• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FF 4A Top Ten - Week 3

Started by LJ06, September 14, 2014, 07:08:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LJ06

THE TOP TEN

1.  Nashville (6) - 276 [+1]
2.  Warren (5) - 252 [-1]
3.  Dollarway (2) - 238
4.  Star City (1) - 200 [+1]
5.  Newport - 156 [+1]
6.  Arkadelphia (1) - 152 [+1]
7.  Malvern - 132 [-3]
8.  Dardanelle - 110
9.  Gosnell - 46 *
10.  Hamburg - 36

Other Receiving Votes:  Pottsville 18, Lonoke 14, Prairie Grove 8, Ashdown 4, Clinton 2, Heber Springs 2, Helena-West Helena 2, Highland 2

Teams Dropped Out of Top Ten:  Highland

Notes:  Numbers in parenthesis represent the number of first place votes that team received. A team with a number in a bracket beside it represents the change in rank from the prior week poll. An asterisk beside a team represents a team new to the top ten. This poll is the results of the votes of 15 people who have good knowledge of 4A football and have every conference represented.

SUGARTOWN

What? I thought Jackhead said Warren was number 1??? He might just have a meltdown. Lol

Big Fan

Pretty close to mine, so I think it's pretty good. 

LJ06

LJ06

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 14, 2014, 07:11:23 pm
What? I thought Jackhead said Warren was number 1??? He might just have a meltdown. Lol

No one from Warren on the poll voted Warren #1. Thus why we keep the homers off of it lol.

hawgfan15

Quote from: LJ06 on September 14, 2014, 07:18:35 pm

No one from Warren on the poll voted Warren #1. Thus why we keep the homers off of it lol.

THANK YOU

Superjack45

I don't see Warren at #2 maybe #3 or #4, Qb play has got to get better and the O-line IJS.

AirWarren

I don't think we will show our full arsenal until conference. I think something was shown that didn't really want to get shown against Stuttgart because we had no tempo going. There are 3 players that haven't really touched the ball(well including Jaylon) that are capable of making a play. Could I be off...sure. But I just have to think Bo is eyeing conference and the playoffs and he will try to win non conference as vanilla as possible.

With that said, there are still some glaringly obvious problems that need to be fixed that I have stated in other threads. And I hope they are nipped this week.

CounterPunch

What's the number beside the team? Ex. Nashville 276 and how are you calculating it?

CounterPunch

Quote from: AirWarren on September 14, 2014, 08:02:32 pm

I don't think we will show our full arsenal until conference. I think something was shown that didn't really want to get shown against Stuttgart because we had no tempo going. There are 3 players that haven't really touched the ball(well including Jaylon) that are capable of making a play. Could I be off...sure. But I just have to think Bo is eyeing conference and the playoffs and he will try to win non conference as vanilla as possible.

With that said, there are still some glaringly obvious problems that need to be fixed that I have stated in other threads. And I hope they are nipped this week.
I'm pretty sure every good team tries to win non conference as vanilla as possible. That's what a good coach does, and I know Bo is doing it.

Romeo

I believe ASU is keeping an eye on Terrez. We got playmakers at receiver.

AirWarren

Quote from: CounterPunch on September 14, 2014, 08:09:48 pm

I'm pretty sure every good team tries to win non conference as vanilla as possible. That's what a good coach does, and I know Bo is doing it.

Keep it simple. Keep it simple.

cuckoobird

For CP its KISS. Keep it simple stupid

CounterPunch

4 8-4a teams in top 10. 3 of them top 5. Brutal.

DWayAlumn2002

Who voted Star City #1? Over Malvern and Arkedelphia? I know I'm a die hard D-Way fan. That's why I didn't sign up. What am I missing about SC? I don't get all the hype. Please enlighten me.

AirWarren

Quote from: DWayAlumn2002 on September 14, 2014, 08:42:01 pm
Who voted Star City #1? Over Malvern and Arkedelphia? I know I'm a die hard D-Way fan. That's why I didn't sign up. What am I missing about SC? I don't get all the hype. Please enlighten me.

I will hang up and listen....

CounterPunch

have you seen them play? Didn't think so.

AirWarren

Dway. I will say this about Malvern.

I have a good buddy at work who is a lake Hamilton alum/has a kid in the school. He said Malvern should kill them because they have no speed, size, or depth. This is supposed to be a down cycle for the wolves and they hammered Malvern. Yes, LH IS 6a, but Malvern has the speed, depth, and returning starters to have at least been in that game. And they weren't even close.

They could be suspect.

SUGARTOWN

As I said last week, I've voted Star City number #1 in all the polls so far, I'm not sure they can go undefeated but I have them number #1 right now. Why? IMO they had the most talent coming back from a good team and didn't have to replace their QB like Warren and Dollarway did.

For the record, I have Nashville next then Dollarway, Warren and Malvern.

LJ06

My vote:

1.  Nashville
2.  Dollarway
3.  Star City
4.  Warren
5.  Malvern
6.  Newport
7.  Arkadelphia
8.  Dardanelle
9.  Hamburg
10.  Pottsville

DWayAlumn2002

So SC has the most talent than Warren and Dollarway? Idk if the QB gives them the edge. Spread Vs Wishbone. Timing and precision vs handoff left/right PA deep ball. Just don't see it.

CounterPunch

Quote from: DWayAlumn2002 on September 14, 2014, 10:10:37 pm
So SC has the most talent than Warren and Dollarway? Idk if the QB gives them the edge. Spread Vs Wishbone. Timing and precision vs handoff left/right PA deep ball. Just don't see it.
Athletically Star City is loaded at every position. Whether we can get over the hump of beating the top teams is yet to be seen.

LJ06

Quote from: CounterPunch on September 14, 2014, 10:13:05 pm
Athletically Star City is loaded at every position. Whether we can get over the hump of beating the top teams is yet to be seen.

Ya'll and Hamburg both have that problem

hogfan10

I don't know of many coaches who risk a current loss, for a surprise effect that may or may not be needed at a later date. What's the old term I'm looking for, maybe it's "one game at a time".

DWayAlumn2002

Define loaded... Knowing all the kids names? If that's the case we are too!

CounterPunch

Quote from: DWayAlumn2002 on September 14, 2014, 10:22:59 pm
Good to great high school football players at every position plus 2-3 D1 players (with offers) is what I define loaded as. But again, we have to prove ourselves by winning big games. And that's still a few weeks away. We will see where we are when we head to Bradley County.

LJ06

Quote from: CounterPunch on September 14, 2014, 10:28:40 pm
Good to great high school football players at every position plus 2-3 D1 players (with offers) is what I define loaded as. But again, we have to prove ourselves by winning big games. And that's still a few weeks away. We will see where we are when we head to Bradley County.

4-1 when you leave

CounterPunch

Quote from: LJ06 on September 14, 2014, 10:29:15 pm

4-1 when you leave
hey, it's very possible but it won't be easy.

AirWarren

You have 1 d-1 player. That's it.

CounterPunch

Quote from: AirWarren on September 14, 2014, 10:32:07 pm

You have 1 d-1 player. That's it.
wrong

AirWarren

CounterPunch

LJ06

CounterPunch

Quote from: LJ06 on September 14, 2014, 10:36:12 pm
Quote from: AirWarren on September 14, 2014, 10:34:08 pm
Give me the names.

Their RB supposedly
no he just has the ability too. And no not SEC. I'm talking AState, UCA, UAPB, etc.

LJ06

Quote from: CounterPunch on September 14, 2014, 10:37:25 pm
Give me the names.

Their RB supposedly
no he just has the ability too. And no not SEC. I'm talking AState, UCA, UAPB, etc.

D-1 is D-1 no matter where it is

CounterPunch

Quote from: LJ06 on September 14, 2014, 10:40:12 pm
Give me the names.

Their RB supposedly

Just wanted to clear up that no I don't believe that he can play for Arkansas or similar level teams. But he has the talent to play for smaller schools. Whether he will or not depends on him.

LJ06

Quote from: CounterPunch on September 14, 2014, 10:42:41 pm
Give me the names.

Their RB supposedly

Just wanted to clear up that no I don't believe that he can play for Arkansas or similar level teams. But he has the talent to play for smaller schools. Whether he will or not depends on him.

There for a while ASU was a better place to be than Arkansas lol

AirWarren

Drinking the SRC owner asu koolaid I see.

CounterPunch

Quote from: LJ06 on September 14, 2014, 10:44:28 pm
Quote from: CounterPunch on September 14, 2014, 10:42:41 pm
Give me the names.

Their RB supposedly

There for a while ASU was a better place to be than Arkansas lol
agreed

LJ06

Quote from: AirWarren on September 14, 2014, 10:46:19 pm

ah please man not this year but since 2011 ASU would have beaten Arkansas.  They are just now recovering from the John L experiment.

Big Fan

LJ already has a couple of Jacks bashing him.....don't pile on. 

AirWarren

Quote from: LJ06 on September 14, 2014, 10:49:53 pm

ah please man not this year but since 2011 ASU would have beaten Arkansas.  They are just now recovering from the John L experiment.

I will never succumb to that thought process!

LJ06

Quote from: AirWarren on September 14, 2014, 10:50:51 pm
Quote from: LJ06 on September 14, 2014, 10:49:53 pm

I will never succumb to that thought process!

Don't let the Arky homerism deny it LOL

cuckoobird

winner winner chicken dinner. They can't stop a power run game

Bulldog92

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 15, 2014, 07:19:13 am
winner winner chicken dinner. They can't stop a power run game
We definitley haven't proven we can as of yet.  Like others have said about their teams though I just hope we get the holes fixed before we have to play Warren and DW!!

FootBallar21

Either Malvern isn't top 10,   or Mena needs to start getting some votes.      Mena beat Hot Springs last week,    a week After Hot Springs lost by a Last second Field Goal to Lake Hamilton,   who beat Malvern.      Mena just needs to play the first half like the second half,  Mena has now outscored its first two opponents  58-8 in the 2nd half. 

FBfan79

Quote from: FootBallar21 on September 16, 2014, 12:43:27 am
Either Malvern isn't top 10,   or Mena needs to start getting some votes.      Mena beat Hot Springs last week,    a week After Hot Springs lost by a Last second Field Goal to Lake Hamilton,   who beat Malvern.      Mena just needs to play the first half like the second half,  Mena has now outscored its first two opponents  58-8 in the 2nd half.

It's early.... Just keep winning.

hogfan10

Quote from: FootBallar21 on September 16, 2014, 12:43:27 am

Virginia Tech beat Ohio State, East Carolina beat Virginia Tech, East Carolina would beat Ohio State? Don't think so. It's a game of match ups, and each game is different.

LJ06

Really interested in seeing how the 7-4A shapes up.  I think everyone pretty much agrees that Nashville is the front runner, but I'm still very undecided on the Arkadelphia/Malvern matchup.  That game should be a dandy!

Wannabe10

So why doesn't anyone respect SC? It seems every time they are brought up something negative is said, any reasoning on that?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas