• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FF 4A Top Ten - Week 4

Started by LJ06, September 21, 2014, 06:49:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LJ06

THE TOP TEN

1.  Nashville (8 ) - 280
2.  Dollarway (2) - 234 [+1]
3.  Warren (3) - 206 [-1]
4.  Star City (1) - 206
5.  Arkadelphia (1) - 204 [+1]
6.  Dardanelle - 140 [+2]
7.  Malvern - 124
8.  Hamburg - 74 [+2]
9.  Newport - 60 [-4]
10.  Pottsville - 40*

Other Receiving Votes:  Gosnell 16, Highland 14, Prairie Grove 12, Pulaski Robinson 8, Ashdown 6, Heber Springs 4, Fountain Lake 2, Lonoke 2, Pea Ridge 2

Teams Dropped Out of Top Ten:  Gosnell

Notes:  Numbers in parenthesis represent the number of first place votes that team received. A team with a number in a bracket beside it represents the change in rank from the prior week poll. An asterisk beside a team represents a team new to the top ten. This poll is the results of the votes of 15 people who have good knowledge of 4A football and have every conference represented.

AirWarren

cuckoobird

You shouldnt comment on that. Sounds creepy

SUGARTOWN

Chief-Chickasaw

Gosnell should not be anywhere close to the top 10. They were lucky to escape a bad Osceola team and just played Rivercrest to a tie. Besides anyone who plays them should win by forfeit cause they play with a lot of players who live out of district and go to their school illegally.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Chief-Chickasaw on September 21, 2014, 08:35:05 pm
Gosnell should not be anywhere close to the top 10. They were lucky to escape a bad Osceola team and just played Rivercrest to a tie. Besides anyone who plays them should win by forfeit cause they play with a lot of players who live out of district and go to their school illegally.
Who are these illegal players? Identify them for us...

apache_alum_90

Forgot to send mine in, sorry! Busy weekend, had an all day hunters Ed class I coordinated Saturday and then church and cell phone problems today I had to handle. It slipped my mind.

LJ06

Quote from: apache_alum_90 on September 21, 2014, 08:40:38 pm
Forgot to send mine in, sorry! Busy weekend, had an all day hunters Ed class I coordinated Saturday and then church and cell phone problems today I had to handle. It slipped my mind.

No problem used an alternate

cuckoobird

LJ06

Big Fan

bodycounTT

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 21, 2014, 08:40:07 pm
Chief Chickasaw is a disgruntled fan from a neighboring town. Just trying to stir up unneeded animosity based on skewed and limited knowledge.

Chief-Chickasaw

September 21, 2014, 10:32:20 pm #12 Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 08:47:55 am by Chief-Chickasaw
Quote from: bodycounTT on September 21, 2014, 10:16:47 pm
Chief Chickasaw is a disgruntled fan from a neighboring town. Just trying to stir up unneeded animosity based on skewed and limited knowledge.

Let's start with their star ***Position Has Been Removed*** and future felon (currently facing armed robbery charges) ***Name Has Been Removed****. I'm not sure if the AAA allows for school officials to become guardian so he can play for that school.   

Big Fan

Quote from: Chief-Chickasaw on September 21, 2014, 10:32:20 pm
Let's start with their star running back and future felon (currently facing armed robbery charges) Carlos Blackmon. I'm not sure if the AAA allows for school officials to become guardian so he can play for that school.
Hmmmm.....not sure throwing a kid (by name) under the bus on a public forum is cool. 

mr.b@sc

Quote from: Big Fan on September 21, 2014, 10:56:57 pm
Let's start with their star running back and future felon (currently facing armed robbery charges) Carlos Blackmon. I'm not sure if the AAA allows for school officials to become guardian so he can play for that school.
Hmmmm.....not sure throwing a kid (by name) under the bus on a public forum is cool.
calling a kid out is not cool but it is not cool for a school to play a kid facing armed robbery charges either...

Big Fan

Quote from: mr.b@sc on September 21, 2014, 11:03:09 pm
Quote from: Big Fan on September 21, 2014, 10:56:57 pm
calling a kid out is not cool but it is not cool for a school to play a kid facing armed robbery charges either...
Are you throwing this out as a fact?  Or just regurgitating?   

SUGARTOWN

You said "lot of players who live out of district", yet you name only one? Hmmm.

Let me guess, they used to play for Blytheville? Otherwise why do you care about what may or may not being happening in Gosnell...

cuckoobird

Jack1990

September 22, 2014, 07:37:17 am #18 Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 08:44:47 am by Jack1990
Let's start with their star running back and future felon (currently facing armed robbery charges). I'm not sure if the AAA allows for school officials to become guardian so he can play for that school.
Wow!! Might get to see the ban hammer come out on this one!

Chief-Chickasaw

Only put that kids name out there cause he is the one everyone in the community knows about and it is not a secret.  I forget that this is a state wide forum and not everyone knows what goes on in our part of the state.  Again this is common knowledge. 
    I am sorry but this has been going on for years and nothing is ever done to about it.  It is very easy to prove.  There is a school of choice lawsuit against Blytheville going on right now.  Anyone can look at the addresses the parents use for the lawsuit when they were fighting for school of choice and now that they lost look at the address they use so their kids can go to Gosnell.
    No ban will come of this they have been turned in several times and nothing happens. 

Jack1990

Refering to a ban in the forum for the poster not for the player or school.

Chief-Chickasaw

Oh sorry, did I do something wrong I'm new to the board.  I did not post anything that is untrue.  Someone asked me to give names so I did, and gave the name that is common knowlege for our area.   
  If I posted something wrong would they please delete my post.  Again I am sorry for anything I may have done wrong.   

Jack1990

Quote from: Chief-Chickasaw on September 22, 2014, 08:33:01 am
  Oh sorry, did I do something wrong I'm new to the board.  I did not post anything that is untrue.  Someone asked me to give names so I did, and gave the name that is common knowlege for our area.   
  If I posted something wrong would they please delete my post.  Again I am sorry for anything I may have done wrong.   
I'm only making personal observations.  I don't have the ability /authority to do any of that.  Typically naming a student and criminal allegations they may/may not have done are generally frowned upon.  I would suggest editing your original post and hoping others will do the same.  Only moderators/Admins can ban, but you can edit.

Chief-Chickasaw

Again sorry for posting the kids name.  I have went back and edited my original post. If you responded to my post please edit it and take the kids name out.  This is a issue that is common knowledge in our area and is openly talked about so I didn't think about using the kids name.

TBone70

I'm not going to discuss Gosnell player issues but Highland beat Earle pretty handedly Friday which is not saying much, The week before Earle beat Rivercrest which is the team Gosnell tied against Friday. So Highland should be feeling a little more confident going into conference play and when Highland plays Gosnell at Highland. JS

Chief-Chickasaw

Quote from: TBone70 on September 22, 2014, 09:56:30 am
I'm not going to discuss Gosnell player issues but Highland beat Earle pretty handedly Friday which is not saying much, The week before Earle beat Rivercrest which is the team Gosnell tied against Friday. So Highland should be feeling a little more confident going into conference play and when Highland plays Gosnell at Highland. JS
Gosnell's running back got hurt early in 1st qrt against Rivercrest so that hurt their offence. You should beat them easily.  I see them as second in the confrence just because I think the rest of the confrence is weak this year.

GHS_08

Quote from: TBone70 on September 22, 2014, 09:56:30 am

Tbone, Gosnell is playing no where near the level they were at last year. Lots of talent on the team. Just can't seem to put it together. Too many stupid mistakes and penalties. I'm hoping we are just starting out slow. But if we don't pick it up Highland will crush us.

cuckoobird

September 22, 2014, 11:15:59 am #27 Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 02:40:00 pm by cuckoobird
Chief, this is your last warning.

-Mark-

While I don't necessarily disagree with any of the teams in the Top 10, I do have a question for the purpose of discussion:

What will it take for Fountain Lake to break into the Top 10? I saw two votes for the Cobras this week. With an impressive win over 5A Little Rock Christian and a tie against 5A top-10 Maumelle (FL botched the game-winning FG as time expired), I was just curious what it would take for the team to get more recognition.

Up next for FL:
@ Waldron
vs. Nashville
vs. Arkadelphia

redeye819

Quote from: -Mark- on September 22, 2014, 03:22:47 pm
While I don't necessarily disagree with any of the teams in the Top 10, I do have a question for the purpose of discussion:

What will it take for Fountain Lake to break into the Top 10? I saw two votes for the Cobras this week. With an impressive win over 5A Little Rock Christian and a tie against 5A top-10 Maumelle (FL botched the game-winning FG as time expired), I was just curious what it would take for the team to get more recognition.

Up next for FL:

@ Waldron
vs. Nashville
vs. Arkadelphia
Win the next three

~WPS~

Quote from: -Mark- on September 22, 2014, 03:22:47 pm

Up next for FL:
@ Waldron
vs. Nashville
vs. Arkadelphia
Ftn. Lake is a #11-#15 team right now in my opinion. If they can win 2 of the next 3 and the one loss is at least close I would put them in the top 10.

SUGARTOWN

Win the next two and I'll probably vote F. Lake top 10. But I'm not sure if Maumelle is a top 10 5A team. Beating Jacksonville 9-7 and N. Pulaski 39-0 proves very little. P. Robinson beat N. Pulaski worse than that...

LJ06

Beating Waldron won't win you any points for sure, but beating Nashville in week 5 wins you serious brownie points.  Good luck.

FBfan79

September 22, 2014, 05:53:28 pm #33 Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 06:31:40 pm by FBfan79
Maumelle played terrible.  There were some missed calls just like a lot of games.  FL is better than I thought but the size matchups are gonna really hurt them.  Hope they prove me wrong.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas