• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FF 4A Top Ten - Week 3

Started by LJ06, September 14, 2014, 07:08:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FBfan79

Quote from: Wannabe10 on September 16, 2014, 01:35:49 pm
So why doesn't anyone respect SC? It seems every time they are brought up something negative is said, any reasoning on that?

Bunch of "wannabe"s

Jack1990

So why doesn't anyone respect SC? It seems every time they are brought up something negative is said, any reasoning on that?
Because this is a high school football message board and all we do is talk trash and smack about each other.

Big Fan

So why do and not producedesn't anyone respect SC? It seems every time they are brought up something negative is said, any reasoning on that?
Because traditionally SC has talked a lot and not backed it up when it counts.  They need to at least get to the finals this year and win it next year if they want to shut-up the nay-sayers.  Until then....talk is cheap.   

Jimbo Morphis

you must be from star city?

DWayAlumn2002

Talkin smack is how we SEA high school football fans "get along". They're like our little brothers. One day they'll be bigger and stronger than us but until then. Get in the back seat little doggies! Well at least that's how I feel. But I'm for them against any other team outside 8-4A.

APACHE

Quote from: LJ06 on September 14, 2014, 07:08:02 pm
THE TOP TEN

1.  Nashville (6) - 276 [+1]
2.  Warren (5) - 252 [-1]
3.  Dollarway (2) - 238
4.  Star City (1) - 200 [+1]
5.  Newport - 156 [+1]
6.  Arkadelphia (1) - 152 [+1]
7.  Malvern - 132 [-3]
8.  Dardanelle - 110
9.  Gosnell - 46 *
10.  Hamburg - 36

Other Receiving Votes:  Pottsville 18, Lonoke 14, Prairie Grove 8, Ashdown 4, Clinton 2, Heber Springs 2, Helena-West Helena 2, Highland 2

Just wondering about this poll. If Booneville would have stayed in the 4A would they have been ranked above Dardanelle? (Before 9/12 loss to dard). Everybody said we will know how good Dard is when they play Boonville.

And if they would have been why is Dardanelle ranked above Pottsville? Dard hasnt beat the Apaches since 2010.

My point is how do you rank a team above another team until they play each other or you play same opponents/suffer losses to lesser teams.

I thought I would ask this before they play in a couple of weeks to see if we can get an honest answer.

FYI, I am not saying we are a Top Ten team, just trying to see the science behind it. thanks

GO APACHES

SUGARTOWN

Because it doesn't matter that they haven't beaten you since 2010. Only this year matters, and apparently almost everybody thinks Dardanelle is the better team this year.

FBfan79

apache_alum_90

Quote from: APACHE on September 16, 2014, 04:03:50 pm
Quote from: LJ06 on September 14, 2014, 07:08:02 pm
THE TOP TEN

1.  Nashville (6) - 276 [+1]
2.  Warren (5) - 252 [-1]
3.  Dollarway (2) - 238
4.  Star City (1) - 200 [+1]
5.  Newport - 156 [+1]
6.  Arkadelphia (1) - 152 [+1]
7.  Malvern - 132 [-3]
8.  Dardanelle - 110
9.  Gosnell - 46 *
10.  Hamburg - 36

Other Receiving Votes:  Pottsville 18, Lonoke 14, Prairie Grove 8, Ashdown 4, Clinton 2, Heber Springs 2, Helena-West Helena 2, Highland 2

Just wondering about this poll. If Booneville would have stayed in the 4A would they have been ranked above Dardanelle? (Before 9/12 loss to dard). Everybody said we will know how good Dard is when they play Boonville.

And if they would have been why is Dardanelle ranked above Pottsville? Dard hasnt beat the Apaches since 2010.

My point is how do you rank a team above another team until they play each other or you play same opponents/suffer losses to lesser teams.

I thought I would ask this before they play in a couple of weeks to see if we can get an honest answer.

FYI, I am not saying we are a Top Ten team, just trying to see the science behind it. thanks

GO APACHES
If Booneville had stayed in the 4-4A they would've probably been ranked #1 till Dardanelle loss, probably dropped down some after poor performance against Ozark. Dardanelle is ranked above Pottsville due to they were a young team that gave us all we wanted last year and went deeper in the playoffs against good talent and eventually losing to the runner up Warren. Dardanelle returned the majority of the team from last season, and people were unsure about Pottsville having to replace Perry, Weaver and a couple others. Pottsville has put up a good showing as has Dardanelle and after they play week 4 people will have a good idea of who's better. Till then we just play ball and leave it all on the field and let those that follow the teams and do the polls do what they do best! They don't say we have the best, most accurate poll in the state for nothing!   

AirWarren

Quote from: Oldman on September 16, 2014, 03:08:11 pm
you must be from star city?

Hence the name wannabe.

CounterPunch

Beat Warren in a few weeks and Star City will get respect. That simple. Until then there just won't be none.

Jack1990

I'm looking forward to that meeting in Week 5.  Should be one heck of a game.

Bulldog92

Quote from: Jack1990 on September 17, 2014, 06:36:55 am
I'm looking forward to that meeting in Week 5.  Should be one heck of a game.
I hope your right!!!

CatchTheGreyhound!

Quote from: Big Fan on September 16, 2014, 02:24:16 pm
So why do and not producedesn't anyone respect SC? It seems every time they are brought up something negative is said, any reasoning on that?
Because traditionally SC has talked a lot and not backed it up when it counts.  They need to at least get to the finals this year and win it next year if they want to shut-up the nay-sayers.  Until then....talk is cheap.   
Well said bigfan! IMO, S.C is in the top ten but just barely. Lets look at the facts; so far their biggest victory have been against a team known as "the loosing beavers".....They will fairout as number 3 in 8-4A if they can defeat hamburg. This is no disrespect to SC, just my honest opinion.

CatchTheGreyhound!

I will not boast too soon, but the greyhounds this year could go unnoticed and undefeated! Possibly the best QB in state with depth on O-line and D-line.
1. Newport
2.Arkadelphia
3.Dway
4.Warren
5.Nashville
6.Malvern
7.StarCity
8.Stuttgart
9.Lonoke
10.Hamburg

mr.b@sc

Quote from: CatchTheGreyhound! on September 17, 2014, 10:05:18 am
I will not boast too soon, but the greyhounds this year could go unnoticed and undefeated! Possibly the best QB in state with depth on O-line and D-line.
1. Newport
2.Arkadelphia
3.Dway
4.Warren
5.Nashville
6.Malvern
7.StarCity
8.Stuttgart
9.Lonoke
10.Hamburg
This greyhound is a homer right out of the gate..lol..welcome to ff catchthegreyhound

hawgfan15

1. Newport
2.Arkadelphia
3.Dway
4.Warren
5.Nashville
6.Malvern
7.StarCity
8.Stuttgart
9.Lonoke
10.Hamburg

I like Newport this year too but you really need to get out and see a few more teams. That top 10 is a mess

mossflyer

1. Newport
2.Arkadelphia
3.Dway
4.Warren
5.Nashville
6.Malvern
7.StarCity
8.Stuttgart
9.Lonoke
10.Hamburg
Interesting...very interesting. 

Jack1990

1. Newport
2.Arkadelphia
3.Dway
4.Warren
5.Nashville
6.Malvern
7.StarCity
8.Stuttgart
9.Lonoke
10.Hamburg
Well that's kind of a fruit basket turnover...

whippersnapper

Ok really? Haha. I'm not saying the hounds don't deserve to be #1. I feel like their top 10 players can match up with anyone's in 4a. But its after the top 10players we really have to wait and see. As far as depth goes that's furthest from the truth. If anything we had more depth on the lines last year.
Coach Harrison and staff are doing great things in Greyhound country with what they have. Which is 35 players that have are gonna give you a fight each Friday night.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: CatchTheGreyhound! on September 17, 2014, 09:38:16 am
Well said bigfan! IMO, S.C is in the top ten but just barely. Lets look at the facts; so far their biggest victory have been against a team known as "the loosing beavers".....They will fairout as number 3 in 8-4A if they can defeat hamburg. This is no disrespect to SC, just my honest opinion.
I wonder why those beavers are so loose?

cuckoobird

FootBallar21

7-4A is loaded here is my WAY to EARLY top 10

1- Warren
2- Nashville
3 Newport
4- Dollarway
5- Arkadelphia
6- Dardanelle
7- Star City
8- Malvern
9- Gosnell
10- Mena

Outside looking in -  Pottsville , Ashdwon, Hamburg, Lonoke

CatchTheGreyhound!

Quote from: mr.b@sc on September 17, 2014, 10:12:14 am
1. Newport
2.Arkadelphia
3.Dway
4.Warren
5.Nashville
6.Malvern
7.StarCity
8.Stuttgart
9.Lonoke
10.Hamburg
This greyhound is a homer right out of the gate..lol..welcome to ff catchthegreyhound
Thanks for the warm welcome mrb@sc! I want to let you know that I do have respect for SC as well as everyother school program that challenge there kids to be winners. Would love to see SC win 8-4A but I can't see it happening! Warren could be the most brutal force in any Classification if thier coach stop trying to shotgun every play and double and triple back thier running attack. I Seen one kid on there that was even faster but with less power than the Cox kid...Scary

Bulldog92

What does Monticello need to do?

Bulldog92

Quote from: CatchTheGreyhound! on September 17, 2014, 11:50:35 am
1. Newport
2.Arkadelphia
3.Dway
4.Warren
5.Nashville
6.Malvern
7.StarCity
8.Stuttgart
9.Lonoke
10.Hamburg
Thanks for the warm welcome mrb@sc! I want to let you know that I do have respect for SC as well as everyother school program that challenge there kids to be winners. Would love to see SC win 8-4A but I can't see it happening! Warren could be the most brutal force in any Classification if thier coach stop trying to shotgun every play and double and triple back thier running attack. I Seen one kid on there that was even faster but with less power than the Cox kid...Scary
Stuttgart kept them close??  Should be an interesting year in the 8-4A and the 3rd place finisher in this conference would win a few of the other conferences.

Jimbo Morphis

1. Newport
2.Arkadelphia
3.Dway
4.Warren
5.Nashville
6.Malvern
7.StarCity
8.Stuttgart
9.Lonoke
10.Hamburg
wow

CatchTheGreyhound!

Quote from: Bulldog92 on September 17, 2014, 12:30:07 pm
Quote from: CatchTheGreyhound! on September 17, 2014, 11:50:35 am
1. Newport
2.Arkadelphia
3.Dway
4.Warren
5.Nashville
6.Malvern
7.StarCity
8.Stuttgart
9.Lonoke
10.Hamburg
Stuttgart kept them close??  Should be an interesting year in the 8-4A and the 3rd place finisher in this conference would win a few of the other conferences.
No.....penalties kept it close! 3td recalled! Warren has talent and major fire power...just no aim!

FBfan79

Quote from: FootBallar21 on September 17, 2014, 11:39:41 am
7-4A is loaded here is my WAY to EARLY top 10

1- Warren
2- Nashville
3 Newport
4- Dollarway
5- Arkadelphia
6- Dardanelle
7- Star City
8- Malvern
9- Gosnell
10- Mena

Outside looking in -  Pottsville , Ashdwon, Hamburg, Lonoke

FL will beat Mena.

Wannabe10

So would you call #4 barely? If you then Newport is "barely" in the top 10 as well.

AirWarren

Quote from: Bulldog92 on September 17, 2014, 12:25:56 pm

Two state titles.

Jimbo Morphis

hire blair brown

cuckoobird

Quote from: Oldman on September 17, 2014, 01:51:39 pm
hire blair brown
beg paschal to come back

AirWarren

hire blair brown

Big fan would gladly get church pork butt fundraiser going to make this happen.

With that said, Monticello daddies did a fine job of running off a champion caliber coach who is in a very happy situation at Barton.

Will be waiting for big fan to chime in.

CatchTheGreyhound!

Quote from: Wannabe10 on September 17, 2014, 01:40:20 pm

So would you call #4 barely? If you then Newport is "barely" in the top 10 as well.
Come playoffs, you will see just what I mean. I'm not saying Newport is the best I'm just saying they are a sleeping beast (like boonville 2013). There are teams that are war memorial material, SC just isn't one of them....TRUST ME!

Big Fan

Quote from: AirWarren on September 17, 2014, 02:18:25 pm
hire blair brown

With that said, Monticello daddies did a fine job of running off a champion caliber coach who is in a very happy situation at Barton.

You are like a broken record and sound even worse.  Enough has been said of this so I will let you believe what you like.  Ignorance is bliss...enjoy. 

Big Fan

The next time you come to Hyatt Field get someone to read the big signs in the south end zone for you. 

Jimbo Morphis

September 17, 2014, 04:04:23 pm #87 Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 04:06:14 pm by Oldman
Quote from: CatchTheGreyhound! on September 17, 2014, 02:52:30 pm

Come playoffs, you will see just what I mean. I'm not saying Newport is the best I'm just saying they are a sleeping beast (like boonville 2013). There are teams that are war memorial material, SC just isn't one of them....TRUST ME!
tell me more about star city. where do they need help? what are their strong points?

AirWarren

Quote from: Big Fan on September 17, 2014, 03:50:47 pm
Quote from: AirWarren on September 17, 2014, 02:18:25 pm
hire blair brown

You are like a broken record and sound even worse.  Enough has been said of this so I will let you believe what you like.  Ignorance is bliss...enjoy. 

Don't be like that! :)

AirWarren

Quote from: Big Fan on September 17, 2014, 03:54:41 pm
The next time you come to Hyatt Field get someone to read the big signs in the south end zone for you. 

They aren't familiar with those signs.

CounterPunch

have you seen them play? Didn't think so, so zip that fat lip.

CatchTheGreyhound!

Quote from: LJ06 on September 14, 2014, 09:11:27 pm
My vote:

1.  Nashville
2.  Dollarway
3.  Star City
4.  Warren
5.  Malvern
6.  Newport
7.  Arkadelphia
8.  Dardanelle
9.  Hamburg
10.  Pottsville
I see someone have decided to get on "the short yellow bus" when they could just "CatchTheGreyhound" !!! LMHO! Seriously though,  I'm shocked as to how shaken you warren fans have become after the Ricebirds game! Trust me warren is better then Nashville this year; Just not by much...I'm talking "06" close! You'll either catch that or the short bus again..lol!! Jk

CatchTheGreyhound!

Quote from: Oldman on September 17, 2014, 04:04:23 pm

tell me more about star city. where do they need help? what are their strong points?
Seen the Lonoke game and was not impressed!  They want to be "Warrenabes" and air it out all night to run the score up quick, but they lack the talent to do so. I'm telling you early if they try that with our experienced D1 CBs .... it will not be pretty for them at all!

hawgfan15

LJ06

D-1 corners? So that's where those Dumas studs ended up!

cuckoobird

OLDSCHOOL82

Lock down.  Very similar but slightly different cuckoo.

cuckoobird

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on September 18, 2014, 07:53:09 am
Lock down.  Very similar but slightly different cuckoo.
yeah that's right. I forgot, dang old age...

Jimbo Morphis

tell me about these d1 corneres. who is recruiting them?

CatchTheGreyhound!

Quote from: Oldman on September 18, 2014, 09:05:35 am
tell me about these d1 corneres. who is recruiting them?
Laugh now if you must! They laughed at boonville too.....

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas