• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

will the cavemen get clubbed by the mustangs or will the mustangs throw a shoe ?

Started by neverwaz, September 17, 2014, 06:29:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

neverwaz

cuckoobird

neverwaz

the double wing is more complex than a feather fight. it will be hard to stop on Friday night. anyone can run the spread.

Bwana

If your CC you'll make it home in time to catch the scores on the 10 o'clock sports..

neverwaz

you can't predict what happening in the double wing. they may run right or left even up the middle.  you never know what tricks or up their sleeves.

SouthernerPride

neverwaz

well the cavemen strained to fart but before it escaped it was trampled by the mustangs. btw just saw the southside score

Bwana

See I told you you'd be home in time to see the 10 o'clock sports scores.. ;D

neverwaz

you pegged us like the back of your hand.  maybe next week it will be cooler so the play caller can wear longer sleeves  cant hide anything with short sleeves.

SouthernerPride

Quote from: neverwaz on September 17, 2014, 07:53:36 pm
the double wing is more complex than a feather fight. it will be hard to stop on Friday night. anyone can run the spread.
the double wing is about as complex as a two piece puzzle. Everyone who knows anything about highschool football knows you run the wing cause you don't have the horses to run a real offense.

The Ref

Quote from: SouthernerPride on September 20, 2014, 04:05:38 am
the double wing is about as complex as a two piece puzzle. Everyone who knows anything about highschool football knows you run the wing cause you don't have the horses to run a real offense.
Gosnell & Carlisle disagree with opinion. ...btw Southside ran the double wing a few years back & it wasn't pretty

SouthernerPride

Quote from: The Ref on September 20, 2014, 11:41:52 pm
Quote from: SouthernerPride on September 20, 2014, 04:05:38 am
Gosnell & Carlisle disagree with opinion. ...btw Southside ran the double wing a few years back & it wasn't pretty
it was because we had no horses at all. Like I said.

Rerun

I've watched some game highlights of Cave City, and I think they execute the double wing very well. I think they need a bit more speed.

neverwaz

form what i have seen and read about that offence and i am no expert is you have to be balanced run and pass it keeps the defence honest.  if you cant move the ball you have to be creative so you can execute your base plays were not moving the ball at all so i dont know what they should do

phdefense

For what it's worth the double-wing holds/held the record for the most points scored in a season.

QuoteIn 1994, Don Markham took a Bloomington High School team that had gone 1-9 in 1993, and posted a 14-0 record in route to a C.I.F. Championship. Coach Markham's Bloomington High School team scored an unbelievable 880 points in 14 games. That's an average of 62 points per game and set a national high school scoring record. Don Markham is considered by most to be the father of the Double Wing. He has enjoyed success running the Double Wing for over 35 years. He has won championships in California, Oregon, and in Europe.

http://www.doublewing.com/

neverwaz

so your sayin theirs a chance for the wing too work well for the cavemen or are your just telling me it has worked in cal and giving us hope that we might win?

Rerun

Quote from: neverwaz on September 21, 2014, 08:00:07 pm
so your sayin theirs a chance for the wing too work well for the cavemen or are your just telling me it has worked in cal and giving us hope that we might win?

Looks like he's saying that the system can work very well when implemented correctly.  That would require good execution and good athletes. 

Overdahill

Bwana

neverwaz

cc needs more than another running back from newport to help  might need to play marianna. lol  ;)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas