

Quote from: hogdiggity on September 27, 2014, 01:57:17 pm
congrats Mena, they were ready to play Ashdown wasn't.  I am not sure we win another game.  There are some serious issues on this Ashdown team that I don't see getting fixed anytime soon.
That's  like a complete 180 from your post on the 22nd. Did these "serious issues" just come about? What's really going on in kitty kat country?

hawgfan15

You still have Waldron..

Bigbossman

congrats Mena, they were ready to play Ashdown wasn't.  I am not sure we win another game. There are some serious issues on this Ashdown team that I don't see getting fixed anytime soon.
they might win one maybe two more. Im just counting the days scrapper nation comes down that way.

hogdiggity

Quote from: redeye819 on September 27, 2014, 02:26:29 pm
That's  like a complete 180 from your post on the 22nd. Did these "serious issues" just come about? What's really going on in kitty kat country?

can't even take a compliment?  The issues were apparent all year long, were a llittle better last week but I saw some things turn back to bad and that really bothered me this week.  I won't post what or who because I don't call players/coaches out on these boards.

I think we would have been better off with Northross running instead of all the sudden trying to throw a bunch.  He did end up average a pretty decent number if you take out the sacks. 

Again, Mena was ready to play Ashdown wasn't.  Congrats.

polksalet

Prolonged exposure to paint fumes has probably slowed their reflexes.

FootBallar21

Quote from: hogdiggity on September 27, 2014, 04:36:22 pm

can't even take a compliment?  The issues were apparent all year long, were a llittle better last week but I saw some things turn back to bad and that really bothered me this week.  I won't post what or who because I don't call players/coaches out on these boards.

I think we would have been better off with Northross running instead of all the sudden trying to throw a bunch.  He did end up average a pretty decent number if you take out the sacks. 

Ashdown was at home had the fans and everything and wasn't ready to play and Mena won because it was ready to play LOL,  Mena won because it was the better team,   Mena wins this game 8 out of 10 times.   Ashdown is still a solid team and will beat Bauxite ,  Fountain Lake and Waldron,  and still could give Malvern a decent game.      Mena has been on the verge of playing great all year,    the 2nd half vs Dequeen,  2nd half vs Hot Springs were both great as they outscored those 2 teams 58 - 8 in the 2nd half of those games,   Mena finally played a complete game,  and if they do it again they can beat Malvern. 

Hoghead

Quote from: Bigbossman on September 27, 2014, 02:31:02 pm
congrats Mena, they were ready to play Ashdown wasn't.  I am not sure we win another game. There are some serious issues on this Ashdown team that I don't see getting fixed anytime soon.
they might win one maybe two more. Im just counting the days scrapper nation comes down that way.
Nashville will be crossing Lake Millwood in a few weeks to pounce on the Panthers. Ashdown needs to be ready !

THE D.O.C

Quote from: FootBallar21 on September 28, 2014, 08:58:46 pm
Quote from: hogdiggity on September 27, 2014, 04:36:22 pm

Ashdown was at home had the fans and everything and wasn't ready to play and Mena won because it was ready to play LOL,  Mena won because it was the better team,   Mena wins this game 8 out of 10 times.   Ashdown is still a solid team and will beat Bauxite ,  Fountain Lake and Waldron,  and still could give Malvern a decent game.      Mena has been on the verge of playing great all year,    the 2nd half vs Dequeen,  2nd half vs Hot Springs were both great as they outscored those 2 teams 58 - 8 in the 2nd half of those games,   Mena finally played a complete game,  and if they do it again they can beat Malvern.
Sounds like Mena has skilled players at every position.

CatchTheGreyhound!

Mena by 14, and watch out for them in the playoffs they are that 3rd/4th seed you don't want to run across!!

GO GREYHOUNDS!!!

Frosty

Quote from: CatchTheGreyhound! on September 29, 2014, 05:26:57 am
Mena by 14, and watch out for them in the playoffs they are that 3rd/4th seed you don't want to run across!!

GO GREYHOUNDS!!!
Game was played last Friday. You're a little behind.

hogdiggity

Quote from: Hoghead on September 28, 2014, 11:59:26 pm
Quote from: Bigbossman on September 27, 2014, 02:31:02 pm
Nashville will be crossing Lake Millwood in a few weeks to pounce on the Panthers. Ashdown needs to be ready !

hoghead, as big of a homer for the Panthers as i am, there is no way we keep that game close this year.  Wish I could say otherwise but it just ain't gonna happen.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas