• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lonoke vs. Heber Springs

Started by Legendrabbit, September 20, 2014, 11:35:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Legendrabbit

If lonoke gets their stud RB back they should take this one easily. What are yalls thoughts?

Clintonjacket44

I definitely wouldn't say easily. Heber Springs prepares well. I see them having some upsets this year in the 2-4A, and this very well could be their first. They have good depth on the OL/DL, and a good solid rotation of running backs. Ready to see how this game unfolds.

phdefense

Heber seems to be better than most thought they would be this year.

CounterPunch

Quote from: phdefense on September 20, 2014, 06:04:33 pm
Heber seems to be better than most thought they would be this year.
they have one heck of a coach and staff

incogneto

The staff is indeed very good at Heber Springs.  Those young coaches have been working with and playing for some excellent coaches.  They are pretty big up front which helps as well. 

phdefense

Quote from: incogneto on September 20, 2014, 07:42:23 pm
The staff is indeed very good at Heber Springs.  Those young coaches have been working with and playing for some excellent coaches.  They are pretty big up front which helps as well.
The well no wonder. I do not think it is legal for the coaches to suit up though. Maybe the young coaches need to learn the rules.

Clintonjacket44

[/quote]they have one heck of a coach and staff
[/quote]

Think you might be a little biased CounterPunch  ;)

They're my dark horse to pull a 3 seed or better in the 2-4A. I've taken a loss from them this year, and they definitely have my respect.

LakeRat

I have to say the transition from Head Coach Janski to Farr has really impressed me. There hasn't been any huge changes to the style of offense/defense but I have seen significant improvements in execution in several key areas.

Both offensive and defensive lines have been really good at controlling the the line and managing the running game both ways. They played really well against a much larger line with 5A Greenbriar in week 2.

I was really impressed this week against Harding who had a very impressive quarterback and receivers at how well the Panther secondary shut them down.

Offensively we're playing balanced and smart with effective weapons in the air and on the ground.

I look forward heading down to Lonoke and a tough game against the Wabbits™. I believe we will surprise y'all even with the lack of fanfare and not much attention in the rankings from the statisticians, psychics and tea leaf readers...

CounterPunch

I am biased but they are great guys and geat coaches.

Fanofsports

Did Heber lose many players? I thought they were young last year, but could be mistaken. My guess is Heber by 7.

LakeRat

The Panthers have eight offensive and nine defensive returning starters from last year.

hasenpfeffer

Quote from: LakeRat on September 21, 2014, 10:02:13 am
I have to say the transition from Head Coach Janski to Farr has really impressed me. There hasn't been any huge changes to the style of offense/defense but I have seen significant improvements in execution in several key areas.

Both offensive and defensive lines have been really good at controlling the the line and managing the running game both ways. They played really well against a much larger line with 5A Greenbriar in week 2.

I was really impressed this week against Harding who had a very impressive quarterback and receivers at how well the Panther secondary shut them down.

Offensively we're playing balanced and smart with effective weapons in the air and on the ground.

I look forward heading down to Lonoke and a tough game against the Wabbits™. I believe we will surprise y'all even with the lack of fanfare and not much attention in the rankings from the statisticians, psychics and tea leaf readers...
There will be no surprises. Our normal one game train wreck happened this last Friday night.  I believe you will see a different type of speed and players than you saw playing Clinton and Hardin.  If we are healthly.  Rabbs by 21. 

LakeRat

Quote from: hasenpfeffer on September 22, 2014, 11:17:00 amThere will be no surprises. Our normal one game train wreck happened this last Friday night.  I believe you will see a different type of speed and players than you saw playing Clinton and Hardin.  If we are healthly.  Rabbs by 21. 

You mean something other than your common household speed..?

What do y'all got? New & Improved Speed with Fresh Scent.. or Extra Cheese flavored..?

I'm sure we'll see something different than Clinton... as usual, them mud-daubers were all hat and no cattle!! 

Legendrabbit

Idk why people think lonoke has a lot of speed every year? Who was fast on last years team? They just played together!

phdefense

Quote from: Legendrabbit on September 23, 2014, 08:05:45 pm
Idk why people think lonoke has a lot of speed every year? Who was fast on last years team? They just played together!
Blake Mack

CounterPunch

They had a stud QB last year, that's for sure. He killed us. We barely got out alive. Speed is usually a little above average in my opinion for Lonoke. We usually matchup well with them in speed.

cuckoobird

I think theyre talking about forty times cp, not the stuff you cook up in the trailer.

hasenpfeffer

Quote from: LakeRat on September 23, 2014, 01:04:38 pm
Quote from: hasenpfeffer on September 22, 2014, 11:17:00 amThere will be no surprises. Our normal one game train wreck happened this last Friday night.  I believe you will see a different type of speed and players than you saw playing Clinton and Hardin.  If we are healthly.  Rabbs by 21. 

What do y'all got? New & Improved Speed with Fresh Scent.. or Extra Cheese flavored..?

I'm sure we'll see something different than Clinton... as usual, them mud-daubers were all hat and no cattle!!

Hey Nutria

Our speed comes from WalmartS.    Located next to the tater salad.

hasenpfeffer

Your comment here shows you do not know the team.

phdefense

Quote from: hasenpfeffer on September 24, 2014, 09:02:00 am

Hey Nutria

Walmart's tater salad may give you the runs I am not so sure about speed though.

cuckoobird

Well, it will make you run fast to the bathroom

The_Laughing_Cow

Haven't been on in awhile, but I do think the Rabs will bounce back from this loss. Coach Bost will have them ready to go this week with conference starting up and i bet will not be underestimating the panthers. I hope this is the case at least because last week was awful. Not to mention just being at McClellan was bad. My wife and I were a little bit concerned walking to the car after the game. I'm saying the rabs will bounce back and win by 7 over the panthers. Safe travels for all of the Heber fans this week.

LakeRat

Hey Nutria

Hey Tater...

Hmmmm not sure what you are implying... Linemen tend to bring the groceries.

Those fancy refrigerated pickles and cheap bake at home pizzas are next to the tater salad... Never imagined pickles and pizza were a viable football weapon... But we're talkin Lonoke right..?

hasenpfeffer

Quote from: LakeRat on September 24, 2014, 11:40:47 am

Hey Nutria

Hey Tater...

Hmmmm not sure what you are implying... Linemen tend to bring the groceries.

Those fancy refrigerated pickles and cheap bake at home pizzas are next to the tater salad... Never imagined pickles and pizza were a viable football weapon... But we're talkin Lonoke right..?
love this site.  We went from Cheese flavored speed to tater salad to Pickles and pizza.  I am out the rest of the week Hope all the Heber fans have a safe drive.  If you get there early eat at Pruitts a catfish and bbq place or the Lone oak Cafe.  If you go to the Cafe have the old school.

Legendrabbit

pantherfan232

September 26, 2014, 09:58:17 pm #25 Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 10:00:25 pm by pantherfan232
Wooooooooooo whooooooooooo how bout them PANTHERS!!!!!!!!

Way to go 7th grade, Jr high and High School

SUGARTOWN

Good win for Heber, 2 losses in a row for Lonoke. Ouch.

LakeRat

Quite an exciting game!!

Lonoke has a good team and yes, some explosive speed. Great hosts as usual!!

Panthers impressed again with just an all around solid and balanced execution/attack on both sides of the ball.

Time to wash off the rabbit fur and prepare to ruffle some feathers!!

LJ06

Heber is very much a surprise team. Not many thought they'd be this good this season.

1. Helena
2. Newport
3. Heber
4. Lonoke
5. Stuttgart

Fanofsports

Quote from: LakeRat on September 27, 2014, 08:09:36 am
Quite an exciting game!!

Panthers impressed again with just an all around solid and balanced execution/attack on both sides of the ball.

Was just wondering who has explosive speed on this team this year? Did some one move in or up from junior high? Have not had time to come watch them play this year, but do know that last year their top RB was caught from behind four times last year to prevent him from getting TDs, so unless he has improved his speed do not see him as explosive or fast. Roundtree may be fast, but when I watched the Rabbits last year he hardly got to play even when Lonoke was way ahead, so it is hard to know whether he was or not. Mack was fast, but he has graduated.  Bailey is definitely fast and if the line gives him a hole he could be explosive , Holland is fast but doesn't play on offense.  Elmore is fast as well. Maybe I will come watch them sometime to see for myself. Anyway, good luck to Heber and the Rabbits for the rest of the season.

hasenpfeffer

Quote from: Fanofsports on September 28, 2014, 06:09:33 pm
Quite an exciting game!!

Was just wondering who has explosive speed on this team this year? Did some one move in or up from junior high? Have not had time to come watch them play this year, but do know that last year their top RB was caught from behind four times last year to prevent him from getting TDs, so unless he has improved his speed do not see him as explosive or fast. Roundtree may be fast, but when I watched the Rabbits last year he hardly got to play even when Lonoke was way ahead, so it is hard to know whether he was or not. Mack was fast, but he has graduated.  Bailey is definitely fast and if the line gives him a hole he could be explosive , Holland is fast but doesn't play on offense.  Elmore is fast as well. Maybe I will come watch them sometime to see for myself. Anyway, good luck to Heber and the Rabbits for the rest of the season.
You left off Justin Meadows. I would bet the fastest player in our conference.

Fanofsports

Quote from: hasenpfeffer on September 29, 2014, 09:25:36 am
Quote from: Fanofsports on September 28, 2014, 06:09:33 pm
Quite an exciting game!!

You left off Justin Meadows. I would bet the fastest player in our conference.
oh yes, Justin is fast as well. Sorry for leaving him off.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas