• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It's True... Coach Woods to Conway

Started by ARDA2, November 26, 2008, 09:22:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TheReal_Deal24

TheReal_Deal24

do you think the whole coaching staff leaves if wood goes or what?

Earl is my Hero!!

TheReal_Deal24

yeah it is no one knows about it yet but i know some of the players like to get on here and see what ppl are saying so hopefully they dont do it this week.

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: 479BOYZ on November 26, 2008, 12:33:06 pm
do you think the whole coaching staff leaves if wood goes or what?

I think several have roots in the NWA community, but I'm sure a few will go and move into coordinator positions.

TheReal_Deal24

November 26, 2008, 12:52:45 pm #55 Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 03:03:56 pm by 479BOYZ

ARDA2

Quote from: 479BOYZ on November 26, 2008, 12:52:45 pm
yeah i think if this is true wear might take over or one of the defensive coaches will. check your messages earl

479BOYZ, you must know the coaches pretty well given you get to be on the sidelines.  Any feedback from them?

Earl is my Hero!!

yeah i think if this is true wear might take over or one of the defensive coaches will. check your messages earl

Dude, I've responded to you twice.

TheReal_Deal24

ARDA2

479 you mention coach Wear...wasn't he Bentonville's old head coach?  Could he be vying for another head coaching gig and leaking this stuff?  Or is it one of the defense coaches?  Do you know more than you are telling?

Earl is my Hero!!

Earl is my Hero!!

I have a lot of respect for Coach Wear.

TheReal_Deal24

November 26, 2008, 01:19:54 pm #62 Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 01:31:39 pm by 479BOYZ
i dont think any of the coaches are leaking info to become the head coach.

Earl is my Hero!!

I was just looking at the AAA site, and I don't see anything that addresses coaches contracts and tampering. Does anyone remember a similar situation where one school (potentially) accuses another school of tampering?

Not saying that it has happened, but it sure sounded a lot like that's where Springdale was headed with this.

TheReal_Deal24

November 26, 2008, 02:05:30 pm #64 Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 02:07:16 pm by 479BOYZ
i haven't heard of any. but like i said earlier i doubt this is true i just dont see wood doing this. if true this is something that needs to be handled after the season.

TheReal_Deal24

THIS IS NOT TRUE THIS THREAD SHOULD BE DELETED.

ARDA2

What you really need to do, 479, is to plug the leaks coming out of Har-Ber and not ask that a thread be deleted just because your one source says it is not true.

TheReal_Deal24

i dont know who its coming from but this whole thing is not true im not sure who is leaking it but they are wrong about their info

ARDA2

No one blames coach Woods for trying to make more money, but they will not think to highly of him if he lies to his team.   Trust is very valuable coin.

TheReal_Deal24

i agree but coach wood has never lied to his players and i dont think he will start now. he's a great guy and an even better coach.

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: ARDA2 on November 26, 2008, 02:42:49 pm
No one blames coach Woods for trying to make more money, but they will not think to highly of him if he lies to his team.   Trust is very valuable coin.

Very, very true.

Maybe he is going to meet with them to discuss the transition and interim coach. In the end, stepping down may be less of a distraction to the team.

BB9

Whether he leaves or not.  At least he did not do the same things the basbeall coach was accused of to cause his leaving.  How did that situation ever come out?

slapper

Word out of Conway is the position is filled. Cant get nobody to say who.

BB9

I am hearing it is Van Horn.  Hopefully not though. He is the ONLY coach we have.

TheReal_Deal24

i removed my last post since stat thought it was wrong for me to post facts on the situation.

BB9

Quote from: 479BOYZ on November 26, 2008, 03:32:38 pm
i removed my last post since stat thought it was wrong for me to post facts on the situation.

People get upset when you do that.

TheReal_Deal24

yeah its stupid if it facts it shouldnt be wrong to post

RED MO 1

I'm the new Conway coach...  ;D  I no longer want the Ozark job

BB9

Does that mean I can have your sidleine pass for this Friday night?

RED MO 1

Man if you want a pass all you have to do is ask... you can be that guy that carries my cord to my headset.

Earl is my Hero!!

I'm just trying to rationalize this in my mind. Why would Woods go to Conway?

1) More money - the obvious reason
2) Facilities - Conway seems willing to invest in facilities. On the other hand, Har-Ber has to play in the Red Dog's stadium, and from what I have seen, don't have the best football practice facilities at their school.
3) One Team Town - for what ever reason, this seems to matter to coaches. They don't like to share the talent and like the focus to be on the team. Look at Lunney moving to Bentonville. I understand that was his main reason for leaving SS.

Am I missing anything?

TheReal_Deal24

no it didnt but you thought it was wrong so i did.

stattracker

Quote from: 479BOYZ on November 26, 2008, 04:06:58 pm
no it didnt but you thought it was wrong so i did.

I just said you had no bounds. You must have felt guilty about it.

ARDA2

Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on November 26, 2008, 03:55:18 pm
I'm just trying to rationalize this in my mind. Why would Woods go to Conway?

1) More money - the obvious reason
2) Facilities - Conway seems willing to invest in facilities. On the other hand, Har-Ber has to play in the Red Dog's stadium, and from what I have seen, don't have the best football practice facilities at their school.
3) One Team Town - for what ever reason, this seems to matter to coaches. They don't like to share the talent and like the focus to be on the team. Look at Lunney moving to Bentonville. I understand that was his main reason for leaving SS.

Am I missing anything?

Another point would be the good relationship coach Woods and Dr Murray, the super. @ Conway.  I understand coach Wood has said there are problems with the AD and or Superintendent at Har-Ber.

NWAfootball

The athletic director at Har-Ber is a..... well..... what is it you call a female dog?? :-D 

Baitshop

I just got home fellas and am a little behind.....I read where someone in Conway has said that the job is filled.......do we know by whom??..??

Has Chris Wood specifically denied or confirmed the rumor to anyone??..??

TheReal_Deal24

he denied the rumor he's not taking the job!!

Madgun

Quote from: NWAfootball on November 26, 2008, 04:24:04 pm
The athletic director at Har-Ber is a..... well..... what is it you call a female dog?? :-D 

AD is for the entire district--Har-Ber and SHS.  I do agree with your assessment though.  :)

Baitshop

Quote from: 479BOYZ on November 26, 2008, 05:15:44 pm

479.....to whom did he deny the rumor to??..??

Do you know??..??

TheReal_Deal24

yes i do know my source had a meeting with him today and he denied it. he said he's staying here.

7AFBFAN

My source had a meeting with him today and said he would announce he is leaving when the season is over.

Baitshop

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on November 26, 2008, 05:45:37 pm
My source had a meeting with him today and said he would announce he is leaving when the season is over.

;D ;D ;D

Considering Woods' past in similar situations.......your source may be as credible as 479's..............

7AFBFAN

I think it may be the same guy, he said something about receiving a prank call with a lot of babbling on the other end.

Smithian

Quote from: 479BOYZ on November 26, 2008, 05:15:44 pm
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *catches breath* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Funniest thing I have seen a while. Have you ever watched the news? Ever heard of Nick Saban, Rich Rodriguez, Billy Gillispie, etc etc? "Deny, deny, deny, ACCEPT"

RGP

Folks this could have some legs.... I heard some info today that make it seem at least possible... if you want to know, you may PM me....

TheReal_Deal24

coach wood isn't going anywhere it is all speculation. i take back everything i said about who might be the coach if he's gone because he's not going anywhere. everything is going to be back to normal soon.

ARDA2

November 26, 2008, 08:34:55 pm #96 Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 08:49:56 pm by ARDA2
Quote from: 479BOYZ on November 26, 2008, 07:30:08 pm
coach wood isn't going anywhere it is all speculation. i take back everything i said about who might be the coach if he's gone because he's not going anywhere. everything is going to be back to normal soon.

479 part of me wants to believe you.  Now if coach Wood is strongly denying this story there are several possibilities to consider:
1. Coach Wood is telling the truth and never did have intentions of moving.  This still does not explain why someone on the coaching staff leaked this story.
2. Coach Wood is going to Conway and he is probable very irritated the story was released while he is in the playoffs.  Again who leaked the story?  Why would he go given the quality of the program?  Something smells in Denmark.
3. Coach Wood intially agreed in principle to a deal with Conway, but is now backing out for some unknown reason(s). Again who leaked?  What reason(s) have lead him to back out.

Where there is smoke there is fire or crack!

BB9

Coach Wood is not leaving.
Jim Lindsey just gave him a 2 year free pass. :D

Iknewthemwhen

I don't know if Wood is leaving but why is easy to figure.  Wood has moved, I think 6 times, to Conway would be 7.  MOving isn't a problem it seems and Conway comes up with bigger bucks.   Case solved.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas