• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6a Playoff Predictions

Started by Lets Go 5, April 04, 2017, 03:22:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lets Go 5

The next few weeks should tell a lot. Does anyone have any guesses or favs?

Buck183

April 04, 2017, 03:29:41 pm #1 Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 08:29:33 pm by Buck183
Boys.....I would lean towards Siloam and Russellville again.  Both seem to be doing well this year.  Tonight's game will tell us a lot about these two teams. 

Girls.....Siloam, Russellville, Benton, El Dorado, and Searcy all seem to be doing good.  Benton and El Dorado scores can be a little misleading due to weakness in their schedules.  We saw that come into play last year.  Can't get a read on Searcy.  Siloam looks to be doing good, but have they been tested yet?  Need a few more conference games in the books to get a good read on everything. 

EDIT.....we know Russellville and Benton both are young on the girls side of things.  Benton had several starting freshman last year and made it to the second round.  Russellville has several freshman that have played together for years.  If these girls play to expectations either team could be contenders in a year or two. 

futbolsoccer

girls side
Siloam, Searcy and Mount home, Russellville, Benton.
to me is how it looks on paper, for their scores, but MH been playing better teams that Searcy I believe.
but that the good part about soccer, every game is different, anybody can win, and is when coaching is a factor.

Colt

On the girls side, Siloam, Searcy, and Mtn Home have all played to PKs. Don't know much on El Dorado.

Buck183

It will be another week before we can get a read on the Siloam vs Russellville matchup.  Games were called due to severe weather. 

Girls got to play to the 13:55 mark in the first half.  That little bit did indicate some advantage. 

ArkansasSportsFan

Don't sleep on a team like Jonesboro, outplayed Valley View recently and took the W in PK's but also lost by a couple goals to Nettleton, never know what team is going to show up from one day to the next from what I can tell.

Buck183

Make up games tomorrow night. Both games are rematches of the state championship games this last year for both boys and girls.  I'll be there front and center for the action.

Lets Go 5

Quote from: Buck183 on April 11, 2017, 10:08:23 pm
Make up games tomorrow night. Both games are rematches of the state championship games this last year for both boys and girls.  I'll be there front and center for the action.

Make that two of us!

Buck183

Siloam and Russellville have finished up round one of many matches between the two schools for the year. 

The girls game was kind of Ho-hum. Playing a short first half didn't really allow either team to get in a rhythm.  Russellville did get a goal in during this short 13:55 minute half to tie the game up at 1-1. Final ended up 2-1 in favor of Siloam.  The second half saw Siloam possessing the ball a majority of the time with many missed opportunities on goal.  To me the score didn't reflect the game.  Pretty much reminded me of the championship game last year. 

The boy's game was pretty much one sided. I figured this game would be similar to a prize fight given the history between these two teams.  Halftime showed score to be 1-0 Russellville. Second half went south from there. Posession was fairly even in my eyes. Russellville capitalized 3 more times this half to make the final 4-0 in their favor.  We'll see if this changes any when they meet again. 

Lots of soccer left to play.

futbolsoccer

Quote from: Buck183 on April 12, 2017, 08:56:18 pm
Siloam and Russellville have finished up round one of many matches between the two schools for the year. 

The girls game was kind of Ho-hum. Playing a short first half didn't really allow either team to get in a rhythm.  Russellville did get a goal in during this short 13:55 minute half to tie the game up at 1-1. Final ended up 2-1 in favor of Siloam.  The second half saw Siloam possessing the ball a majority of the time with many missed opportunities on goal.  To me the score didn't reflect the game.  Pretty much reminded me of the championship game last year. 

The boy's game was pretty much one sided. I figured this game would be similar to a prize fight given the history between these two teams.  Halftime showed score to be 1-0 Russellville. Second half went south from there. Posession was fairly even in my eyes. Russellville capitalized 3 more times this half to make the final 4-0 in their favor.  We'll see if this changes any when they meet again. 

Lots of soccer left to play.

girls, have not started the same players two in a row this year because of different activities, had play one game yesterday, another one today, and one more tomorrow, plus a full practice on Monday, they looked tires the entire second half, players do what coaches said, personally don't like their philosophy of the game. Still a lot of work to do, and every game is different any one can win that's the beauty of soccer.

Russellville boys are very young and talented, boys games will be even most of the time, they are strong and fast, girls are more technical and tactical in order to have success.

still on girls side the top 4 will be SS, MH, Searcy and Russellville, don't know the order, because ones again every game is different, but I think the champion will come one of one of these 4 teams on 6A girls. 

Buck183

Quote from: futbolsoccer on April 12, 2017, 10:14:53 pm

girls, have not started the same players two in a row this year because of different activities, had play one game yesterday, another one today, and one more tomorrow, plus a full practice on Monday, they looked tires the entire second half, players do what coaches said, personally don't like their philosophy of the game. Still a lot of work to do, and every game is different any one can win that's the beauty of soccer.

Russellville boys are very young and talented, boys games will be even most of the time, they are strong and fast, girls are more technical and tactical in order to have success.

still on girls side the top 4 will be SS, MH, Searcy and Russellville, don't know the order, because ones again every game is different, but I think the champion will come one of one of these 4 teams on 6A girls.

I haven't seen the Searcy girls play yet this year.  I've seen the other teams mentioned.  Been keeping an eye on Searcy and their record, seem to be doing well.  Records have proven to not be an accurate indicator of strength in the past.  Take a look at Benton and El Dorado last year.  They won't be taken lightly though. 

VHSCoach2

Quote from: Buck183 on April 13, 2017, 12:14:25 pm
I haven't seen the Searcy girls play yet this year.  I've seen the other teams mentioned.  Been keeping an eye on Searcy and their record, seem to be doing well.  Records have proven to not be an accurate indicator of strength in the past.  Take a look at Benton and El Dorado last year.  They won't be taken lightly though.

We played Searcy the Tuesday after Spring Break. They are a speedy team and can win virtually all 50/50 balls if given the chance to. They are not afraid to get after anything and are physical as well. A weakness that I saw was that they force shots quickly and miss quite a few wide and over. However, once they get into a rhythm and settle down a bit, their shots seem more focused and precise.

We held them 0-0 until the last 30 seconds of the first half, and then the wheel fell off, so to speak.

We play them again next Friday.

sssuperpantherfan2

Our girls are getting a needed break today, SS has played 4 days & 4 games, we needed to rest up for Harrison tomorrow. They will bring a good game and can't take them lightly.

jimmyt

The original plan for the 6A conf tourney was Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday format. 8 teams. Top 6 go to state. I think it has changed to Friday(28th), Tuesday, Saturday format but someone can confirm this. There will be no host site. Each higher seed will host each game.

6A Boys East Predictions of seeding before conference tourney:
Mountain Home
Jonesboro
Hall
Searcy
Marion
West Memphis
Pine Bluff
Jacksonville

6A Boys West Predictions of seeding before conference tourney:
Russellville
Siloam Springs
Benton
El Dorado
Texarkana
Greenwood
Sheridan
Lake Hamilton

Soccer11

I think Siloam springs hosts

jimmyt

Siloam hosts state for 6A. I am referring to the conf. tourneys.

ArkansasSportsFan

Quote from: jimmyt on April 20, 2017, 08:54:26 am
The original plan for the 6A conf tourney was Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday format. 8 teams. Top 6 go to state. I think it has changed to Friday(28th), Tuesday, Saturday format but someone can confirm this. There will be no host site. Each higher seed will host each game.

Mountain Home
Jonesboro
Hall
Searcy
Marion
West Memphis
Pine Bluff
Jacksonville

Russellville
Siloam Springs
Benton
El Dorado
Texarkana
Greenwood
Sheridan
Lake Hamilton

That doesn't sound right on the East. Mountain Home played the weakest schedule from what I can tell out of the 3 undefeated teams. Jonesboro went through the gauntlet compared to the other 2. The only common opponent those two have is Searcy and Jonesboro won 5-0 away and Mt. Home got them 3-0 at home. There's no good way of sorting this out but that's just my observation. I believe Hall has had a tougher schedule than Mt. Home.

I by no means support using Maxpreps as a crutch to defend this argument, but if you were to look at that as well, it's still 1. Jonesboro 2. Hall 3. Mt. Home

Hopefully AAA does something better than this in the future so you don't end up with 3 undefeated and deserving 1 seeds who get home field advantage in the conference tournament by way of a vote, which like it or not, could change the scope of the game considering the shortest drive for these 3 teams is about 2 1/2 hours.

jimmyt

ArkansasSportsFan,

Obviously you're a Jonesboro guy. I don't have a dog in this fight and these were predictions, not the actual seeds. I will defend my decision of putting Mountain Home #1 because they ARE undefeated through the entire season. Jonesboro HAS LOST to two 5A teams: Hot Springs and Nettleton (which they ended up having to forfeit). Hall's loss was to Russellville which actually makes me think that they should be #2.

I disagree about Mountain Home having a weaker schedule and here's why:

Batesville beat Nettleton in the Jonesboro tournament 2-0. Nettleton beat Jonesboro 6-4. Mtn Home has beat Batesville twice 2-1 & 2-0.
A Searcy win 3-0, 4-0, or 5-0 is nothing different. In the end, you only get 3 tie breaker points anyways.
Beebe is also a common opponent and both scores were 3-0.
Mtn Home plays opponents that are just as good as Hall's and Jonesboro:
                 Mtn Home- Searcy, Batesville, Greenbrier, Beebe, Vilonia
                 Jonesboro- Valley View, Nettleton, Paragould, GCT, Marion
                 Hall- PA, LRCA, Maumelle, Sylvan Hills, Fair

So I don't know what "gauntlet" you're talking about? Please don't try to bring up Maxpreps rankings.  They mean absolutely nothing.

Yes, this is the unforseen that the AAA didn't think about. Whoever came up with this idea about blended conferences and conference tournament seeding without playing each other should be fired.

ArkansasSportsFan

There are 3, possibly 4 teams that are better than Beebe who is the number 2 team in Mt. Home's conference that are currently in Jonesboro's conference. That conference is a joke. Also, I have no affiliation with the school but I'm big follower of 4a, 5a, and 6a soccer in the NEA.

Jonesboro also played Beebe in a tournament which tournaments usually go with 25-30 minute halves. Correct me if I'm wrong on this though.

6aSoccer

April 20, 2017, 01:33:04 pm #19 Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 01:43:45 pm by 6aSoccer
Jonesboro's Tournament was 30 minute halves. I agree though, if Beebe is the second best team in that conference then something is off there. What tournaments did Mountain Home compete in this year? I don't think I've seen that listed yet anywhere, but that could be a big factor in deciding them being number 1. They only show up as playing 13 games or so compared to 19 from Jonesboro and 13 from Hall. When playing an extra 6 games that does have to carry some weight. Did the other schools just not compete in tournaments and only play their conference schedules and 2 out of conference games? The reason I"m asking is because you can't complain about playing the teams in your conference if you aren't going out and seeking better competition.

As far at the Jonesboro v Nettleton score, I've looked into that and heard what all was going on there. Let's just say that one of those teams had 2 starting defenders out and 1 playing injured and their top 3 backups off the bench suspended/out of town for that game. That was a weird score for sure considering the team that lost originally came back and won 5-1 in the rematch when most of their players were back.

If you don't look at teams and who they are playing competition wise and the number of games they are playing then it would make more sense for these teams to not play any tournament games or out of conference competitions just to make sure they end the season undefeated and unprepared for the state tournament. In the end, it doesn't really matter who the number 1,2, or 3 seed is for these games other than travel. It has no impact on the state tournament as far as how they are seeded and if a team can't go on the road and win a conference tournament game then they have nothing to look forward to when it comes to state since it's in Siloam Springs. (how did they get this? It makes more sense to have a site more neutrally located) Just go play, win, and call it good for yourself. The only part that really sucks is when one of the teams who is undefeated (if they all end that way) is that being undefeated does make you go on the road twice which would make no sense, but oh well. It'll be ok. Everyone will be just fine, and the world keeps spinning.

Soccer11

R'Ville is a good team and LR hall a pretty good team too I've seen Hall play they control most of the game

6aSoccer

Quote from: Soccer11 on April 20, 2017, 01:56:35 pm
R'Ville is a good team and LR hall a pretty good team too I've seen Hall play they control most of the game

yes, I agree. I would say Hall is the biggest threat to Russellville, but the scoreline from last time may not be the same as it will be this time if they play. They played early on and Hall is getting better and better. Siloam can't be discounted though as they are always strong. Benton is showing they are a force to be reckoned with as well, but let's be honest, it all starts and ends with Russellville.

jimmyt

You make a good point on how playing more games can help your cause if you can get more wins, more experience, ect.. but if you play more games and lose then it has the chance to hurt you and also injure players. There is no rule saying each team has to play in a tournament or even play non-conf games. What each team has to do is play their conf schedule. This is a discussion that these 6A coaches will have this Sunday.

The only advantage is getting the #1 seed. That would give you (hypothetically) Jacksonville, Searcy, Championship game
                                                                            2nd would give you Pine Bluff, 3 seed team, championship game
                                                                            3rd would give you West Memphis, 2 seed team, championship game

To the point that Jonesboro was missing players because of injury or what not... Every team in the state has to deal with that same thing on any given day. The way this blended went, it made all games important to build a resume so you can't afford to have a bad game or take a game off when the years before each team had one or two teams circled on the schedule that they knew would decide seeds for conference and they typically got to play them twice... this way if a team lost the first time to a rival, they could beat them next time by more and win the tiebreaker.

Its sad that it has to come down to coaches "talking" it out in a room but ultimately the best team will win.

Good luck to all the teams involved

6aSoccer

So basically the way you have it written out (which is nice), the 1 seed is playing games that don't really matter because they should beat both teams the first two rounds easily. The second and third place teams will walk through the first round and have a nice battle the second round with the winner possibly being better prepared for the final  game and going into state. Depending on the coaches' philosophy, one may want that 2/3 seed over the one if they enjoy getting their team ready for the upcoming state tournament. I'm not sure how beating a bunch of bad teams leading into state would do you much good. It seems like usually it means you play a bad team that ends up hurting your players from a readiness standpoint and physical standpoint more than it helps anything.

In the state tournament, the first round bye doesn't do a lot for you anyway. Typically that first game for the two seed is a nice tune up game anyway so either way, I think all three of these teams will be fine until they meet the teams from the Central and then Benton from the south. It should be fun to see how the teams all play it out.

jimmyt

If the 2 or 3 seed would better prepare teams for state then why are we even having this conversation? We could have left it the way I had started it with Mtn Home at 1 and you can just convince the Jonesboro and Hall coaches of the point you just made at being better prepared for state.. lol

6aSoccer

Quote from: jimmyt on April 20, 2017, 02:45:10 pm
If the 2 or 3 seed would better prepare teams for state then why are we even having this conversation? We could have left it the way I had started it with Mtn Home at 1 and you can just convince the Jonesboro and Hall coaches of the point you just made at being better prepared for state.. lol

I'm sure those coaches would jump right on that theory!

I'm going to assume they would all want the 1 as a sign of respect for their hard work, but do you have a bracket available to see where a 1,2,3 seed end up after the tournament is over for the state tournament? That's the part that will really mean the most as far as matchups go. 

The coaches aren't going to give a rip what I have to think about it.

Soccer11

3 more games and season over with and no bracket ?

mhip201

I know that the Maxpreps rankings aren't worth the paper that they are printed on, but if you lose a little bit of math, you can find the average value of the teams in their respective CCD's in Arkansas. The math looks something like:
(Maxpreps' Arkansas ranking of team 1+ranking of team 2 +ranking of team 3,...ect)/Amount of teams in the conference
To give you an idea of the level of competition every team plays in their conference. Anyway, if you do that, the numbers come out to look something like this:
LR Hall's average district opponent ranking: 49.75
Mountain Home's average district opponent ranking: 51
Jonesboro's average district opponent ranking: 50.125
So basically this says that every team played a very similar level of competition in their CCD's (and remained undefeated in them) so I really have no idea how the coaches are going to rank them this Sunday. Good luck to them and those teams and hopefully the best team will win out no matter what.

ArkansasSportsFan

The seed matters for home field. It's not a neutral site.

Buck183

April 20, 2017, 10:46:36 pm #29 Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 10:48:49 pm by Buck183
Quote from: 6aSoccer on April 20, 2017, 01:33:04 pm

If you don't look at teams and who they are playing competition wise and the number of games they are playing then it would make more sense for these teams to not play any tournament games or out of conference competitions just to make sure they end the season undefeated and unprepared for the state tournament. In the end, it doesn't really matter who the number 1,2, or 3 seed is for these games other than travel. It has no impact on the state tournament as far as how they are seeded and if a team can't go on the road and win a conference tournament game then they have nothing to look forward to when it comes to state since it's in Siloam Springs. (how did they get this? It makes more sense to have a site more neutrally located) Just go play, win, and call it good for yourself. The only part that really sucks is when one of the teams who is undefeated (if they all end that way) is that being undefeated does make you go on the road twice which would make no sense, but oh well. It'll be ok. Everyone will be just fine, and the world keeps spinning.

More neutrally located?  Harrison is hosting the 5A conference tournament. Is that the most neutrally located option for all 5A teams? 

It doesn't matter where this happens, someone will be unhappy about it.  Load up the family car and go enjoy some soccer. That's what it's all about.  I'd give anything if we got to play soccer in state year round.  I'm used to traveling to Texas, Tennessee, Missourri, Oklahoma, and all over region three to play soccer every weekend from August through January every year. I consider anything within state lines a home game and a blessing. 

I love getting to see all these different venues. 

All of us 6A schools are already the step kids when it comes to Arkansas athletics as it is.  We need to stick together and stand strong. :-)

MDXPHD

Still confused why people are acting like Jonesboro has played a difficult schedule. Other than VV, who else?

6aSoccer

Quote from: MDXPHD on April 20, 2017, 11:08:29 pm
Still confused why people are acting like Jonesboro has played a difficult schedule. Other than VV, who else?

Assuming Searcy is still down compared to year's past? They played them twice winning both 4-0 and 5-0. They beat Little Rock Central, Played 5a state winner Hot Springs, beat  Van Buren, beat Valley View twice, beat Nettleton, all of which are better than any team Mountain Home has played. ( I get Searcy)

I don't think anyone is claiming them as anything other than a team who has proved it more this season so far. They played their conference schedule like they were forced to, but went out and got in tournaments as well seeking out those harder games.

I think Hall is ahead of both of them, but it doesn't really  matter. They will play in the conference tournament and eventually lose to either Benton, Russellville, or Siloam Springs and all this convo will be for nothing.

I get you are a former Mountain Home player, and they are the same team they always are. They're a bunker down defense and send the long ball to one forward and hope for the best. They play aggressive and physical and are tough to score on and beat. No one is knocking your team at all. I think they'll do just fine, but none of yall are getting past the west.

Soccer11

Benton doesn't have a chance vs Hall they lost 3 good players and they pretty much have the same people last year Hall beat them twice 2-0 and 7-0 hall has the same people but 5 seniors left... SS vs Rville again on the finals

MDXPHD

I'm not from mountain home. And Searcy is certainly down this year. Nettleton Is not very good. I'm not saying Jonesboro isnt better than mountain home, but calling their schedule the gauntlet is absurd. I've seen MH play twice and they aren't very impressive. Solid defense and don't make many mistakes, but they won't win 6A. I would put Hall above both of them.

jimmyt

Didn't Batesville (who allegedly plays in a trash conference this year) beat Jonesboro 2-0 in the Jonesboro tourney last year?

Jonesboro lost to two 5A schools this year right? and Hot Springs was able to beat them 3-0 in a tournament where that halves are shortened?

And Buck, the Siloam tournament is state. The tourney you are referring to is a conf tourney... Little bit of a travel difference there..

ArkansasSportsFan

Quote from: jimmyt on April 21, 2017, 10:17:10 am
Didn't Batesville (who allegedly plays in a trash conference this year) beat Jonesboro 2-0 in the Jonesboro tourney last year?

Jonesboro lost to two 5A schools this year right? and Hot Springs was able to beat them 3-0 in a tournament where that halves are shortened?

And Buck, the Siloam tournament is state. The tourney you are referring to is a conf tourney... Little bit of a travel difference there..

Jonesboro didn't play Batesville.

Jonesboro lost to Hot Springs who's the defending 5a state champion and also have now beaten the 5a runner up twice. They went undefeated in conference, although one was a forfeit with Nettleton, which is after (I believe) 3 of their starting defenders got hurt. While I know that you're going to come back with "well you have to play with injuries" no team will be able to play their best with that many injuries. You can see the difference when the guys came back because they beat Nettleton 5-1.

MDXPHD

Yeah but nettleton also beat Marion earlier in the year pretty bad then lost to them. Teams change a lot from the beginning of the year to the end. Jonesboro is good, probably better than mountain home, but just don't act like they've played a very tough schedule.

6aSoccer

Quote from: MDXPHD on April 21, 2017, 11:26:47 am
Yeah but nettleton also beat Marion earlier in the year pretty bad then lost to them. Teams change a lot from the beginning of the year to the end. Jonesboro is good, probably better than mountain home, but just don't act like they've played a very tough schedule.

Good talk. Now let's focus on who can actually beat Russellville/Siloam Springs. Anyone? I'll hang up and wait. Until someone proves they can take these two out come state tournament finals, they are just delaying the inevitable of being sent home. I think if someone plays lights out and one of these two has a bad game that it can happen, sure, but I just don't see it due to their depth, skill, and the fact that they play much tougher games all year to prepare for state.

I mean, what are those two teams flaws? They are typically stacked at all positions. It'll be an uphill climb for anyone to knock them off.

6aSoccer

Does anyone actually know how this conference tournament is going to work in the 6a? I've read something about higher seeds hosting, but which seeds are on which sides of the bracket? Is there a bracket somewhere to even look at it or is it something the conferences just come up with individually?

jimmyt

http://www.maxpreps.com/tournament/4liyuxlyEeeT-Oz0u-e-FA/c_Ppqhl4EeeT-Oz0u-e-FA/soccer-spring-17/2017-soccer-boys-state-tournament-6a-boys-state-soccer.htm

This is the state tourney bracket for 6A. Seems like getting the 1E seed and 3E seed would hypothetically keep you from having to play Russellville till the finals.
However, you will have to face Siloam & 1E just to get to Russellville in the finals as the 3E.

Getting the 2E would likely have you play Benton then Russellville just to get to the finals.

Thoughts?

6aSoccer

Quote from: jimmyt on April 21, 2017, 12:58:23 pm
http://www.maxpreps.com/tournament/4liyuxlyEeeT-Oz0u-e-FA/c_Ppqhl4EeeT-Oz0u-e-FA/soccer-spring-17/2017-soccer-boys-state-tournament-6a-boys-state-soccer.htm

This is the state tourney bracket for 6A. Seems like getting the 1E seed and 3E seed would hypothetically keep you from having to play Russellville till the finals.
However, you will have to face Siloam & 1E just to get to Russellville in the finals as the 3E.

Getting the 2E would likely have you play Benton then Russellville just to get to the finals.

Thoughts?

I've seen the state tournament one. I was curious about this conference tournament stuff they have going on. I can't find that anywhere. I don't really think it matters to much on the seed. You have quality teams in the east and west. Top 3 for each will be good, but if I was the coach, I'd want to stay away from Russellville as long as I could. So for me it would be the 1 or the 3 seed if I was an east team. If i'm the West, knowing Russellville will probably take the 1 seed, I would rather be 2 to stay away Russellville and take my chances on the 1 and 3 seed from the East.

Soccer11

Why everyone scared of R'Ville as I recall last year they almost lost in the 2 round hall guys where so unlucky

OB11

If they are doing it like basketball and baseball it works likes this, 8 seed travels to 1 seed, 2 travels to 7, etc.

6aSoccer

Quote from: jimmyt on April 20, 2017, 08:54:26 am

Mountain Home
Jonesboro
Hall
Searcy
Marion
West Memphis
Pine Bluff
Jacksonville

Russellville
Siloam Springs
Benton
El Dorado
Texarkana
Greenwood
Sheridan
Lake Hamilton

I had some info sent to me on the 6a side.

Boys
Mountain Home (by way of coin flip), Jonesboro, Hall, Searcy, Marion, Pine Bluff, Jacksonville, West Memphis

Mountain Home will host West Memphis
Jonesboro will host Jacksonville
Hall will host Pine Bluff
Searcy will host Marion

Some of these games were taking place on Friday due to prom issues.

Winner of MH and WM plays winner of Searcy and Marion and the losers will face each other as well on Tuesday.

Winner of Jonesboro/Jacksonville will play winner of Hall and Pine Bluff. The losers will play each other as well all on Tuesday.

Higher seeds get to host throughout. If you lose the first two games, you are out of the tournament and will not get a bid to state.

Girls
Searcy, Mountain Home, Jonesboro are top three for girls. Jacksonville heads to Mountain Home to Play, Little Rock Hall to Jonesboro, Marion and West Memphis would play each other, and Pine Bluff doesn't have a girls team. Searcy gets the bye.

Lets Go 5

Everyone's opinion and thoughts are very intersting and enjoyable to read. It's always nice getting others perspectives on the same subject.

jimmyt

Either way, one thing we all have in common is a love for the sport of soccer. Its fun to get on here and discuss teams and records. I hope soccer continues to grow here in Arkansas.

Buck183

Quote from: jimmyt on April 27, 2017, 08:04:52 am
Either way, one thing we all have in common is a love for the sport of soccer. Its fun to get on here and discuss teams and records. I hope soccer continues to grow here in Arkansas.

^^^^^this^^^^^

Preach it brother. 

6aSoccer

Same- We should really support the growth of soccer, but also the players. Attacking a team isn't necessary, let the results in the tournaments speak for themselves. Personally, I have always enjoyed watching the 5 and 6a matchups. I think the 7a is too loaded with talent on all those teams to the point of almost being unfair. Take some of these smaller schools or towns that have multiple high schools and combine them like the big schools are and I would like to see that matchup with the 7a schools.

Hopefully the smaller schools programs continue to get better so that they can compete with the Russellvilles and Siloams who are smaller, but get to play the tough competition all year to prepare for state. Until all of the schools improve in the northeast and south, they will continue to struggle against central and west teams.

Soccer as a whole in Arkansas seems behind though. Look at the ODP programs. From what I gather, they get stomped up on pretty good by states surrounding Arkansas. We need the programs as a whole in Arkansas to get much better if they are ever going to gain respect.

futbolsoccer

Quote from: 6aSoccer on April 27, 2017, 09:03:46 am
Same- We should really support the growth of soccer, but also the players. Attacking a team isn't necessary, let the results in the tournaments speak for themselves. Personally, I have always enjoyed watching the 5 and 6a matchups. I think the 7a is too loaded with talent on all those teams to the point of almost being unfair. Take some of these smaller schools or towns that have multiple high schools and combine them like the big schools are and I would like to see that matchup with the 7a schools.

Hopefully the smaller schools programs continue to get better so that they can compete with the Russellvilles and Siloams who are smaller, but get to play the tough competition all year to prepare for state. Until all of the schools improve in the northeast and south, they will continue to struggle against central and west teams.

great topic!
yes I agree Arkansas is behind surrounding state talking about soccer, money is the issue in our state, not all the best players are in ODP.
it is expensive at some point, travel, coaching, food etc.
a few things that can be very good, is start soccer in middle school, just like Basketball and Volleyball,  have paid coaches as earlier as  8 years old, is when start to get a bit competitive (club soccer).
let HS players play club soccer during spring season, there is better coaching in club soccer than HS.
not all towns have club soccer, but can play for any association close by, keep players playing all year around, state soccer need more support with indoor facilities.
I understand stand that is not a money maker, but in many towns is the sport that has brought more championships than any other sport.

Soccer as a whole in Arkansas seems behind though. Look at the ODP programs. From what I gather, they get stomped up on pretty good by states surrounding Arkansas. We need the programs as a whole in Arkansas to get much better if they are ever going to gain respect.

pantherdad

6A West tournament:

Boys:
First round May 1 at higher seeded team.
Game 1   (1) Russellville vs. 8 Sheridan
Game 2   (4) El Dorado vs. (5) Texarkana
Game 3   (2) Siloam Springs vs. (7) Greenwood
Game 4   (3) Benton vs. (6) Lake Hamilton

Girls:
First round May 1 at higher seeded team.
Game 1   (1) Siloam Springs vs. 8 Greenwood
Game 2   (4) El Dorado vs. (5) Lake Hamilton
Game 3   (2) Benton vs. (7) Sheridan
Game 4   (3) Russellville vs. (6) Texarkana

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas