• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nashville

Started by polksalet, March 17, 2014, 12:32:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cuckoobird

^^^ more of putting them in their place ^^^

Big Fan

For what its worth.....my opinion concerning those titles from the 40's.......not taking a shot at anyone so don't take it that way.

The AAA has not always been the omnipotent organization it is today.  Other entities recognized titles for a reason.  What would be interesting to know is how many schools in the state were AAA members in the 40's...my guess would be less than half and maybe much less than that. 

hawgfan15

Quote from: cuckoobird on March 20, 2014, 09:19:34 am

Lol nice try but like I said I will take 20 years of success over the last 3 years Stuttgart has had. Y'all can count the last 3 years,  and we will count the next 3 years.

I'm proud to be from Nashville as everyone else I'm sure is proud of their team. I wouldn't trade the tradition, fan/town support, or facilities with any other team in the state. We have established ourselves as a dominant program who has far more great seasons and deep runs than 6 wins and 1st round exits. I don't have to argue for this program, it has placed itself 2nd to none over the last 20 years.

El Jefe

Quote from: hawgfan15 on March 20, 2014, 10:22:22 am

Lol nice try but like I said I will take 20 years of success over the last 3 years Stuttgart has had. Y'all can count the last 3 years,  and we will count the next 3 years.

I'm proud to be from Nashville as everyone else I'm sure is proud of their team. I wouldn't trade the tradition, fan/town support, or facilities with any other team in the state. We have established ourselves as a dominant program who has far more great seasons and deep runs than 6 wins and 1st round exits. I don't have to argue for this program, it has placed itself 2nd to none over the last 20 years.
no doubt...it must be nice to be on block schedule, have your athletes in a "weight lifting" class then athletics. I guess that would mean you have them from lunch on. Plus that indoor facility so you can go full pads all year.

cuckoobird

March 20, 2014, 10:54:05 am #54 Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 10:57:15 am by cuckoobird

20 years compared to 70??! hmmm and you  are doing a lot of arguing for not having to argue. btw you are second to Dollarway and shilo if you only want to count 20 years. So, I guess you could say ya'll are third to two

SUGARTOWN

And I'll take our last 65 years over your 20 years. Seven titles with 5 different coaches for the Ricebirds, not many can say that.

Both schools/towns have great traditions, no one's arguing that.

Bulldog92

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on March 20, 2014, 10:57:40 am

And I'll take our last 65 years over your 20 years. Seven titles with 5 different coaches for the Ricebirds, not many can say that.

Both schools/towns have great traditions, no one's arguing that.
Where is Oldman?  No one is mentioning McGehee in this conversation.

cuckoobird

I mentioned them earlier. Nashville would be behind them too if they come back to 4a

polksalet

If you hate Nashville you hate America.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: polksalet on March 20, 2014, 12:29:36 pm

I don't think anybody said anything about hating Nashville.

cuckoobird

March 20, 2014, 01:03:11 pm #60 Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 01:07:45 pm by cuckoobird
Quote from: polksalet on March 20, 2014, 12:29:36 pm
I'm sure you believe that. lmbo I 've stated twice in this thread already and now it will be three times. I love Nashville and it's narcissistic fans. You're fun to antagonize and to dispel the myths of superiority ya'll claim on here.

hawgfan15

Quote from: cuckoobird on March 20, 2014, 10:54:05 am

20 years compared to 70??! hmmm and you  are doing a lot of arguing for not having to argue. btw you are second to Dollarway and shilo if you only want to count 20 years. So, I guess you could say ya'll are third to two

You are still talking about championships from the 40's when they wore leather helmets. Stuttgart wins a championship and disappears for the next 10. We will hear from y'all in 8 more years. Good luck getting past Marianna this year.

I'm not talking about just championships over the last 20 years. Add up the wins, facilities, fan/town support, and 4 championships.

Why are we talking about the past? Let's look forward to next season! Where is Stuttgart going to be at??? I know where nashville will be

cuckoobird

Yeah i see you have all your hopes riding on 15 yards against Lincoln.

hawgfan15

Quote from: El Jefe on March 20, 2014, 10:46:35 am

no doubt...it must be nice to be on block schedule, have your athletes in a "weight lifting" class then athletics. I guess that would mean you have them from lunch on. Plus that indoor facility so you can go full pads all year.

Block schedule is an advantage. Athletics is 4th block and starts at 1:30. In off season everyone gets out at 3 but several guys mainly the QB's and DB's stay and throw. During season the team watches film and lift weights till 3:00 and then practice until 5:00

hawgfan15

March 20, 2014, 01:43:59 pm #64 Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 01:48:08 pm by hawgfan15
Quote from: cuckoobird on March 20, 2014, 01:39:33 pm

Not all of our hopes, but we will see what you have to say when this young mans career is over in 3 years.

So what about Stuttgart? Did y'all find some boys to move in and help the struggling championship powerhouse? Junior and the crew returning have another uphill battle if not.

cuckoobird

Wow. That must be nice. All of us other schools must have a more strict graduating guidline. No way in L should a student be missing 3 classes in the afternoon to athletics and graduate on time. Hmmm maybe thats the secret. They get 6 years to graduate......

hawgfan15

Quote from: cuckoobird on March 20, 2014, 01:46:56 pm
Wow. That must be nice. All of us other schools must have a more strict graduating guidline. No way in L should a student be missing 3 classes in the afternoon to athletics and graduate on time. Hmmm maybe thats the secret. They get 6 years to graduate......

Haha don't get it twisted, Nashville has very high academics. Block schedules have four blocks a day. Classes are twice as long meaning a class is a hour and a half. The advantage is at semester you change all of your classes. So you only have math for a semester and then science the next semester. It is an athletic advantage no doubt. Nashville implemented the block schedule in 2003 I believe it was.

Orange and Black

Nashville and Stuttgart have only met 1 time on the football field accoring to my records.  How is that possible for 2 SUPER PROGRAMS....Nashville won that matchup 63-35

cuckoobird

Yep. It was their last championship run and stuttgart just had a so so team. I remember that game well and it was a good one until the fourth quarter.

SUGARTOWN

March 20, 2014, 02:01:15 pm #69 Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 02:07:11 pm by SUGARTOWN
Quote from: Orange and Black on March 20, 2014, 01:56:53 pm
Nashville and Stuttgart have only met 1 time on the football field accoring to my records.  How is that possible for 2 SUPER PROGRAMS....Nashville won that matchup 63-35

Because Stuttgart was in a higher classification until 2006 and unlike most schools we rarely play down a class.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: hawgfan15 on March 20, 2014, 01:37:08 pm

You are still talking about championships from the 40's when they wore leather helmets. Stuttgart wins a championship and disappears for the next 10. We will hear from y'all in 8 more years. Good luck getting past Marianna this year.

I'm not talking about just championships over the last 20 years. Add up the wins, facilities, fan/town support, and 4 championships.

Why are we talking about the past? Let's look forward to next season! Where is Stuttgart going to be at??? I know where nashville will be

Stuttgart is a couple years away from making another run IMO. Lot of talent coming up the next few years.

You know where Nashville will be? You'd better hope it's not NW Arkansas again.  :D

HorseFeathers

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on March 20, 2014, 02:01:15 pm

Because Stuttgart was in a higher classification until 2006 and unlike most schools we rarely play down a class.

Well...you guys had a smaller class team on the schedule every year from '85 until 2007

cuckoobird

Actually 2008 was the nashville stuttgart game. Fuzzy memory

~WPS~

LaMichael Pettway is in Fayetteville today (his birthday) on an official visit. And he has just received an offer from the U of A.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: HF on March 20, 2014, 02:14:25 pm

Well...you guys had a smaller class team on the schedule every year from '85 until 2007

I assume you mean DeWitt? That's a 25 mile trip and we didn't play them every year. But we certainly weren't going to schedule a lower class team that was 3 hours away. But I assume the previous poster's question about why Stuttgart and Nashville never met but once was referring to the playoffs anyway.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on March 20, 2014, 02:22:43 pm
LaMichael Pettway is in Fayetteville today (his birthday) on an official visit. And he has just received an offer from the U of A.
wish him the best of luck.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on March 20, 2014, 02:23:20 pm

I assume you mean DeWitt? That's a 25 mile trip and we didn't play them every year. But we certainly weren't going to schedule a lower class team that was 3 hours away. But I assume the previous poster's question about why Stuttgart and Nashville never met but once was referring to the playoffs anyway.

Dewitt, Warren, Pulaski Academy, Dumas and Mayflower....looked like they were all good the years scheduled though.

hawgfan15

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on March 20, 2014, 02:22:43 pm

A big offer to add to his list. He now has offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Nebraska, Louisville, and Arkansas St. Good chance he adds one from Auburn this weekend when he visits

cuckoobird

Quote from: hawgfan15 on March 20, 2014, 01:43:59 pm
Quote from: cuckoobird on March 20, 2014, 01:39:33 pm

Not all of our hopes, but we will see what you have to say when this young mans career is over in 3 years.

So what about Stuttgart? Did y'all find some boys to move in and help the struggling championship powerhouse? Junior and the crew returning have another uphill battle if not.
sry just saw this. no new guys, just a pretty talented class moving up. Plus we will have a junior as qb this year that should have gotten most of his kinks out from last year.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: HF on March 20, 2014, 02:25:21 pm

Dewitt, Warren, Pulaski Academy, Dumas and Mayflower....looked like they were all good the years scheduled though.

Only reason we played Mayflower was so Bobby Bolding could coach against Brad. But that's recent history, I was thinking back to my days in the 80's and 90's. I'm old. lol

hawgfan15

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on March 20, 2014, 02:06:20 pm

Stuttgart is a couple years away from making another run IMO. Lot of talent coming up the next few years.

You know where Nashville will be? You'd better hope it's not NW Arkansas again.  :D

I hope it's not NWA, that drive isn't very fun. With the team we are going to have I expect the majority of our games the next three years to be at home.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on March 20, 2014, 02:32:41 pm
Quote from: HF on March 20, 2014, 02:25:21 pm

Only reason we played Mayflower was so Bobby Bolding could coach against Brad. But that's recent history, I was thinking back to my days in the 80's and 90's. I'm old. lol

I was thinking that was theso-called Bolding Bowl....I was just curious about the claim of not scheduling down a class...Forgot ya'll played Marianna a few years to

SUGARTOWN

Had to play Marianna, it was a conference game. Now I know they played Marianna in the 60's and 70's when they were the Porcupines! :)

HorseFeathers

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on March 20, 2014, 02:40:13 pm
Had to play Marianna, it was a conference game. Now I know they played Marianna in the 60's and 70's when they were the Porcupines! :)

They weren't in 2002-03 though

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: HF on March 20, 2014, 02:46:11 pm

Your point?

cuckoobird

Quote from: hawgfan15 on March 20, 2014, 02:32:55 pm

I hope it's not NWA, that drive isn't very fun. With the team we are going to have I expect the majority of our games the next three years to be at home.
Marianna could go undefeated in that weak conference ya'll are in the next couple of years. 

HorseFeathers

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on March 20, 2014, 02:48:14 pm
Quote from: HF on March 20, 2014, 02:46:11 pm

Your point?

Don't have one lol   Slow day off, and Both NCAA Tournament games I can watch right now are Blow-outs right now...

Orange and Black

Actually since 2004 Stuttgart has played the following non conference 30 games
up in class = 8
same class = 14
lower class = 8

SUGARTOWN

March 20, 2014, 03:08:16 pm #88 Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 03:11:22 pm by SUGARTOWN
Quote from: Orange and Black on March 20, 2014, 03:05:20 pm

up in class = 8
same class = 14
lower class = 8

No lower class in the last 6 years and none scheduled this year.

Orange and Black

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on March 20, 2014, 03:08:16 pm
Quote from: Orange and Black on March 20, 2014, 03:05:20 pm

up in class = 8
same class = 14
lower class = 8

No lower class in the last 6 years and none scheduled this year.

correct sir....9-6 on that schedule

hawgfan15

Quote from: cuckoobird on March 20, 2014, 02:50:12 pm
Quote from: hawgfan15 on March 20, 2014, 02:32:55 pm

Marianna could go undefeated in that weak conference ya'll are in the next couple of years.

7-4A may be down but far from weak. If it wasn't for Newport next year your conference would be an embarrassment. Even with them 2-4A is at the bottom the list as a conference. Dollarway isn't there to carry you any more.

1. 8-4A
2. 7-4A
The rest

SUGARTOWN

Dollarway was only in the conference for 2 years, lol.  And one of those years the Ricebirds won it all. Newport was a disappointment last year though, I thought they would be a lot better.

cuckoobird

There wont be but one good team in the 7 and thats only if yall can run more than 15 yards a game

hawgfan15

Quote from: cuckoobird on March 20, 2014, 05:15:26 pm
There wont be but one good team in the 7 and thats only if yall can run more than 15 yards a game

Lol I think we can manage that this season. I think Malvern will surprise some people and Arkadelphia will be a tough team to beat. Ashdown will be decent also

cuckoobird

With all the good players arkie will lose they havent been tough for many outside the conference to beat

hawgfan15

Quote from: cuckoobird on March 20, 2014, 05:45:47 pm
With all the good players arkie will lose they havent been tough for many outside the conference to beat

They won't be on the same level as the last two years but they return a lot of their defense and with Blake and Kosters they will find a way to score some points. By playoff time they will be a tough out especially for a 2 or 3 seed in one of the weaker conferences.

cuckoobird

Like mena? Oh wait they are in the conference now. Arkie may not even make the playoffs

Jacketman65

Quote from: cuckoobird on March 20, 2014, 06:02:53 pm
Like mena? Oh wait they are in the conference now. Arkie may not even make the playoffs
Cuck, you are doing a lot of talking for a team that, like Clinton, only won 4 games. Remember you has that huge loss to the Mighty Trojans of Marianna.  Will you be back in the playoffs this year?  I predict 3 wins for the Birds, 4 MAYBE! 

cuckoobird

We are talking a lot of history here. Sorry clinton doesnt play football or you could play along too.  Now go home rose

OldScrap

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on March 18, 2014, 10:47:38 pm
Scrapper haters in full swing early this year. Must mean that Nashville is going to be good.

Jealous, their just jealous, they're wishing their blood was orange too, so sad, everyone can't be a Scrapper. So they try to throw everything they can pick up at us Scrappers including the kitchen sink, hoping some of it will stick. I suppose that's the only thing they can think of doing when the jealous gets so deep within them.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas