• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkadelphia @ Nashville

Started by polksalet, September 19, 2014, 10:09:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

phdefense

September 22, 2014, 06:42:46 am #50 Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 06:46:08 am by phdefense
If Nashville is down at half time they will lose. In fact they might even lose with a lead  ;) . Eldridge has proven to be better than Dawson at adjustments after the half.

hawgfan15

Fair statement. Better overall talent sure can make you look good. I think it is Dawson's year in that category.

Scrappcheerdad

Quote from: phdefense on September 22, 2014, 06:42:46 am
If Nashville is down at half time they will lose. In fact they might even lose with a lead  ;) . Eldridge has proven to be better than Dawson at adjustments after the half.

I'm pretty sure we had the lead at half the last two seasons and lost.We will not lose this year we have a better team then we had the last couple seasons. Arkadelphia fans think cuz they beat the scrappers the last two seasons that you have accomplished something. The only thing you have done is beat a couple decent teams. Last year the badgers were suppose to win it all how did that work out. Good luck Friday you will need it. ;D

SUGARTOWN

Arkadelphia wasn't supposed to win it all last year, I think you have them confused with Warren.  :)

Megatron

Should be a great game..I think I will wait before I pick a winner.

Lionheart88

Quote from: Scrappcheerdad on September 22, 2014, 02:56:14 pm

I'm pretty sure we had the lead at half the last two seasons and lost.We will not lose this year we have a better team then we had the last couple seasons. Arkadelphia fans think cuz they beat the scrappers the last two seasons that you have accomplished something. The only thing you have done is beat a couple decent teams. Last year the badgers were suppose to win it all how did that work out. Good luck Friday you will need it. ;D
Everybody with a halfway decent team says their team has a shot to win it all every year.  Don't take the word of a couple of blinkered Badger fanboys as gospel.

Scrappcheerdad

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 22, 2014, 03:42:35 pm
Arkadelphia wasn't supposed to win it all last year, I think you have them confused with Warren.  :)

I have a good buddy who lives in arkadelphia I'm sure I'm just remembering all the talking he was doing.

arklasports57

Hooten's gives Nashville a one point edge over Arkadelphia.  Interesting......hoping to see an awesome hard fought rivalry battle Friday night in Nashville

hawgfan15

Quote from: arklasports57 on September 22, 2014, 07:29:54 pm
Hooten's gives Nashville a one point edge over Arkadelphia.  Interesting......hoping to see an awesome hard fought rivalry battle Friday night in Nashville

I think we can count on it. I just home we don't beat each other up too bad. Both teams should make some noise in the playoffs.

arklasports57

Quote from: hawgfan15 on September 22, 2014, 07:44:21 pm

I think we can count on it. I just home we don't beat each other up too bad. Both teams should make some noise in the playoffs.

I honestly agree.  Course we both want the win but I always back 4A-7 teams, especially Nashville.  Hoping for a strong finish in 7-4

mr.b@sc

Hooten's only gave Pa a one point edge over warren and we saw how that worked out..lol

arklasports57

Quote from: mr.b@sc on September 22, 2014, 07:59:39 pm
Hooten's only gave Pa a one point edge over warren and we saw how that worked out..lol

yeah, but they're still ranked number uno by Hooten's though aren't they??  not sure I fully understand that one

CounterPunch

Quote from: arklasports57 on September 22, 2014, 08:04:49 pm

yeah, but they're still ranked number uno by Hooten's though aren't they??  not sure I fully understand that one
Because they haven't been beat by a 4a team. Makes perfect sense.

arklasports57

Quote from: CounterPunch on September 22, 2014, 08:07:14 pm
Quote from: arklasports57 on September 22, 2014, 08:04:49 pm

Because they haven't been beat by a 4a team. Makes perfect sense.

you're absolutely correct CP and makes sense to me also, just wasn't sure of the calculation.

lightsoutlefty

My prediction: Nashville leads at half, Arkadelphia by 10 at the end

paraloma

hogfan10

September 23, 2014, 09:01:59 am #66 Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 09:04:41 am by hogfan10

If the Badgers and fans thought they accomplished something the last two years, it was because of all the BS coming from Nashville about how great they were.
Ya'll came into last years game, what 2-1, with a loss to Hope (who according to Nashville had the greatest team on earth); and the previous year ya'll were 3-0 (after beating the extremely tuff Hope team, again according to Nashville). Everybody knows Nashville is the best team in 4A until they play the Badgers in week 4 each year; if you don't know it, you just haven't talked to a scrapper fan.

Maybe this year all the hype from Nashville will hold true, it has to sooner or later.

hawgfan15

Quote from: hogfan10 on September 23, 2014, 09:01:59 am

If the Badgers and fans thought they accomplished something the last two years, it was because of all the BS coming from Nashville about how great they were.
Ya'll came into last years game, what 2-1, with a loss to Hope (who according to Nashville had the greatest team on earth); and the previous year ya'll were 3-0 (after beating the extremely tuff Hope team, again according to Nashville). Everybody knows Nashville is the best team in 4A until they play the Badgers in week 4 each year; if you don't know it, you just haven't talked to a scrapper fan.

Maybe this year all the hype from Nashville will hold true, it has to sooner or later.

Let me correct your mistakes. First of all that Hope team last year was really good, better than Arkadelphia (semifinalist in 5A). A few scrapper fans may have talked trash last year but we all knew it was a long shot to beat Arkadelphia. As for the year before we were 2-1 going into this game, lost to Watson Chapel. Hope was terrible that year, only winning 4 games.

I hope you enjoyed the last two down years for Nashville, things are about to be back to the way they once were.

hogfan10

Quote from: hawgfan15 on September 23, 2014, 09:57:53 am

Let me correct your mistakes. First of all that Hope team last year was really good, better than Arkadelphia (semifinalist in 5A). A few scrapper fans may have talked trash last year but we all knew it was a long shot to beat Arkadelphia. As for the year before we were 2-1 going into this game, lost to Watson Chapel. Hope was terrible that year, only winning 4 games.

I hope you enjoyed the last two down years for Nashville, things are about to be back to the way they once were.

Appreciate the corrections; but the point was that regardless of how good Hope actually was or wasn't in those years, after Nashville played them (win or lose) it was declared by Nashville that they were good.
So if Arkadelphia wins Friday, does that mean we're good this year; you know, since Nashville is good this year and all?

hawgfan15

Quote from: hogfan10 on September 23, 2014, 10:17:05 am
Quote from: hawgfan15 on September 23, 2014, 09:57:53 am

Appreciate the corrections; but the point was that regardless of how good Hope actually was or wasn't in those years, after Nashville played them (win or lose) it was declared by Nashville that they were good.
So if Arkadelphia wins Friday, does that mean we're good this year; you know, since Nashville is good this year and all?

Yes if Arkadelphia beats Nashville this year it means that they are just as good as last year if not better. My reasoning is that Nashville is a much better team than they were the past two years. I knew we were good before the Hope game  ;D

polksalet

They haven't seen anyone like Wilcox.

hogfan10

Quote from: polksalet on September 23, 2014, 01:12:34 pm
They haven't seen anyone like Wilcox.

Of course we haven't, Nashville is the only school in the state that has studs.

Superjack45

Quote from: Scrappcheerdad on September 20, 2014, 07:18:10 am
Our defense will be the game changer. If our offense plays half as good as they did in the opener we win by 3 scores. When you lose a star QB and a star RB as the badgers did last year you just don't get talent like the next year. The scrappers keep winning maybe next year arkadelphia. Probably not
I will tell you what I know and this is from seeing with my own eyes. EC will be a force if you don't control him from the the onset of the game. They have a running back that is a load to handle Kostner I believe. If the game is close in the 4th, I just don't know on this one. I like Nashville but they are always a thorn in Warrens side in the playoffs, Scrappers in a close one with P-way being the difference maker.

cuckoobird

They better hope petway isnt making all the tackles or it will be a long LONGGGG night

Scrappcheerdad

One question when is the last time the Badgers have won a state championship and how many do they have in football. I know the last few years they have been really good in baseball just don't have a clue about football.

hawgfan15

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 23, 2014, 03:32:14 pm
They better hope petway isnt making all the tackles or it will be a long LONGGGG night

This would be true. Our leading tackler is our DE, I bet he makes more plays than the secondary.

Lionheart88

Quote from: Scrappcheerdad on September 23, 2014, 03:38:35 pm

One question when is the last time the Badgers have won a state championship and how many do they have in football. I know the last few years they have been really good in baseball just don't have a clue about football.
1987 probably, but championships won before any of the current roster were in junior high have nothing to do with this game for either team.

arklasports57

September 23, 2014, 04:52:09 pm #77 Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 04:54:00 pm by arklasports57

not sure either but have seen a lot of improvement in the last few years in the football program.  heading in the right direction at least

wing

Quote from: arklasports57 on September 23, 2014, 04:52:09 pm

not sure either but have seen a lot of improvement in the last few years in the football program.  heading in the right direction at least

Coach John Outlaw won two SC at Arkadelphia (1979 & 1987) before he left for Texas. The 87' team finished #1 overall. Not sure before that.

transplant

Nobody better be in my seat...I assume they have left it empty for the last two years.

Mulerider

Quote from: wing on September 23, 2014, 05:22:42 pm

Coach John Outlaw won two SC at Arkadelphia (1979 & 1987) before he left for Texas. The 87' team finished #1 overall. Not sure before that.

The 1987 Badger team was one of the best AAA (now AAAA) teams to ever take the field in the State of Arkansas. 

hawgfan15

03Badger

I'm a little worried this year. I haven't seen anything impressive from Arkadelphia and I've been a little disappointed. Arkadelphia has no doubt the better coaching; but players make plays, teams win games, and defense wins championships.

After pounding Nashville the last 2-3? Years Nashville may take The W this year. But it won't be a blowout either way.

Scrappcheerdad

Quote from: 03Badger on September 23, 2014, 09:06:06 pm
I'm a little worried this year. I haven't seen anything impressive from Arkadelphia and I've been a little disappointed. Arkadelphia has no doubt the better coaching; but players make plays, teams win games, and defense wins championships.

After pounding Nashville the last 2-3? Years Nashville may take The W this year. But it won't be a blowout either

Pounding ? Last year it was 8 or 9 points I'm pretty sure.  I don't believe that's a pounding.

Arkansasfootballfan

After pounding Nashville the last 2-3? Years Nashville may take The W this year. But it won't be a blowout either way.

Jeff Blake rushing for over 200 yards last week was pretty impressive.

phdefense

Quote from: Scrappcheerdad on September 24, 2014, 06:53:16 am

After pounding Nashville the last 2-3? Years Nashville may take The W this year. But it won't be a blowout either

Pounding ? Last year it was 8 or 9 points I'm pretty sure.  I don't believe that's a pounding.
Pound would be an accurate way to describe they way they were beaten rather than the margin of victory. Nashville is starting to develop the reputation of not being able to hold up to good physical teams. It's been a steady pattern since Dollarway 2008.

hawgfan15

It all starts up front. Haven't had the linemen to go head up with the best teams. That has changed now

hogfan10

Quote from: Mulerider on September 23, 2014, 08:15:33 pm
Quote from: wing on September 23, 2014, 05:22:42 pm

The 1987 Badger team was one of the best AAA (now AAAA) teams to ever take the field in the State of Arkansas.

The '87 team was the last State Championship for Arkadelphia in football. That team, as noted above, was a very good TEAM. That team featured the player of the year in Arkansas (QB), and numerous All-State selections (overall not by class). The team was voted the team of the decade ('80-89) for the state of Arkansas. They finished the year 14-0, ranked #1 OVERALL in Arkansas, and #21-23 nationally. At the time we were class AAA, with AAAA being the highest classification in the state. In '87 the Badgers beat 3/4 AAAA's in non-conference play, those teams were: Benton, Texarkana, NLR Old Main, and JA Fair (AAAA I think, maybe AAA).

cuckoobird

Those linemen havent seen a dline like arkies yet. So, thats still up in the air too

redeye819

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 24, 2014, 08:41:34 am
Those linemen havent seen a dline like arkies yet. So, thats still up in the air too
Arky hasn't seen a defense like Nashville either, however I figure it will be a low scoring game for Nashville. I'll say 35-14 Nashville.

cuckoobird

hawgfan15

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 24, 2014, 08:41:34 am

Actually Hope and WC have pretty good defensive lines but I wouldn't expect you to know anything outside of Stuttgart. Unless you have played them. After that Arkadelphia beat down I would jump on the bandwagon too

cuckoobird

Hope does not if 3a prescott can get that kind of yardage. Nice try though

hawgfan15

Through 3 games Nashville is healthy for the most part. Everyone should play this Friday night. Is the Buckley kid healthy again? He was impressive in the secondary last year.

One guy who really stands out this year is the big WR #5 (Robinson?). He has really improved.

hawgfan15

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 24, 2014, 10:04:52 am
Hope does not if 3a prescott can get that kind of yardage. Nice try though

There are more players on the field than the defensive line. Hope's problem is the back 8, not their front 3.

Again you have no clue what you are talking about.

cuckoobird

The front 3 help most with the run and i'm not sure they ever stopped the run

hawgfan15

Help with the run. 3 defensive lineman against 5 offensive lineman, linebackers have to fill their gaps.

cuckoobird

And the d line has to make plays. They dont

hawgfan15

cuckoobird

Yes on hudle. I agree to disagree with you. Its too early in the season to argue

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas