• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Greenwood vs Russellville

Started by Bigfootdogfan, October 06, 2018, 10:18:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigfootdogfan

My thoughts on this game is that GW will get the win and will go into the Benton game playing for the Conference championship and the number 1 seed for the playoffs and Russellville will go into their game with ED playing for the 3rd or 4th seed. I think coach Weaver will have his players ready to play but I think GW will be too much for them. Go Bulldogs!!!! Coach Jones gets win # 301

dubbnation

Wildcat Football

Ringthebell

Gwood will win 42-17.  Of course without a Mercy rule the starters will have to play the whole game, or the few "special" ones that have the right last names. 

Topdog1

Right last name?  Lol.  And who would that be?  Good grief. 

dubbnation

RussVegas' defense has two shut outs on the road. I don't think it will be a shut out. I do think it may be closer than the experts think. Hope its interesting.

PA Dad

Quote from: dubbnation on October 08, 2018, 08:59:03 pm
RussVegas' defense has two shut outs on the road. I don't think it will be a shut out. I do think it may be closer than the experts think. Hope its interesting.

Coach Wood is one of, if not the best, DC's in Arkansas.  He did a fantastic job at P.A.  I think he will throw a couple of surprises at Greenwood.

High Voltage

Quote from: PA Dad on October 08, 2018, 09:26:42 pm
Coach Wood is one of, if not the best, DC's in Arkansas.  He did a fantastic job at P.A.  I think he will throw a couple of surprises at Greenwood.
Sorry, but Rick has seen it all. He may throw a couple of wrinkles but again nothing Rick hasn't saw. Wood is good, but one of the best DC's ion Arkansas is a stretch.

Baitshop

Quote from: High Voltage on October 09, 2018, 07:01:24 am
Sorry, but Rick has seen it all. He may throw a couple of wrinkles but again nothing Rick hasn't saw seen. Wood is good, but one of the best DC's ion Arkansas is a stretch.

*Baitshop shakes his head and mumbles to himself* "dang Greenwood education....Mrs. Tarver would be so disappointed"

RiverRunner02

It'd be nice to see a good game but we'll find out Friday @7. Greenwood plays with a pace unlike any other that come as a shock to their opponents early in the game. Russellville will bring pressure throughout the game seeking to get Gwood behind the chains and force turnovers. Pressure is on both the offenses in my opinion

The Future

This Greenwood team is starting to really click. We'll see what we're made of next week vs Benton.

Greenwood 41
Russellville 14

dubbnation

Quote from: RiverRunner02 on October 09, 2018, 10:20:02 am
It'd be nice to see a good game but we'll find out Friday @7. Greenwood plays with a pace unlike any other that come as a shock to their opponents early in the game. Russellville will bring pressure throughout the game seeking to get Gwood behind the chains and force turnovers. Pressure is on both the offenses in my opinion

Totally agree with you about the pressure. Hope it's an exciting game!

dubbnation

Quote from: The Future on October 09, 2018, 11:30:50 am
This Greenwood team is starting to really click. We'll see what we're made of next week vs Benton.

Greenwood 41
Russellville 14

Already looking ahead to next week, huh? ;D

The Future

Quote from: dubbnation on October 09, 2018, 11:48:33 am
Already looking ahead to next week, huh? ;D

You can bet your bottom dollar coach Jones makes sure the players don't overlook anyone. Focus on the game at hand.

But as a fan, we can look ahead all the way to the state game if we wanted to  ;D

dubbnation

Quote from: The Future on October 09, 2018, 01:13:00 pm
You can bet your bottom dollar coach Jones makes sure the players don't overlook anyone. Focus on the game at hand.

But as a fan, we can look ahead all the way to the state game if we wanted to  ;D

;D :o ;D :o

RD™

Greenwood 31
Russellville 24

This game goes tight into the 4th quarter.

Pr8hd

I expect a scrappy game especially after last years game. GW at home is tough to overcome where they do not lose often (Maybe like 5 times total in 15 years under CRJ) and they also still have not lost to a 6A team in the regular season since joining the classification in 2012.

Magic 8 Ball says "All Signs Point to Yes" when asking about a GW win. 

Side note Russ coach Jeff Weaver will be in town as well for 30 year class reunion at GW.

Baitshop

Quote from: Pr8hd on October 09, 2018, 07:10:47 pm
I expect a scrappy game especially after last years game. GW at home is tough to overcome where they do not lose often (Maybe like 5 times total in 15 years under CRJ) and they also still have not lost to a 6A team in the regular season since joining the classification in 2012.

Magic 8 Ball says "All Signs Point to Yes" when asking about a GW win. 

Side note Russ coach Jeff Weaver will be in town as well for 30 year class reunion at GW.

Pffft....30 year reunion....bunch of young whippersnappers.  ::)

Lumberjackfan1978

High Voltage

Quote from: Baitshop on October 09, 2018, 09:46:42 am

*Baitshop shakes his head and mumbles to himself* "dang Greenwood education....Mrs. Tarver would be so disappointed"

Maybe so but I would be more worried about that "Trainwreck" known as SS football. Better yet, do they even play football at Southside anymore?

High Voltage

This game will be closer than most think.

GW - 28
Russ - 21

dubbnation

Quote from: High Voltage on October 10, 2018, 12:06:16 am
This game will be closer than most think.

GW - 28
Russ - 21

I think so too, but what do I know?  ;D

High Voltage

Quote from: dubbnation on October 10, 2018, 08:28:16 am
I think so too, but what do I know?  ;D
Maybe we should ask Bait? No, nevermind anyone from SS has no clue about football. They do have a good Chess team I hear! :o

Bulldogfan44

Quote from: Ringthebell on October 08, 2018, 06:25:05 pm
Gwood will win 42-17.  Of course without a Mercy rule the starters will have to play the whole game, or the few "special" ones that have the right last names.
An who might that be? Can't wait to hear this one haha.?

Baitshop

October 10, 2018, 11:39:59 am #24 Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 11:43:52 am by Baitshop
Quote from: High Voltage on October 10, 2018, 12:03:31 am
Maybe so but I would be more worried about that "Trainwreck" known as SS football. Better yet, do they even play football at Southside anymore?

Football fortunes can change......ignorance lasts forever.

High Voltage

Quote from: Baitshop on October 10, 2018, 11:39:59 am
Football fortunes can change......ignorance lasts forever.
Football fortunes haven't changed at Southside in a long time. Pretty sad these days when your best argument is trying to turn FF into a spelling bee. That's weak Bait, you used to be better than that! But I guess when SS football sux this bad you have nothing better to do huh? lololololol

jeffslilbro

Billy Dawson's team apparently graduated. Weaver's team sucks

The Future

jeffslilbro

Russellville def. Is terrible.
No off line at all.

Ringthebell

Playing defensive backs at wide receiver vs your talented young wideouts whom are faster and have proven themselves daily in practice and in JV??? Hmmm once again it makes you wonder🤔

Bulldogfan44

Quote from: Ringthebell on October 12, 2018, 08:22:07 pm
Playing defensive backs at wide receiver vs your talented young wideouts whom are faster and have proven themselves daily in practice and in JV??? Hmmm once again it makes you wonder🤔
Your literally questioning Coach Jones. Slow down take a deep breath. An think about what you post before you post it. An for your info, are there a lot more  positions at WR then just 1. In case you didn't know that

RiverRunner02

Welp not what I expected at all... props to Greenwood for sure. Hopefully Russ can bounce back. Looking forward to Greenwood and Benton now

Pr8hd

In the first few years of the 6A/7A blended conferences they would have been 2 way starters likely, but 6A/7A requires a little more depth than 5A did at one time. So a scheme here or there to bring over a few on certain plays or situations is not a full blown conspiracy theory or sorts. 300 plus wins says CRJ likely knows what he is doing.   

Topdog1

JV games aren't proving a thing.  Who exactly do you think would out play Woods or Ohl?   Just wondering.  Which young one is faster?  Or can block better?   Again just wondering.

Bulldogfan44

Quote from: Topdog1 on October 13, 2018, 08:37:21 am
JV games aren't proving a thing.  Who exactly do you think would out play Woods or Ohl?   Just wondering.  Which young one is faster?  Or can block better?   Again just wondering.
His answer is gonna be #86 he was going at in about him on another page as well. Just to let you know

Topdog1

Quote from: Bulldogfan44 on October 13, 2018, 08:39:50 am
His answer is gonna be #86 he was going at in about him on another page as well. Just to let you know

I guess I would have to ask who that is.  I think I've seen an 86 that is about 5'3 and maybe 125.  He would get killed out there.  Who is he going to block?  Good grief.

Bulldogfan44

Quote from: Topdog1 on October 13, 2018, 08:44:36 am
I guess I would have to ask who that is.  I think I've seen an 86 that is about 5'3 and maybe 125.  He would get killed out there.  Who is he going to block?  Good grief.
Ahh some of these people see it only the way they wanna see it. An don't know much. They will figure it out one of these days. But questioning coach Jones. Just not a smart thing to do.

Topdog1

Quote from: Bulldogfan44 on October 13, 2018, 08:47:16 am
Ahh some of these people see it only the way they wanna see it. An don't know much. They will figure it out one of these days. But questioning coach Jones. Just not a smart thing to do.

I mean it's not like he knows much about football and winning. To be a receiver in his offense you must block.  That kid is not blocking varsity d backs.  Just my opinion. 

Bulldogfan44

Quote from: Topdog1 on October 13, 2018, 08:52:39 am
I mean it's not like he knows much about football and winning. To be a receiver in his offense you must block.  That kid is not blocking varsity d backs.  Just my opinion.
Agreed

High Voltage

Quote from: PA Dad on October 08, 2018, 09:26:42 pm
Sorry, but I told you so.

High Voltage

Quote from: Bulldogfan44 on October 13, 2018, 09:05:40 am
Agreed
Must be an upset parent and little Johnny isn't getting playing time. Sheeeezzzz!

Ringthebell

I don't have a kid on the team what so ever.  I think all of the JV receivers are talented and several of them would do just as good on varsity, so pipe down about what I do or don't know about football!  If you knew as much as you think you did, then you would see the talent vs who they are, how big they are, or where they're from first.  Didn't take much to bring out the claws of those ole gwood parents who may be a bit threatened.  Relax, No one is questioning Jones ability to win, why or how can you with his record! My point is why play those Kidd on offense when you have multiple options waiting in the wings?  Doesn't mean those kids are great players, or they can't get the job done!  To me when the starter was injured it presented an opportunity to further develop those young men, and yes 86 is one of them. 

Bigfootdogfan

October 14, 2018, 03:03:14 pm #42 Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 03:15:40 pm by Bigfootdogfan
I don't have a kid on the team eather but I will say this only once and that is ( I have watched coach Jones every year since he has been here and watched every game he has coached since coming to GW and I know this, he has said more then once that he is going to play the players that give the TEAM the best chance to win) does that mean he is a perfect coach? No, but he is pretty dang good at what he does i.e. 301 wins speaks enough for me so who he plays and where he plays them is what he thinks is best for the team and will give the team the best chance to win. Just want to add, watching this years team I have seen several DIFFERENT linemen start on both off and def. in different games. It's all about WHO wants to step up. Coach Jones will give every young man on the team a chance but those who chose to step up most likely will be the ones he goes with to give the TEAM the best chance to win. Enough said!!!!!

Bulldogfan44

Quote from: Ringthebell on October 14, 2018, 02:42:24 pm
I don't have a kid on the team what so ever.  I think all of the JV receivers are talented and several of them would do just as good on varsity, so pipe down about what I do or don't know about football!  If you knew as much as you think you did, then you would see the talent vs who they are, how big they are, or where they're from first.  Didn't take much to bring out the claws of those ole gwood parents who may be a bit threatened.  Relax, No one is questioning Jones ability to win, why or how can you with his record! My point is why play those Kidd on offense when you have multiple options waiting in the wings?  Doesn't mean those kids are great players, or they can't get the job done!  To me when the starter was injured it presented an opportunity to further develop those young men, and yes 86 is one of them.
I don't have a kid on the team either. But sure interesting on how interested you are on #86  if you "aren't a parent" just watch the games on Monday a little closer. Thatsvall im asking.

Ringthebell

Once again, I never stated coach Jones wasn't a great coach!  Chill out, you guys are the ones getting your panties in a wad!  I cheer all the kids for every sport!  You have a right to your opinion just as I do.  Time will tell who the playmakers are.  Maybe you need to watch the games a little closer and see who does what when they get the ball in their hands;).  I believe I originally posted about 4 or 5 different kids, if your favorite wasn't one of them, I am sure he is a talented young man as well.  I think we all cheer for the same team, obviously we should want them all to do well. 

Bulldogfan44

Quote from: Ringthebell on October 14, 2018, 05:36:21 pm
Once again, I never stated coach Jones wasn't a great coach!  Chill out, you guys are the ones getting your panties in a wad!  I cheer all the kids for every sport!  You have a right to your opinion just as I do.  Time will tell who the playmakers are.  Maybe you need to watch the games a little closer and see who does what when they get the ball in their hands;).  I believe I originally posted about 4 or 5 different kids, if your favorite wasn't one of them, I am sure he is a talented young man as well.  I think we all cheer for the same team, obviously we should want them all to do well.
I don't have a favorite either. Been watching this class since they were in pitbulls. Just saying watch a little closer

High Voltage

lol, Dear Lord if you know more than Jones then you should be the Coach, and no My kids never even got the chance to play for Jones. I wish they had.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

There's 2 reason's some of the older defensive players are also playing wide receiver: 1)  The younger receivers aren't producing, whether it be running the correct routes, catching the ball, or blocking.  2) Jones/Young are preparing for the end of the season. I.E. Benton, and possibly Pine Bluff, West Memphis, Jonesboro, etc.   Ohl and Woods haven't played much receiver over the past few years, and are needing to get reacquainted with the offense.     By the way, I don't have a kid playing receiver, however, I do have one on the team. 

Topdog1

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 15, 2018, 02:51:59 pm
There's 2 reason's some of the older defensive players are also playing wide receiver: 1)  The younger receivers aren't producing, whether it be running the correct routes, catching the ball, or blocking.  2) Jones/Young are preparing for the end of the season. I.E. Benton, and possibly Pine Bluff, West Memphis, Jonesboro, etc.   Ohl and Woods haven't played much receiver over the past few years, and are needing to get reacquainted with the offense.     By the way, I don't have a kid playing receiver, however, I do have one on the team.

Certainly can agree with that.  Two receivers are producing and a good tram can take those away.    With Woods and Ohl coming over that would be impossible. 

Ringthebell

Quote from: Topdog1 on October 15, 2018, 03:06:54 pm
Certainly can agree with that.  Two receivers are producing and a good tram can take those away.    With Woods and Ohl coming over that would be impossible.
Completely agree blocking at WR is a huge part of the success with this offense!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas