• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7-4A Week 4

Started by hawgfan15, September 21, 2014, 06:29:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgfan15

September 21, 2014, 06:29:19 pm Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 09:40:20 pm by hawgfan15
Conference play is finally here and like most years there should be great games every week fighting for playoff spots and positioning. The conference had a combined record of 17-6-1, 3 of those losses come from Waldron...

Game of the Week

Arkadelphia (3-0) @ Nashville (3-0)

Here we are again, for the third year in a row this game kicks off conference play and will go a long way in determining who the conference champs will be this season. The Badgers return a stout defense and a high scoring offense. There may be new faces on offense but so far we have seen the same results. Nashville looks like they have their best team in the last 5 years. This is a great opportunity to show 4A that the Scrappers are back and will be a force come playoff time. I expect this to be more of a defensive battle and anyone's game in the 4th quarter.

Nashville 27

Arkadelphia 14

Mena (3-0) @ Ashdown (2-1)

The Bearcats make their return back to 7-4A with a tough road test @ Ashdown. They are a big physical team but the biggest question mark is do they have enough speed to keep up with the top teams in this conference. Mena is off to a great start and a win @ Ashdown would set them up with a great chance at a top 4 seed for the playoffs. Ashdown knows this is a must win also if they want a chance at winning conference this season. JR QB Brandon Northcross is one of the best athletes in 4A and is always a big threat with his arm and legs. If the Panthers can play a clean game with limited mistakes and turnovers I think they pull away in the 4th quarter. Should be a great game.

Ashdown 35

Mena 28

Bauxite (2-1) @ Malvern (2-1)

The Miners are off to their best start in several years. Bauxite is led by SR WR Ben Madison and he is one of the best pass catchers in the conference. Malvern was a preseason favorite to win the conference and to be one of the top contenders for the state title. A 17 point loss to Lake Hamilton exposed a few weaknesses and has the Leopards flying under the radar at this time. I still feel like the last two weeks of the season will ultimately dictate how this conference plays out. Ironically Malvern is in the biggest games those weeks. Malvern should have no problem in this one.

Malvern 49

Bauxite 14

Fountain Lake (2-0-1) @ Waldron (0-3)

The Cobras opened some eyes last Friday night with a tie against Maumelle who is a top 10 team in 5A. This is Fountain Lakes first season back in 7-4A and I expect them to contend for a playoff spot. Also returning to 7-4A is Waldron. The Bulldogs have had a rough couple of years recently and it won't be getting any easier in 7-4A. Fountain Lake should win big in this one.

Fountain Lake 42

Waldron 7

Feel free to post your predictions, thoughts, and insight on all of these games. Should be a great year for this conference!

HORNET-MAN

FBfan79

Looks good. There are gonna be some good games in this conference starting right off the bat

FBfan79

September 27, 2014, 08:06:10 am #3 Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 08:10:53 am by FBfan79
Ashdown falls... Kind of unsure about Malvern.  This is gonna be a fun year.  Waiting for week 5 report hawgfan.   

Nice win by Mena

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas