• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mayflower at Dover

Started by mountainman, September 10, 2014, 05:51:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mountainman

Dover got a good running game this year, like too see how it matches up with Mayflower defense

adaptedtigerfan

When is this game??  I thought they had Gravette?

mountainman

jr17

Still another week for this one.

Billy the Kid

I guess we can revive this thread.
Mayflower coming off of a 48-28 loss to Gravette
Dover coming off of a 35-0 win over Cedarville

Mayflower at Dover
Looking for to this one. Thoughts?

incogneto

BigNasty70

From the sounds of it these two teams are complete opposites.. Dover has big physical linemen, Mayflower has good athletic skill players.. Mayflower has some size but most of their size has a bad tendency to stand up at the snap of the ball so it does no good, not to mention their best linemen (in my opinion) #79 is out with injury.. This should be a very interesting game

mastiff

I see a good game for the first half. If Dover can stop the pass, then they may have a chance. The Mayflower qb is pretty good and has some good receivers. The Bailey kid is a beast in the backfield and will be the best rb Dover has seen yet. Sometimes big size means they can be ran by easily. I'll take mayflower 35-34

Doveman

I like Mayflower in this one.  Only because I think Dover will struggle defending the forward pass.  But on the flip side I also think Mayflower will struggle w Dover's ability to run the ball.  So I'm gonna go w a high scoring game, Mayflower 35 - Dover 31

RDP96

Dover will run all over mayflower.  Dover wins this one by 2 touchdowns

Proud Buckaroo

Dover pulls this one out by 8 points!

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Doveman on September 16, 2014, 09:06:12 am
I like Mayflower in this one.  Only because I think Dover will struggle defending the forward pass.  But on the flip side I also think Mayflower will struggle w Dover's ability to run the ball.  So I'm gonna go w a high scoring game, Mayflower 35 - Dover 31

Are they better at defending the backwards pass?

KOJACK

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on September 16, 2014, 11:08:26 am

Are they better at defending the backwards pass?
No doubt...with their lack of speed defending the backward pass is much easier lol

snoopy22

FBfan79

SouthpawSensation

If Dover has the physical offensive linemen and has a decent running back, it's going to be a long night for Mayflower. Gravette's Cedric Duarte proved it last week.

Billy the Kid

Dover has about 6 backs that will run the ball Friday night. It will be a very fun game game to watch. With Dovers defense improving every week I believe they will fair well against the passing attack of Mayflower.
Mayflower is a good team but Dover's on mission. Dover is fired up about football and are ready to play Friday.

Billy the Kid

I wouldn't focus too hard on the run game of Dover because once they get you sucked in they'll bust ya deep. Week 1 QB Ethan Davis was 3-3 for 145 yds and 2 TDs against Atkins.

HorseFeathers

So is this game gonna be better than the pottsville game this week?

The Coach

Gotta watch that forward pass it can be a tricky thing. However, the backward pass is much tougher to stop!!

The Coach

September 17, 2014, 09:57:33 pm #20 Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 10:11:42 pm by The Coach
Quote from: Billy the Kid on September 17, 2014, 10:08:02 am
I wouldn't focus too hard on the run game of Dover because once they get you sucked in they'll bust ya deep. Week 1 QB Ethan Davis was 3-3 for 145 yds and 2 TDs against Atkins.

If they don't stop the run it wouldn't make sense for them to throw it.  I'd be willing to bet that as the season goes on teams are gonna try and force Dover to throw the FORWARD pass and take their chances.

Doveman

From having seen Dover preform in the past they struggle with the forward pass and I'm sure the backward pass as well.  But who needs to play defense when you have such a GREAT offense.  And since "Dover is fired up about football this year" I'm sure they will win big!!! I'm going with Dover by 42.

"Win One for the Gipper"  Knute Rockne

mastiff

I just don't see Dover having a very good pass defense. Dacus picks them apart in this one. Swing pass to bailey, the greatest back on EARTH

GO WILDCATS!!!!

OLDSCHOOL82

Dover figures out how to defend the forward pass in the 2nd qtr and wins by 21.

mastiff

Sooooooooo.........they are automatically going to figure out how to do something they haven't been able to do before in 1 qtr? Interesting.......

GO WILDCATS!!!!!!

OLDSCHOOL82

soldier

Honestly, I am concerned about mayflower 's defense, I think the offense can score, but I'm of the belief that defense wins games. I still hold hope for mayflower. Really,that's all I can say at this point. I would like to prove Hogwild  wrong though.

Billy the Kid

The Eagles lived and died by Bailey tonight. Down by 1 and the Eagles are driving in the plus territory middle linebacker Wesley Burton came up with a huge punishing blow in the hole and Bailey coughed it up. Then the Pirates began to force their will running the same play 12 times in a row with 9 in the box. Reminded me of Arkansas Saturday. Excellent game on both sides. Mayflower will do well in 3A.
Player of the game is Luke Price by far.

GO PIRATES!!!!!

sports_lover

Final Score
Dover 45
Mayflower 44

Great game!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Billy the Kid on September 19, 2014, 10:39:08 pm
The Eagles lived and died by Bailey tonight. Down by 1 and the Eagles are driving in the plus territory middle linebacker Wesley Burton came up with a huge punishing blow in the hole and Bailey coughed it up. Then the Pirates began to force their will running the same play 12 times in a row with 9 in the box. Reminded me of Arkansas Saturday. Excellent game on both sides. Mayflower will do well in 3A.
Player of the game is Luke Price by far.

GO PIRATES!!!!!

Dover absolutely abused Mayflower's defense most of the night....of Course Dycus for Mayflower abused Dover's secondary all night...sooo

Most exciting Ball Game I've watched in a while....

armchajrhog5

Agee this was a great game to watch
Mayflower is very good and has a great QB and skill players.
The Dover offense has manhandled all 3 teams they have played this year.
The Mayflower passing offense was just as dominate to the Dover D backs and linebackers.
The defense had better grow up quick because the rest of the way most of the teams are going to be better on defense and  Dover may not be able to just out score them like they did last night

soldier

Thanks Dover fans and others for complimenting Mayflower. I didn't know much about y'all, but it seems to be a good team with big guys up front on both sides of the ball. Good luck this season.

incogneto

Dover is big up front this season. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas