• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Volunteer Assistant

Started by BannerMountainMan, October 26, 2016, 05:54:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerMountainMan

What all do you have to have done to be a full time volunteer assistant coach? Because this team only has one coach and they have asked me to become there Volunteer assistant coach and coach first base. He said like some paperwork and CPR training?

ricepig

Yell, "back", haha? I'm sure the school will let you know what has to be done in order to maintain their eligibility. I don't think it's a big hoop to jump through, though.

sevenof400

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on October 26, 2016, 05:54:35 pm
What all do you have to have done to be a full time volunteer assistant coach? Because this team only has one coach and they have asked me to become there Volunteer assistant coach and coach first base. He said like some paperwork and CPR training?

http://www.ahsaa.org/activity/31/coaches-education

This form: http://members.ahsaa.org/public/userfiles/Coaches_Education/2016-17RegVolVerificationForm.pdf

pretty much lays out the requirements.

BannerMountainMan

OB11

I wouldn't drag my feet on getting everything done if I were you.  Getting some of the stuff back (like the background check/fingerprints) can take a little while to get pushed through the system. 

sevenof400

You're welcome BannerMountainMan and best of luck to you in this endeavor. 

I would echo OB11's post from another standpoint - some of the online courses can take a bit of time to complete (and are, shall we say, not the most entertaining or mentally stimulating either).  OB11 is correct in that is you have a volunteer position lined up, get started on this process now to get it complete.

ZoneBuster

Quite a bit of paperwork, online tests, and money for volunteering. Little much but worth it to help Coach.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas