• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A-3

Started by Big Red Fan 54, September 16, 2014, 01:55:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Red Fan 54

Who wins the conference? I would have to say it comes down to Pocahontas and Gosnell with Highland playing possible spoiler.

bodycounTT

Actually it will come down to Highland or Gosnell with Pocahontas playing possible spoiler. Pocahontas has played two bad teams, and won. Conference will come around and they will play 5 more bad teams. Easily a 7-9 win season but I just see them as the #3 this year. Give them two years for the sophomore group to be seniors and this team can be scary good. Just takes time.

TBone70

Quote from: bodycounTT on September 16, 2014, 02:10:07 pm
Actually it will come down to Highland or Gosnell with Pocahontas playing possible spoiler. Pocahontas has played two bad teams, and won. Conference will come around and they will play 5 more bad teams. Easily a 7-9 win season but I just see them as the #3 this year. Give them two years for the sophomore group to be seniors and this team can be scary good. Just takes time.
+1

Rerun

How many playoff spots are available in this conference?

elvis26

;D rerun I believe there are 5 teams that go to the playoffs!!!

Rerun

Quote from: elvis26 on September 17, 2014, 02:29:54 pm
;D rerun I believe there are 5 teams that go to the playoffs!!!

Watered down. It was same way in 3-3a.

Missco

In 4a. the number varies..some years it's only 4. Arkansas needs less football classes...but it will never happen..class 3 and 4 need to be together and 5 with the 8 teams from 6..put the other 8 from 6 with class 7..leave class 2 the same.

Rerun

Quote from: Missco on September 17, 2014, 06:20:29 pm
In 4a. the number varies..some years it's only 4. Arkansas needs less football classes...but it will never happen..class 3 and 4 need to be together and 5 with the 8 teams from 6..put the other 8 from 6 with class 7..leave class 2 the same.

Sounds like a pretty good formula to me.

Rerun

Okay, so we've heard who we think will go to the playoffs.  Let's hear your predictions for who will not make the playoffs. lol

bodycounTT

Quote from: Rerun on September 18, 2014, 06:29:45 am
Okay, so we've heard who we think will go to the playoffs.  Let's hear your predictions for who will not make the playoffs. lol

Well it's a process of elimination. Gosnell, Highland, Pokey, and Westside are in. That leaves Trumann, Brookland, Cave City or Harrisburg for the last spot. Have a coin toss to see which of these teams want to send their seniors out on a mercy rule first round playoffs.

Rerun

Tonight will tell more about Harrisburg.  The Hornets had 5 starters out for the first game against Cross County, and 2 starters out against Marked Tree in the first Half.  Harrisburg is back at full strength for tonight.  I know that Trumann had their first taste of victory since 2011, and they want lots more.  It's just a matter of time before Brookland becomes really good, and I think that Cave City just simply feels like they belong.  In any case, I don't see a mercy rule in first round.  Way to have faith in the conference there bodycountt.

redskinsfan

Week 4

Pocahontas over Trumann by 42
Highland over Jonesboro Westside by 28
Gosnell over Brookland by 35
Cave City over Harrisburg by 7

Rerun

Week 4

I don't like posting point spreads, but here's my picks for winners:

Pokey over Trumann
Highland over Westside (probably closer than most think)
Gosnell over Brookland
Harrisburg over Cave City  :o :o :o

Big Red Fan 54

Good luck to the Hornets this year. Sad to see you guys not playing the Colts. I loved play lying the Hornets in high school. They were always good competitive games.

Rerun

Quote from: Big Red Fan 54 on September 25, 2014, 11:39:53 am
Good luck to the Hornets this year. Sad to see you guys not playing the Colts. I loved play lying the Hornets in high school. They were always good competitive games.

Thanks. The Hornets have a tough road ahead. Good luck to the colts as well. I will be following them closer than anyone in 3-3a.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas