• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top 5 Players in 2A

Started by BigMan15, September 28, 2017, 10:39:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMan15

trojanman

Tyler Berry and D. Hughes from Bearden
Josh Osborn Parkers Chapel

these are three that could be mentioned but probably wont be

BigMan15

give us some more info size, averages, grades

trojanman

only one i can really speak on is Osborn. 6'9" Junior with great grades. I'll have to look up his averages from last season.

We saw the other 2 twice last year and they were by far the best 2 we faced

little.guy.23

D. Goodwin and N. Garrett-Evans both had good seasons last year and both have great grades. Goodwin will be the engine while Garret-Evans will be the shooter... Osborn will be a vital part to the trio also, but top 5 we'll have to wait till season to find out.

BirdCall

Davis from Lighthouse is the best Player in the 2A hands down.

hogman1886

I'm sure yall are talking about boys but I know schools struggled with #12 Sidney Pigott from Camden Harmony Grove last year. I heard she averaged about 25 a game but scored 30+ on us as a sophomore. I'm looking forward to seeing her play this year.

old.dole

Yea that girl can ball. She has a nice supporting cast with her also. Very good game between them and springhill in the district finals in Bearden last year

PapaHog

Pigott is a freak athlete. Good at every sport. She can flat go. No doubt about it.

ak58

Quote from: old.dole on October 03, 2017, 02:37:44 pm
Yea that girl can ball. She has a nice supporting cast with her also. Very good game between them and springhill in the district finals in Bearden last year
;D and Katie Rivera Shut her Down in OT

BirdCall

Doakes transferred back to Lighthouse from North Little Rock :o

Ctucker

Quote from: BirdCall on October 18, 2017, 10:46:03 am
Doakes transferred back to Lighthouse from North Little Rock :o
then he should have to sit out this year by the rules.

old.dole

That's what I was wondering??

NEABallftw

Quote from: Ctucker on October 18, 2017, 01:31:37 pm
then he should have to sit out this year by the rules.

If Coach Parker tries to play him, there is going to be a major issue and all coaches are going to fight it

BigLion10

Quote from: JagHog on October 18, 2017, 02:41:46 pm
If Coach Parker tries to play him, there is going to be a major issue and all coaches are going to fight it
Unless AAA approves it and they have been known to do some strange things

Ctucker

Don't think releasing him works on this.by the rules he should have to sit!

Bildo

If he physically moves into the district, he can play right away

Ctucker

They don't have a school district they are a charter school.

Ctucker

If he moved he would be in Jacksonville public school dristrict.

BigLion10

I forgot that was a charter school, they have different rules than the ones we use so he prolly will get to play

old.dole

Yea triple a always has a loophole for the non public schools

Ctucker

I doubt it I know kids at private schools that had to sit a year can't believe it would be different for a charter school.

BigLion10

Charter schools are different than private they play by their own rules

Ctucker

MomaLion

Then they should prepare for a fight from a lot of schools.  If you are participating in AAA then all should have the same rules regardless of school type.  Otherwise, what's to keep them from playing football at school A and basketball and school B and baseball at school C?

NEABallftw

Quote from: Bildo on October 18, 2017, 03:49:31 pm
If he physically moves into the district, he can play right away

He never even moved out of Jville, when he transferred to NLR, he was using a fake address

NEABallftw

Charter schools are not different, they are a public school, just not funded by the public.  They have to play by the same rules everyone else does

BigLion10

Doakes offered by Florida today per twitter

keohog

A player can leave a public school and go to a charter school and play right away.  This is what our Superintendent told me. Charter schools can almost anything they want to do.

BigLion10

Quote from: keohog on October 19, 2017, 02:18:28 pm
A player can leave a public school and go to a charter school and play right away.  This is what our Superintendent told me. Charter schools can almost anything they want to do.
Tried to tell these folks that hog

Marblehog

Quote from: JagHog on October 18, 2017, 02:41:46 pm
Uh no.  You can transfer all you want before season starts

Ctucker

The AAA shouldn't let them in than unless there going to let public schools just pick up anybody the want during the year.

Ice Water

AAA Handbook, Article III, Section 1, Rule 1, Point J:

Public Charter School. For athletic eligibility purposes, a public charter school student must be enrolled by July 1 before a student enters grades 7-10 and requires that CSAP forms be signed. Students enrolling after July 1 prior to entering the 10th grade shall not be eligible for one calendar year (365 days).

-

He's ineligible.

Ctucker

old.dole

Ctucker

According to Bird CAll he has been ruled ineligible !

BirdCall

It seems to me at first you all was yapping saying this and that about Doakes and now that he has transferred back now you all saying ya'll will be upset if he gets to play. Somebody shaking in their boots I see ;D....Doakes has been ruled ineligible by AAA. Just got offered by Florida recently and it sucks he won't get to play this year but he should transfer to Southwest Christian I know he could play there right away they aren't under AAA rules and it's a prep school. Then he could transfer back wherever he pleases next year.

MomaLion

Quote from: BirdCall on October 19, 2017, 10:57:47 pm
It seems to me at first you all was yapping saying this and that about Doakes and now that he has transferred back now you all saying ya'll will be upset if he gets to play. Somebody shaking in their boots I see ;D....Doakes has been ruled ineligible by AAA. Just got offered by Florida recently and it sucks he won't get to play this year but he should transfer to Southwest Christian I know he could play there right away they aren't under AAA rules and it's a prep school. Then he could transfer back wherever he pleases next year.
It's not about competition.  Honestly i've seen several that are better.  It's about playing by the rules and some thinking they can do whatever they want because they can dribble a ball.
I'm wondering...why did he leave NLR all of a sudden if he didn't have a guarantee that he'd be able to play?

BigLion10

Doakes was going to start and probably lead NLR in scoring I doubt it was that moma. If I had to guess I hear thru the grapevine he really didn't move to NLR district so I wonder if someone turned him

NWA Hawg

If Doakes didn't move from Jacksonville then he should be able to play for Jacksonville High School this year. I would just enroll and play there instead of sitting out a year.

trojanman

I want the kid to be able to play but it does need to be legally.

MomaLion

True...i hate to see him out for a year.

Bildo

A lot of talk about 1 kid and what should be done by the AAA. Although I don't have much faith in the AAA ... rules are rules and the result will be what "is" legal by the rules set forth. Can we move on from this and find something better to talk about? There are many kids/teams out there.

old.dole

BirdCall

Quote from: Bildo on October 22, 2017, 10:53:11 am
A lot of talk about 1 kid and what should be done by the AAA. Although I don't have much faith in the AAA ... rules are rules and the result will be what "is" legal by the rules set forth. Can we move on from this and find something better to talk about? There are many kids/teams out there.
My bad this is a past about the top 5 players in 2A and essentially the best player in the 2A won't be eligible to play this year so I think it's worth talking about.

NEABallftw

Quote from: BigLion10 on October 20, 2017, 07:40:42 am
Doakes was going to start and probably lead NLR in scoring I doubt it was that moma. If I had to guess I hear thru the grapevine he really didn't move to NLR district so I wonder if someone turned him

I promise you he wasn't going to start or lead the team in scoring.  I almost guarantee Coach Rice told him he wasn't going to play if he didn't do anything about his terrible attitude.

BirdCall

Quote from: JagHog on October 23, 2017, 11:19:54 am
I promise you he wasn't going to start or lead the team in scoring.  I almost guarantee Coach Rice told him he wasn't going to play if he didn't do anything about his terrible attitude.
Name somebody on the NLR team hat can get buckets like he does? How many times have you seen Doakes play to know he has a terrible attitude and how bad did they beat the school you support? Have you ever thought that the school found out he never moved from the Jacksonville area to NLR so he would have not been able to play there anyway so he transferred back to Lighthouse hoping to be able to play but he won't be able too.

BigLion10

That's what I'm hearing thru the grapevine bird that they found out he never moved

BirdCall

Quote from: BigLion10 on October 23, 2017, 12:10:58 pm
That's what I'm hearing thru the grapevine bird that they found out he never moved
It's the truth with what happened they found out he didn't move at all. JagHog and others are just some haters which I hate to say talking about a kid having a terrible attitude.

trojanman

Sad deal for him. IDK his situation but it sounds like he needs people in his corner making sure what he is doing id legit so this would have never happened to him

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas