• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Watson Chapel @ Nashville

Started by polksalet, September 13, 2014, 12:30:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

polksalet

rapstr

Scrappers by 21 they are the real deal this year.

wing

polksalet

Big Fan

Absolut

You can put this in 12 inch bold headlines in the Nashville newspaper: Watson Chapel will win this ballgame.

~WPS~

September 15, 2014, 07:47:07 pm #6 Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 07:51:03 pm by Ballplayer1
You said that about the Pine Bluff game too. And Batesville. How'd that turn out for you?

~WPS~

Also they charge by the letter so you might want to trim that down a bit. 

mr.b@sc

Quote from: Absolut on September 15, 2014, 07:44:37 pm
You can put this in 12 inch bold headlines in the Nashville newspaper: Watson Chapel will win this ballgame.
the only way watson chapel wins will be if nashville plays their 7th graders..lol

SECFOOTBALLFAN

It just doesn't stop does it?

Please stop making bulletin board material for other teams. Nashville has a Nebraska commit

What's WC got? More fans on FF than they do that actually show up at ballgames?

~WPS~

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: SECFOOTBALLFAN on September 15, 2014, 08:11:01 pm
It just doesn't stop does it?

Please stop making bulletin board material for other teams. Nashville has a Nebraska commit

Who would this be?

~WPS~

Last time WC came to Nashville they had an armed officer/security guard walking their sideline. What's that about? Keeping the players in line?

Big Fan

September 15, 2014, 08:19:13 pm #13 Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 07:13:52 pm by Big Fan

SECFOOTBALLFAN

September 15, 2014, 09:08:04 pm #14 Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 09:17:26 pm by SECFOOTBALLFAN
Ole Miss, alabama, wherever he's committed this week. Is Pettaway not still there?

WR/QB kid. Class of 2015?

Surely you've heard of him

You certainly commented on him on fearless last fall Sugar. What's the purpose of the "who would this be" comment? Just feeling stupid tonight?    Must be sippin absolut with absolut

Lionheart88

This a high school varsity game, not freshmen.

Chapel may avoid the mercy rule this week, if Nashville decides to be nice.

~WPS~

He committed to Ole Miss back in April I think.  He decommitted a few weeks ago. He's told his final 2 are Ole Miss and Arkansas. It looks like there's a good chance he'll end up at Arkansas.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: SECFOOTBALLFAN on September 15, 2014, 09:08:04 pm
Ole Miss, alabama, wherever he's committed this week. Is Pettaway not still there?

It's obviously not your kid Sugar since you're clueless.
You're the one who's clueless if you think he's a Nebraska commit.

hawgfan15

Yeah that is Pettway. Nebraska was his first offer as a QB. Alabama, Arkansas, LSU, Auburn, Ole Miss, etc have all offered him as a WR. SOPH Darius Hopkins is one to keep an eye on Friday night. #12

SECFOOTBALLFAN

Regardless. A D1 commit was my point sugarloaf. It was a compliment to the scrap pile in SW AR.

Or was I out of line there? Is it SE Central SW AR?

big slop

SECFOOTBALLFAN

What years did you play at Chapel? Curious to see if it matches up to mine.

Scrappcheerdad

Quote from: hawgfan15 on September 15, 2014, 09:16:01 pm

Yeah that is Pettway. Nebraska was his first offer as a QB. Alabama, Arkansas, LSU, Auburn, Ole Miss, etc have all offered him as a WR. SOPH Darius Hopkins is one to keep an eye on Friday night. #12

I think Darius has a huge game Friday. He did not really factor in the game last week and it looked like he was mad about it. This kid has the IT factor, be it on the football field or basketball floor.He has a 200 yard night the scrappers by 4 touchdowns.

polksalet

He still had about 130 yards Friday.

Scrappcheerdad

Quote from: polksalet on September 16, 2014, 01:42:43 pm
He still had about 130 yards Friday.
[/

quote]

Wow  I really didn't think he had that many. It seemed like his longest run was 15-20 yards. He didn't have a bunch of carries it looked liked he kinda tweeked his ankle a little early on.Thank you for the info. How many yards did pettway have recieving ?

Treason756

Pettway had 4 catches for 122 yards and 5 total tds against dequeen.

hawgfan15

DeQueen chose to stop the run and left Pettway with single coverage. Snell did a great job of getting the ball to him and Nashville made them pay. Hopkins got his ankle rolled on early in the game but he came back in the 2nd half and carved up the Leopards. Even with a stacked box Nashville forced the issue on the ground in that opening drive of the 3rd quarter and scored.  That was great to see because most games that will be the case. Teams are going to have to pick their poison. Either load up the box on Hopkins leaving Pettway single coverage or double and triple team Pettway giving Hopkins plenty of space to run.

Hopkins has 25 carries for 332 yards 3 TD
Snell is 25 of 36 (69%) for 419 yards 9 TD and 1 INT
Pettway has 8 catches for 220 yards 7 TD and 1 rushing TD

polksalet

Dq loaded the box and held Hopkins to about 10 ypc.

Scrappcheerdad

Quote from: hawgfan15 on September 16, 2014, 06:05:58 pm
DeQueen chose to stop the run and left Pettway with single coverage. Snell did a great job of getting the ball to him and Nashville made them pay. Hopkins got his ankle rolled on early in the game but he came back in the 2nd half and carved up the Leopards. Even with a stacked box Nashville forced the issue on the ground in that opening drive of the 3rd quarter and scored.  That was great to see because most games that will be the case. Teams are going to have to pick their poison. Either load up the box on Hopkins leaving Pettway single coverage or double and triple team Pettway giving Hopkins plenty of space to run.

Hopkins has 25 carries for 332 yards 3 TD
Snell is 25 of 36 (69%) for 419 yards 9 TD and 1 INT
Pettway has 8 catches for 220 yards 7 TD and 1 rushing TD

Thank you for the stats. Where do you get them ?

hawgfan15

September 16, 2014, 08:34:08 pm #28 Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 08:36:15 pm by hawgfan15
maxpreps post stats but some things arent always correct on there.

I keep up with a lot of it on my own. Post game radio show and newspaper help with that.

intruder

And the defense did what they do. Haven't seen this defensive tempo in several years

hawgfan15

We have really good speed on defense and one of the best defensive lines in 4A. A lot of the credit has to go to Coach Chesshir though

polksalet

This is the best d we've had in years. I can't imagine a 4a team marching up with that.

Orange and Black

Quote from: hawgfan15 on September 16, 2014, 08:34:08 pm
maxpreps post stats but some things arent always correct on there.

I keep up with a lot of it on my own. Post game radio show and newspaper help with that.
Watch out on the radio stats, not sure where they get them from.  Sometimes they are far from accurate.

crmorrow24

intruder

One of the d lineman should be at 100 percent for the first time this season, hyper extended elbow for week one and some kind of infection and high powered antibiotics for week two. Look out for the 4 horsemen on the d line

~WPS~

hawgfan15

HORNET-MAN

02 bobcats

Nashville is the real deal. This team could go down as best ever. Not ready 2 say the are yet but they are on the way. Snell and pettway will be the next great Nashville duel. McBride & Washington might be the greatest but they will be up their. Nashville 56 WC 13

cuckoobird

Maybe you guys should wait until the actually play some competition before crowning them. Just a thought

~WPS~

cuckoobird

Well idk but we do know dequeen wasnt and the bobcats are yet to be determined.

~WPS~

I have a feeling whoever we play, if we win by a lot you'll just say they weren't any good.

cuckoobird

Not true. I promise. Just looks like hope isnt what people (including me) thought and like i said, Dequeen!!!

~WPS~

Right. I know what you mean and I agree. Chapel isn't a very good team either but I think they're athletic and physical enough to give us a good game.

Bigbossman

This thread is as messed up as a bus load of hippies.........it shows up all tiny and has to be zoomed in on.

Bigbossman

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 18, 2014, 05:51:59 pm
Maybe you guys should wait until the actually play some competition before crowning them. Just a thought
BTW next week arkadelphia gets their feelings hurt at scrapper stadium.

Big Fan

Quote from: Bigbossman on September 18, 2014, 06:50:35 pm
This thread is as messed up as a bus load of hippies.........it shows up all tiny and has to be zoomed in on.
Better?

Scrappcheerdad

Quote from: Bigbossman on September 18, 2014, 06:54:42 pm
Quote from: cuckoobird on September 18, 2014, 05:51:59 pm
BTW next week arkadelphia gets their feelings hurt at scrapper stadium.

That's a nice way of saying it.

Bigbossman

Quote from: Big Fan on September 18, 2014, 07:14:20 pm
Quote from: Bigbossman on September 18, 2014, 06:50:35 pm
Better?
Much much better, thank you.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas