• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Week 3 Top Ten Voting Link

Started by LJ06, September 13, 2014, 12:21:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LJ06

AirWarren

Mine.

Nashville
Dway
Star city
Warren
Newport
Dardanelle
Malvern
Arkie
Hamburg
pg

CounterPunch

Mine

Warren
Star City
Nashville
Dollarway
Malvern
Newport
Lonoke
Hamburg
Gosnell
Arkadelphia

JACKHEAD75

Mine

Warren
Nashville
Dollarway
Star City
Newport
Lonoke
Malvern
Hamburg
Dardenelle
Pottsville

Big Fan

Quote from: JACKHEAD75 on September 13, 2014, 10:47:03 pm
Mine

Warren
Nashville
Dollarway
Star City
Newport
Lonoke
Malvern
Hamburg
Dardenelle
Pottsville

Homer alert!

hawgfan15

This is why having a limit on voters is a necessity.

JACKHEAD75

Big Fan I'm not a homer. That is seriously my opinion. I think Warren is still #1./1 mediocre game doesn't drop you from the top. Doesn't happen in the NFL, doesn't happen in College, and it shouldn't happen in high school. Its my pick.

Superjack45

Quote from: Big Fan on September 13, 2014, 10:48:07 pm
Quote from: JACKHEAD75 on September 13, 2014, 10:47:03 pm
Mine

Warren
Nashville
Dollarway
Star City
Newport
Lonoke
Malvern
Hamburg
Dardenelle
Pottsville

Homer alert!
Big Fan don't hate you have your opinion just like everybody else on this forum so live with it or just don't get on this 4A forum. You are just upset that your Magnolia got your goat Lol!

Big Fan

hogfan10

Quote from: JACKHEAD75 on September 13, 2014, 10:59:49 pm
Big Fan I'm not a homer. That is seriously my opinion. I think Warren is still #1./1 mediocre game doesn't drop you from the top. Doesn't happen in the NFL, doesn't happen in College, and it shouldn't happen in high school. Its my pick.

I agree, cause 1 loss and 1 mediocre game (out of 2 total games) obviously equals a top ranking. All homerism aside.

Big Fan

Big Fan

Quote from: hogfan10 on September 13, 2014, 11:09:14 pm

I agree, cause 1 loss and 1 mediocre game (out of 2 total games) obviously equals a top ranking. All homerism aside.
I'm detecting a little sarcasm..........

JACKHEAD75

We barely lost to a school that should have blown us out. Penalties and low snaps caused the 2nd to be close. 2 touchdowns that were WRONGFULLY penalized would have made the score 42-6 or 42-12. They're still #1 until a 4A teams defeats them.

AirWarren

Or still especially upset from last year, big fan. Not "sarcasm".

JACKHEAD75

Sorry LJ. No need for us to make this thread about Warren. To Big Fan and Hog Fan I'm sticking to my pick. Its not biased. Its not a homer pick. Until Warren is defeated in 4A they should remain the #1 team.

hogfan10

Quote from: Big Fan on September 13, 2014, 11:12:30 pm
Quote from: hogfan10 on September 13, 2014, 11:09:14 pm

I'm detecting a little sarcasm..........

What gave it away?
Was it the one loss, the one mediocre game, or the fact that they've only played twice.

hogfan10

Quote from: JACKHEAD75 on September 13, 2014, 11:15:24 pm
We barely lost to a school that should have blown us out. Penalties and low snaps caused the 2nd to be close. 2 touchdowns that were WRONGFULLY penalized would have made the score 42-6 or 42-12. They're still #1 until a 4A teams defeats them.

Why are they STILL #1? Did they finish 2013 #1?
Good teams don't make the mistakes you mentioned; bad teams do.

hogfan10

Quote from: AirWarren on September 13, 2014, 11:16:14 pm

Got me there AW. Did you ever get your ring?

Big Fan

Quote from: JACKHEAD75 on September 13, 2014, 11:17:29 pm
I'm sticking to my pick.
I would expect nothing less.

Until Warren is defeated in 4A they should remain the #1 team.
So all undefeated 4A teams should be number 1? 

phdefense

JACKHEAD75

That's your opinion. I have mine. All because Nashville or Dollarway blows out a team that's no where near talented than they are. Y'all think they deserve to be #1. That's like saying Arkansas deserves to be #1 over Florida State because they blew out N State, and Texas Tech and Florida State barely be Oklahoma State. And we all know that's a lie. Warren is #1 because they earned. They're #1 because they're returning a lot of starters and players who helped them get to the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!!! So until I see them lose in 4A, they deserve to stay #1. No matter how big they win or how small they win. If they win that's all that matter.

hogfan10

Quote from: Big Fan on September 13, 2014, 11:24:58 pm
I'm sticking to my pick.
I would expect nothing less.

Until Warren is defeated in 4A they should remain the #1 team.
So all undefeated 4A teams should be number 1?

So after 2 weeks, how many #1's do we have. Regardless, my team should be #1A; and no, I'm not a homer!

Big Fan

Quote from: phdefense on September 13, 2014, 11:25:55 pm
Quote from: Big Fan on September 13, 2014, 11:07:28 pm
Doesn't happen in the NFL
They don't rank teams in the NFL.
They don't rank them in high school either

http://bit.ly/14dOPsE

I'm more impressed with the coolness of that link, than I am at your assault of my debate. 

JACKHEAD75

What I'm saying Hog Fan. If Warren started out as #1 or any team for that matter. Any team that starts out as #1 and has no lost in their conference and they are being ranked in their conference, then they should remain #1. No matter how big or small they win. That's solely my opinion on why Warren is #1. Not because I root for them. I can be biased at times with Warren. But this is a time where I honestly feel like my opinion is unbiased.

hogfan10

Quote from: JACKHEAD75 on September 13, 2014, 11:35:48 pm
What I'm saying Hog Fan. If Warren started out as #1 or any team for that matter. Any team that starts out as #1 and has no lost in their conference and they are being ranked in their conference, then they should remain #1. No matter how big or small they win. That's solely my opinion on why Warren is #1. Not because I root for them. I can be biased at times with Warren. But this is a time where I honestly feel like my opinion is unbiased.

Oh, I understand now. I thought you were ranking them 1, because you're from there.
But, now I know it's because you ranked them there in your first poll, but not because you're from there, but because they hadn't lost yet; at least not before their first game, but that wasn't a conference game.

I agree, no homerism at all.

AirWarren

September 13, 2014, 11:48:05 pm #25 Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 11:53:30 pm by AirWarren
Quote from: hogfan10 on September 13, 2014, 11:24:14 pm

Does Wearing my wedding band count? And I'm 29 and have been out of high school for 11 years.

hogfan10

Quote from: AirWarren on September 13, 2014, 11:48:05 pm

Does Wearing my wedding band count? And I'm 29 and have been out of high school for 11 years.

Sure, why not!

LJ06

Quote from: AirWarren on September 13, 2014, 11:48:05 pm

Having a championship ring is just a trophy piece anyway. I never wear the dang thing lol.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: JACKHEAD75 on September 13, 2014, 11:26:49 pm
That's your opinion. I have mine. All because Nashville or Dollarway blows out a team that's no where near talented than they are. Y'all think they deserve to be #1. That's like saying Arkansas deserves to be #1 over Florida State because they blew out N State, and Texas Tech and Florida State barely be Oklahoma State. And we all know that's a lie. Warren is #1 because they earned. They're #1 because they're returning a lot of starters and players who helped them get to the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!!! So until I see them lose in 4A, they deserve to stay #1. No matter how big they win or how small they win. If they win that's all that matter.
Using the Florida St. analogy is not good at all. They actually won the title last year and are still undefeated. Warren didn't and has a loss already this year. Try again Superjack....

cuckoobird

September 14, 2014, 08:55:49 am #29 Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 08:57:24 am by cuckoobird
2penalties on 4th down that were incomplete passes also gave you first downs on the gosl line that helped you score. I only remember one penalty that cost you a score and that was holding on coxs run. I like how you forget the penalties that helped you though

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 14, 2014, 08:55:49 am
2penalties on 4th down that were incomplete passes also gave you first downs on the gosl line that helped you score. I only remember one penalty that cost you a score and that was holding on coxs run.
And on their last TD drive the Ricebirds actually recovered a fumble on another bad snap that was nullified by a Warren illegal procedure penalty. They scored a couple plays later. So it could've been a one TD game.

cuckoobird

Yep. We need to start a warren excuse thread for their close wins now

cuckoobird

September 14, 2014, 09:04:40 am #32 Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 09:06:53 am by cuckoobird
And an offsides penalty from the 10 on 3rd and 5, the play was for a loss but the penalty gave them a first down. Not saying they wouldnt have scored but it did give them 4 more downs inside the 5. Warren still has a good team but they arent #1

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 14, 2014, 09:01:37 am
Although I will say that most of their somewhat rational posters realize that they are not the #1 team now and have work to do. Seems like Superjack and his alter ego Jackhead are the only ones that think they're still #1.

LJ06

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 14, 2014, 09:06:58 am
Quote from: cuckoobird on September 14, 2014, 09:01:37 am
Although I will say that most of their somewhat rational posters realize that they are not the #1 team now and have work to do. Seems like Superjack and his alter ego Jackhead are the only ones that think they're still #1.

Lot of work to be done before we can claim #1. Offense just too inconsistent right now.

AirWarren

Penalties and fix the center situation. I think we correct those and we are fine.

Romeo

Having very talented receivers without a solid quarterback is like dating a model girlfriend with schizophrenia. That's why Warren shouldn't be no where near number one right now.

CounterPunch

Quote from: Romeo on September 14, 2014, 01:49:42 pm
Having very talented receivers without a solid quarterback is like dating a model girlfriend with schizophrenia. That's why Warren shouldn't be no where near number one right now.
y'all are still number 1 until a 4a team beats you. And even if you say y'all aren't y'all are still dang close.

hawgfan15

I voted for Warren at #1 again this week. As long as they give PA a good game they will stay there for me next week. Good teams have bad games too and when you can win those bad games it shows how good you actually are. Now if the same problems are happening in conference play then there might be a real problem. At this point Warren has earned the benefit of the doubt.

hawgfan15

Dollarway and Nashville aren't far behind though. Dollarway has a chance to really make some noise this Friday against Camden Fairview.

Notable games for a few top 4A teams this week:

PA @ Warren
Dollarway @ Camden Fairview
Newport @ Sylvan Hills
Watson Chapel @ Nashville
Arkadelphia @ Hot Springs

JACKHEAD75

Once again guys who think Warren shouldn't be #1. THATS YOUR OPINION!!! MY OPINION HAS BEEN MADE. It doesn't matter if they didn't win the title last year. The team that won it left the conference. So the next best team in line should be #1 until they lose in conference play. It doesn't matter how bad they played. Peyton Manning has had bad games plenty of times and he's considered the best still. All because Stuttgart is not as good as they were their title year you guys think Warren should blow them out. I don't think there's a team out there in 4A who is given the opportunity to play Stuttgart and make the same mistakes we made would blow them out. Warren is #1 until they lose in the conference. Plain and simple.

JACKHEAD75

Camden Fairveiw will win that game against Dollarway. Telling you what I know. Dollarway doesn't have the coaching nor talent to beat them. That's solely the truth. Arkie will win. Nashville will have a battle but I think they will pull it out. Newport will win. Warren will edge out the win.

LJ06

Quote from: JACKHEAD75 on September 14, 2014, 02:26:43 pm
Camden Fairveiw will win that game against Dollarway. Telling you what I know. Dollarway doesn't have the coaching nor talent to beat them. That's solely the truth. Arkie will win. Nashville will have a battle but I think they will pull it out. Newport will win. Warren will edge out the win.

Put the kool aid down and step away man

JACKHEAD75

LJ because you don't think so it doesn't mean I have to think like you. I believe what I believe. Cox, Brown, Marshall, Hampton, Gilmore, and Harris. You mean to tell me P.A. has enough defensive players to guard these guys. HECK NO!!!! Stop drinking whatever it is you're drinking and go to sleep.

LJ06

Quote from: JACKHEAD75 on September 14, 2014, 02:34:03 pm
LJ because you don't think so it doesn't mean I have to think like you. I believe what I believe. Cox, Brown, Marshall, Hampton, Gilmore, and Harris. You mean to tell me P.A. has enough defensive players to guard these guys. HECK NO!!!! Stop drinking whatever it is you're drinking and go to sleep.

Okay buddy whatever you say lol

hawgfan15

Yeah I just quit reading your nonsense when you said Dollarway doesn't have the talent

LJ06

Quote from: hawgfan15 on September 14, 2014, 02:38:59 pm

Yeah I just quit reading your nonsense when you said Dollarway doesn't have the talent

Exactly.  Fairview had some problems against Hamburg.  They will against Dollarway for sure.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: JACKHEAD75 on September 14, 2014, 02:23:50 pm
Once again guys who think Warren shouldn't be #1. THATS YOUR OPINION!!! MY OPINION HAS BEEN MADE. It doesn't matter if they didn't win the title last year. The team that won it left the conference. So the next best team in line should be #1 until they lose in conference play. It doesn't matter how bad they played. Peyton Manning has had bad games plenty of times and he's considered the best still. All because Stuttgart is not as good as they were their title year you guys think Warren should blow them out. I don't think there's a team out there in 4A who is given the opportunity to play Stuttgart and make the same mistakes we made would blow them out. Warren is #1 until they lose in the conference. Plain and simple.
But your opinion is wrong and mine is right. :)

LJ06

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 14, 2014, 03:09:44 pm
Quote from: JACKHEAD75 on September 14, 2014, 02:23:50 pm
But your opinion is wrong and mine is right. :)

I don't do this often so cherish it lol, but +1

LJ06

Still need two more votes by 7.  One will be Big Fan, but still need another

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas